Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    With Shaw, Rojo, Evans, Carrick out, hopefully we line up with Young as LB and Rooney as striker.

Hoping for
    De Gea

Valencia Jones Smalling Young

Blind

Mata Herrera Fellaini DiMaria

Rooney

Expecting:
    De Gea

Valencia Jones Smalling Blind

Rooney

Mata Herrera Fellaini Young

RVP

It's sad but so true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Probably get
    DDG
    Valencia----McNair----Smalling
    Blind
    Rooney
    Mata
    Herrera
    Fellaini
    Young
    RVP

I'd hope we'd be going out to put a beating on WBA,
    I'd be playing Young and Dimaria down the left, Valecia and Janujaz down the right
    with Mata and herrera in the middle behind rooney
    Get confidence going ahead of the Arsenal game... bang in 4/5 in this game would be very well received.. its been a while since we've done that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

If shaw is out young and di Maria will start. Di Maria will start anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Was Carrick mentioned at all in the presser? haven't seen it yet.

Edit - Carrick not fit to play, Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Was Carrick mentioned at all in the presser? haven't seen it yet.

Edit - Carrick not fit to play, Balls.

Is he due back next game or we only told he's out for WBA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

With Jones back and injuries to both Shaw and Rojo and the only other player capable of filling in there (Blind) covering Carrick's position, I wouldn't be surprised to see 352/532 make a return. Pretty much the exact same conditions that forced him to play it so often earlier in the season.

Trilla wrote: »

Not sure, hopefully he's back in training now or soon anyway. He's a big miss.

Linky to press conference

• FutureGuy wrote: »
    Carrick out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Be nice to have Carrick back, but if we are worried about him not being available for Home game against West Brom then we are in more trouble then we think.

• Be nice to have Carrick back, but if we are worried about him not being available for Home game against West Brom then we are in more trouble then we think.

Thing is we kind of are...look at the results before and after his return. Speaks for itself no matter who we are playing

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Thing is we kind of are...look at the results before and after his return. Speaks for itself no matter who we are playing

I know what you mean and stats are there to prove that (good old stats) but I be still expecting Blind or whoever to do enough against them.

I know what you mean and stats are there to prove that (good old stats) but I be still expecting Blind or whoever to do enough against them.

Exactly, we aren't a one man team.

• I know what you mean and stats are there to prove that (good old stats) but I be still expecting Blind or whoever to do enough against them.

I hope so, he was poor against Everton. His distribution was too slow , and he was caught out on the break leaving back four exposed. Valencia didnt have a great game either.

I hope so, he was poor against Everton. His distribution was too slow , and he was caught out on the break leaving back four exposed. Valencia didnt have a great game either.

Ya can't argue with that

Just hope last weeks result was kick in backside we needed to push on for rest of season and get automatic qualification for CL if we can

• Advertisement

• Exactly, we aren't a one man team.

Its become clear how important he is in bringing everyone in front him into the game, and that's a concern when he's not playing....that to me spells it out that we have key-man dependency issue in the squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

gonna be the di maria show this weekend... I can feel it

While we be still looking over our shoulder to make sure we get Top 4 in first place, the fight looks more concerned about who will get the Automatic CL places at this stage. 1 of Man United, City and Arsenal will lose out.

As it stands

Team. Played. Points. Gd
    City. 34. 67. 34
    Arsenal. 33. 67. 31
    United. 34. 65. 25

City games left and my predictions are
    Spurs (A) City 3 points
    QPR (H) City 3 points
    Swansea (A) City 3 points
    Southampton (H) City 3 points

Arsenal;
    Hull (A) Arsenal 1 point
    Swansea (H) Arsenal 3 points
    Man United (A) Arsenal 0 points
    Sunderland (H) Arsenal 3 points
    West From (,H) Arsenal 3 points

United;
    West Brom (H) United 3 points
    Palace (A) United 3 points
    Arsenal (H) United 3 points
    Hull (A) United 3 points (I'm being optimistic)

That would leave it looking

City 79pts
    Arsenal 77pts
    United 77 pts

with Arsenal easy enough run think they will nick it on GD from ourselves.I can't see City dropping any points from last 4 games. Arsenal run is pretty straightforward but I do think they won't get beat in any game bar United game. Its clear from table IMO that for us to stand any chance of automatic qualification we need 12\12 and even that might not be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jesus Kew I have never seen you so optimistic :)

You haven't watch man city recently if you think they won't drop points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

On paper getting 12 points from our last 4 games is doable, hopefully it'll be done, and City & Arsenal suffer a few slip ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Having City down for 12/12 is optimistic :) I can see them dropping points in the state they have been in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is the Palace game not at Selhurst?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is the Palace game not at Selhurst?

Yes it is

Yes it is

3 points will be tricky enough there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Did herrea not play in the deeper midfield role versus chelsea or is my brain askew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

with Arsenal easy enough run think they will nick it on GD from ourselves.I can't see City dropping any points from last 4 games. Arsenal run is pretty straightforward but I do think they won't get beat in any game bar United game. Its clear from table IMO that for us to stand any chance of automatic qualification we need 12\12 and even that might not be enough.

I think you are being very kind to whats been a poor city team since christmas some improvment last two games but not a team up for any sort of test of fight I'd be surprised if they werent tested in 2 of them last 4 games

*I should really finish reading the thread before replying :D*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Little worried about the game now as if WB have done their homework and sit back we are going to have problems, last thing we need is a draw or loss coming into the arsenal game

I knew I bloody make a mistake on the Home and Away fixtures ha.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic on City, but my reasoning is that
    1. Spurs traditionally are cat against a Big 4 side.
    2. They know how to finish off a season with important victories now, remember last season they had tricky games against Palace and Everton and won both.
    3. They have steadied the ship since we played them.

They were lucky last week to get late winner but at same time they fell asleep once they got 2nd. Think they will learn from that.

And if yer so bloody confident tell me which games they will drop points in ye feckers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Now hopefully he will get a chance to progress next year. Either loan or some more chances in cup games ect.

Now to get DDG sitting at that table, that would be a great start to our Summer business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Great news on Pereira. I thought something might be up with him cropping up on the bench recently. Hope himself, Wilson and Januzaj get some good loans in to really help them grow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

irishfeen wrote: »
    To be honest I don't know what to make of him, i'm yet to be convinced he would be good enough but i'm open for suggestions.
    I think we could do better for the money if we looked abroad...he's good, but I'm not sold on him being that good.. Clyne that is.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Was this mentioned earlier?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/01/louis-van-gaal-angel-di-maria-old-trafford-manchester-united.
    Louis van Gaal has thrown doubt over Ángel Di María’s future at Manchester United by admitting he is not certain the Argentinian wants to stay at the club and that he may consider selling him if the 27-year-old asks to leave.

Van Gaal hopes British football’s most expensive player will continue at Old Trafford but acknowledged Di María had not enjoyed a good campaign since signing from Real Madrid for £59.7m. Di María has lost his place in the starting XI and has also experienced a troubled time in his private life, his rented property suffering an attempted burglary while he and his family were inside. Since being sent off against Arsenal on 9 March Di María has not started a match as United have turned in some of their finest displays under Van Gaal. “The manager and the club is always dependable on the opinion of the player himself,” the Dutchman said of Di María’s future. “The player decides; we shall see what he decides.

Didn't realise this had been such a big deal to everyone to be honest. Be a pity to exit for the sake of a single bad incident.

Just for the craic, here are my own points predictions for our remaining games, and our rivals' too...

United:

WBA (H) - 3
    Palace (A) - 3
    Arsenal (H) - 1
    Hull (A) - 3

Total: 10 points. Final - 75

City:

Spurs (A) - 1
    QPR (H) - 3
    Swansea (A) - 3
    Southampton (H) - 1

Total: 8 points. Final - 75

Arsenal:

Hull (A) - 3
    Swansea (H) - 3
    United (A) - 1
    Sunderland (H) - 3
    West Brom (H) - 3

Total: 13 points. Final - 80

City would clinch 3rd from us on goal difference, Arsenal walking 2nd by my reckoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

United to be busy in the Summer according to LVG.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/van-gaal-manchester-united-transfer-9166761

He also said that next season "we'd have a different squad".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

zerks wrote: »
    United to be busy in the Summer according to LVG.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/van-gaal-manchester-united-transfer-9166761

He also said that next season "we'd have a different squad".
    It's amazing how quickly things have turned since Fergie left in terms of attitude to spending.

Back then we rediculed City and Chelsea for their sillyness with money, and the moyes backers wanted him before Jose as "Jose would want £100m plus each year to spend and that's not the United way"...

• Advertisement

• MagicIRL wrote: »
    Great news on Pereira. I thought something might be up with him cropping up on the bench recently. Hope himself, Wilson and Januzaj get some good loans in to really help them grow.

From looking at some of the U21 matches I think he deserves some first team action next season IMO

• It's amazing how quickly things have turned since Fergie left in terms of attitude to spending.

Back then we rediculed City and Chelsea for their sillyness with money, and the moyes backers wanted him before Jose as "Jose would want £100m plus each year to spend and that's not the United way"...

Football has changed though, this "Not the United Way" thing is irrelevelnt now, for better or worse it's all bout money if you want to win titles.

Football has changed though, this "Not the United Way" thing is irrelevelnt now, for better or worse it's all bout money if you want to win titles.

The United way cliche is romantised nonsense. I think most fans know that.

Match thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057423261

We need to get back on track against WBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

zerks wrote: »

Thanks..just got my little fella some nice stuff.. And a couple of holiday t-shirts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Was this mentioned earlier?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/01/louis-van-gaal-angel-di-maria-old-trafford-manchester-united.

Didn't realise this had been such a big deal to everyone to be honest. Be a pity to exit for the sake of a single bad incident.

What would he go for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

On the off chance that QPR actually beat Liverpool today, we could be out of Liverpool's range by this evening. Dream, of course. In spite of Pool's form, they should beat QPR.

City/Spurs tomorrow also looks win/win; if Spurs lose, a win today puts us out of their reach. If City lose, a win today puts us up into second. And a draw wouldn't help us going up the table, but every dropped point by Spurs helps us out.

Of course, this all relies on us actually winning, but given our home form this season, I'm 100% confident :)

Im looking more forward to the training gear then actual jerseys brought out for next season. Nike stuff was generally meh.

gosplan wrote: »
    What would he go for?

About 30ish I say

"Biggest Club in the World" and the "United way" get on my tits

In fairness, I don't remember anybody saying they wouldn't want Mourinho because he would want a load of money to spend.
    Or that not spending a load of money was the United way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement