Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

United and Chelsea win tomorrow please - this happens and we're 2nd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

What are you basing this on may I ask?

Chump me bollox.

You weren't so vocal in defending him in '13 or even last summer until he spent more in a month that the cub had done in 10 years.

Puss, you can change your mind if the wind changes direction but I'll still call bullshít when I see it. Woodward is a successful marketing man but BULLSHÍT, if he can buy an excuse without paying over the odds for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Korat wrote: »
    You weren't so vocal in defending him in '13 or even last summer until he spent more in a month that the cub had done in 10 years.

Puss, you can change your mind if the wind changes direction but I'll still call bullshít when I see it. Woodward is a successful marketing man but BULLSHÍT, if he can buy an excuse without paying over the odds for it.

Fair play to you for spotting that, I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

How much he pays is not for you or me to worry. We are generating record breaking revenue to pay over the odds to sign the players manager wants.

We are not a midtable team to worry about few millions. 2nd highest revenues only behind Madrid for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I am honestly baffled there is still someone in the Woodward out camp.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Fair play to you for spotting that, I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm impressed.

There's a first time for everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Here I was thinking with his CV and achievements Woodward was probably a bit of a genius and guys spending their Saturday nights complaining about him on Internet message boards were chumps.

It turns out I was exactly wrong, mind blown.

United's transfer policy shouldn't be about buying low hanging fruit.

Woodward needs to prise a valuable asset before I believe he's doing no more than haggling with agents for transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

United's transfer policy shouldn't be about buying low hanging fruit.

Woodward needs to prise a valuable asset before I believe he's doing no more than haggling with agents for transfers.

Meanwhile, the rest of us don't care if he stands up to your criteria of doing a good job or not if he's bringing in the big names.
    Haggling with agents over transfer fees is part of his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

We are blessed to have someone like Woodward at the club. Every club would love a businessman like him. His transfer deals may not have been fantastic in his first Summer, but he really delivered last Summer. The money he has generated for the club through the various sponsorship deals is nothing short of incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Who exactly did he beat off for those signings?

Taking the nickname "Woody" to a whole new level.

Irish94 wrote: »
    We are blessed to have someone like Woodward at the club. Every club would love a businessman like him. His transfer deals may not have been fantastic in his first Summer, but he really delivered last Summer. The money he has generated for the club through the various sponsorship deals is nothing short of incredible.
    People seem to forget what his deals with like likes of noodles in Asia does... it brings in so much revenue that we basically do not have to worry about Financial Fair Play - one of only a handful across Europe... City, Chelsea, PSG would only love to be like us financially.

Irish94 wrote: »
    His transfer deals may not have been fantastic in his first Summer, but he really delivered last Summer.

Did he really?

Di Maria and Falcao were for sale and he bought them, when no one else could.

Brace yourself, because he has yet to pick a lock. When he does you may spontanaeously combust.

Hummels would be good enough for me, as a cherry popping exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sign both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ah Twitter would ye ever **** off

Meanwhile, the rest of us don't care if he stands up to your criteria of doing a good job or not if he's bringing in the big names.
    Haggling with agents over transfer fees is part of his job.

We won't fall out over this, but you had higher expectations of Woodward.

zerks wrote: »
    I'll take this with a big pinch of salt but if it is true we must be after Bale/Ronaldo and think we have a decent chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

We won't fall out over this, but you had higher expectations of Woodward.

I want to see quality players coming into the club, I don't care if they arrive on Woodward's doorstep in a UPS box. How difficult it is to sign the players is of no concern to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mmm.. Genuine or fake? Always the question early doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not worried if we are not getting Depay. Maybe we are after a player every bit as good?

Can't get all the good ones. Yes, it be super signing but plenty fish out their.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Who the hell is Mohamed Seif? I know this is a rumors thread as well but I would put more faith in my mates down at the pub than some nobody looking to make a name for himself by tweeting absolute garbage. No links provided by him unless I'm missing something.

United need the same players as when Fergie and Gill left.

Van Gaal wants a player.

The receptionist at the training centre could make phone calls to agents about the availability of their players. Woodward is the man to bring in the players agents aren't selling.

What has he bought in that category? - Nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RichFTW wrote: »
    Who the hell is Mohamed Seif? I know this is a rumors thread as well but I would put more faith in my mates down at the pub than some nobody looking to make a name for himself by tweeting absolute garbage. No links provided by him unless I'm missing something.

He quotes a Dutch journo.

Twitter can be a minefield but it's better than the old days of waiting until the Sunday papers came out (although a workmate of mine still does it,he doesn't get all this "internet stuff" even though he's younger than me)

Not worried if we are not getting Depay. Maybe we are after a player every bit as good?

Can't get all the good ones. Yes, it be super signing but plenty fish out their.

I don't want a fish, I want Depay :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Twitter can be a minefield but it's better than the old days of waiting until the Sunday papers came out (although a workmate of mine still does it,he doesn't get all this "internet stuff" even though he's younger than me)

Why is it better? neither are healthy. No rumours are healthy but now they're every fücking 0.5 nanosecond by every Tom, Dick and Angelica. Takes the fun out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Arsenal win

We are leaving this title winning business late not many game left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I can assure as a Liverpool fan we won't get him unfortunetly.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

That Dutch journalist he quotes wrote an article 4 days ago saying United made contact about Depay (http://talksport.com/football/man-united-boss-louis-van-gaal-could-persuade-dutch-ace-reject-liverpool-move-talksport). Can't find any recent article by him on the transfer although his twitter is private so I can't see what he said there. He also has 19 followers so I don't think I'm missing much.

There might be some gems on twitter worth following but this Mohamed Seif guy sounds like he is just talking through his hoop. Don't mind hearing rumors from some what credible sources but I think people still need to use a filter for some of these twitter lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

United need the same players as when Fergie and Gill left.

Van Gaal wants a player.

The receptionist at the training centre could make phone calls to agents about the availability of their players. Woodward is the man to bring in the players agents aren't selling.

What has he bought in that category? - Nothing

What in the name if gowls are you saying??

You are so clueless to what his job is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

MD1990 wrote: »
    I can assure as a Liverpool fan we won't get him unfortunetly.

I reckon if United came after him in summer (once get CL) think he choose United over Liverpool. That's not me trying sound arrogant or in anyway put Pool fans down, just think CL football as well as Dutch manager would be big plus for us. But I'm sure PSG and maybe a Spanish club might have something to say.

Time will tell I guess. Would not be overly surprised if he did go Liverpool at same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm not having a dig at Liverpool here but I cant see depay joining them either well not for the reason going around about been certain of regular football anyway, depay seems to me that one of his best assests is his ambition and seems determined and hard working if any professional player that had confidence in himself he would have to be confident of getting into the united team ahead of young or di Maria on current form, id be worried if we signed a player that wanted to join a club because he would be guaranteed first team football. If that's all he wanted he would stay where he is for another while at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I reckon if United came after him in summer (once get CL) think he choose United over Liverpool. That's not me trying sound arrogant or in anyway put Pool fans down, just think CL football as well as Dutch manager would be big plus for us. But I'm sure PSG and maybe a Spanish club might have something to say.

Time will tell I guess. Would not be overly surprised if he did go Liverpool at same time.

Liverpool journo's have said talks went well but if Utd want Depay he will go there. I would be very surprised if we signed him

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ed Woodward is doing a job no other chief executive in world football has done - record sponsor deals which are unmatched in world football.

I can't believe there still a small minority who still disses him.

Ed Woodward allows us to dream of what player United can sign. People no longer talk about the debt as a problem. United is always named as one of a elite few clubs who can sign world superstars for record fees and stay within FFP.

The only problem Ed Woodward has, it is rainy Manchester...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I'm not sure if I'd like depay but given age and squad depth required next season is be happy for him to come
    Would prefer Adnan to get more game time though

Depay scores for PSV!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Depay can also play in the striker role as well as winger. His goal scoring ability attests to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

brinty wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'd like depay but given age and squad depth required next season is be happy for him to come

he's a talent buddy. Proven on the world cup stage too so he can certainly play! Quality signing of it happens!

Would be stupid to pass up on Depay unless we are after Bale, and if Madrid want 60-70 million for Bale I'd take Depay for 20 million instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's gonna be twice the player Januzaj is.

• Advertisement

When you look at the stats Bale has averaged 12 goals and 9 assists a season from his last 3 out wide

Nani used to come close enough to those numbers when he was given a full season, Madrid were stupid to pay what they did for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Not saying I'd say no lads
    But I'm wary of these 20 year old wunderkinds from
    Holland as likely to Fail as succeed
    Elia was supposed to be a world star
    Affelay
    Drenthe
    These boys never fully delivered

Now I'm not saying Depay won't but we'll see

I'd say he's the same chance as Adnan

Time will tell ��
    In the Csar I trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The same chance as Adnan? Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Adnan will not make it at United.

He's done nothing a gowl wouldn't do if carefully instructed.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that'll he'll achieve beyond his current expectation, like yourself. :)

Not saying I'd say no lads
    But I'm wary of these 20 year old wunderkinds from
    Holland as likely to Fail as succeed
    Elia was supposed to be a world star
    Affelay
    Drenthe
    These boys never fully delivered

Now I'm not saying Depay won't but we'll see

I'd say he's the same chance as Adnan

Time will tell ��
    In the Csar I trust

Depay has more determination and ambition than all of they do put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Lukker- wrote:
    He's gonna be twice the player Januzaj is.

Hope so. I'm still to see anything to convince me Adnan will be top class

Depay for Januzaj, at a loss, seems a bad trade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

What in the name if gowls are you saying??

Although I agree with the theme of this post the highlighted word above needs to be banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm usually one to have a bright outlook on the future of young players at United, but Januzaj has just turned into one big frustration.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement