Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

A shout out to Steve Bruce the legend! - difficult season at Hull and stll took 4 points off the Pool :) .. really hope they stay up.

CDtNZQLWoAAx6Mq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

My oh my how the tables have turned this season. that just made our job a hell of a lot easier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It'll be interesting to see if De Gea moves on the contract situation shortly - Top 4 is basically tacked on now so the rationale for not extending begin to decline week by week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Top 4 may be all but there but it will be a while before we know if it's Champions League :) or Europa :( which is the closer for DDG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

We should really push on now and go for 2nd and stop saying we only need 5 pts from 12

• Sand wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see if De Gea moves on the contract situation shortly - Top 4 is basically tacked on now so the rationale for not extending begin to decline week by week.

I honestly believe the whole Madrid stuff is bull****e. I think his contract will be sorted soon as CL is confirmed.

Can't see him leaving his best buds mata and Herrera either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Concentration should now turn to Top 3 and automatic qualification now.

• bangkok wrote: »
    We should really push on now and go for 2nd and stop saying we only need 5 pts from 12

For that to happen.. Beat Arsenal?

Penalties in Dortmund/Bayern BT1

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    For that to happen.. Beat Arsenal?

Don't see why not we are at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Gundogs was great in the half hour of the game I caught, just slotted away his peno too

Gundogan with a beauty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

2 slips by Bayern haha jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Seems to be John Terry appreciation night in Munich....

3-1 Dortmund ... jesus ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

regardless of whether hull go down or not, steve bruce must be kept in the premier league one way or another, the man was born to take points off liverpool!

Don't see why not we are at home

No I honestly mean I don't know, need to look up table and arsenals remaining fixtures.

It was a genuine question dude

All we need to do is beat Arsenal?

Dortmund knock Bayern out in the Cup - treble over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

ah hummels cant take pens, useless :D

Neuer saving Hummels peno..

• Advertisement

No I honestly mean I don't know, need to look up table and arsenals remaining fixtures.

It was a genuine question dude

All we need to do is beat Arsenal?

Actually just seen arsenal have a game in hand so even if we win all our games we might not finish 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

unreal stuff, those Germans and Pens eh??

shinji looks delighted.

Actually just seen arsenal have a game in hand so even if we win all our games we might not finish 2nd

Just checked there, interesting that Arsenal have hull away next also

Maybe Brucie can do the double for us :)

Hopefully Hummels & Gundogan's parting gift to Dortmund! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I honestly believe the whole Madrid stuff is bull****e. I think his contract will be sorted soon as CL is confirmed.

Can't see him leaving his best buds mata and Herrera either :)

I hope he stays but I have my doubts. The CL qualification is understandable for an ambitious player, but once that's secured the excuses fall away. Real is a huge club, and their lure cant be underestimated for Spanish and Portuguese players, as we've already learnt to our cost.

He's going to want to see his gf a little more often than he sees Mata and Herrera. I wouldn't have any hard feelings either, so long as he doesn't waste the clubs time by stringing them along for most of the summer before leaving in August, giving little or no time to sign a proper replacement. So long as everything is cleared up one way or the other by the end of May everyone parts friends imo.

• Sand wrote: »
    I hope he stays but I have my doubts. The CL qualification is understandable for an ambitious player, but once that's secured the excuses fall away. Real is a huge club, and their lure cant be underestimated for Spanish and Portuguese players, as we've already learnt to our cost.

He's going to want to see his gf a little more often than he sees Mata and Herrera. I wouldn't have any hard feelings either, so long as he doesn't waste the clubs time by stringing them along for most of the summer before leaving in August, giving little or no time to sign a proper replacement. So long as everything is cleared up one way or the other by the end of May everyone parts friends imo.

It kind of doesn't bother me all that much if he does leave either. I think Valdez is getting undeserved criticism and is a great option to have. Then there's the possible availability of both Cech or Kasper schmeical to name a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

If Dave does leave then we should go for Cech, Jose has already proven he is willing to sell us players he deems surplus to requirements plus he would cost at least half of what Lloris would.

No brainer really.

Still though, I dont think Dave will leave.

If we can get 3rd and a couple of world class additions in the summer then Id hope that will be enough for him to stick with us, certainly for the next couple of seasons at least.

Ian Herbert from The Independent says De Gea is going stay at United.

No idea who he is so don't shoot me ssenger. Back page of the paper tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Has to be true!!! If doom and gloom reports are believed then this can be believed as well!!

De Gea stays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Antonio Valencia and Daley Blind were subject to harsh criticism from Louis van Gaal after the loss vs Everton. [mirror]

Hope it's true, especially to antonio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Coincidentally the day after we effectively secure top 4.

Still not buying it, still think it was a just a fabricated story to click bait pessimistic Utd fans and ABU's and laugh at the 'demise' because we are a mid table team.

Time is a funny ol thing.

Ot6ZYEy.jpg

Pogba's agent Mino Raiola has held talks with Manchester United over a summer transfer. Pogba wants £165k a week. [France Football]

We should defo be able to give him that much!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Shadowcomplex closed his account? what the hell are we gonna do for fantasy 11's in the lead up to the transfer window!

astradave wrote: »
    Shadowcomplex closed his account? what the hell are we gonna do for fantasy 11's in the lead up to the transfer window!

Ugh, they were so childish.

Yeah, says me. Irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

He what??? That guy was one of the best posters on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ugh, they were so childish.

Yeah, says me. Irony.

I half expected you to throw up a fantasy 11 and take over the job :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

image_zps5f69fb51.jpg

Lads never mind the ff11
    What about our ladies five aside.. After tonight's result think we need a bit of a celebration....

• Advertisement

Reports suggest Rooney out for the season.....****

Add in this potential transfer bans to the 2 Madrid clubs and twitter is going mental tonight

Well in my timeline anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In fairness, it's not that he has been setting the world alight in recent games. May as well see how RVP doing right now.

Saw he scored in the u21 game tonight. Final score?

• Add in this potential transfer bans to the 2 Madrid clubs and twitter is going mental tonight

Well in my timeline anyway.

Looks like Falcao is going to get one final throw of the dice

RVP scored for U21's also to note

In my opinion, if rooney is out we should really let wilson play atleast two full 90 minutes out of the next 4 to see where he really is and if he should go on loan next season. Plus he brings some pace and creativity which was exactly what we lacked vs everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

This night keeps getting better.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In fairness, it's not that he has been setting the world alight in recent games. May as well see how RVP doing right now.

4-1 rvp 2 joe Rothwell 2

• Lord TSC wrote: »

4-1 he scored two actually

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Lord TSC wrote: »

It finished 4-1. RVP scored twice.

#mufc are the least interested in Memphis Depay at the moment, out of Liverpool and PSG. [ed]

Ah f**k off will you. Journalists really do my head in. One day he is nearly signed and sealed and apparently in England doing meetings with utd reps and the next day he was never interested and was only doing a bit of shopping and sight seeing

• In my opinion, if rooney is out we should really let wilson play atleast two full 90 minutes out of the next 4 to see where he really is and if he should go on loan next season. Plus he brings some pace and creativity which was exactly what we lacked vs everton

Not the time for inexperience... We are limited but RVP is our best bet if Falcao doesn't score on Saturday IMO

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement