Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

In my opinion, if rooney is out we should really let wilson play atleast two full 90 minutes out of the next 4 to see where he really is and if he should go on loan next season. Plus he brings some pace and creativity which was exactly what we lacked vs everton

I think RVP will start and should continue until the end of the season providing he's fit. Now's not the time to throw a youngster in, still need to win some games and try to finish 3rd if its possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

On Wilson
    If he's good enough he should play
    Fudge the inexperience
    How's he ever gonna progress if he doesn't get a chance
    Bye bye Falcao,it's been good it good luck elsewhere
    Rvp this is your chance to save your united Career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I get some serious schadenfreude out of Liverpool. I'm a terrible person.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Just saw Liverpool result now. Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

#mufc are the least interested in Memphis Depay at the moment, out of Liverpool and PSG. [ed]

Ah f**k off will you. Journalists really do my head in. One day he is nearly signed and sealed and apparently in England doing meetings with utd reps and the next day he was never interested and was only doing a bit of shopping and sight seeing

It's this kinda stuff I'm convinced the real fans are just goldfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Off Topic

Why do people close thier accounts I dont get it why not just not log in, how do u even do it?

On Topic

Be nice to see a few players get a run out for the last few games i.e di maria and falcao, januzi etc I know they havent done much this season but some game time under less pressure might do them good

Maybe even Paddy mc Nair at RB for a few games although he is a lot slower than you'd wabt your fbs

Maximum points my hole buck. Beer me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Off Topic

Why do people close thier accounts I dont get it why not just not log in, how do u even do it?

To come back as somebody else with a clean slate...

Off Topic

On Topic

Be nice to see a few players get a run out for the last few games i.e di maria and falcao, januzi etc I know they havent done much this season but some game time under less pressure might do them good

Maybe even Paddy mc Nair at RB for a few games although he is a lot slower than you'd wabt your fbs

Someone figured out who you are.
    Want a name change.
    You won't get around bans because shared ip addresses.

If someone in work came up to me and said I know who you are on boards I would close my account.
    I had someone stalk my account in real life before when they figured out who I was.

Depends. If living in the same house and internet you won't.
    Although I have a load of shared ip addresses because I'm a bit of a boards slut.

• Advertisement

Someone figured out who you are.
    Want a name change.
    You won't get around bans because shared ip addresses.

If someone in work came up to me and said I know who you are on boards I would close my account.
    I had someone stalk my account in real life before when they figured out who I was.

Awful gowls altogether eh Rex ;)
    I'll miss Shadow he was a great poster all the same

The head on skrtel. Should have been an Orc.

Why did shadow close his account anyone
    Am I right in saying tsc and shadow were not the same person

Brendan Rodgers football genius.

Sky remote record I think I love you.

Go to bed squadro

brinty wrote: »
    Awful gowls altogether eh Rex ;)
    I'll miss Shadow he was a great poster all the same

I'm was a celebrity in limerick, I'm nothing up in the big schmoke.

Why did shadow close his account anyone
    Am I right in saying tsc and shadow were not the same person

TSC, soccer mod, account open.

shadowcomplex, fantasy XI guy, account closed.

Pretty sure we can't speculate on why he might have closed his account in here, but his recent posts will allow you to draw your own conclusions.

Pretty sure we can't speculate on why he might have closed his account in here, but his recent posts will allow you to draw your own conclusions.

Cheers Maximus
    You're also in my category of super posters
    As for Shadow sad to see him go but at least we've TSC, that guys a legend

• Advertisement

Go to bed squadro

Good call. I thought it was leroy resenior coming on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Shadow may have bit the bullet and finally emigrated after talking about it for 3 years. Although I'd say it's more down to the few beers and the craic he was having in the Liverpool match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Never forget him

duffman13 wrote: »
    Shadow may have bit the bullet and finally emigrated after talking about it for 3 years. Although I'd say it's more down to the few beers and the craic he was having in the Liverpool match thread.

Not sure we're able to speculate about former posters though open to correction on that..

How good a result is it for us today though? I know I was a little worried about the next few weeks after Sundays result but now I'm looking up instead of down which is fucking great :D. I reckon if we pick ourselves up decently and get Carrick back into the team we could get 2nd.

duffman13 wrote: »

Saw that
    Mighty craic he was having too
    Serious WUM but sure the United Blaa's would be outnumbered by liverpool fans who're well able to give it out but couldn't take it back.. Very fickle bunch they were
    Maybe he'll reopen it.. Can he do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Madrid to appeal the ban if it happens then go crazy on players this summer, January 2017 is a long way away

Slap a £60 million price tag on De Gea

• Advertisement

Beat Arsenal at home second is achievable
    Lose or draw were unlikely to finish 2/3
    We need to finish seasons stronger lads, last five years we've lost too many on the run in
    Cost us the title in 11/12
    Might cost us second spot this year

Trilla wrote: »
    Never forget him

Oh what the hell, one last time:

What does everyone think of this team?

De Gea
    Clyne----Hummels--Varane---Terry Phelan
    Herrera----Jesus himself---Depay----
    ----Ronaldo
    Cavani/Rooney
    Bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What's this I'm hearing about a transfer embargo on the Madrid teams..? I've a feeling they will probably be able to make transfers this summer like Barca but it gives us an incredible bargaining position with DDG.

Where's carrick Messi pogba gun dogs zlatan pele maradoba cryuff
    Beckenbauer Neuer et all

Cmon put some effort into it man

Where's carrick Messi pogba gun dogs zlatan pele maradoba cryuff
    Beckenbauer Neuer et all

Cmon put some effort into it man

I just couldn't... It's just not in my bones man

• Advertisement

Oh what the hell, one last time:

What does everyone think of this team?

De Gea
    Clyne----Hummels--Varane---Terry Phelan
    Herrera----Jesus himself---Depay----
    ----Ronaldo
    Cavani/Rooney
    Bale

Who's this Jesus lad
    Can he do it on a wet and windy Tuesday night in Stoke

Who's this Jesus lad

He can go missing for days at a time I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Who's this Jesus lad
    He can go missing for days at a time I've heard.

Ive heard he can walk on water so the wetter the better, good in the air too but doesnt do so well under a cross :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

That Jesus fella would be taken more seriously as a player if he got rid of the beard and got a haircut...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

He's a nailed on starter if i was picking the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Remi Moses never led us to the promised land, so I'm not holding my breath on this guy either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

He's not the messiah he's a very...... No wait, that's Brian, not Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

thelad95 wrote: »
    What's this I'm hearing about a transfer embargo on the Madrid teams..? I've a feeling they will probably be able to make transfers this summer like Barca but it gives us an incredible bargaining position with DDG.

FIFA is planning to impose a transfer ban for transfer irregularities with minors, as with Barcelona. The Spanish federation has been informed and FIFA have precedent with Barcelona.

Real knew that the punishment was coming, which is why they signed Asensio, Danilo, Lucas Silva, and Odegaard.
    http://www.marca.com/2015/04/29/futbol/1adivision/1430260241.html

t7AOEaQ.jpg?1

'Farewell' to shadowcomplex, it appears that he didn't leave before paying a visit to the Hull/Liverpool match-thread. My favourite line-up of his was the below one in response to another poster ripping his line-ups...

....................:pac:.....................
    :pac:.........:pac:.............:pac:..........:pac:
    .....................:pac:.....................
    .............:pac:...........:pac:..............
    ..:pac:..................................:pac:..
    .....................:pac:.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hococop wrote: »
    He say much?

His favourite United team to play with was the 1999 team rather than the 2008 team.
    Said the 1999 team had goals coming from more players and they were always likely to score 3 to 4 goals a game.

Scholes qualified to play for Ireland it turns out, he was over here in Ireland to raise money for autism given his son has it and is non verbal.

Naturally Scholes is a huge admirer of Keane, he said how last week both Keane and himself were there for the the match on work duty at the Nou Camp last week, and how they were not allowed put a foot on the pitch. It was said to Scholes that he and Keane were also in suits in 1999,
    Scholes said if you do the crime you pay the penalty.

It was said to him how England played him in the wrong position, he said Fergie would play him in a similar position sometimes and that he scored goals from out wide.

He was questioned on how good he was in all areas of the game apart from tackling, Scholes said he was good at tackling, it was just the mistimed tackles that made him look bad :pac:

He misses the game, always liked Scholes, a nice person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

IF Fifa are putting a ban on RM and AM, surely they'll moan and get this summer's ban reversed and buy up the entire supply of footballers and just sit with a grand squad like Barca did.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MagicIRL wrote: »
    IF Fifa are putting a ban on RM and AM, surely they'll moan and get this summer's ban reversed and buy up the entire supply of footballers and just sit with a grand squad like Barca did.

Yeap, they are going to have this window, probably.

Be interesting. Can't see them letting Bale go now, but they might decide to pull the trigger on Ronaldo given it could be two years before they can try and find the next Next Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

RobertKK wrote: »
    His favourite United team to play with was the 1999 team rather than the 2008 team.
    Said the 1999 team had goals coming from more players and they were always likely to score 3 to 4 goals a game.

Scholes qualified to play for Ireland it turns out, he was over here in Ireland to raise money for autism given his son has it and is non verbal.

Naturally Scholes is a huge admirer of Keane, he said how last week both Keane and himself were there for the the match on work duty at the Nou Camp last week, and how they were not allowed put a foot on the pitch. It was said to Scholes that he and Keane were also in suits in 1999,
    Scholes said if you do the crime you pay the penalty.

It was said to him how England played him in the wrong position, he said Fergie would play him in a similar position sometimes and that he scored goals from out wide.

He was questioned on how good he was in all areas of the game apart from tackling, Scholes said he was good at tackling, it was just the mistimed tackles that made him look bad :pac:

He misses the game, always liked Scholes, a nice person.

Yeah i met him yesterday as part of it. A complete gent !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We could do worse than these 2:

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/goodbye-near-for-midfielder-man-united-in-talks-to-buy-him-since-

https://twitter.com/BL_LatestEN/status/593184181624000512

The stories about Liverpool being head of the queue for Depay are a bit odd considering he turned down Spurs last season as they weren't in the CL.Liverpool won't be there next season so if CL is his want then that'd rule them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

looking like de gea will sign a new contract and stay with us for another season, gentlemans agreement in place he will move to Madrid in 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,394 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bangkok wrote: »
    looking like de gea will sign a new contract and stay with us for another season, gentlemans agreement in place he will move to Madrid in 2 years
    I hope the new contract actually puts some years on the deal - unlike the Dortmund/Lewandowki contract.

No point upping his wages to allow him to leave on a free next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

bangkok wrote: »

Here we go. Papertalk buzzword time.

giphy.gif

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Here we go. Papertalk buzzword time.

I want to believe this, but so far it's the usual suspects reporting it: Telegraph, Mirror, Independent... That means statistically there's about a 25% chance it's correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I hope the new contract actually puts some years on the deal - unlike the Dortmund/Lewandowki contract.

No point upping his wages to allow him to leave on a free next summer.

did that happen they gave him a new contract with no increase in years?!

no chance united will let that happen, id say he will sign a new 5 year 200k a week deal and he will join Madrid after the 2016 euro championship

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement