Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

redzerdrog wrote: »
    lol at people getting upset at Carragher clearly taking the piss :pac:
    I think most are just seeing it for what it is - a bit of banter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Jesus it was only a joke from Carragher. Seeing some serious butt-hurt comments on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

HB4tAKv.gif?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Watching Liam Miller play horrendous for Cork tonight its nice that we seem be signing better quality CMs these days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We are not signing Gungodan. The translation is inaccurate. It's actually referring to zoning laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Agh Liam Miller him and Djemba Djemba so good they named him twice

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We are not signing Gungodan. The translation is inaccurate. It's actually referring to zoning laws.

You had one job

And you delivered.

Sorry for lowering the tone but .... :(

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/591716161831739392

FutureGuy wrote: »

You sir are my idol
    One day I hope I can be half the man you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

irishfeen wrote: »

What a shit article.

Not one quote mentioning De Gea and Madrid by Van Gaal. All it is him saying they've offered him a lot of money and it's up to him now.

OI TELEGRAPH

stone-cold-s-middle-finger-o.gif

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »
    What a shit article.

Not one quote mentioning De Gea and Madrid by Van Gaal. All it is him saying they've offered him a lot of money and it's up to him now.

OI TELEGRAPH

Mark Ogden putting his name to it is slightly worrying me though :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mark Ogden putting his name to it is slightly worrying me though :(

Ogden has been pretty bad since LVG came in.

Some media have linked De Gea, whose current deal with the Reds runs until 2016, with a move away in the summer. But van Gaal wants the in-form Spanish goalkeeper to be at Old Trafford next season.

“It [contract talks] takes a long time now,” van Gaal said. “It can always happen – I am not the boss. I want him to stay, but I've explained that the player is the boss – he can say yes or no.”

When pressed by journalists, the manager added: “You have to ask David De Gea, not me. He has to sign; we have offered him a lot of money.”

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Apr/louis-van-gaal-wants-david-de-gea-to-be-at-manchester-united-next-season.aspx?newsid=8839DE75-EC81-46B8-93C8-ED3A4EC6BBBF

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I'm not to worried about Gun Dogs back injury. You could sign Ronaldo and he could do his ACL in training, part of the risk with any transfer really.

If things dont work BVB will take him back in a couplle of years ala Shinji, making us some money back. Its been described as a low risk/high reward elsewhere and I agree.

This is the day and age where David Luiz who played like a crock against Barca goes for 50m, Bony for 30M. Gun dogs is 24m, its great business if true.

Gun dogs has had a year long lay off. It looks like he hasn't been rushed into anything which is good. RVN had a potential career ending injury before he came to UTD but Fergie kept the faith and that worked out perfectly for us.

Plus Gun Dogs has had surgery on his back. Spinal fusion surgery to be exact. Sounds serious right? Its not as bad as it sounds. It's to correct a slight shift in vertebrae. In ikay's case it's L5 so Lower back which aggravated nerves. They pull the vertebrae back in place and 'fuse' it with bone graft, in his case is synthetic. Once they have fused (takes about 3 months for the average person) then the back is solid again. He was out for nearly a year and obv had the best physiotherapy money can buy. Not going to be good as new but not one that's going to cause him much on going trouble.

Its the slight overhyping though that irks me. Some people only remember those CL games, against Real mainly and would claim he was on his way to being one of the top 5 CMs in the world. Other fans would say he is average wek in week out in the league. 22 was his break out year before the lay off.

My take on it anyway. Time will tell how much injury and talent is actually there to determine Gun Dogs being a world class CM.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ogden has been pretty bad since LVG came in.
    I have your right lad!

Gun dog>Snoop dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Who is the better player if you take injury concerns out of the equation , Gundogen, Strootman or Schneiderlin

Who is the better player if you take injury concerns out of the equation , Gundogen, Strootman or Schneiderlin

Gundogan. Easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Gundogs

• Advertisement

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/572838/Liverpool-Memphis-Depay

BS from the Express about Depay,the papers had already said he held meetings with United,Liverpool and PSG.Can't see how he suddenly becomes favourite to sign for Liverpool.

Lads, lets get this right. We dont want another Falcoa-Falcao situation.

Its Gündogan.

Ilkay Gündogan to be exact. :D

Its Gündogan.

There's even a youtube video explaining how to say his name.

I think my gun dog is happy we've signed Mr Gun Dogs...

Wonder what that signing would do to the midfield 3

Would be a waste to play him in Carrick's position, Herrera's position is probably best for him but then what happens to Herrera unless he plays behind Rooney like Oscar at Chelsea.

Gundogan Carrick
    Mata Herrera Di Maria
    ...........Rooney...........

zerks wrote: »
    There's even a youtube video explaining how to say his name.

I had to go off and find the link myself like some kind of savage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its Gündogan.

GundogON

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Fantastic player but that injury worries me.

It's one of the riskiest signings we've ever went for though I guess it's no bigger a risk than Ruud. You would imagine that this has all been checked out or any medical would reveal Damage.

How has he been playing for Dortmund since his return?

I had to go off and find the link myself like some kind of savage

All I heard was something like Ellie Gundwa

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Fantastic player but that injury worries me.

It's one of the riskiest signings we've ever went for though I guess it's no bigger a risk than Ruud. You would imagine that this has all been checked out or any medical would reveal Damage.

How has he been playing for Dortmund since his return?

Recently he seems to have found his form again. Not his 2013 form yet but improving every week.

• Advertisement

ESPN is still holding back on the transfer and saying a "done deal" is premature yet - here's hoping it will be wrapped up soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not sure what point that tweet is trying to make really - its a plane and an airport. Manchester is handy enough!

Just to add to the tension this from dedicated PSV watcher Rik Elfrink
    Rik Elfrink @RikElfrink
    ·
    21m 21 minutes ago

Wat een transferberichten rond #PSV'er Memphis Depay. Was hij wel echt voor Manchester United in Engeland? Morgen meer.......

Translates as Was he really in England for Manchester United? More tomorrow (in Eindhovens Dagblad http://www.ed.nl/sport/voetbal/psv)

ESPN is still holding back on the transfer and saying a "done deal" is premature yet - here's hoping it will be wrapped up soon!

I'd sooner trust The Sun than ESPN when it comes to transfer stuff.

Not sure what point that tweet is trying to make really - its a plane and an airport. Manchester is handy enough!

Just to add to the tension this from dedicated PSV watcher Rik Elfrink

Translates as Was he really in England for Manchester United? More tomorrow (in Eindhovens Dagblad http://www.ed.nl/sport/voetbal/psv)

You lot need a CF more than a winger if the stories about Sturridge are true.

Liverpool will be desperate to get him and will tell him he'll play every game

I doubt United, Bayern or PSG could offer similar terms, these 3 are too big to give those kinds of assurances to a 20 year old

I'd sooner trust The Sun than ESPN when it comes to transfer stuff.
    Yes maybe so ... Sky Sports UK would look very bad if it doesn't push through now and they usually are careful with this kind of stuff.

BBC still without a doubt most reliable- almost as reliable as the club itself.

Liverpool will be desperate to get him and will tell him he'll play every game

I doubt United, Bayern or PSG could offer similar terms, these 3 are too big to give those kinds of assurances to a 20 year old
    Would be VERY surprised if he went to another club in the PL if LVG wants him.. Whatever about Bayern or PSG I can't see Pool happening unless they bid a ridiculous offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Depay is a man in demand, I think if LVG goes all out to sign him then United have to be favourites unless he likes moneybags PSG. Gundogan is/was truly brilliant however it's a risk signing him and I'd be very wary of going for Hummels aswell if he signs. Both have serious question marks regarding injury records. That said the money being quoted is too tempting to not take a chance.

Godin signed along with one a rb would make us very strong at the back next year IMO. I think Godin and Smalling could be great together. Similarities to Vidic/Ferdinand in how I think they would compliment each other.

Feels like there is a lot planned at United again this summer. #inEdwetrust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Don't know what to Make of gundogan, yes great player when fit but so was Owen Hargreaves, may just see what way it works out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

You lot need a CF more than a winger if the stories about Sturridge are true.

Maybe Liverpool will really push for him as they will most likely need a replacement for Sterling and see Depay as that player.I think the LVG factor will see him join United if he comes to England.
    Liverpool without doubt need a CF as well,Sturridge cant be relied on as the main man.Be interesting to see how much money Pool squander this season:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Its Gündogan.

It's neither actually.. His name is turkish and born in gilsikirchen... It's pronounced Goondwan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

niallo27 wrote: »
    All the top teams do it though. Liverpool tried not to overpay few years back and ended up losing out on a lot of their targets. Smaller clubs will always hold out for the money.

Liverpool didn't have near the pulling power that United do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Pro. F wrote: »
    Liverpool didn't have near the pulling power that United do.

I agree but it doesnt stop them from getting ****ed over in the transfer market.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

niallo27 wrote: »
    I agree but it doesnt stop them from getting ****ed over in the transfer market.

I know. That's what annoys me. Although, at this stage I'm half thinking that it's a deliberate ploy by the owners so as to appear stronger for the sake of impressing the credit markets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Telegraph have been reporting some absolute nonsense over the last while. Put up an article the other day about young English players and how United had none.

Luke Shaw, James Wilson, Phil Jones must have all died or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Luke Shaw, James Wilson, Phil Jones must have all died or something.

Wouldn't surprise me with the luck we've had with injuries this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

3 solid transfer rumours already, It's gonna be a long summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Keno wrote: »
    What a shit article.

OI TELEGRAPH

Mark Ogden, Surprised?

He was reliable source when Moyes was in charge but once he was sacked, Ogden articles are pathetic and he is worse than Mirror sources. Also his columns are just pathetic.

He published article saying why Di Maria is treated harshly and just used assists stat saying he has 2nd most assists.

When going was tough he used Moyes as a stick to beat Van Gaal and now he publishes articles saying how Van Gaal won over where Moyes failed.

He is a nothing journo, in fact Telegraph has gone ****. Only journo worth listening/reading is Daniel Taylor from Guardian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

duffman13 wrote: »
    Gundogan is/was truly brilliant however it's a risk signing him and I'd be very wary of going for Hummels aswell if he signs. Both have serious question marks regarding injury records.

Hummels injury record? Can you explain? Im seeing he has made over 30 over 40 club appearences the last 4/5 years and thats not including international games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement