Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I normally think it's better to keep loanees in England, just for the sake of keeping an eye on them, but LVG would have plenty of contacts in the Netherlands so I suppose that wouldn't be a problem.

PSV could be great for Adnan. He'd get plenty of games and plenty of possession to work with in games. Something that would worry me though are the stories of how PSV juiced Ronaldo up when he was with them. Hopefully they aren't at that crack anymore and wouldn't try to tempt a loanee into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Pro. F wrote: »
    just for the sake of keeping an eye on them

In what sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Pro. F wrote: »
    I normally think it's better to keep loanees in England, just for the sake of keeping an eye on them, but LVG would have plenty of contacts in the Netherlands so I suppose that wouldn't be a problem.

PSV could be great for Adnan. He'd get plenty of games and plenty of possession to work with in games. Something that would worry me though are the stories of how PSV juiced Ronaldo up when he was with them. Hopefully they aren't at that crack anymore and wouldn't try to tempt a loanee into it.

Not sure what you mean here, Are you trying to say that Manchester United would have problems keeping tabs on a loanee if he wasn't based in England?

Your second point makes PSV sound like some sort of crack den enticing youngsters into taking drugs, Relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

its 2015 pro, i can stream games from kathmandu.

Benteke with 2 so far against Everton, I wonder what money it would take to get him in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Clev with another goal! He's doing well recently, fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »
    #YNFA

You'll Never Fly Again?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Clev with another goal! He's doing well recently, fair play to him.

against Wigan Everton too

Growing to dislike them a little, happy to see Villa doing well

Only downside is though with Villa and Sunderland winning, Leicester winning this morning its looking tough for Hull. We play them on the last day. Hopefully we'll have top 3 sown up by then. 4th means we've to qualify for CL.

stankratz wrote: »
    Benteke with 2 so far against Everton, I wonder what money it would take to get him in.

around €30-35m I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

QPR :D Rooney in midfield:(

• Advertisement

match thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Benteke was unlucky being injured and missing the World Cup. I've always though he was a great player and one I'd like to see come to United as he does have the Premiership know how in him and after a lenghty layoff and playing with a team that's struggled most of the season, things have changed for Villa with him coming back into the side and returning to his old self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Would love to see Newcastle go down. Most deluded fans and worst owner in the league. Those fans would be begging for Pardew back now.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Would love to see Newcastle go down. Most deluded fans and worst owner in the league. Those fans would be begging for Pardew back now.

don't bring That_Guy in here :D

symbolic wrote: »
    In what sense?
    Not sure what you mean here, Are you trying to say that Manchester United would have problems keeping tabs on a loanee if he wasn't based in England?
    its 2015 pro, i can stream games from kathmandu.

By keeping an eye on a player I mean watching and listening to what is going on in their social and private lives; who they are mixing with; what they are doing for entertainment; what they are eating; how their training is going; how they are growing physically and mentally. The type of stuff that ends up with a manager going in and breaking up a house party in the middle of the night, or ringing a player up for a chat when they've broken up with a girlfriend. When players go on loan all of that naturally becomes harder to do and some or all of the information gathering that is required probably has to be delegated to trusted contacts. It's a lot of trust to be putting in those contacts.

A Dutch manager who has worked in the country a lot - and up until very recently too - would have those types of contacts in the Netherlands. That's why I say that it's not so much of an issue with LVG as the boss.
    Your second point makes PSV sound like some sort of crack den enticing youngsters into taking drugs, Relax.

You are naive if you think PEDs aren't a huge issue in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Poor bebe got smacked 8-0 by Barca I see.

Excited to see Van Persie back and to see how Hererra gets on in a deeper role again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lack of tempo again in that first half. Game crying out for Di Maria. Both WBA "full backs" susceptible to players running at them.

Too much football by numbers that first half. Decent but needs a sparkle.

RVP leading the line well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fellaini as striker against West Brom, at Old Trafford.

Holy moly....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I hate Pulis teams. They don't even attempt to play the game.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fellaini as striker against West Brom, at Old Trafford.

Holy moly....

Ahh the classic j. Marston hyperbolic post match statement is in early.

This is just not going to be our day.

Ahh the classic j. Marston hyperbolic post match statement is in early.

I merely stated my displeasure at seeing Fellaini up front.

Here's some actual hyperbole especially for you; We're gonna be playing in the Europa League next season.

Edit: A little more, because I like you. We're a one man team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

When a penalty is saved why is it always referred to as a "missed penalty"? Why not call it a saved penalty? IMO it doesnt give the GK the credit he deserves for stopping the shot and can reflect harshly on a player who may have taken a perfectly good shot but just failed to beat the keeper. To me a missed penalty is one that failed to hit the target.

Just one of those little things that annoy me when I see it!

The lack of incisiveness needs to be sorted. Far too much of the game is being slowed down by our own players. Valencia and Young are 2 of them. Young constantly turns back to go on his right and Valencia comes to a standstill too often. It allows teams like this to set up against us.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I merely stated my displeasure at seeing Fellaini up front.

Here's some actual hyperbole especially for you; We're gonna be playing in the Europa League next season.

Edit: A little more, because I like you. We're a one man team.

Yay, someone likes me. Yay. I like like you to.

Nah, we we will be playing in the champions leauge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

When a penalty is saved why is it always referred to as a "missed penalty"? Why not call it a saved penalty? IMO it doesnt give the GK the credit he deserves for stopping the shot and can reflect harshly on a player who may have taken a perfectly good shot but just failed to beat the keeper. To me a missed penalty is one that failed to hit the target.

Because a properly taken penalty is simply not savable. Put it in the right spot and no keeper is getting to it, so if you don't score a penalty it is because you did not put it in the optimum place and gave the keeper a chance he shouldn't have.

Boaz fecking Myhill.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

This result isn't really a surprise, we have been rubbish all season against teams that park the bus.

And why are we rubbish? Because every single one of our attacks at some point ends up at the feet of Ashley Young or Antonio Valencia. Thats where the ball goes time and time again, to the feet of two wingers who are the very antithesis of end product. It must be great to plan a defense against United, just wait until the chuckle brothers get the ball, one will hit our ankles and the other will hit it blind, job done!

That has to change, both the players and the style of play that encourages it.

• Advertisement

This is such a bull**** FIFA game.

1 million% possession, 12000 shots, 1 missed penalty. Playing 1 defender.

Opposition gets 1 shot and scores. Their keeper saving unsavable shots.

The stream I'm watching, just put that nigga song on at 88 minutes. I **** you not.
    Am I watching someone playing FIFA??

Think I'll just head to bed and call it a weekend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sigh.

We don't seem to have a clue what to do when a team park the bus. I don't know, tactically, if there's much you can do about it, other than hope your players manage to break down those walls.

RVP did well to get chances, but he couldn't convert one, including a penalty. Rooney was anonymous. Again. Valencia offers nothing going forward. Blind had a dodgy game too,

Young did ok. Herrera was ok. A lot of anonymous performances after that.

We've made this run in far too difficult. 5 from 9 points needed now, but games only get harder. There was comments about a whole new squad next season, and I'd happily see it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

**** sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Stop trolling us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Rooney and Valencia need to go. Both consistently rubbish this year.

3 successive league defeats for the first time in 13 years, 3 full games without a goal, not nearly good enough.

• Advertisement

Today demonstrates how we desperately need a winger and RB. Playing with Valencia is like being a man down. He offers nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Not 1 goal in 3 games. Thats outrageous. Look at the table and pool are catching up slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Why did rvp take the penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

We're fairly sh*te tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

If Young and Valencia are still at UTD and Fellaini is an attack focal point next season we can forget about a league challenge.

• Advertisement

Really need to upgrade on Valencia and young. No matter how much they have been grand and solid.we really need better wide players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

rooney is fair ****e as per usual aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,663 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Hococop wrote: »
    Why did rvp take the penalty

Rooney missed the last one against Liverpool. Maybe LVG trusted RVP more, or maybe RVP just simply claimed it and Rooney didnt gainsay him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Well that's the goalkeeping situation solved. De Gea out, Myhill in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

That was muck. Rooney was putrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Could this summer be the summer to cash in on Rooney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,663 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Really need to upgrade on Valencia and young. No matter how much they have been grand and solid.we really need better wide players.

Need a minimum of 2 central midfielders as well. Its not acceptable for us to be playing strikers and backup left backs in there whenever our soon to 34 year old first pick midfielder picks up an injury. Carrick has only been available for 50% of our games. Cant go into next season with Carrick still presumed as the first pick midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

My god watching that game would age you by 10 years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dimaria will run Bebe close as worst performance in recent history. Absolutely fcuking hopeless performance.

No idea what to do with the ball except pass it sideways.

You can say all you want about WBAs tactics but we should be able to beat them regardless.

We are lucky Liverpool are missing Sturridge or they would be well ahead of us.

I just want this season to be over asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That was muck. Rooney was putrid

No, no, it's the fault of the players around him. If you analyse his game to death you can find somebody else to blame for every mistake he made.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement