Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont think you ever were behind PSG and Liverpool. Dont think you were behind Bayern either

I did say that I thought he had gotten too big for Liverpool's transfer policy but I didn't want to end up with egg on my face by saying too much.
    It just seemed like another saga to land on Liverpool fans to get the clicks up...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yep - i'm sure people may argue we have overpaid at 21million or whatever it is.

However, I'm not bothered about spending a few million more to get a deal tied up without any fuss. In fact, that has been a negotiating position of United for years. If a deal is kept out of the press and a bidding war is not courted, United have been more willing to pay a bit extra. Remember reading that a while back, think the Hernandez deal was cited. Was probably a Mitten article.

Yeah I remember reading while back that ManUtd pay more and don't hang on transfer fee as long as other club don't leak any news.

Does he use the number 21 shirt and isnt that Herreras number at Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

KH25 wrote: »
    Not a bad price when you consider what the English players are going for these days.

That's about 23m pound sterling. I think that is a fantastic piece of business for one of Europe's hottest talents.

Depay must have been clear in regards where he wanted to go. That easily could have turned into a bidding war. Fair play to Woodward for sealing the deal, and fair play to PSV for not holding out to try start a bidding war.

• FutureGuy wrote: »
    And so.

It begins.

Have you like text alerts setup or something :pac:
    Or did someone call you on the phone :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont think you ever were behind PSG and Liverpool. Dont think you were behind Bayern either.

Sometimes players talk to clubs out of politeness.

With the way the deal has been concluded, I would assume that is correct. My point is that all the press talk and public comments from PSV people over the last two weeks has merely had us expressing an interest while saying PSG and Liverpool, for example, were more concrete in their moves.

Might simply be a PR line that United, Depay and PSV agreed on until the deal was done - or United only made an official move yesterday but due to the relationship between Depay and LVG we were always confident of wrapping it up with minimal fuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Great signing. Well done Woodie and LVG!

tumblr_n0huwqCR6F1rovyoxo1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

How Ed feels right about now..

giphy.gif

FutureGuy wrote: »
    And so.

It begins.

Lead us oh great one, and we shall gladly follow

cf8fd6910cd107d9a9a9da222cf754f0.jpg

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Stuck behind my desk at the mo. But this is how I am inside:

NSFW

Hottest woman in the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yay

statto25 wrote: »
    Great signing. Well done Woodie and LVG!

tumblr_n0huwqCR6F1rovyoxo1_400.jpg

Context man, f*cking context...

Or is Bart a Liverpool fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

This is exactly the reason to avoid shopping for English players. Depay is going to cost around the same amount as Lallana(who I rate),it's mind boggling why managers continue to pay that ridiculous tax.

Home grown rules have a big impact. i shudder to think what Kane would cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd say it was mainly done last Summer tbh and just a case of crossing the Ts this time around. Especially with the quotes last year of LVG telling him to stay at PSV another year.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Have you like text alerts setup or something :pac:
    Or did someone call you on the phone :P

He sensed a great disturbance in the force, a million United fans freaked their **** at once, and then there was silence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

I see the gifs have started to appear - been a while

slmbex.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Liverpool fan on FB yesterday: The lad is class, he'll be a brilliant signing.

Same fan 4 mins ago: Very unproven, crazy money? Not on Raheem's level anyway.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hard not to be delighted with that. 20m is the new 10m with all this TV money imo so happy enough with the price.

kstand wrote: »
    I see the gifs have started to appear - been a while

Just on days when we sign someone can we have loads of 'lovely lass' Kate Upton!
    Game of Phoarrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Does he use the number 21 shirt and isnt that Herreras number at Utd?

Give him the vacant number 11 shirt. Im sure he will be happy

Context man, f*cking context...

Or is Bart a Liverpool fan?

Sh!t forgot about Bart. Yeah hes a massive Liverpool fan! ;):P:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

With the way the deal has been concluded, I would assume that is correct. My point is that all the press talk and public comments from PSV people over the last two weeks has merely had us expressing an interest while saying PSG and Liverpool, for example, were more concrete in their moves.

Might simply be a PR line that United, Depay and PSV agreed on until the deal was done - or United only made an official move yesterday but due to the relationship between Depay and LVG we were always confident of wrapping it up with minimal fuss.

Depay (and Wijnaldum) agreed after the WC to stay at PSV for another year.
    PSV agreed they wouldnt play hardball at the end of this season as long as €25 million was put on the table.

Was never going to be a transfer saga. Clubs offer the right amount, Depay picks the club he wants to go to from those who offer that 25 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

This again goes to how the media have no clue about the dealings within clubs.

Last while they have been saying oh yeah he will be going to Liverpool or psg, no contact from United.
    Next day, signs for utd.

Utd are an extremely well run business.

• Giggsy11 that needs to go into the Humour thread..
    Delighted with that signing, business done in May, can't believe it.
    Looks like LVG want's all his business done well in advance of pre-season
    ****ing delighted for Liverpool also :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

depay great signing, but back to the now, we still need 3 points this weekend or all the depay love will be quickly forgotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Just on days when we sign someone can we have loads of 'lovely lass' Kate Upton!
    Game of Phoarrr!

Absolutely Phoarrr-Phoarrr-TWO! :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That's player name and jersey number sorted then :D

Will it be 21? That's Herreras number?

Give him the vacant number 11 shirt. Im sure he will be happy

Januzaj is #11, so its been more or less vacant. If he goes on loan I'd love to see Depay get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I now expect a new signing to be announced at the end of each week.

• Advertisement

• bangkok wrote: »
    depay great signing, but back to the now, we still need 3 points this weekend or all the depay love will be quickly forgotten

Let us enjoy this moment for at least an hour :P

Buzz Killington!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Good signing and nice to see them getring things done quick, sitting at work sneakily posting, hopefully if the buzz is going still later I can join in on the celebration gif posting :P the best part of a new transfer ;)

Giggsy11 that needs to go into the Humour thread..

I won't post there for sure. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Will it be 21? That's Herreras number?

Depay wears the #7 for PSV, he could be handed any jersey number once he signs for United.

Doc and I can testify to depays insanenes.
    I bought him for football manager and he was runner up in the golden ball awards.
    He went through my last season with an average of 8.4 as an inside forward out left and scored 32 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Great signing for United.

Now I don't need to fork out for him in FM 16!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Let us enjoy this moment for at least an hour :P

Buzz Killington!

ah he was always going to sign, we made the move 2 or 3 weeks ago. good timing all the same

bangkok wrote: »
    ah he was always going to sign, we made the move 2 or 3 weeks ago. good timing all the same

Well yeah of course he was. It's man utd or Liverpool or psg. Hardly a difficult choice. But I can say that about most players.
    But still, was never a done deal.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/thijsslegers/status/596271689585008640

Getting better and better. Fee is 20.5 Million pounds and with bonuses it might go upto 24 Million pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This was pretty much my reaction when I heard the news about Depay

10yyfsv.gif

Exciting signing, I can't wait to see him at United!

Actually while I'm on my media bashing crusade.

Anyone who bashes Woodward or the office people who make these deals go through and calls them clueless and incompetent is an idiot. We have no idea what they are doing in there. It's area ed.

I know we haven't gotten a genuine ed basher in here in a while but every so often it comes up in a different guise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

very positive news, hopefully he turns into the superstar that has the potential to be.

1 down, 4 to go!

DDG
    New RB
    New CB
    Smalling
    Shaw

Herrera
    New CM
    Depay
    Di Maria
    Rooney

New CF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Great to get it sorted so early. Delighted we've signed him - I'm as excited about him as any player we've signed in the last number of years. Think he could be a real star with the right guidance.

Win at the weekend against Palace and the positivity train will be fully back on track!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Very exciting player. Makes me very excited for next season. I'd have liked United to have gotten him cheaper since he seems such a big fan of LVG, but fùck it, he's a class young player.

edit: I see the fee was in fact £20.5m with add ons, that's more reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Woodward rises from his winter hibernation

Signings are coming

It's a terrible signing, that should have been a centre back or centre mid.

There, I said it, I can use that next year if he flops :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

very positive news, hopefully he turns into the superstar that has the potential to be.

1 down, 4 to go!

DDG
    New RB
    New CB
    Smalling
    Shaw

Herrera
    New CM
    Depay
    Di Maria
    Rooney

New CF