Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I haven't seen Depay since the WC. I thought he was a young Valencia type then, maybe he's developed but is he going to be better than Januzaj?

In Louis I trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

All the Gundogan rumours seem to be washed away all of sudden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Korat wrote: »
    I haven't seen Depay since the WC. I thought he was a young Valencia type then, maybe he's developed but is he going to be better than Januzaj?

In Louis I trust.

He's already miles ahead of him. His physical profile is more suited to the premier league too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

All the Gundogan rumours seem to be washed away all of sudden.
    Is a strange one really - Dortmund quoted all over the press in Germany today saying United had not even contacted them but sky in Germany (and UK) continued to carry the story - sky obviously got the information from inside Dortmund yesterday and are still holding that source as reliable.

If it turns out to be wrong then someone's in for a massive bollocking in Germany and London - would be very embarrassing for the sky group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

irishfeen wrote: »
    Is a strange one really - Dortmund quoted all over the press in Germany today saying United had not even contacted them but sky in Germany (and UK) continued to carry the story - sky obviously got the information from inside Dortmund yesterday and are still holding that source as reliable.

If it turns out to be wrong then someone's in for a massive bollocking in Germany and London - would be very embarrassing for the sky group.

Sky aren't reliable. Sky Sources don't exist. They get their 'information' the same places as the rest of the rags.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's already miles ahead of him. His physical profile is more suited to the premier league too.

Ja, that sounds like agent speak.

Na, won't bet the house on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Lukker- wrote: »
    Sky aren't reliable. Sky Sources don't exist. They get their 'information' the same places as the rest of the rags.
    No that's not true at all, not in the same league as the BBC Sport in terms of reliability but they are generally very good and far from the red tops... Now I agree they do use this "interested" crap on their transfer screens during the window but I cannot remember the last time/if ever they led with a breaking news "close to signing" referencing "sky sources" and it turned out to be absolute BS..

Now they could very well have put their trust in their German colleagues, if they are wrong as I said someone is in for an absolute bollocking in Germany and London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

He's done nothing a gowl wouldn't do if carefully instructed.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that'll he'll achieve beyond his current expectation, like yourself. :)

And I suppose thats why City, Chelsea, Barca, Madrid etc are also pulling off record breaking sponsorship deals.

I read a lot of rubbish here last year directed at Woodward. One of my favourites (for being so stupid) was someone claiming he couldnt possibly know anything about Man Utd and football in general because he was an accountant. But the rubbish you've been posting tonight is right up there. I mean receptionists handling transfers. Jesus wept. And I suppose you probably think you could do a better job than Woodward as well. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

duffman13 wrote: »
    Although I agree with the theme of this post the highlighted word above needs to be banned.

It's a word. In my username. Get over yourself.

Go ahead and be offended by words.

In Louis I trust.

Anyone ever tell you that you're cray cray??

In Louis I trust? And then blindly critising Woodward??
    Mental.

• Advertisement

And I suppose thats why City, Chelsea, Barca, Madrid etc are also pulling off record breaking sponsorship deals.

I read a lot of rubbish here last year directed at Woodward. One of my favourites (for being so stupid) was someone claiming he couldnt possibly know anything about Man Utd and football in general because he was an accountant. But the rubbish you've been posting tonight is right up there. I mean receptionists handling transfers. Jesus wept. And I suppose you probably think you could do a better job than Woodward as well. :rolleyes:

Hi Brendan, I think you make some good points. No one is perfect. If Ed Woodward was acquiring plant for CRH I'd understand his purchasing strategy.

I think we require a smoother hand on the cheque book when trying to buy expensive equipment, that's not on the sale brochure.

We can't just reverse a tipper truck through the wall to get it either.:)

What in the name of baby Fellaini are you on about???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Someone's been knocking back the drink tonight.

As a wise lady once said "It's better to look like you know what you're doing than do what you look like you're knowing." There's a wink in there, but the emoticon would ruin the profound phraseology.

Even wiser to avoid questions.

You have haven't answered anyone's questions tonight with a decent answer.

Poor show. 3/10
    Timing. -4/10

Even wiser to avoid questions.

You have haven't answered anyone's questions tonight with a decent answer.

Poor show. 3/10
    Timing. -4/10

Ok Kerryman, you know the rules about questions.

If I answer correctly, I can pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Engage embarrassment mode.

Replied to person I shouldn't have.

Said person giving it socks.

Reboot should have known better chip.

/ahhhhhhhh,much better

Ok Kerryman, you know the rules about questions.

If I answer correctly, I can pass.

Yes. I am the thread police. You are spoofing out your hole.

I'm also not from Kerry, I'm from limerick.

Really?

Sorry about that.

I'm not trying to rile you. We will disagree, due to air and water quality, but we're on the same side.

When the HSE get the EPA to force the IFA to stop messing with your chemical intake, we'll be on the same page.

;)

Really?

Sorry about that.

I'm not trying to rile you. We will disagree, due to air and water quality, but we're on the same side.

When the HSE get the EPA to force the IFA to stop messing with your chemical intake, we'll be on the same page.

;)

Yawn.

Gluck bbz

Yawn.

Gluck bbz

That is a lot like how you go over with people on an afternoon. :)

Just kidding, keep gowling. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

He's a spoofer, John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'm drunk.
    Me best mate just fell in a stream, also drunk.
    We played double-Jenga, an invention that surely someone has come across before me.
    Captain Morgan and a certain Mr. Daniels are our friends.

Yet we still talked less ****e than i've just read after I got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I'm drunk.
    Me best mate just fell in a stream, also drunk.
    We played double-Jenga, an invention that surely someone has come across before me.
    Captain Morgan and a certain Mr. Daniels are our friends.

Yet we still talked less ****e than i've just read after I got home.

Mod warning: Lads no talk of streams. Next person to mention streams is getting carded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think we should give Mata 11 and Gundogan 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

And Valdes 1 if reports from Spain are to be believed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Its all up to DDG now, he has been offered "alot of money " to stay.
    I think if he hasnt signed a new contract by now then its not looking good at all.
    It was s very smart move by LVG to bring in Valdes and get him settled into the club before the sale of DDG.
    Id be surprised if he stayed to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd prefer Lindegaard starting ahead of Valdes.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The thought of Valdes as Utds no 1 is depressing. I really hope that doesn't happen if De Gea leaves, which is looking very likely at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I would prefer to see Valdes in preseason before making a judgement mysef.

• Advertisement

That makes sense alright play a untested backup second rate keeper instead of someone that's won European cups and league titles and played in one of the best teams from modern era????
    Yup your on the right track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

They are both quite average so its much of a muchness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The money we're spending on Valdes is a complete waste. If de Gea went we would need a replacement.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

The money we're spending on Valdes is a complete waste. If de Gea went we would need a replacement.

Hugo Loris from Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

billyhead wrote: »
    Hugo Loris from Spurs

Imagine how much Levy will force United to pay for him though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

killwill wrote: »
    Imagine how much Levy will force United to pay for him though!!!

Exactly what we get for De Gea I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

dahat wrote: »
    Exactly what we get for De Gea I'd imagine.

They will ask for Bale back?!? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It would be brilliant to hang on to De Gea but if it's not possible so be it. I don't think he will be as important to the team going forward as he was for the first half of the season. Don't get me wrong, I won't be happy with just anybody, Valdes is nothing special, he'll do a job and no more.
    Fraser Forster might be worth a punt and would surely be easier to negotiate a deal for over Lloris.

It would be brilliant to hang on to De Gea but if it's not possible so be it. I don't think he will be as important to the team going forward as he was for the first half of the season. Don't get me wrong, I won't be happy with just anybody, Valdes is nothing special, he'll do a job and no more.
    Fraser Forster might be worth a punt and would surely be easier to negotiate a deal for over Lloris.

Forster is good but if i was goig for a keeper down the league id go for begovic.

I'm not stressing out about De Gea. I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign if and when we get champions league football. Also wouldn't be shocked to see him go.

I don't know what level Valdes is at; yeah, he has experience, but he's also not played competitive games at a top level in how long now? Would be more than happy to see us going after Lloris. At the same time, I also feel we're giving away less and less chances now, and that with improvements to our attack and defense, we could possibly take the risk on another goalkepper who might be seen as potential rather than definite world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

jayo26 wrote: »
    Forster is good but if i was goig for a keeper down the league id go for begovic.

I think Begovic has been extremely average the past 2 season, seems to drop clangers quite regularly as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Surprised no one is suggesting Cech. Top keeper. Shouldnt cost too much. Only 32 which is young for a GK!

But saying all that De Gea might still stay with us. What I cant understand though is why he hasnt signed a new contact. In the modern era they mean very little. If Madrid want him and he does decide he wants to go them it will happen IMO. But at least if he has signed an extension with Utd he will help the club that he became a world class player with to get a very significant transfer fee off Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Two things I can't figure out is the complete write off of Valdes and a 20 year old Januzaj.

Baffles me.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Two things I can't figure out is the complete write off of Valdes and a 20 year old Januzaj.

Baffles me.

I wouldn't write off Valdes; just, as I said before, no one (outside the management and coaching staff, obviously, and even then, there's limits) can no what level he's capable of preforming after such a massive time off from a top level.

We brought in Falcao who, let's face it, hasn't recovered to a fraction of the level he was before his injury. Valdes could be the same. Potentially, he could also still be a grand replacement, but it's a big risk to take. We can't overly rely on players who were good 2 or 3 years ago though, so you have to be able to understand where the trepidation comes from.

As for Januzaj, I think that it's just an elastic band effect; he was so, so overhyped last year that it's now snapped back too far the other direction, where he's suddenly being utterly written off in an extreme manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United being linked with Howedes.

Keep this going and we will eventually be linked with the whole German national team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

RobertKK wrote: »
    United being linked with Howedes.

Keep this going and we will eventually be linked with the whole German national team.

Bet we'll be linked with Zieler tomoro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Does anyone know if any of United's remaining matches are televised? If so, which are on SS? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Does anyone know if any of United's remaining matches are televised? If so, which are on SS? Thanks.

I think all are on Sky except for the final game, which will depend on what's at stake

paulbok wrote: »
    I think all are on Sky except for the final game, which will depend on what's at stake

Yeap. All but the final one so far.

Wondering if it's safe to cancel my Setanta subscription soon then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Vs Everton 1.30
    Vs WBA 5.30 2 May
    Vs Palace. 5.30 9 May
    Vs Arsenal 4.00 17 May

With the fixtures Hull have left it looks like they'll be still in the relegation fight. Fair chance Hull v utd will be on TV too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement