Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I hope Chelsea still field a strong team against liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Hococop wrote: »
    I hope Chelsea still field a strong team against liverpool
    I think they will ... Jose will not want to lose at home for the second time ever in the PL at Stamford Bridge.... and definitely not to one of the big boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Trilla wrote: »
    Words are cheap imho... class and john terry never go together, unless you're talking about his performances sometimes. Theres a user on boards called JT26 I just noticed. I nearly puked (genuinely) when I saw it.

I don't like the man but just after finishing the game that cemented them as champs he took time in the interview on the field to say it.

Back to us,I'm not looking forward to the Palace game at all.I'd take a 1-0 win at this stage just to get us back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

José loves trolling Liverpool, theres not a hope they'll lose.

José loves trolling Liverpool, theres not a hope they'll lose.

#this does not slip.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Trilla wrote: »
    Theres a user on boards called JT26 I just noticed. I nearly puked (genuinely) when I saw it.

You're easily upset then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Mars Bar wrote: »

I get strange cravings when I see yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Not really. I think the day that's in it, a picture of him as an avatar plus the name JT26 made me ill a little. I dislike the man that much! What a lovely guy to have as your avatar and username, NOT
    I get strange cravings when I see yours.

your easily erm get hungry then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

People over lapping at pace near or inside the box like City are doing and have done for a while is one thing we are missing it, shaw seems to be the only player we have with the pace or brain to do it atm.

He thanked this post :D hey JT26 come in and gives us your thoughts on this wild accusation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

zerks wrote: »
    I don't like the man but just after finishing the game that cemented them as champs he took time in the interview on the field to say it.

Fair enough, but the cynic in me can't but think everything he says is cheap and fake. I'll stop now its clear I don't like the man!

Back to us, I hope Hull keep winning and are safe again they play us... oh and that Spurs and City draw

JT26 wrote: »
    The JT finds his post amusing;)

STOP I'M VOMITING GET OUT GET OUT :):)

joke

JDSports are doing a sale on United kits and what not, away jersey is €20, madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

#mufc are desperate to avoid a player exchange between Gareth Bale and David De Gea. [ian ladyman on ssn]

JDSports are doing a sale on United kits and what not, away jersey is €20, madness.

Hardly madness when it's now an 'old' jersey and a new brand is taking over in a few months and they are sitting on stock

Jose Mourinho: "Today was not a game to enjoy. Today was a game to finish the job."

Something I wish we would do more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You what Uniteds biggest problem right now is? After hundreds of millions of pounds spent we actually don't have one of the biggest cliches in football, a strong spine to the team!

Courtois - Terry - Matic - Fabregas - Costa
    Schmeichel - Stam - Keane - Scholes - Cole
    Seaman - Campbell - Viera - Henry
    Cech - Terry - Makelele - Lampard - Drogba
    Hart - Kompany - Toure - Aguero

Every successful team needs that strong spine, it is abolutely vital and we don't have it. We don't have a dominant nailed on first choice defender, we don't have any consistency in midfield selection and our best striker seems to be played elsewhere as often as not.

The spine of the team, you get one and then you build around it. Its no wonder we look so fragile when we don't have anything like a strong core.

Hardly madness when it's now an 'old' jersey and a new brand is taking over in a few months and they are sitting on stock

Its all madness I say, madness

• Advertisement

Its all madness I say, madness

Buy them up and sell them on. Profit?

Buy them up and sell them on. Profit?

We could be onto something special here my friend

The away one is nice, although I like the looks of the various away Adidas plain ones that have done the rounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm not overly concerned about the performance although win yesterday would have had Top 4 done and dusted. Now we little nervy.

City winning today turns out to be better of 2 evils for us.

I'm not overly concerned about the performance although win yesterday would have had Top 4 done and dusted. Now we little nervy.

City winning today turns out to be better of 2 evils for us.
    Agree with this now its only the Pool we have to watch - drop points v Palace and Liverpool beat Chelsea and I think momentum could push them past us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

irishfeen wrote: »
    Agree with this now its only the Pool we have to watch - drop points v Palace and Liverpool beat Chelsea and I think momentum could push them past us.

Liverpool have bottled every chance they've gotten this season, they've folded against most of the bigger teams. I'm expecting Chelsea to finish them off.

• Advertisement

Liverpool have bottled every chance they've gotten this season, they've folded against most of the bigger teams. I'm expecting Chelsea to finish them off.
    Yeah but they are still a good side on their day... they could realistically beat Chelsea, Palace and Stoke. Its still on our own hands but our inability to break down sides who park the bus, our ability to concede stupid goals and our injury list is slightly worrying.

Arsenal at Old Trafford will be tough - very tough!

We are still on 65 points for last month.

Maybe not bottling it in 2 tough away fixtures, but we are making Top 4 much tougher then it should be too.

Again, yesterday football wise was not complete disaster but we still don't have a killer punch to finish off job at minute.

We are still on 65 points for last month.

Maybe not bottling it in 2 tough away fixtures, but we are making Top 4 much tougher then it should be too.

Again, yesterday football wise was not complete disaster but we still don't have a killer punch to finish off job at minute.
    Its desperately annoying - Chelsea upset our rhythm and winning mentality (even though we really should have won) - we have yet to recover... Carrick out too is massive.

Yeah but they are still a good side on their day... they could realistically beat Chelsea, Palace and Stoke. Its still on our own hands but our inability to break down sides who park the bus, our ability to concede stupid goals and our injury list is slightly worrying.

Arsenal at Old Trafford will be tough - very tough!

Arsenal wont park the bus though and could have automatic qualification wrapped up by the time we meet them. Not sure about Crystal Palces ability to lock it up either but they are a good counter attacking team.

Liverpool are still playing as bad or worse than us even with the win against a very poor qpr team, Mourhinio dont like to lose.

In other news dome retro jerseys and there is a sale on Im getting tempted the more I look

http://www.camporetro.com/Shop-By-Team/Premier-League/Manchester-United?utm_source=Partner&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=MUFC%20Latest

Its desperately annoying - Chelsea upset our rhythm and winning mentality (even though we really should have won) - we have yet to recover... Carrick out too is massive.

I think most of us were still happy enough after the Chelsea game cause of the way we played and the few injuries that upset the setup of the team.

Last week was very disappointing, but forgivable, but yesterday has us looking over or shoulder again now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

What about a bid for Benteke in the summer, young strong fast, good finisher. His record for Villa is excellent, one goal in every 2 games. I think he'd score a tonne in a strong team and might be gotten for a decent price

What about a bid for Benteke in the summer, young strong fast, good finisher. His record for Villa is excellent, one goal in every 2 games. I think he'd score a tonne in a strong team and might be gotten for a decent price

if we can get him for under 30 million, I'd be happy. Give them januzaj and wilson on loan as well

Talk on twitter that Liverpool have submitted a bid for Depay, get the finger out Woody. I'd be proper píssed off if we let Depay go to Liverpool and wasted the summer and ridiculous money on Bale.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Talk on twitter that Liverpool have submitted a bid for Depay, get the finger out Woody. I'd be proper píssed off if we let Depay go to Liverpool and wasted the summer and ridiculous money on Bale.

The Mirror are reporting they have "cool their interest" as they want to spend their cash on a star striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,663 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The Mirror are reporting they have "cool their interest" as they want to spend their cash on a star striker.

Contradicting stories, and most likely neither is verifiable or true. Paper doesn't refuse ink, and the papers and the writers know they can recycle stories about clubs X,Y and Z battling for players A, B and C all summer long with no fear of a club confirming or denying.

TBH, I think the Depay deal is essentially done and both clubs are just waiting for the end of the season to finalise it so there is no loss of focus in either squad. Certainly might be disconcerting for Young or Januzaj to know Depay is on the way to take their slot in the squad.

LVG confirmed RVP won't take another penalty, nor will Rooney.
    utdreport.com ‏@UtdReport
    Louis van Gaal has confirmed that Robin van Persie is no longer #mufc penalty taker. [bbc]
    Louis van Gaal on if Van Persie would take another penalty: "No. He is now at the end of the road." [bbc]
    Van Gaal: "It is always (the same)," he added. "Wayne Rooney has missed also, so when you miss, you are at the bottom again." [bbc]

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Hearing rumours De Gea has signed a new deal with us, sounds a lot like what Ronnie did, one more year and we'll lift a big fee next summer for him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bit harsh, if one of them scores 20 pens in a row then misses one he's out according to LVG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

who's the pundit on motd2 who's not Shearer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Are those real quotes? Sounds pretty disrespectful towards RVP but you know LVG calls it as it is

• Advertisement

so who's on pens now? Mata or Herrera?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anything from the UtdReport twitter account should be taken with a massive grain of salt.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Anything from the UtdReport twitter account should be taken with a massive grain of salt.

Not sure why everyone gives them grief, they give the source in their tweets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

who's the pundit on motd2 who's not Shearer?

Trevor Sinclair

That's such a weird tweet.

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Hearing rumours De Gea has signed a new deal with us, sounds a lot like what Ronnie did, one more year and we'll lift a big fee next summer for him....

adding onto this, apparently its a 2 year extension, so summer 2018?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

adding onto this, apparently its a 2 year extension, so summer 2018?

Where you here this?

Where you here this?

That tufty fella from Stretford End flags said he heard it first. Not sure where the 2 year thing came outta but few random people saying it on twitter.

Don't believe it myself till I see it but better to see than he's agreed a deal with Madrid and I'm a sucker for transfer/contract gossip :p

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd rather De Gea sign a 5 year extension instead of 2.

• Advertisement

dave2l8loi.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement