Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Actually, there is far too many mentally unstable people in here and lurking to make it viable.

it's been done! Mr Alan even turned up and seemed normal enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

irishfeen wrote: »
    Lionel Andrés "Leo" Messi Cuccittini - what an absolute fúcking genius of this game - just brilliant!

Queue the "no contest Messi vs Ronaldo" "Only United and Real fans think Ronaldo is as good or better" remarks.

Different players, very influential at different times.

My God Messi is a skillful little wizard. He was the difference tonight by a mile, especially the last 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Bangkok would have murdered me with an axe over Fellaini this year.
    John Marston would start smashing windows and dramatically storm out at the end.
    Lord tsc would have his analysis of the match on the back of a napkin being passed around a second after the match the over.

Actually, there is far too many mentally unstable people in here and lurking to make it viable.

Bring back Bang Wildman I say

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You trying to imply I'm crazy?

tumblr_m5kw8zWydo1rxqamro1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

it's been done! Mr Alan even turned up and seemed normal enough

No way! When was that?

Ah some of my best friends are boardies. Great bunch of sound lads us boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

few years ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Trilla wrote: »
    Queue the "no contest Messi vs Ronaldo" "Only United and Real fans think Ronaldo is as good or better" remarks.

Different players, very influential at different times.

My God Messi is a skillful little wizard. He was the difference tonight by a mile, especially the last 20 minutes.
    I don't get that better then stuff myself - the two of them are up their with the best ever players in the game - we maze well enjoy them while we can... we might never see their like again!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You trying to imply I'm crazy?

...... Ammmmm No, master

irishfeen wrote: »
    I don't get that better then stuff myself - the two of them are up their with the best ever players in the game - we maze well enjoy them while we can... we might never see their like again!

Exactly. Its simple really anyways.

Messi is more skillful and tidier
    Ronaldo is stronger, bigger, a little faster

You'd have Messi over Ronaldo in most bigger teams, although if you were togging out for Cherry Orcard on a Sunday morning youd rather face Messi than Ronaldo :D

No need to compare. Just enjoy.

Zidane was the greatest anyways, and lets not forget Terry Cooke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We should really try and get him this summer...

He'd be a good upgrade for right back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

#mufc are considering extending Radamel Falcao's loan until January. They do not want to permanently buy the player. [mirror]

I'd be happy with that. As long as we don't buy him this summer!!!

Poor ol Ronnie is sad at everyone loving Messi, so he wants some pity. Some seriously unprofessional wankery fouls in there

#mufc are considering extending Radamel Falcao's loan until January. They do not want to permanently buy the player. [mirror]

Pinch of salt my dear man - one of the least reliable sources...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Oh please God no.

adox wrote: »
    Oh please God no.

Why? Its just an extension of the loan, gives him more time. No harm to it.

Read a stat today that he has contributed more goals and assists than tevez did in his last season.

Why? Its just an extension of the loan, gives him more time. No harm to it.

Read a stat today that he has contributed more goals and assists than tevez did in his last season.

He's been utterly useless. Offers nothing upfront.

I know that sounds ridiculous considering who the player is but he really has been awful.

Wilson would offer more. Hernandez would offer more.

It was worth the gamble but it failed big time. Don't prolong the agony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I ****ing hate Morrisey.

This, a million times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

We should do an experiment where everybody moves to the same city, goes on the dole for six months and we spend every day in the pub discussing United face to face.

Poor ol Ronnie is sad at everyone loving Messi, so he wants some pity. Some seriously unprofessional wankery fouls in there

but he doesn't have courage like Messi according to Dunphy
    and he dives unlike Messi according to Dunphy

• Advertisement

He's been utterly useless. Offers nothing upfront.

I know that sounds ridiculous considering who the player is but he really has been awful.

Wilson would offer more. Hernandez would offer more.

It was worth the gamble but it failed big time. Don't prolong the agony.

Ah I don't dispute that. Wilson should go on loan. The thing wit. Young utd players, they get hyped up to be the next whoever.
    Adnan, case in point, the next Giggs, after 1 season.
    If falcao is happy enough to do his best in training and hopefully get back to his best all well and good.

I think this is the new tc23 debate

Pro. F wrote: »
    We should do an experiment where everybody moves to the same city, goes on the dole for six months and we spend every day in the pub discussing United face to face.

In my old work we had access to boards. I would see the usual soccer heads in the office on it from time to time.
    One of the Liverpool lads was one of the loudest, turns out one of my most shared ip addresses is a regular on the Liverpool thread. Had it checked out of curiosity last week.

I still don't like him.

but he doesn't have courage like Messi according to Dunphy
    and he dives unlike Messi according to Dunphy

Jesus yeah , I was listening to them for the first time in years today. At half time dunphy said, if there is one player out there who can make a difference, it's messi. No **** Sherlock. If they came in here posting that ****e they say they would be laughed it.
    They are cliched dinosaurs.

The only boardsies I have ever met are from the photography forum. Never anyone from the soccer forum, let alone the Utd super thread. I don't know any of the posters here either(as far as I know).

Anyone who knows me would know who I am from my username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The only boardsies I have ever met are from the photography forum. Never anyone from the soccer forum, let alone the Utd super thread. I don't know any of the posters here either(as far as I know).

Your sig is a bit of a giveaway too brah.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

I wouldn't last a week. And maybe someone else wouldn't last a week too if you catch my drift.

• Advertisement

Ha yeah. Forgot about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I could be your work college or even sitting right beside you now and you'll never know

Headshot wrote: »
    I could be your work college or even sitting right beside you now and you'll never know

I stalked you 4 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

#mufc have signed Memphis Depay. [ad]

Don't know the source but I hope these types of stories start picking up pace soon. Would much rather him than bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I stalked you 4 years ago

Yes I noticed a trilla in the bushes and btw are you sure it's still not happening in the present tense? :D

• Advertisement

Don't know the source but I hope these types of stories start picking up pace soon. Would much rather him than bale
    Seems to be a bit of movement in Holland alright tonight but it might be all from an unreliable source... Even the ones I have seen just said meetings will take place with United tomorrow, nothing more then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Someone's team name in the United Fantasy Football league is "adox=LarryWildman" :pac: I just presumed you're name was Larry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Depay follows Pereira and Blind on Instagram. It's a done dealio.

Headshot wrote: »
    Yes I noticed a trilla in the bushes and btw are you sure it's still not happening in the present tense? :D

Sorry mate not me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

What a crazy thing to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Woah they are class, well played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Depay follows Pereira and Blind on Instagram. It's a done dealio.

Has this been fairly accurate, twitter aswell or am i dreaming

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I wouldn't last a week. And maybe someone else wouldn't last a week too if you catch my drift.

Nobody would last very long I suspect. It's pointless comparing years long discussion threads with chats in pubs. The whole "if you said x in a pub y would happen..." talk is always silly posturing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/RikElfrink/status/596080547128070144

Translation: Manchester United signs Memphis Depay, reports AD Sportwereld

https://twitter.com/ADSportwereld/status/596080016045305856

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Now I'm no Dutch speaker but it looks like that says Depay has opened talks with United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Now I'm no Dutch speaker but it looks like that says Depay has opened talks with United.

"The battle for the signature of Memphis is nearing the final stage. After talks with PSG and Liverpool, AD now says he's also spoken to Manchester United and van Gaal. The management of Memphis (Kees Ploegsma) has been given freedom to speak to clubs and once they reach a personal agreement the deal can be done with PSV quickly."

Elfrink is meant to be reliable so if he's going with Depay to United then something must be happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And that newspaper, Algemeen Dagblad, is as unreliable as they come.
    Every whiff of transfer news they dump on their website.

As soon as www.vi.nl start reporting it, it gains credibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

In my old work we had access to boards. I would see the usual soccer heads in the office on it from time to time.
    One of the Liverpool lads was one of the loudest, turns out one of my most shared ip addresses is a regular on the Liverpool thread. Had it checked out of curiosity last week.

I still don't like him.

Trilla and myself used to sit opposite sides of the office for months, and you'd hear both of our keyboards going mad as we had debates or discussions, through here, yet sitting ten feet away :D

I'd say he knew when I was about to deliver one of my short novels by hearing my keyboard go frantic !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nobody would last very long I suspect. It's pointless comparing years long discussion threads with chats in pubs. The whole "if you said x in a pub y would happen..." talk is always silly posturing.

To be honest I'm disgracefully quiet when it comes to football talk among the lads in the pub etc. For some reason I always get labelled a fool, and rarely taken seriously, so I just avoid it entirely at this point.

• TheDoc wrote: »
    Trilla and myself used to sit opposite sides of the office for months, and you'd hear both of our keyboards going mad as we had debates or discussions, through here, yet sitting ten feet away :D

I'd say he knew when I was about to deliver one of my short novels by hearing my keyboard go frantic !

What did you discuss at lunch? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

this season

Messi 51 games 53 goals

Ronaldo 50 games 54 goals

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

TheDoc wrote: »
    To be honest I'm disgracefully quiet when it comes to football talk among the lads in the pub etc. For some reason I always get labelled a fool, and rarely taken seriously, so I just avoid it entirely at this point.

Unless your with a group of knowledgable fans anything past the sky sports rhetoric or train of thought can get you branded a fool. Thankfully pub talk is usually with a good group who often think and look outside of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

bangkok wrote: »
    this season

Messi 51 games 53 goals

Ronaldo 50 games 54 goals

:eek:

Crazy stuff, that Barca front line is crazy, some amount of goals they've gotten as a trio.

• Looks like Jones and Carrick are set to return against Palace.

Great news IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

thijsslegers @thijsslegers
    #psv heeft een akkoord met #ManchesterUnited over #Depay. Later meer.
    Cocu heeft dit vanochtend aan de spelersgroep bekend gemaakt, waarna Memphis uitgebreid is gefeliciteerd door zijn ploeggenoten
    BREAKING: Depay naar Manchester United

Translation:
    SV have an agreement with Manchester United over Depay
    Cocu announced this to the players this morning, afterwards Memphis was congratulated by his team mates
    BREAKING: Depay signs for Manchester United

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement