Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The silver lining is it confirms the need to be aggressive in the transfer market, after this season a few players may get the MK Dons treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

People are going to get a bit carried away after that match but we shouldnt let one performance, as terrible as it was, get in the way of how good we have been over the last 2 months. We were very unlucky not to get something from the Chelsea game last week.

The worrying thing is Carricks absence. The amount of games we have won with him in front of the back 4 is not a coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

skinny90 wrote: »
    such a load of ****...what ever about rooney and falcao under preforming. If were playing a possession game how can he expect to get a clear opportunity up front..down 2-0 and we never really changed our tactics, even after bringing falcao and di maria on there is a clear lack of motivation for creating chances on the final third. Im not blaming the players. Its the system that LVG is playing, you can see it in Herrera especially, hes always looking for space to have a crack or for someone to play a one two off the pocket and then instinctively passes it out wide...for a cross. Its almost as if they want to be creative and all of a sudden we switch on the same system of floating the ball outside the box. I cant see any top striker wanting to play up front if hes not gonna see much of the ball

100% agree. Yes some of the players did under-perform but the reason we lost today was all today we the system we set up and LVG stubborness not to change it and go for another system. The players weren't up for it and we gave away really really poor goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Who did I give a free pass to? Stop talking bollox. I said Valencia wasn't the biggest problem at half time, I didn't say he played well or anything. So to reiterate, stop talking bollox.

And what I said about RvP has nothing to do with today, maybe read a post before opening your mouth to unload your verbal diarrhoea.
    Valencia isn't the problem here at all.

You said he wasnt the problem so you thought we only had one problem was it?
    Hardly bollox mate but you keep blaming rooney over a 3-0 loss I'll blame someone at fault for the goals.

I really thought the bad language added to your point you should keep that up.

Still think Falcao wouldnt make it in league 2.

Fancy a wager on weather he ends up in a top league next season or the goals he will score I'll do it not knowing where he will end up. You should have no trouble as he wouldt mahe it in league 2 mate ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

West Brom will do the same next weekend, I hope we will be more prepared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

After Today's Result -

West Brom (H)
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Hull (A)

8/12 Points will now secure Champions League Football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,331 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Quandary wrote: »
    People are going to get a bit carried away after that match but we shouldnt let one performance, as terrible as it was, get in the way of how good we have been over the last 2 months. We were very unlucky not to get something from the Chelsea game last week.

The worrying thing is that Utd have been poor away from home all season bar a couple of performances.
    5 away wins in 17 matches is dreadful ,Moyes actually managed 10 away wins last season .
    Compare that to 14 home wins ,which is outstanding ,there is a huge disparity between the home and away performances primarily the lack of tempo away from home.

It was far too easy for Everton today .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You said he wasnt the problem so you thought we only had one problem was it?
    Hardly bollox mate but you keep blaming rooney over a 3-0 loss I'll blame someone at fault for the goals.

I really thought the bad language added to your point you should keep that up.

Still think Falcao wouldnt make it in league 2.

Fancy a wager on weather he ends up in a top league next season or the goals he will score I'll do it not knowing where he will end up. You should have no trouble as he wouldt mahe it in league 2 mate ;)

Do you actually read posts? Seriously?
    I said in the form Falcao is in he wouldn't get into a League 2 side, even without the allowance for a bit of hyperbole, it's not that hard to figure out what I meant.

Next time you should read a post, then maybe read it again or ask a friend to make sure you've got it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

What did you guys make of De Gea today? He seemed very hesitant to come off the line to get a ball. There were a few times where the defender pointed to him to come and take the ball, but he didn't, which put the defender under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

I didn't see the first half but that was as poor as it's been for a while. Too easy to defend against, no attacking threat and, like other teams, Everton happy to let us have the ball.

Really highlights what we need this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

sigmundv wrote: »
    What did you guys make of De Tea today? He seemed very hesitant to come off the line to get a ball. There were a few times where the defender pointed to him to come and take the ball, but he didn't, which put the defender under pressure.

Lot of "head is in Madrid" stuff on redcaf about his performance today. Must admit he was pretty awful for Mirallas goal.

CDhocJfWMAIEa5J.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What did you guys make of De Tea today?

I'd a lovely cup at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

The worrying thing is that Utd have been poor away from home all season bar a couple of performances.
    5 away wins in 16 matches is dreadful ,Moyes actually managed 10 away wins last season .

It was far too easy for Everton today .

I'm still confident we have enough to get over the line. after today's embarrasment, those players will want to redeem themselves fast so I would fully expect us to take all 3 points next week.

The crystal palace game away is now a big worry for us, especially considering their resurgence under Pardew. If we can manage to take 6 points from the next 2 games then we're home and dry IMO.

This club has an annoying history of doing things the hard way :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

What disappoints me most today was the way we conceded the goals. No great play from Everton, just sloppy defending from our boys.

This is not a match thread so I'll let the match be for now. Although we have lost two games on the spin now I'm very excited for next season. With a few good signings - top class defender, ditto midfielder and striker - we'll be back challenging for the title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What disappoints me most today was the way we conceded the goals. No great play from Everton, just sloppy defending from our boys.

This is not a match thread so I'll let the match be for now. Although we have lost two games on the spin now I'm very excited for next season. With a few good signings - top class defender, ditto midfielder and striker - we'll be back challenging for the title!

+1

Two wins and a draw for CL

Need Carrick, Rojo\Jones and Rvp back fit asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,331 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Quandary wrote: »
    I'm still confident we have enough to get over the line. after today's embarrasment, those players will want to redeem themselves fast so I would fully expect us to take all 3 points next week.

The crystal palace game away is now a big worry for us, especially considering their resurgence under Pardew. If we can manage to take 6 points from the next 2 games then we're home and dry IMO.

This club has an annoying history of doing things the hard way :(

Yes,West Brom must be beaten and Utd's good home form should ensure that.

Liverpool still have to go to Chelsea so 8 points may not even be required.
    Liverpool will be doing well to get a point there so 6 points should be enough .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

utdreport.com ‏@UtdReport

Confirmed: Wayne Rooney has a knee injury and will await further assessment to determine the extent. #mulive

Well this day is going great ain't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Do you actually read posts? Seriously?
    I said in the form Falcao is in he wouldn't get into a League 2 side, even without the allowance for a bit of hyperbole, it's not that hard to figure out what I meant.

Next time you should read a post, then maybe read it again or ask a friend to make sure you've got it right.

You originally talked about THE problem implying 1 problem, then your on giving out about the strikers so one can only presume the 1 problem you referred to is the strikers.

Maybe take more care mate over your messages and ask a mate to look over them for you before you post.

I take it your saying no to the bets?

Do you still think Valencia wasnt a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Will you cant criticise Falcao here he was great once only praise. You can criticise Valencia and Januzaj but dont dare criticise the mighty Radamel. Thats one of the rules of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

utdreport.com ‏@UtdReport

Confirmed: Wayne Rooney has a knee injury and will await further assessment to determine the extent. #mulive

Well this day is going great ain't it.
    Excellent twittering there. I wonder where they get their information? Possibly from the fact Rooney went off injured to an ice pack on his knee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Would a draw be the best result here, that would mean Chelsea would win the title if they beat Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The worst thing today was the speed of play was so slow just no pace in it

Hococop wrote: »
    Would a draw be the best result here, that would mean Chelsea would win the title if they beat Liverpool?

Think they need 2 wins to win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hococop wrote: »

Yeah I'd take a draw or even an Arsenal win now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chelsea have Leicester mid-week and Palace next weekend. They're probably going to have the title wrapped up by the time they play Liverpool.

Could have the reserves out against Liverpool.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

J. Marston wrote: »
    Chelsea have Leicester mid-week and Palace next weekend. They're probably going to have the title wrapped up by the time they play Liverpool.

Damn thought they were playing Liverpool after the Leicester game damn, still mourinho might play a strong team help out his pal lvg....... I hope :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

We seen last season when Chelsea reserves get put out against Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Very very disappointing result. We're woeful without Carrick.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Glad I missed the game by the sounds of things. Valencia seems to be getting a fair amount of stick online. Must say that in the last while he looked decent but I think it's clear he needs to be a sub at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Good thing Mourinho hates Liverpool and he gets a great buzz in trolling them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

DeGea has been out of sorts, probably his poorest game in some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

It looks like Barkley and McCarthy just wanted it more in midfield.
    United midfield didn't win many 50/50 balls.

Even for the first goal McNair could have cleated, Valencia lost his header etc.

Not a good day at the office , doubt LVG will be impressed

Edit: basically exactly as LVG said after, Everton wanted it more and played with more aggression

Its a blessing that we are at Old Trafford next week v West Brom... 3 points are now absolutely vital after today's shíte..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

United vs West Brom: Home win
    Palace vs United: Draw
    United vs Arsenal: Away win
    Hull vs United: Away win

Hull vs Liverpool: Away win
    Liverpool vs QPR: Home win
    Chelsea vs Liverpool: Draw
    Palace vs Liverpool: Away win
    Stoke vs Liverpool: Away win

They're my quite pessimistic predictions for the rest of the season.

7 from 12 for us and 13 from 15 for Liverpool which would see get fourth by one point on the final day of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not more to offer to that embarrassing display. Sometimes you can go too OTT after defeat like today and forget the last 6-7 decent games we played. Important to win next week now.

I will say one thing though. Mcnair performance today was the worst display by United defender since Prunier in January 1996. Feel sorry for kid but my God he was terrible. We have quite few contenders down years but he was brutal today, brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

United vs West Brom: Home win
    Palace vs United: Draw
    United vs Arsenal: Away win
    Hull vs United: Away win

Hull vs Liverpool: Away win
    Liverpool vs QPR: Home win
    Chelsea vs Liverpool: Draw
    Palace vs Liverpool: Away win
    Stoke vs Liverpool: Away win

They're my quite pessimistic predictions for the rest of the season.

7 from 12 for us and 13 from 15 for Liverpool which would see get fourth by one point on the final day of the season.

You havnt been watching Liverpool lately! They are in worse shape than us. U cant suddenyl find form from nowhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I will say one thing though. Mcnair performance today was the worst display by United defender since Prunier in January 1996. Feel sorry for kid but my God he was terrible. We have quite few contenders down years but he was brutal today, brutal.

McNair v Southampton maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

just goes to show how good carrick actually is that the team looks extremely frail and short of ideas when he is not on the field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I must've been watching a different game or something. He wasn't that bad.

McNair v Southampton maybe?

In fairness we could have 30-50 different lists here but think today personally was worst I have seen, sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not more to offer to that embarrassing display. Sometimes you can go too OTT after defeat like today and forget the last 6-7 decent games we played. Important to win next week now.

I thought Valencia was worse.Poor positioning,tracking runners and when he got the ball he looked like a dog chasing it's tail.
    He got the ball in space once and I said before he touched it, "watch as he smashes it into the defender".Sure enough,he dithered and hit it straight at the full back.

I must've been watching a different game or something. He wasn't that bad.

We lost 3-0.. Lot were poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

We lost 3-0.. Lot were poor.

Of course, just don't think his performance was as bad as there's been or that much worse than any of the rest today.

The one thing that was missing in the last 2 games were runners coming from deep ahead of the strikers.The ball went up front then back and wide for a cross.This was happening early in the season and I thought we were done with that but now it's back and very innefective as teams can sit back and then catch us on the break.

We still haven't figured out how to beat teams that sit off us, been happening all season. Only beat City, Liverpool and Spurs because they came at us.

FWH5u7B.png

Goes to show how we were squeezed into areas where we had no space and shots were easy to block due to sheer weight of numbers.We need to be more clever in our attacking play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hard to believe Rooney is 30 in 6 months, we should be looking for the next star

Hard to believe Rooney is 30 in 6 months, we should be looking for the next star

Saw on BEIN that the Copa America is 46 days away,that'll be our South American contingent off for that.They could do with a break and a full pre-season with us instead.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement