Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

VZXURUc.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Pro. F wrote: »
    I'm not interested in your input Will.

Well it's a public message board and I'll put across my input whenever I feel like it. You're a good poster, don't ruin it by acting the dick to people for no reason at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

giphy.gif

Kate Upton is not amused with all the pettiness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

ElChe32 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Kate Upton is not amused with all the pettiness

Was just about to sigh and x boards for a while, then you post Ms Upton, God bless you ElChe, God bless you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jesus merciful Christ almighty its going to be a long summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Well it's a public message board and I'll put across my input whenever I feel like it.

Of course you will. I didn't try to stop you.
    You're a good poster, don't ruin it by acting the dick to people for no reason at all.

I didn't act the dick and I don't need your advice on how to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I aplogise to Pro F and Will like ye both.

Sorry to other posters too.

Just having one those days. Thank God I dont get periods.;)

im out. good night and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Serious business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pro. F wrote: »
    What is it that makes you say that?

Like most player of the year awards, they tend to be dominated by attacking/flare players. historically.

My use of Holland there might have come across as being somehow specific to Holland, which wasn't my intent. I just think it's a real sign when a defender or a defensive player wins a player of the year award, testament to how above and beyond that player has been.

• Advertisement

I aplogise to Pro F and Will like ye both.

Sorry to other posters too.

Just having one those days. Thank God I dont get periods.;)

im out. good night and all that

Certainly no need to apologise to me man. The two of us just saw the conversation differently. Enjoy the match :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Like last year, I'll be delighted when this season is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RasTa wrote: »
    Like last year, I'll be delighted when this season is over.

Last year was intense, at the height of the pro/anti Moyes stuff, this place was off the charts :D

My productivity went through the floor, spending my days defending Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ on a bike this place is getting tougher going by the day and I only lurk around.

It's mainly because people can't seem to be able to handle Pro. F.

If you've been around here long enough you'll know that he never gets into a discussion he doesn't have an interest in, he always has his facts straight, and he has the memory of a cyborg. Some people see his posting style as provocative, but really he just has very little time for bull**** once he has engaged in a discussion.

When people get pissy with me, I just post an hilarious gif and get loads of thanks to give the impression that I won, whereas Pro. F will ensure you suffer for your foolishness and if you're not smart enough to step down he will drag your pain out for as long as it takes. Often multiple pages at a time.

He very very rarely changes his mind once he's made it, lots of people are like that, what makes me roll-eyes-smilie is when people intentionally try to pull him up on something minuscule for the purpose of derailing the thread.

Advice for people who are not familiar with Pro. F:
    If you are going to have an issue with something he has said, be prepared to present your argument like you would present a body of work to a professor, and NOT like you would reply to a knob in the YouTube comments. If your sources are properly cited in the bibliography then we can all have a civil debate, shake hands and move on. If not, you're not going to get anywhere and the longer you keep at it the longer we all have to watch it happen again.

Pro. F is like Fellaini in a way. Adjust to his style or you're in for a long day. You'll also probably catch a stray elbow through no fault of your own, the way Will I Amnt just did.

:pac:

TheDoc wrote: »
    Last year was intense, at the height of the pro/anti Moyes stuff, this place was off the charts :D

My productivity went through the floor, spending my days defending Moyes

Mine went through the floor defending Fellaini this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

If you've been around here long enough you'll know that he never gets into a discussion he doesn't have an interest in, he always has his facts straight, and he has the memory of a cyborg. Some people see his posting style as provocative, but really he just has very little time for bull**** once he has engaged in a discussion.

When people get pissy with me, I just post an hilarious gif and get loads of thanks to give the impression that I won, whereas Pro. F will ensure you suffer for your foolishness and if you're not smart enough to step down he will drag your pain out for as long as it takes. Often multiple pages at a time.

He very very rarely changes his mind once he's made it, lots of people are like that, what makes me roll-eyes-smilie is when people intentionally try to pull him up on something minuscule for the purpose of derailing the thread.

If you are going to have an issue with something he has said, be prepared to present your argument like you would present a body of work to a professor, and NOT like you would reply to a knob in the YouTube comments. If your sources are properly cited in the bibliography then we can all have a civil debate, shake hands and move on. If not, you're not going to get anywhere and the longer you keep at it the longer we all have to watch it happen again.

Pro. F is like Fellaini in a way. Adjust to his style or you're in for a long day. You'll also probably catch a stray elbow through no fault of your own, the way Will I Amnt just did.

I've been posting here for years, I'm well aware of his posting style.
    I won't be taking the "oh, that's just Pro F" approach like he's some sort of racist grandad though.

• Advertisement

eh thanks Mikey... I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think Blind is good enough to be a starter

Schneiderlin would be a great replacement for Carrick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

I don't think Blind is good enough to be a starter

Schneiderlin would be a great replacement for Carrick

Would love to see us get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I've been lurking here for years as well. I know exactly what To expect. Doesn't mean I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This image was made after dealing with Pro F

duty_calls.png

• Advertisement

We are here for you pro. She's not worth it.

Thanks for all the attention lads. It's nice to be so popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Anyone watching the champions league?
    Can't help but feel if Barca had Fellaini they'd be 2 or 3 up by now.

They better not come sniffing around in the summer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

There isn't another top side in champions league football that would play Fellaini, lets not kid ourselves here.

It's amazing how horribly over important he has suddenly become, I think for us to progress in the final 3rd, we need to get him out of our first 11. He is too slow, too one dimensional and too static and he is part of the reason (of which there are many) why our final 3rd play is so poor.

Am I right in saying if Chelsea beat Liverpool this weekend and United beat Crystal Palace, thats 4th place secured?

There isn't another top side in champions league football that would play Fellaini, lets not kid ourselves here.

It's amazing how horribly over important he has suddenly become, I think for us to progress in the final 3rd, we need to get him out of our first 11. He is too slow, too one dimensional and too static and he is part of the reason (of which there are many) why our final 3rd play is so poor.
    Unless i'm completely doting I think he was joking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

yes because fellaini regularly scores 2 or 3 goals a game against top teams :rolleyes:

Am I right in saying if Chelsea beat Liverpool this weekend and United beat Crystal Palace, thats 4th place secured?
    Liverpool currently 4pts behind United on 61... Max points they can get is 70 - United win/Pool lose then we move to 68 the max Pool can get is 67..

.. so yes Whatsisname you are correct :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

RasTa wrote: »
    This image was made after dealing with Pro F

duty_calls.png

The man's a debating machine! #Imrightyourewrong

If we signed Fellaini this year and blind last year people would hate blind.

• Advertisement

If we signed Fellaini this year and blind last year people would hate blind.

nobody hates fellaini, he is just a very limited footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

In your repetitive opinion.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Liverpool currently 4pts behind United on 61... Max points they can get is 70 - United win/Pool lose then we move to 68 the max Pool can get is 67..

.. so yes Whatsisname you are correct :)

afe8b8eb6da8e8030bb44d184599f152.500x254x11.gif

Lionel Andrés "Leo" Messi Cuccittini - what an absolute fúcking genius of this game - just brilliant!

off topic but messi is a genius

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That was clinical finishing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We should really try and get him this summer...

bangkok wrote: »
    nobody hates fellaini, he is just a very limited footballer

Being pedantic, every footballer is limited to a degree. If they can find one thing that can seperate them from the other pros they are doing something right.

Another aspect is sticking to the game plan. The managers aren't mugs like we enjoy believing. Players like young and Fellaini will do well if they stick to the game plan and do what they are told.
    Tactics at that level isn't just kick ball at goal. It's also why simple stats mean nothing at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

There should be two Manchester United threads one for all the ''Regulars'' to argue and talk ****e in and one for the rest of the united fans who would like to talk about things casually without having to get involved in a load of petty ****e.

Wouldn't that be lovely :pac:

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    That was clinical finishing
    It was just ridiculous - stupidly good!..

This semi is a joy - this is what we should be aiming for, both fantastic teams playing with a bit of class... park the bus my hole! :)

There should be two Manchester United threads one for all the ''Regulars'' to argue and talk ****e in and one for the rest of the united fans who would like to talk about things casually without having to get involved in a load of petty ****e.

If everyone met at a pub to watch a match you would never have all this pettiness because we are all the same.

If everyone met at a pub to watch a match you would never have all this pettiness because we are all the same.
    I'd say I would have got a bating last year over Moyes... ;)

I wouldn't say that now :p theres some serious mouths in here who love being the center of attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Barca are f**kin beautiful to watch. David Moyes vs barca this weekend should be interesting

irishfeen wrote: »
    I'd say I would have got a bating last year over Moyes... ;)

Bangkok would have murdered me with an axe over Fellaini this year.
    John Marston would start smashing windows and dramatically storm out at the end.
    Lord tsc would have his analysis of the match on the back of a napkin being passed around a second after the match the over.

Actually, there is far too many mentally unstable people in here and lurking to make it viable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

And one for Morrisey fans.

I ****ing hate Morrisey.

Bangkok would have murdered me with an axe over Fellaini this year.
    John Marston would start smashing windows and dramatically storm out at the end.
    Lord tsc would have his analysis of the match on the back of a napkin being passed around a second after the match the over.

Actually, there is far too many mentally unstable people in here and lurking to make it viable.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

More like there wouldn't be as much pettiness as you would actually be held accountable for your opinion. If you said some of the crap in the pub that is said here, you would be laughed out of the pub or ignored for being a tool to be around.

adox wrote: »

I ****ing hate Morrisey.
    What's wrong with Marty :confused:

adox wrote: »

I ****ing hate Morrisey.

Ha!

Fairly sure he's a united fan actually?

morrissey_scan5.jpg