Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shane St. wrote: »
    You havnt been watching Liverpool lately! They are in worse shape than us. U cant suddenyl find form from nowhere

The motivation is there for them now. If we had won or even drawn today, I'm sure their spirits would've been broken but they can now narrow the gap to 4 points which isn't insurmountable.

If Rodgers can't get them fired up for the remaining games, he seriously should get the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Win today and Top 4 was all but over, but we have given Liverpool a stupid lifeline.

We be still hot favourites and all that but in no way is it a certaintity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Not more to offer to that embarrassing display. Sometimes you can go too OTT after defeat like today and forget the last 6-7 decent games we played. Important to win next week now.

I will say one thing though. Mcnair performance today was the worst display by United defender since Prunier in January 1996. Feel sorry for kid but my God he was terrible. We have quite few contenders down years but he was brutal today, brutal.
    Agree there Kew, I thought McNair was extremely poor today, Blind too I thought wasn't on form either.

Valencia was beyond annoying though, really bad. Only shining light for me really was Luke Shaw - one of the very few who could walk of the field with his head held high.

Smart move to from LVG to take off Fellani, I think he would have been gone within 10min of the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looking at WBA yesterday,I reckon it'll be a case of 11 behind the ball for them.We'll need to be a lot more inventive and pacy with our attacks to get in behind them next weekend.

Chico scored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

J. Marston wrote: »
    United vs West Brom: Home win
    Palace vs United: Draw
    United vs Arsenal: Away win
    Hull vs United: Away win

Hull vs Liverpool: Away win
    Liverpool vs QPR: Home win
    Chelsea vs Liverpool: Draw
    Palace vs Liverpool: Away win
    Stoke vs Liverpool: Away win

They're my quite pessimistic predictions for the rest of the season.

7 from 12 for us and 13 from 15 for Liverpool which would see get fourth by one point on the final day of the season.

Seriously as unexpected as today's result was for us on the LFC thread it wasn't upbeat at all really because.....there is no chance of getting anything from Chelsea unless they choose to throw the game and the idea Liverpool will win the other four is highly fanciful so I think while you may make very heavy weather of it you'll finish 4th with a some points to spare.

(and no this was not a reverse jinx post)

well maybe! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

zerks wrote: »
    Saw on BEIN that the Copa America is 46 days away,that'll be our South American contingent off for that.They could do with a break and a full pre-season with us instead.

Hopefully Di Maria will play himself into form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

They're my quite pessimistic predictions for the rest of the season.

7 from 12 for us and 13 from 15 for Liverpool which would see get fourth by one point on the final day of the season.

It's what dreams are made of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Anywhere i could see how many or what % of Di Marias shots have been blocked yhis season i feel it could be quite high but Id like to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two quality goals for Chich tonight.

Does he have a future here? Would be great if he came back and started scoring for fun again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anywhere i could see how many or what % of Di Marias shots have been blocked yhis season i feel it could be quite high but Id like to see

Today has to be the most blocked shots I've ever seen. Although he didn't help that we were just blasting shots from anywhere like it was ****ing Tuesday night astro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

2 goals for Hernandez so far for real tonight. Lovely control and finish for the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hernandez benefiting from a quick flowing attack

I think Falcao would score tonnes in that Madrid team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

You mustn't have watched Liverpool much lately...I'd be astounded if we won 4 of the last 5.

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/592424379855872000

Few pints and a few punches would be thrown i'd say :)

• Advertisement

Hope Liverpool players don't spike our drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's Miguel Delaney.. Pinch of salt required :pac:

Found it, 60 shots 17 on, 21 off, 22 blocked. % seem fairly normal for a winger although shots per min are on the higher side

One of the very few if not only player to post after today's game -

https://twitter.com/youngy18/status/592369306979213314

Onwards and Upwards - today was a very bad day and I hope LVG ripped the fcuking head off them in the dressing room but 3 points v West Brom at OT and we're back on the road to Champions League qualification...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hazard with POTY, Kane with YPOTY. None for Big Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

German press once more going with Gundongan to United.

Gundostaying?
    Gundogoing?
    Gundogone!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Gundostaying?
    Gundogoing?
    Gundogone!!!!!

Gundon'tdoitagain.

Sky Germany?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

irishfeen wrote: »
    Sky Germany?

Apparently it's the paper who ran the story originally.

Saying that Dortmund have offered him a new contract and told him if he won't sign it, there's a price they want, and now his agents are in Manchester saying "This is the price, let's talk contracts".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Sky Germany?

I read that as Sky Gundogan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A striker has moved up the peaking order in my list. Only beaten by needing a CB

We desperately need a striker that has pace to burn and has an eye for goal. Not a great selection out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Sky Germany?

Rarely watch that but I use to love it when it was Premiere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Headshot wrote: »
    A striker has moved up the peaking order in my list. Only beaten by needing a CB

We desperately need a striker that has pace to burn and has an eye for goal. Not a great selection out there.

Alexandre Lacazette is our main striking target I've been told.
    indeed today was final straw for me with falcao though in fairness to him, Rooney was brutal up there. The problem isn't our strikers, the problem is our set up isolates them and when teams sit back and park the bus, which happens about 15 times a season, we cant break them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Van Gaal must be the best paid only sit and watch managers in any league.

His excuse in the papers this weekend "that a poor start" cost us the title is so feeble. Will he now soon be saying that a dip of form at the end of the season cost us a top four finish?

Why is not Giggs on his feet from time to time directing operations?

I said last year and I will say it again now, Moyes should have got another year!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »

His excuse in the papers this weekend "that a poor start" cost us the title is so feeble. Will he now soon be saying that a dip of form at the end of the season cost us a top four finish?

I said last year and I will say it again now, Moyes should have got another year!

Yeah, at least Moyes stood on the sideline and shouted, that's what really wins games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

The loss of Carrick in the last two games has definitely had an effect on our performanc. Hope van gaal gave them a good telling off yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Not this again. Don't know how many times it needs to be explained.

At least his excuses are truthful??

Yeah, at least Moyes stood on the sideline and shouted, that's what really wins games.

Whoever gives the best dagger eyes wins an extra 4 points at the end of the season. True fact

Whoever gives the best dagger eyes wins an extra 4 points at the end of the season. True fact

It's why Allardyce won't go into his sitting room anymore, that much shiny silverware it's like a house of mirrors, sure he'd get lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

One point i would make is that when Carrick went off injured few weeks ago v City, the team didnt know they had only 10 men on pitch and conceeded. Very poor communication on managements part. A result of not getting up of their arse to direct instuctions i assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Not this again. Don't know how many times it needs to be explained.

At least his excuses are truthful??

His explanations and excuses are pathetic, if he cannot do it himself he should at least get someone up off their bum to urge the team on.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

jamesbere wrote: »
    The loss of Carrick in the last two games has definitely had an effect on our performanc. Hope van gaal gave them a good telling off yesterday

It seems like most of ye're bad results have come when he is out of the team this season which really underlines how important he is to the way ye play for me. Is that too simplistic though? Given that he is 34 this summer surely replacing him as the consistent presence in the team is one of the biggest challenges facing Utd in the next year? Herrera doesn't seem like the same sort of player to me so I assume a similar type player will be a target this summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

His explanations and excuses are pathetic, if he cannot do it himself he should at least get someone up off their bum to urge the team on.

If only teams could have a someone actually on the pitch whose responsibility would be urge the team on.

I think Rooney would make a great on the pitch team urger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

5starpool wrote: »
    It seems like most of ye're bad results have come when he is out of the team this season which really underlines how important he is to the way ye play for me. Is that too simplistic though? Given that he is 34 this summer surely replacing him as the consistent presence in the team is one of the biggest challenges facing Utd in the next year? Herrera doesn't seem like the same sort of player to me so I assume a similar type player will be a target this summer?

It's his experience in midfield that is the loss, he also gives orders on the pitch, which is what van gaal likes about him. Blind and herrera have good futures at the club but are still inexperienced when it comes down to it.

Ah quality midfielder is what United have been looking for since Scholes left. I think that will be sorted this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ah yes, I think you've discovered the problem. The team are sometimes not aware that there is urgency involved.

If a player is standing on the pitch going "Well, sure we're two nil down, but LVG is still sitting so I presume the result is grand", then they really shouldn't be playing in the premier league, let alone at Man United....

Pathetic?? How so? I thought try were fairly honest?
    He's right, the slow start and losing the 3/4 games we should have won hindered us, if we had 12 extra points where would we be? Bear in mind it was a new manager an the first few games we were still playing cleverly and Welbeck
    It would be pathetic if he blamed the World Cup or the fixture schedule.

Where has anyone said he can't do it himself? If you want to think someone shouting at you on the sideline will suddenly stop the other team playing you are wrong. Whatever about the players playing harder, they still have to deal with the other team defending with 10 men in their box. 10 other professionals, who know exactly what their doing.
    I do think the players were slightly complacent at the start but conceding an early goal to a team who want to sit back it gonna be a tricky task.

I just think you have an axe to grind.

• Advertisement

We're linked with Robert Patrick of Fulham this morning. He's being chased by pretty much all the top teams in England apparently. £10m being quoted. Thats about it for new news this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We're linked with Robert Patrick of Fulham this morning. He's being chased by pretty much all the top teams in England apparently. £10m being quoted. Thats about it for new news this morning.

What position does he play in?

KH25 wrote: »
    What position does he play in?

Right wing, though transfermarket also has him as a secondary striker.

He's also 18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Lord TSC wrote: »

Partick Roberts*

I only know because I had him for a few years in football manager!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Roberts is hugely talented and very skilfull. If I'd liken him to a player it would probably be Messi but obviously not in that class!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement