Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Andy Mitten ‏@AndyMitten 33s34 seconds ago

A text from Holland. Memphis Deepay will join Manchester United according to a good mate and reliable source @thijsslegers

Multiple sources going with it on twitter now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Reading garbage last night and the article think it was on football bible claimed if United tie degea down falcao staying is a part of it :D what a pile of white from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Andy Mitten ‏@AndyMitten 33s34 seconds ago

A text from Holland. Memphis Deepay will join Manchester United according to a good mate and reliable source @thijsslegers

Multiple sources going with it on twitter now.

I like Mitten. I'd be inclined to believe there's something to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Hopefully the Depay story is true. Would be a fantastic signing and great to get it done and dusted early.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Most of the Dutch journos are tweeting Depay story, also like few said reliable vi journos are also reporting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I really hope Memphis signs for us....

Add Vidal and hummels and the league title next year and I'll be happy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    And that newspaper, Algemeen Dagblad, is as unreliable as they come.
    Every whiff of transfer news they dump on their website.

As soon as www.vi.nl start reporting it, it gains credibility.

#thijsslegers = www.vi.nl

Google translated.
    Memphis leaves for Manchester United

Memphis Depay leave after this season for Manchester United. PSV with club manager Louis van Gaal reached an agreement on the transfer of the 21-year-old winger, who could also count on interest from Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain.
    Memphis recently conducted all talks with PSG and United, which from the beginning seemed to have the best papers by the presence of Van Gaal. Last summer, worked the 63-year old from Amsterdam during the World Cup in Brazil as coach of the Dutch national team, after all, still closely with his first acquisition for the coming season.

Memphis this season signed a contract with PSV until mid-2018, making Eindhoven a hefty transfer fee can ask for the top scorer of the Premier League. The directors Marcel Brands and Toon Gerbrands asked recently after winning the league title still to twenty million would not be enough.

PSV coach Phillip Cocu this morning the players informed of the million transfer from Memphis, who then extensively congratulated by his teammates. The five international was tenfold since its debut in 2012, accounting for 49 hits in 122 official matches on behalf of PSV.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/memphis-vertrekt-naar-manchester-united.htm

https://twitter.com/RikElfrink/status/596259894346522624

So with current exchance rate it 23 Million pounds. Not a bad price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Someone dig up my post saying Depay is going to United or nowhere at all.

GERRUP ED YA BOLLOX! WAHEY!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That's how it's done!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ed Woodward right now

BwJMxo_IEAAs33Y.jpg:large

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Jay!!!
    I am better at something* than google

(*translating Dutch to English)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

#thijsslegers = www.vi.nl

WHERE IS FUTUREGUY, WHERE IS FUTUREGUY

PSV and Manchester United agreed on Memphis

PSV and Manchester United have reached an agreement on the transition from Memphis to the English club. Reported technical manager Marcel Brands.

Players also agreed
    Memphis (21) itself has also reached an agreement with Manchester United. Marcel Brands emphasized that all the necessary paperwork must first be dealt with in the coming days and that the player must undergo a medical examination.

Response Marcel Brands
    "We are very proud of this upcoming transfer, which came in a huge momentum," said Marcel Brands. "Memphis has gone through all the teams of the PSV youth academy and has played an important part in the national title this year. He's a wonderful exponent of our training and will make a nice transition to a magnificent club in a beautiful competition. Regarding sports, we lose obviously a fantastic player, which is of great value to the team. But very PSV grants him these wonderful step. "

http://www.psv.nl/psv/nieuws/artikel/psv-en-manchester-united-akkoord-over-memphis.htm

PSV official site.

Great start to the window.

United Twitter just confirming it now. Happy days. Glad we're getting started early!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

From United's Facebook page
    United has reached an agreement with PSV Eindhoven & Memphis Depay for the player's transfer, subject to a medical.
    Pending the successful completion of the medical, the deal will go through once the transfer window opens in June.

• Advertisement

lvgfyjt4.gif

Is this real life? A deal done for a big prospect in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

That's player name and jersey number sorted then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would be absolutely delighted with Depay.

I rate the kid and think he could become a real star. I was worried we would feck about with a pursuit of Bale and miss out on players like Depay as a result (and not get Bale anyway!) so if we have got Depay sorted it shows a determination from United to get the deals done and dusted rather than get sucked in to drawn out sagas.

I think it was Mitten who was saying on ESPN the other day that United have a number of targets for each position and if they don't make heading on the first choice within a certain time frame they plan to simply move on.

As an aside to this, Bild are reporting that we are the likely destination of both Gundogan and Hummels - and that Dortmund want both gone, if they are going, pretty much as soon as the window opens so that they can move on to replacing them quickly too. If we are in for both players, it sounds like neither should be a saga. Should be signed for us or someone else fairly quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I be feeling like..

3fBnhtT.gif

Yka2zH2.gif

Also Kate Upton gif >>>inserted here<<<

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

Taaaaaaaaaashte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Congrats chaps, should be an exciting player for ye.

I'm sure ye will be green with envy when we snap up Bolassie and Delph.

another point on this - now it is confirmed.

United's interest in the player has been well documented but up until Jackson yesterday (i think) most people were saying we were lagging behind PSG, Bayern and Liverpool in terms of actually making a move to sign him. United have got the deal done, without much fanfare or hype. The type of transfer I like to see.

• Advertisement

61983114.jpg

United's interest in the player has been well documented but up until Jackson yesterday (i think) most people were saying we were lagging behind PSG, Bayern and Liverpool in terms of actually making a move to sign him. United have got the deal done, without much fanfare or hype. The type of transfer I like to see.

Agreed. No faffing around from Ed on this. Lets hope this is the trend for the rest of the summer transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Transfer sorted in May what is this new form of devilry

Delighted

Dont think you ever were behind PSG and Liverpool. Dont think you were behind Bayern either.

Sometimes players talk to clubs out of politeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

Sky Sports reporting it as a done deal now too :)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9839735/manchester-united-agreed-a-deal-for-psv-forward-depay

Have to say im delighted with that! if we get the bulk of our business done before the Summer transfer madness it would be amazing. I'd fancy LVG to be fairly efficient in terms of outlining his targets too so hopefully that will be the case!

• Advertisement

Paddy Power quick off the mark. :D

11204999_10153289382099914_8420546913143540012_n.png?oh=ea07c49f9af11fd9be4e4f8733743b13&oe=55D131C1&__gda__=1439387351_599c15d91b68a3e90ad899b8abe518d9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

This gets reported the same time as SSN tweeting this:
    TRANSFER CENTRE: Gareth Bale will not be leaving Real Madrid, according to his agent http://sky.me/1JRRR9p

coincidence?

Yeah probably! :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Seen it on the United Facebook there and celebrated like a goal. Hopefully a great signing.

Dont think you ever were behind PSG and Liverpool. Dont think you were behind Bayern either.

Sometimes players talk to clubs out of politeness.

Would prefer if a number of clubs were after him so United would have been seen as the winner in this particular race!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Great signing! I'm already looking forward to next season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭KH25

Not a bad price when you consider what the English players are going for these days.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Agreed. No faffing around from Ed on this. Lets hope this is the trend for the rest of the summer transfers.

Yep - i'm sure people may argue we have overpaid at 21million or whatever it is.

However, I'm not bothered about spending a few million more to get a deal tied up without any fuss. In fact, that has been a negotiating position of United for years. If a deal is kept out of the press and a bidding war is not courted, United have been more willing to pay a bit extra. Remember reading that a while back, think the Hernandez deal was cited. Was probably a Mitten article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Depay is a nice signing.

However CB and MF are still the priority, they are the crucial deals to get right

KH25 wrote: »
    Not a bad price when you consider what the English players are going for these days.

Quotes of 50million for Sterling (a similar style of player) and we get Depay for half that price.

• MagicIRL wrote: »
    Paddy Power quick off the mark. :D

11204999_10153289382099914_8420546913143540012_n.png?oh=ea07c49f9af11fd9be4e4f8733743b13&oe=55D131C1&__gda__=1439387351_599c15d91b68a3e90ad899b8abe518d9

:D

We have excellent record with PSV. Ruud, Stam and Park were all signed from PSV and all 3 players were without a doubt excellent signing for us. Hopefully Depay makes it 4/4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

KH25 wrote: »

This is exactly the reason to avoid shopping for English players. Depay is going to cost around the same amount as Lallana(who I rate),it's mind boggling why managers continue to pay that ridiculous tax.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

And so.

It begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

FutureGuy wrote: »
    And so.

It begins.

You're gonna be a busy man over the next couple of weeks aren't you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Stuck behind my desk at the mo. But this is how I am inside:

NSFW

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement