Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Louis van Gaal thinks Ryan Giggs will be the next manager of Man Utd.

Like most people, I would prefer if Giggs took a role as manager else where and we see how it goes before making the big step forward after LVG.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32457693?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Like most people, I would prefer if Giggs took a role as manager else where and we see how it goes before making the big step forward after LVG.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32457693?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    I have no doubt Giggs will be the next manager of United if he and LVG can carry on together - I think the club will have learnt from the Moyes mistake and will promote internally.... like any other organisation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Look at the long list of previous Utd legends who were all deemed to be future Utd managers and went off to ply their trade elsewhere.
    Bryan Robson, Steve Bruce, Roy Keane to take but 3, nah, stick Giggsy in at the deep end, he'll be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I wonder is this partly in relation to the talk that Giggs and LVG don't get on - which has ben strongly denied by seemingly everyone at the club.

I personally don't see Giggs sticking around until LVG is done - as I think LVG is going to stay a while - past his 3 season contract. I think Giggs will move on, maybe next summer, and then whether he becomes the next United manager will depend on timing and how well he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It would be a mistake imo. As others have said, he needs experience standing on his own two feet before he gets a big job like United.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

irishfeen wrote: »
    I have no doubt Giggs will be the next manager of United if he and LVG can carry on together - I think the club will have learnt from the Moyes mistake and will promote internally.... like any other organisation!

Moyes was as close to an "internal promotion" as was possible without choosing someone from inside the club; appointing another manager without top, top level managing experience would be the exact same mistake made a second time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The thought of Ryan Giggs as Manchester United manager makes me feel giddy inside. I think it's possibly a decade away before it happens though. Would like him to have a few years under LVG, then maybe a few years managing a team like Everton or Spurs before he takes over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Sky Germany reporting Gundogan deal done. Contract to be signed at the weekend. Anyone know if theyre reliable or just the same as Sky Italia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Sky In Germany reporting on Gundogan now.

Also, it is crazy to suggest that because Moyes didn't work out that we would promote internally in some attempt to avoid a Moyes-esque mistake again.

We hired externally for his replacement.

United will hire whomever they feel is the best option at the time. It might be Giggs, it could be Tim Sherwood. Fook knows. But I am certain that they won't exclude anyone simply because they are not employed by United at the time.

• Advertisement

Is it happening?????????

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Sky In Germany reporting on Gundogan now.

An important point - are they doing so independently or simply reporting the newspaper report that we are already discussing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

thelad95 wrote: »
    The thought of Ryan Giggs as Manchester United manager makes me feel giddy inside. I think it's possibly a decade away before it happens though. Would like him to have a few years under LVG, then maybe a few years managing a team like Everton or Spurs before he takes over

I think I feel the opposite, he has no real assertiveness. He was a good leader in his later playing days due to attitude and expectation more than anything but not in a way that will transfer to being a manager imo. Maybe he'll gain it under LVG and I'll eat my words but given how pally he was with players who he should have been professionally seperated from last season I'm not encouraged tbh.

https://twitter.com/SkySportNewsHD/status/591680101718294529?s=09

Just says to tune into Sky Sports for more info, but looking good...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Moyes was as close to an "internal promotion" as was possible without choosing someone from inside the club; appointing another manager without top, top level managing experience would be the exact same mistake made a second time....
    Well one of the main issues with Moyes is that he got rid of almost everyone inside the club ... massive change, I would hope our next manager will be almost seamless - I can see Giggs learning massively from LVG.. like a sponge until he takes the reigns... I hope LVG is successful and stays about 5-8 years with us before handing the baton to Mr. Giggs.

Ilkay Gundogan will sign a contract with #mufc on the weekend. [via @SkySportNewsHD]

Liam O wrote: »
    I think I feel the opposite, he has no real assertiveness. He was a good leader in his later playing days due to attitude and expectation more than anything but not in a way that will transfer to being a manager imo. Maybe he'll gain it under LVG and I'll eat my words but given how pally he was with players who he should have been professionally seperated from last season I'm not encouraged tbh.

As assistnat manager, his role could actually include being the link between the players and the coaching staff. Mike Phelan performed that role under Fergie. Being pally with the players could be EXACTLY what he is supposed to be - with LVG the more authoritative of the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If we can get the Gundogan before his injuries it will be an unreal signing.

Im worried about that back of his

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

XFeLwWU.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How can we sign players if the transfer window isn't open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

TRANSLATION: Transfer from Gundogan to Man United is fixed. Contract is signed at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It won't go through till the summer.

Because we're Utd and we do what we want

Sign a pre-contract now and join officially when the window opens. Standard fare.

You sign agreements.

The transfer window relates to the transfer of player registration.

We signed Hernandez, for example, before the season ended. Van Nistlerooy and Stam as well I think, I am sure there are loads of similar examples.

Not saying we have signed him, or that we will, but you can sign contracts and agreements for a transfer if you want to.

Just watching Sky Sports Deutschland - GET OUT THE FCUKING JUNIOR CERT NOTES :)

€30 Million they are quoting!

still - i wonder if they are simply reporting the newspaper story, rather than becoming a second source themselves.

• Advertisement

still - i wonder if they are simply reporting the newspaper story, rather than becoming a second source themselves.

From what I see on Reddit, the sources in Germany reporting it are seen as very reliable. Also seems that the Dortmund fans think it's done anyway, and are moving on to discussing replacements...

Want to see it on the Sky Sports News yellow bar!

Can they throw in that Hummels lad as well :)

This is Sky Sports Deutschland now - seem fairly certain

a3kxmq.jpg

2vcict0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lord TSC wrote: »
    From what I see on Reddit, the sources in Germany reporting it are seen as very reliable. Also seems that the Dortmund fans think it's done anyway, and are moving on to discussing replacements...

They can have Cleverley for 10mill :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Back injuries are very scary.

I'd only take him if he agrees to go to the pit from the 'Dark Knight Rises' and escape, a la Bruce Wayne post back break.

The German rises.

• Advertisement

So Red is the new Yellow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Didnt Madrid recently sign someone but they wont join til the summer, not the wunderkind but someone else since him?

Didnt Madrid recently sign someone but they wont join til the summer, not the wunderkind but someone else since him?

Danilo (think thats how you spell it). Right back.

Sky Sports are probably trying to confirm this for definite with their German colleagues - could very well be Breaking News on the hour @8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And Bayren did it with Gotze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Danilo from Porto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Sky Sports are probably trying to confirm this for definite with their German colleagues - could very well be Breaking News on the hour @8

It's twenty to nine...

Up now on sky

It's twenty to nine...
    Ah yes sorry "9"

Sky sports news!

Tis on the yellow bar!!

First German to play for United!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Ah yes sorry "9"

That's ok young feen, I just don't like mistakes around here, don't let it happen again though.

BREAKING: Sky Sources: Manchester United close to agreeing deal to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan in the summer #SSNHQ

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore

Gundogan close to agreeing #MUFC deal according to @SkySports .

Very good player, exactly what United need.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement