Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Even if it wasn't Marca that still sounds like complete nonsense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Marca talking about Madrid target shocker!! I dont think he leaves this summer. Or next. Or the one after that etc.... Looking at the players we are linked with and deals apparently all but done for Depay and Hummels, its clear to me that something special is gonna happen at Utd over the next few years. Worst case scenario our front 5 next season is Herrera, Mata, Di Maria, Depay and Rooney. Best case scenario is we sign Bale, Laccazette and another to rotate with the 5 I previously mentioned. Thats gotta be a scary thought for the rest of Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Max is making me proud calling out the click bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Max and Future Guy the dream team of Manchester United Transfer News. We should set them up their own little office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Max and Future Guy the dream team of Manchester United Transfer News. We should set them up their own little office.

I'm just waiting on my banker of Di Maria staying at United this summer to come in so I can cement my place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

I know its been said before, but once Champions League is cemented I think he will sign. Other than news reports, I haven't seen or heard anything from DDG himself to suggest otherwise. On the other hand, there's no smoke without fire and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

14 million would mean he would earn €270,000 a week. I just don't believe that we would paybthat much in wages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

So who do people think we will go for this summer?

I'm guessing:

Lloris.
    Coleman/Clyne
    Hummels/Another CB.
    Gundogan/Another CM.
    Depay.
    A striker - depending on who stays/leaves.

I think we'll see at least 4 signings and then the rest will depend on who leaves.

I'd say Hummels and Depay are almost nailed on. Clyne and Ings I would be fairly certain about and then a CM. Possibly another striker too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hococop wrote: »
    14 million would mean he would earn €270,000 a week. I just don't believe that we would paybthat much in wages

less than RVP, Rooney, Falcao, Di Maria. Puts him as a key paid player - which would be fair.

• Advertisement

ElChe32 wrote: »

Can I be their receptionist. I'll be pedantic as ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Hococop wrote: »

Our wage bill is now one of the highest in world football, it's over £200million a year.

Falcao,Rvp, Rooney and Di Maria are up there with the best paid in the world apart from the big two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

glued wrote: »
    I think we'll see at least 4 signings and then the rest will depend on who leaves.

I'd say Hummels and Depay are almost nailed on. Clyne and Ings I would be fairly certain about and then a CM. Possibly another striker too.

Agree with this. I would say Hummels and Depay will be announced as signings at the end of the season early enough as I reckon terms etc have been agreed with the players and its justa matter of negotiating a transfer fee. I think we will possibly sign Nathan Clyne and also the chap Gundogan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

billyhead wrote: »
    Agree with this. I would say Hummels and Depay will be announced as signings at the end of the season early enough as I reckon terms etc have been agreed with the players and its justa matter of negotiating a transfer fee. I think we will possibly sign Nathan Clyne and also the chap Gundogan.
    I would be fairly happy with those 4 signings,no superstar signings but all players are an improvement on what is currently there and have there best years ahead of them.
    Hummels is a quality CB,even if he is having a poor season.
    Depay has huge potential and hopefully LVG can get the very best out of him.
    If Gundogan can stay fit then he is an excellent player.
    Clyne is a good option,young ,English and will be relatively cheap and there aren't a lot of options for RB out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Our wage bill is now one of the highest in world football, it's over £200million a year.

Falcao,Rvp, Rooney and Di Maria are up there with the best paid in the world apart from the big two.
    Would have no problem seeing Falcao and RVP removed from that list.The wage bill is mental at the moment and imo needs to be reduced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The word is that Moyes was working on it, but after he got sacked everything go put on hold until Van Gaal came in a decided who he wanted to keep. After that I don't know what happened.

I find reports like that hard to accept sometimes. Van Gaal was appointed at the start of the summer, it would take no time whatsoever to ask for a squad list with contract expiry dates, and it takes no football knowledge at all to know that De Gea is one of the guys we want to keep. Either get Woodward to open talks or get it done yourself, but it clearly should have been done.

If I accepted that your post was accurate I'd have to call the United management incompetent, and people at that level can't really be incompetent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

yabadabado wrote: »
    Would have no problem seeing Falcao and RVP removed from that list.The wage bill is mental at the moment and imo needs to be reduced.

If the apparent wage figures for those two are accurate, getting rid would save about £500,000 per week. Crazy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If the apparent wage figures for those two are accurate, getting rid would save about £500,000 per week. Crazy.

Or about half a Ronaldo.

yabadabado wrote: »

It's 50% of our turnover. It's absolutely grand . Liverpool is 56% and Qpr is 195%.

Our wages are fine for
    Out stature.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Or about half a Ronaldo.

Or seven and a bit Cleverleys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Came accross this from the Telegraph - don't know if already posted but jesus LVG has/will leave his mark on the footballing landscape of Europe! - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11184623/Louis-van-Gaal-How-Jose-Mourinho-and-Europes-other-top-coaches-descend-from-Dutch-coach.html

29c30hg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Ronaldo could easily play until he's 40. Has all the technical ability to play striker or even creative midfielder or at #10.

I'm sure he could, but I wouldn't see him turning out for a top flight team at that age. He left the club at 24 years old. He is now 30. He has spent his prime years at Real. He is more their player than he is Uniteds, despite the long distance love affair. He just last year extended his contract with Real to 2018. He's scored 50 goals this season - so far. Real have no reason to sell him for anything less than a huge amount of money. I wish he had remained at United, but he made it clear he wanted to leave so that's that. It would be entirely small time to sell our best player to Real Madrid when he was entering the peak of his powers and then fork out 80 million to take him back as he enters his decline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

270,000 a week for a goalkeeper is ridiculous, 200,000 is the absolute max I'd give De Gea because of how ridiculous money has gone on England, Neuer only earns 105k a week afaik

Funny Liverpool fans laughed at us calling our manager a tactical genius earlier in the season and I've just seen a clip of Rodgers calling himself a tactical genius

270,000 a week for a goalkeeper is ridiculous, 200,000 is the absolute max I'd give De Gea because of how ridiculous money has gone on England, Neuer only earns 105k a week afaik

I suppose it's all relative. I'd personally happily see De Gea earning the same as Rooney, RVP, Falcao (and other players of similiar level at other clubs) given how important I think he's been for the last few years. I wouldn't look at it as a "...for a goalkeeper" amount but as a "...for a key player" amount.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

....and I've just seen a clip of Rodgers calling himself a tactical genius

I'm pretty sure you took that out of context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Reports going around that Jav.Hernandez will be sold for 7 million this summer. Decent enough price i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Imagine Old Trafford if he makes runs with this type of speed!!!!

Reports going around that Jav.Hernandez will be sold for 7 million this summer. Decent enough price i guess.

That goal will have added 2m on to his price :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We should be looking for bit more then 7 million for Chico.

If Welbeck can leave for 16 million.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

We're terrible at selling players. Welbeck should have been £25m and I don't even rate him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Funny Liverpool fans laughed at us calling our manager a tactical genius earlier in the season and I've just seen a clip of Rodgers calling himself a tactical genius

No its not ridiculous, not when we had even spending that much on players he has consistently outperformed over the last 2-3 years. He is one of the best 2/3 in the world and has a good 12-15 years in him... if he stays his career at Utd and has the longevity of a VDS or Buffon, we are set in goals (a notoriously tricky spot to fill) until around 2030, which is crazy. Without him, for all we know we could be returning to a few years of the Barthez/Howard/Carroll Fiasco, or even something similar to Arsenal of the last decade.

You pay your best players and your most important players accordingly - De Gea is probably our best, and despite being a keeper possibly even our most important player currently at the club. God only knows where would have been last season, and indeed this one (and even the season before last) without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I would be very annoyed if we only got 7 million for Chico. Could easily get £20m for him.

Welbeck is far more versatile and younger.

Welbeck is far more versatile and younger.

Rather a strong player in one position.

Think that shows throughout market when versitle players dobt go for the huge sums. Chico is still good age for good fee.

Rather a strong player in one position.

Think that shows throughout market when versitle players dobt go for the huge sums. Chico is still good age for good fee.

I would rather have the more versatile player personally. Chico is good at finishing but that's it pretty much. Caught offside far too much as well imo.

I would rather have the more versatile player personally. Chico is good at finishing but that's it pretty much. Caught offside far too much as well imo.

I just think if its 10 minutes to go and you needed a Goal I could say Chico will get one, Welbeck could be there till Xmas.

I do understand what ya mean though. Some of his Goals came at huge times for us in games. Hard to buy that alone.

Will other clubs look at it that way? Maybe not

Depay is in England to talk about move to united according to reports.

Also, Der Westen, some German newspaper, are saying Gundogan has turned down contract offer from Dortmund and is keen on a move to United also.

I say we should get £12+ million for chico

Depay is in England to talk about move to united according to reports.

Also, Der Westen, some German newspaper, are saying Gundogan has turned down contract offer from Dortmund and is keen on a move to United also.

I suppose the dutch season is over now they won it, but I figured this would not happen till our season was over

Will be interesting it there are photos of him in the next few days

• Advertisement

Where is Futureguy?

He has a job to do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

David de Stea.

#weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

7 million for Hernandez is a steal. Plenty of clubs will jump all over that.

I still feel he hasn't reached his potential because he stayed at United too long......and then moved to Madrid on loan. You don't trade one bench for another.

I hope he is the main man wherever he ends up so we can see how good he can be with regular football.

Whoever is fortunate to get Chico is getting themselves a terrific striker no matter what price.

Would love to see him stay in ideal world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Whatever we paid for Chico, we should be looking for more back. We took a fairly big chance on him coming from Guadalajara, he's proven himself as a goalscorer at the highest level and his profile has been raised accordingly.

Whatever we paid for Chico, we should be looking for more back. We took a fairly big chance on him coming from Guadalajara, he's proven himself as a goalscorer at the highest level and his profile has been raised accordingly.

Well said.

• Advertisement

New player marketing director right here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

New player marketing director right here!

Ha

What was the big chance, 7million?

While all that is true, he dosent have much of a value to us right now, being sent out on loan at. 26 and hardly playing last year and this year.

He will go for less than 10 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

April 24th - the first Wesley Sneijder rumour appears in the press.

While all that is true, he dosent have much of a value to us right now, being sent out on loan at. 26 and hardly playing last year and this year.

He will go for less than 10 million.

Also his contract is running low (up next summer, I think) and Welbeck was English so of course we got more for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement