Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You're not worth what you can be, you're worth what you are, and right now Chico is a bench warmer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

According to Reddit, Voetbal International is the paper, and Thijs Slegers is the author, reporting the Depay news, and are the most reliable sources for PSV news. They are saying that Depay, his agent Kees Ploegsma and Kees Vos, the director of SEG, sat down with LVG and a United delegation on Wednesday in England to discuss terms. Worth noting it also says PSG made a "lucrative offer" and he visited them as well, but that United seem to be the preferred destination.

He also posted a picture of himself and his agent getting on/off a plane after the story was released.

The Mirror claims Chelsea have had a 100m offer for Bale and Varane turned down, so gives us an idea of what Real want for either/or.

AS report that Real have a £7m buy clause in the Hernandez loan deal.

The Metro says we will battle PSG for Snedijer's signature :rolleyes: They also say Liverpool and Chelsea are both willing to offer £25m for Falcao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

We should be getting £10-15m for Hernandez minimum along with similar if not more for Nani.

Rafael given his injury problems is a tricky one but again he is worth at least 10m +...

If we don't get in minimum £40m for the 3 then once again our policy needs to be looked at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

We should be getting £10-15m for Hernandez minimum along with similar if not more for Nani.

Rafael given his injury problems is a tricky one but again he is worth at least 10m +...

If we don't get in minimum £40m for the 3 then once again our policy needs to be looked at.

£40m for three unwanted players, two of whom have contracts expiring at the end of next season.

Doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Mezcita wrote: »
    £40m for three unwanted players, two of whom have contracts expiring at the end of next season.

Doubt it.

1 hasn't played this year. The 2 others at 26 being loaned out. The most obvious way of saying you're not needed at the club, go off for a year and play and look for a club for yourself.

3 valuable players for sure.
    Nani-8-10
    Raf- 12
    Chico- 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

If we do sell all 3 we will be lucky to get £30 million total.

Nani - £12
    Raf - £5
    Chico - £7/8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

10 years ago today.

https://vine.co/v/MVElUjFKV92

1 hasn't played this year. The 2 others at 26 being loaned out. The most obvious way of saying you're not needed at the club, go off for a year and play and look for a club for yourself.

3 valuable players for sure.
    Nani-8-10
    Raf- 12
    Chico- 7

You're £11m short from the £40m suggested. Agree with the valuations of Nani and Chico though. Rafael is too injury prone to go for that type of money. Has only played more than 19 league games per season once since his career began.

My point is that as these guys enter the last year of their contract their value decreases dramatically. Particularly because they can begin negotiations to move on a free from January onwards.

You're £11m short from the £40m suggested. Agree with the valuations of Nani and Chico though. Rafael is too injury prone to go for that type of money. Has only played more than 19 league games per season once since his career began.

My point is that as these guys enter the last year of their contract their value decreases dramatically. Particularly because they can begin negotiations to move on a free from January onwards.
    That stay has proved to be false if I'm not mistaken about raf. If someone can pull that out for me, that would be great
    Same as the headless red card waiting chicken rhetoric that is pulled out every so often.

That stay has proved to be false if I'm not mistaken about raf. If someone can pull that out for me, that would be great
    Same as the headless red card waiting chicken rhetoric that is pulled out every so often.

Here you go:

http://int.soccerway.com/players/rafael-pereira-da-silva/55715/

Details of his various injuries on that link too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_%28footballer,_born_1990%29

Ah I'm mistaken. But he was pretty young in the first 3 seasons.

The season he played 28 games was the the best rb in the leauge? He has talent no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Doubt it.

€40m would be more like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Be doing well to get 5m for Rafael.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That was a thunderbastard of a strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Depay is a done deal. If he's going anywhere it's to Manchester and Uncle Louis.

If De Gea is going to Madrid, I want player(s) and money in return. Verane is a beast, and Illarramendi isn't even in the Madrid starting 11 for some reason, and he's a perfect replacement for Carrick at DM. I can't see Bale being let go. So De Gea for Verane or Illarramendi, and I think I would rather go for Illarramendi who should, in theory, be an easier get since he doesn't even play. (See Champions League just gone where the mighty DM Ramos took his place)

Then whatever money is floating around should be thrown at Spurs to get LLoris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If we do sell all 3 we will be lucky to get £30 million total.

Chico - £7/8

https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/591482960135659522

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

FF UPDATE GUYS.

As we have just 5 GW's to go, here is the top 5 in the paid league.

I am gonna give 70 euro to first, 30 to second and 20 for third!

Team TOT
    1 Van Gaalacticos 1,918
    2 Game of Throw-Ins 1,907
    3 Bojango Unchained 1,896
    4 Always Next Season 1,852
    5 Magic Markers 1,728

Here is the top 10 of the unpaid for the lols league, tis very tight altogether!

Team TOT
    1 Van Gaalacticos 1,918
    2 Balkie Bhoys 1,878
    3 Tomfoolery F.C. 1,875
    4 Gunslingers 1,860
    5 FC Clunge 1,858
    6 Always Next Season 1,852
    7 not even klose 1,827
    8 Chic's XI 1,822
    9 Schürrle the best 1,819
    10 Freaky Feet 1,818

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

RobertKK wrote: »

I'm sorry but when I saw Crouch Snatch on the side of that page,I thought of this:

NSFW

Daily football news and the star.

Jesus Christ Fenton. Someone warn will I ammt to skip this page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Madrid just mentally preparing themselves to pick up the phone and make a bid. Takes a lot of work to prepare to make these bids you see, lots of background motivation required. You just can't make a bid, ya'know? It takes time in order to build up the confidence to maybe, possibly, make a bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Madrid just mentally preparing themselves to pick up the phone and make a bid. Takes a lot of work to prepare to make these bids you see, lots of background motivation required. You just can't make a bid, ya'know? It takes time in order to build up the confidence to maybe, possibly, make a bid.
    I'll bet the nails are chewn off to the knuckles they're that nervous about it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Depay is a done deal. If he's going anywhere it's to Manchester and Uncle Louis.

If De Gea is going to Madrid, I want player(s) and money in return. Verane is a beast, and Illarramendi isn't even in the Madrid starting 11 for some reason, and he's a perfect replacement for Carrick at DM. I can't see Bale being let go. So De Gea for Verane or Illarramendi, and I think I would rather go for Illarramendi who should, in theory, be an easier get since he doesn't even play. (See Champions League just gone where the mighty DM Ramos took his place)

Then whatever money is floating around should be thrown at Spurs to get LLoris.

You do realise the De Gea has only got a year left on his contract so there's not a hope of getting a player and money for him. If anything it's the other way round seeing that none of the players you mentioned are in the last year of their contracts. Varane is contracted up to 2020 and Illaramendi until 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So what's the price De Gea goes for? Be lucky to get £25m for him when he is worth more.

Will likely cost us the same price to get Lloris fr Spurs if that's the way LVG goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Cant wait for this next season ( One can hope )

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Carrick, Rojo and Jones all out. Blind doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

surprising, and annoying. What are the medical and physio department doing? LVG said last week that Blind and Jones were possible to make last weeks match - then 8 days later they are still out.

What the feck did they do this week?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is Evans back? If so him and Smalling with Blind or McNair in front of them depending on Blind's fitness is how I'd go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think McNair deserves a starting place considering his performance last week. Although in saying that, Drogba is a good deal slower than Lukaku.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I think McNair deserves a starting place considering his performance last week. Although in saying that, Drogba is a good deal slower than Lukaku.

True that, Lukaku would dominate Evans physically though. I'd start McNair with Smalling if it was up to me.

Really hope Blind is back. Rooney in midfield and we might be dropping more points. Falcao certainly won't be starting I'd imagine if we do have to play Rooney there.

surprising, and annoying. What are the medical and physio department doing? LVG said last week that Blind and Jones were possible to make last weeks match - then 8 days later they are still out.

What the feck did they do this week?:mad:

Gonna hazard a guess and say it was an estimation and the injuries haven't healed?
    Just a guess. Because, reality.
    Not too sure.

They hardly sat around around smelling their fingers ffs.

Love to see Fellaini score Sunday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

True that, Lukaku would dominate Evans physically though. I'd start McNair with Smalling if it was up to me.

Really hope Blind is back. Rooney in midfield and we might be dropping more points. Falcao certainly won't be starting I'd imagine if we do have to play Rooney there.

The difference this week is that Martinez won't try to man mark players out of the game, so there'll be way more space for Fellaini and Mata. Obviously we'll be under more pressure at the back, but I'd be confident that with a similar team and similar possession on Sunday as last week that we'd get the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

fellaini had a late night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Oh god shaw is doing the Ronaldo thing

Hococop wrote: »
    Oh god shaw is doing the Ronaldo thing

His big pasty white legs don't let him get away with it :pac:

• Advertisement

Press conference...

Blind is a possibility, but Carrick, Jones and Rojo "will not play"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lukaku is not actually very physical though as a player, great example of 'built like a truck, thinks like a sports car'. It's a big reason why Fellaini and Origi spent a good deal up top instead of him for Belgium at the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

One of the more reliable bvb journos has said were signing Gundogan for €30m.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I'm kind of okay with Carrick and Blind being out. Only for the chance to see Herrera in DM again. I'm very interested to see if he can master that position. Imo he looks like he has the attitude for it, but whether he has the brains required remains to be seen.

Ideally this experiment would be done in less important games, but at least something good can come out of the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    One of the more reliable bvb journos has said were signing Gundogan for €30m.

That's an awful deal for us if it's true. He's never going to physically be able to play a full season with his back.

glued wrote: »
    That's an awful deal for us if it's true. He's never going to physically be able to play a full season with his back.

He's been fine this season, played a heap of games since coming back with no apparent issues.

Took this from Sport Witness article on the whole story.
    They must just be a very chilled out lot at Der Westen. Gossip isn't usually their thing and that always gives an extra tick of reliability, especially when they're so sure on something.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/done-deal-man-united-agree-purchase-of-midfielder-for-22m-huge-tr

Gundogan would be an interesting signing. Can play in any of the three midfield roles with in a 433, but a signing that would also come out of the blue. His back issue is a real worry, but as said he has played this season since his return without issue. If United can ensure someone will remain injury prone though... we will. we are really good at that.

Whatever about his current fitness, players generally require to become fitter and stronger playing in the PL - to cope with the seemingly more physical demands - again I would worry that Gundogan's back may not hold up to the extra workload.

Saying all that, I have no idea about this journo or paper, and no one in England have picked up on even a hint of it - so at the moment I am going to assume there are some wires crossed, someone has jumped the gun or someone has simply lied. Until I see people I trust reporting it, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also, I have no idea what buttons on the keyboard ot press to spell his name accurately.

Also, I have no idea what buttons on the keyboard ot press to spell his name accurately.

Hold down ALT, then press 0252 on the numeric keypad, let go of ALT.

ü

• Advertisement

Hold down ALT, then press 0252 on the numeric keypad, let go of ALT.

ü

f that s!

Adding to the fact none of the english papers are talking about this, niether of the usual papers for the big sports stories in Germany have picked up on this story either, which is in its second day with whatever paper is running it has said it is a done deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement