Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Depays agent....

Looking at other tweets, it really doesn't look like it. Also doesn't look like the guy I've seen him walking bout with during the week....

(please someone tell me I'm wrong and it is...)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Not to be a pedant but how can the Gundog thing be a 'done deal' when the window is shut and he's got over a year left on his contract?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Delboy5 wrote: »

Right. Looks like the guy works for the agency that represents Depay, rather than being his actual agent himself? From what I can see online, Kees Ploegsma is his actual agent, a big, bald guy.
    Not to be a pedant but how can the Gundog thing be a 'done deal' when the window is shut and he's got over a year left on his contract?

Pre-contracts and agreements are very common outside of transfer windows, whereby clubs agree to do the switch when the window opens, and the player signs contracts which start from the opening day of the transfer window.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Right. Looks like the guy works for the agency that represents Depay, rather than being his actual agent himself? From what I can see online, Kees Ploegsma is his actual agent, a big, bald guy.

Pre-contracts and agreements are very common outside of transfer windows, whereby clubs agree to do the switch when the window opens, and the player signs contracts which start from the opening day of the transfer window.

As I hoped, we are getting our major deals done early this year - it makes a ton of sense as it will take time to learn LVG's style and he will not want a repeat of this years opening five games. Looks very like Clyne, Hummels, Gundogan and Depay. That would improve the squad immensely.

If De Gea doesn't sign, I'd also think bids for someone like Lloris is very likely.

I still reckon we will bring in a massive world star to kick off the Adidas sponsorship with style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Gundogan is the perfect replacement for Anderson. Great signing

gundogan-fat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

MD1990 wrote: »
    Gundogan is the perfect replacement for Anderson. Great signing

Haven't you a Bolasie to be squabbling over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

The jealously has already begun! The hate is strong in this one!

Lord TSC wrote: »

Hmmm.

I'd be suspicious.

Pre contract makes sense if Dortmund were cashing in. For the amounts being mentioned though, why sanction a cheap sale before the window even opens? Like if Gubfogan is available then Arsenal and City at least from England would also be interested.

That would never be how a club like Dortmund sells.

I'm sure there's something there, no smoke without fire and all that, but remember Lucas Moura?

Sorry to be a party pooper. But hey, best to take it with a pinch of salt anyway - you can only end up less dissappointed or more jubilant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

gosplan wrote: »
    Hmmm.

I'd be suspicious.

Pre contract makes sense if Dortmund were cashing in. For the amounts being mentioned though, why sanction a cheap sale before the window even opens? Like if Gubfogan is available then Arsenal and City at least from England would also be interested.

I'm sure there's something there, no smoke without fire and all that, but remember Lucas Moura?

They sold Gotze well before the window opened in 2013. This isn't that rare an occurrence tbh, not sure what you're issue is with it.

For what it's worth, 99% of the work for Herrera and Shaw was probably done by Moyes and Woodward before the window opened.

• Advertisement

Hmmm.

I'd be suspicious.

Pre contract makes sense if Dortmund were cashing in. For the amounts being mentioned though, why sanction a cheap sale before the window even opens?

I'm sure there's something there, no smoke without fire and all that, but remover Lucas Moura?

To get the money as soon as possible. If they want to shop him but Gundogan decides that he only wants to join Manchester United then Dortmund risk losing him for nothing next year. It's clear that with Klopp going there is going to be a major rebuild at Dortmund with a few players leaving. There is not a lot they can do.

For the couple of extra million more they could get by shopping him could be a hindrance to their own transfer activity if the deal fails to go through. Also I'd say his back issue has driven down his price somewhat but it's still a lot of money for a player with very little left on his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

£20.5 million is €28.6 million, I would not say cheap, it takes into account factors like his previous injury record and time left on his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

OrangeKit.jpg

Logo makes a bit of a balls of it, the orange looks ok I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Really surprised at people's seeming inability to understand what the transfer window is here and on reddit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

thelad95 wrote: »
    They sold Gotze well before the window opened in 2013. This isn't that rare an occurrence tbh, not sure what you're issue is with it.

For what it's worth, 99% of the work for Herrera and Shaw was probably done by Moyes and Woodward before the window opened.

That's the most expensive German footballer or all time, the most expensive teenager or full back of all time and 30 million Herrera (Kroos was 8m less).

It's over for Dortmund. They're losing Klopp and probably most of their good players. I'd expect them to cash in.

I've no problem. Grand if he signs - I'll just be skeptical till I see it.

Jesus, this is the UTD thread. Do I really have to tell people in here to be wary or reported deals?

Pinch of salt is all I'm saying. Don't worry though, if you're sure then be sure. Who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ozil is the most expensive german not Gotze.

Lukekul wrote: »

Logo makes a bit of a balls of it, the orange looks ok I think

Orange for our Dutch manager and players.. ;)

keane2097 wrote: »
    Really surprised at people's seeming inability to understand what the transfer window is here and on reddit

For those who like things kept simple,it's like Argos' reserve and collect service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

That's the most expensive German footballer or all time, the most expensive teenager or full back of all time and 30 million Herrera (Kroos was 8m less).

Punch if salt is all I'm saying.

It's over for Dortmund.
    They're losing Klopp and probably most of their good players. I'd expect them to cash in.

I've no problem. Grand if he signs - I'll just be skeptical till I see it.

Jesus, this is the UTD thread. Do I really have to tell people in here to be wary or reported deals?
    LOL at bolded part.

Are you serious? Even though Jurgen Klopp is a massive loss for Dortmund its far from over. I doubt you watch much Bundesliga with that comment but Thomas Tuchel is no stepover.

Tuchel is a refreshing manager.. And with the Mainz connection with Klopp, should have no worries whatsoever about creating another good team.

But FWIW, Reus wont leave anytime soon.. Neither will Schmelzer...plenty more wont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Hummels injury record? Can you explain? Im seeing he has made over 30 over 40 club appearences the last 4/5 years and thats not including international games.

If you look back at the last 2/3 seasons he has missed a good few games with ligament injuries. Maybe only a total of 6 months but over the last two and a half seasons it's a bit worrying.

I'm probably being a bit harsh on that front because I'm not a huge believer in Hummels at the moment, the few games I've watch Dortmund this season he has caused a couple of goals, he had a stinker two weeks ago, great ball playing centre back but dunno how he'd adapt to playing in England. He has been great in previous seasons I just don't know if he is the best option available.

zerks wrote: »
    For those who like things kept simple,it's like Argos' reserve and collect service.

A pre-order...

Nobody from the United side is reporting the Gundogan deal. If it's true then fair play to Woodward for not briefing the very guys that tried to hang him out to dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Miguel Delaney has said nothing is brewing for us in terms of Dortmund and while Gundagon is leaving BD, he will go elsewhere.

Given the fact he pretty much had our entire window nailed on last summer, he is as reliable as it comes for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

If it's true that these players might be signed up before window it's further evidence that the club is being well run and moving in the right direction, on and off the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

LOL at bolded part.

Are you serious? Even though Jurgen Klopp is a massive loss for Dortmund its far from over. I doubt you watch much Bundesliga with that comment but Thomas Tuchel is no stepover.

Tuchel is a refreshing manager.. And with the Mainz connection with Klopp, should have no worries whatsoever about creating another good team.

But FWIW, Reus wont leave anytime soon.. Neither will Schmelzer...plenty more wont.

Agreed

I lived in Dortmund for years. BVB have an amazing talent of finding players who have potential and turn them into amazing players.

Most of the players they sign are players not on anyone's radars.

If there is 1 thing im jealous about BVB09 is that they make a profit on the players they sell. Unlike us who will be at a loss in the future seasons.

Miguel Delaney has said nothing is brewing for us in terms of Dortmund and while Gundagon is leaving BD, he will go elsewhere.

Given the fact he pretty much had our entire window nailed on last summer, he is as reliable as it comes for United.

I know where these guys get their news from and they're nothing but utter chancers. Outside of Mitten and Taylor the club doesn't release much information anymore. The likes of Ladyman and Ducker have strong player contacts in the club. The rest are feeding off scraps and stealing transfer gossip from private forums. His writing style is so vague that it's hard to draw anything from his articles.

It's utter nonsense that any of these guys are really trying to pass themselves as insiders. After Rio and Rooney constantly feeding stuff to their friends in the press I don't believe that these guys get anything from the players anymore as that has seemed to stop under van Gaal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is this Delaney lad Irish therefore gets slack? I remember him harping on about us getting Vidal last season.

More Delaney

28th August
    Monaco's Radamel Falcao available on loan for €20 million

Monaco's Radamel Falcao could receive several offers before the transfer window closes on Monday, as several sources have told ESPN FC that a number of elite European clubs are willing to take him on loan this season.

The Ligue 1 club are keen to get Falcao's high wages off the payroll due to a restructuring of the first team, and have offered him to some of the continent's biggest outfits.

So far, all of Real Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus and Arsenal are contemplating signing the Colombian to solve their attacking issues.

5 days later he ends up at us. Confirmed spoofer imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

zerks wrote: »

Man that's good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I presume one of the big factors in Dortmund selling to United is Financial Fair Play going into the summer transfer window - they have a massive job in rebuilding the club and this extra €30m on the first day of the window would give them maximum time to do it within budget... herr Hummels along with Ilkay early on this summer would be brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

irishfeen wrote: »
    I presume one of the big factors in Dortmund selling to United is Financial Fair Play going into the summer transfer window - they have a massive job in rebuilding the club and this extra €30m on the first day of the window would give them maximum time to do it within budget... herr Hummels along with Ilkay early on this summer would be brilliant!

Transfers rarely get paid in 1 instalment. Irregardless, the money is still on the books no matter what day it does go through

LOL at bolded part.

Apologies, you are of course right.

What I should have said us that they're going to find it even harder to keep their star players, should they want out, and will also find it really hard to repeat the astonishing fears of the last few years.

Transfers rarely get paid in 1 instalment. Irregardless, the money is still on the books no matter what day it does go through
    Yes I understand that ... I presume they be able to write that €30m off against FFP this window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Apologies, you are of course right.

What I should have said us that they're going to find it even harder to keep their star players, should they want out, and will also find it really hard to repeat the astonishing fears of the last few years.

This still wont be an issue

They are having a **** season this year but Dortmund have always attracted the best footballers in Germany besides Bayern.

They will bounce back and being second best to Bayern gets you very far in the Champions League

Im not sure when they will win the league again but they will be top 3 next season.

Anyone else see the clip of Sir Alex at the snooker? :) ...

"People quite rightly say Messi, you can't dispute that but with Ronaldo - he could play with Millwall, QPR, anyone, Doncaster Rovers and score a hat-trick in the game... I'm not sure Messi could do it because Ronaldo has two feet, quick, great in the air, brave... Messi is brave of course... I think Messi is a "Barcelona Player"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"People quite rightly say Messi, you can't dispute that but with Ronaldo - he could play with Millwall, QPR, anyone, Doncaster Rovers and score a hat-trick in the game... I'm not sure Messi could do it because Ronaldo has two feet, quick, great in the air, brave... Messi is brave of course... I think Messi is a "Barcelona Player"

That kind of analysis belongs with Jeff and the boys on Soccer Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Fergie robbed that quote from me, that was always my argument :)

https://twitter.com/BL_LatestEN/status/591937114444570624

Gudongan out of Dortmund game with a sore throat,that's a new one......he's busy signing a pre-contract with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Can anyone tell me the logic of signing Gundogan? I haven't seen much of him but will he be a starter next season? Who is he supposed to be filling the boots of? Carrick?

Apparently he been in poor form this season (albeit with the rest of the Dortmund squad), and it's the same reason I'd be hesitant on getting Hummels. Hope I'm wrong. Think we could be aiming higher. Anyone seen much of him play? What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Andreas pereira following Depay on Instagram.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Can anyone tell me the logic of signing Gundogan? I haven't seen much of him but will he be a starter next season? Who is he supposed to be filling the boots of? Carrick?

Apparently he been in poor form this season (albeit with the rest of the Dortmund squad), and it's the same reason I'd be hesitant on getting Hummels. Hope I'm wrong. Think we could be aiming higher. Anyone seen much of him play? What do you think?

Who said he has been poor this season everything i have read has been he has been Dortmunds best player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

BL_Latest Transfers ‏@BL_LatestEN 19s19 seconds ago

Dortmund CEO Watzke denies any contact with Manchester United regarding the future of Ilkay #Gündogan. #BVB [Sky Bundesliga]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Andreas pereira following Depay on Instagram.....

Hope that's a double signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Who said he has been poor this season everything i have read has been he has been Dortmunds best player.

Yup he has been one of their more consistent performers this season when he has played.

I don't get what the thing is about saying Dortmund players wouldn't be great,signings because they are having an off season I think its pretty obvious alot of that club wanted out after Lewandowski went to Bayern so its hard to keep focused in a team that are loosing their best players every year id say that's why klopp is going too.

Gundoggan and hummels are top players and would improve most teams in the world they are allowed have an off season if they aren't happy with everything going on around them, but i don't think gundog has been so bad considering he came back from been out injured.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

More from the Dortmund CEO on gundogan

DW - Sports ‏@dw_sports 7m7 minutes ago

Watzke: "Media has to be careful. I'm not trying to be rude, but they can't jump on everything they hear as they did yesterday.

Watzke" If Ilkay tells us he doesn't want to extend, then we'll sit down and discuss it, but that hasn't happened yet.

A lot of people jumped the gun yesterday. I'm amazed SSN ran with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Jays us lads
    After the clip of the Csar naming his transfers and prices did Ed free up some more cash in addition up the 271m quoted in the clip or has Lvg got a whole other list of targets???
    What was the list again
    Clyne
    Hummels
    Bale
    Martinez
    Pogba

Maybe it's really
    Alves
    Varane
    Ronaldo
    Gundogan
    Kane
    Bale

More from the Dortmund CEO on gundogan

Watzke: "Media has to be careful. I'm not trying to be rude, but they can't jump on everything they hear as they did yesterday.

Watzke" If Ilkay tells us he doesn't want to extend, then we'll sit down and discuss it, but that hasn't happened yet.

A lot of people jumped the gun yesterday. I'm amazed SSN ran with it.
    Must have got assurances from their German colleagues because it took them about 40 minutes to show up on screen what Sky Sports Germany had (ARD had it too along with sports journalists in Germany) .. could be a case of Dortmund saving face - if not one of their biggest transfer cock-ups.... "sky" still fronting the story on their website in the UK and Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

bangkok wrote: »

And everyone else that isn't anti Ronnie or an ABU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote: »

Course he did sure you must've told him on one of your frequent trips into the inner sanctum of OT..

Joking aside everyone says that..

Doubt messi could do it on rainy night in Stoke..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Silly season is just cranking up.

Watch the prices being quoted now doubling by the time the window opens.

Hummels and a wrecking ball midfielder with a healthy injury history is the minimum expectation from Woodward this summer. This is his third attempt at the same summer shopping list, so no more excuses.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement