Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Put on my adidas boots and I
    Boarded the plane
    Touched down in the land of Manchester
    In the middle of Van Gaals reign

Oh we were scoring with Memphis..
    We were scoring from all over with Depay on the field
    Scoring with Memphis.
    Do I really feel the way I feel?

I'm having a massively productive day at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

stankratz wrote: »

Now all we need is somebody to convert those chances created.No more strikers in midfield please Louis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Now we just need a CM, CB and RB. Can't wait to see who's next. While we're raising Dirtmund for Hummels and Gundogan we should grab Reus on the way out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

zerks wrote: »
    Now all we need is somebody to convert those chances created.No more strikers in midfield please Louis.

It'll be grand, following the trend of Rooney dropping deeper each season, he should be at CB next season.

De Gea
    --Ramos--Smalling--Rooney----Shaw--
    Carrick

Herrera
    Di Maria
    --Nani
    Depay--
    Fellaini

Boom, treble, done. Max for manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can Depay play left back?

The 5 he already bought aren't enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

KH25 wrote: »
    Now we just need a CM, CB and RB. Can't wait to see who's next. While we're raising Dirtmund for Hummels and Gundogan we should grab Reus on the way out too.

Buy two get one free maybe?

Bild and few other papers were reporting that gundogan and hummels deals were very close if thats true we would be well on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No embedded scantily clad lady gifs/pics folks, most people browse this forum from work

Is this acceptable as a celebration picture to suit everyone :P?
    image010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can Depay play left back?

The 5 he already bought aren't enough

6 if you count Falcao...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wasting company time on boards? should be sacked, immediately.

I'm on a JobBridge :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

The club has always followed this strategy. The only thing that forced signings to be later in the window over the last 2 years is the fact we had 2 new managers. New managers, new targets.

They may have always followed it but they have been woefully bad at executing it - can think of a handful of players we've bought in early summer in the last 15 years (RVN one - also PSV so maybe its more to do with the Dutch doing business)

Go to the pub so,what's the worst that can happen? We'll mind this place for you aswell.;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Depay interview.
    Memphis: "This is a dream come true"
    PSV and Manchester United reached Thursday an agreement on the transfer of Memphis to the English club. "Playing for United is a dream come true," said Memphis PSV TV.

Congratulations to the group
    "The club and I agree with Manchester United. It's really fantastic. This is a huge step towards a big league, "Memphis told PSV TV. At the training, the attacker was congratulated by head coach Phillip Cocu and his teammates. "That did something to me. It says a lot about the team that all the guys come to me to congratulate me. "

Development PSV
    Memphis played from the D-youth at PSV and realizes what a development he has made ​​at PSV. "I have gone through everything. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears, but eventually I grew as a person and as a player. There is a lot of beautiful things come out. "

Twice throttle
    PSV two games this season, starting with the home game Sunday against Heracles Almelo. "It is special that this will be my last home game. I want to give everything twice. We can break records and I can still be top scorer. It is all enjoy it, so it'll be good, "Memphis decided PSV TV.

http://www.psv.nl/psv/nieuws/artikel/memphis-dit-is-een-droom-die-uitkomt.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

So this means no Bale, right? Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

This is hilarious!!!!

• zerks wrote: »

No twitter in work Zerks, give me a few teasers for the lolz please

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Coat22 wrote: »
    They may have always followed it but they have been woefully bad at executing it - can think of a handful of players we've bought in early summer in the last 15 years (RVN one - also PSV so maybe its more to do with the Dutch doing business)

Shaw and Herrera were pretty much done by the end of last season. Only the world cup held up Shaw signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

It sounds stupid I know, but I think the whole jersey switching to Adidas will be good too, new kit (completely different to the last few nikes), new players, new season. Seeing a team of new faces in a different kit and with VG in charge will make it feel more like a fresh start after two up and down seasons. Just my opinion and you can call me deluded or crazy if you want ha.

Getting Depay is great, hopefully we can beat Palace, Chelsea do a number on Liverpool and secure fourth. Then just call it a year and focus on coming back with a chance of challenging for the title again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Apologies if it's already been posted, but here's what PSV's Sporting Director said regarding the Depay transfer:
    "We are very proud of this upcoming transfer, which came in a huge momentum," PSV's sporting director Marcel Brands told the Dutch club's official website.
    "Memphis has gone through all the teams of the PSV youth academy and has played an important part in the national title this year.
    "He's a wonderful exponent of our training and will make a nice transition to a magnificent club in a beautiful competition.
    "We obviously lose a fantastic player, which is of great value to the team. But PSV grants him this wonderful step."

Nice to see a club have such pride in itself and its players, I thought his comments were classy.

• Woodie this evening...

nFC6nwQ.jpg

*edit* just spotted mickeroos post
    Not sure if acceptable post....delete?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Apologies if it's already been posted, but here's what PSV's Sporting Director said regarding the Depay transfer:

Nice to see a club have such pride in itself and its players, I thought his comments were classy.

It's contrasting with most English clubs where he would be vilified and milked for every last penny. Refreshing attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

PSV players congratulating Depay

CEaDayiW8AEJWnD.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

so whos place now will depay take either youngs or fellainis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Coat22 wrote: »

Sorry I should have been clearer, I meant having signings wrapped up by June/early July, not May. That doesn't happen all that often to be fair.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was out all morning, so was scared to see why there had been 17 pages....and the fear has turned to utter glee. So, so happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

https://twitter.com/kpsundayworld/status/596303004317458434

Could be something happening with Clyne soon enough by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Really? I'm practically your boss so.. Celebration skimpy Gifs for everyone :pac:

To be fair to Liverpool fans at least they are directing their anger constructively rather than the usual "Depay is shít anyway"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I imagine the frustration for pool fans today will be huge. its like the owners have no ambition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Thought there was something about Clyne not leaving this summer earlier this week. Must've been nonsense.

Thought there was something about Clyne not leaving this summer earlier this week. Must've been nonsense.

I think there were apparent quotes from Clyne saying he was happy at Southampton, not sure how accurate they were or the context though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think there were apparent quotes from Clyne saying he was happy at Southampton, not sure how accurate they were or the context though.

He said he was happy to stay, but so do the majority of players before they leave. It's called keeping all options open.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No twitter in work Zerks, give me a few teasers for the lolz please

#LFC reportedly been sending a delegation to watch Depay and talk to his people for 18 months. Utd just waltz in and get him. Club's a joke

"We showed great character in trying to sign Depay but sometimes you can want to sign a player too much."

The Liverpool transfer joke continues. United get Depay and we'll get Danny Ings for 55 million quid.

One meeting with Rodgers was all it took for Depay to decide against us, I bet.

Loads more here: http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/liverpool-fans-furious-after-missing-out-on-memphis-depay-to-man-united-best-tweets/?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ashley young cant be happy with this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

PSV are a really classy club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I imagine the frustration for pool fans today will be huge. its like the owners have no ambition.

I don't see how they can lay this one at the door of the owners although they might try.

It's pretty inconceivable that Depay would choose a non champions league club (more likely than not) ahead of a champions league club managed by his former national team coach (who gave him his international debut), who is also a Dutch legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was out all morning, so was scared to see why there had been 17 pages....and the fear has turned to utter glee. So, so happy :D

Transfer process on boards coming together.
    FutureGuy says who we are not signing,
    TSC goes away for a few hours and leaves us to our own devices,*
    Zerks starts working on the celebratory gifs,

Then BOOM, new player.

*Is Lord TSC Ed Woodward?

He's 30 in the summer, he's never got the end product in order either 90 games 10 goals in the league is very poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Reportedly about to pen a new three year deal, with a pay cut. Before pen goes to paper, I'm sure he will be advised of his future. Probably wouldn't get into another top team in England or Europe despite been immense this season, so probably smart move for him to stay if he is welcome too.

And as with any Van Gaal team, there is no guarantees for Depay, he will have to show early he is deserving to usurp Young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United had scouts over in Spain to watch Aymeric Laporte, and it is claimed they are keen to sign him. While Van Gaal also wants a ball playing defender in Hummels, according to Squawka.

• Ashley young cant be happy with this

From what I remember Young has been played as a LB this season and I thought he done well.
    The defensive side of his game has generally improved (I have a feeling LVG has encouraged this)
    Depay could play in front of him
    I wouldn't be overly concerned if I was Young as he still has a place in the squad IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'd say at this stage in his career Young might be happy enough as backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

paulbok wrote: »

I've never seen them both in the same place at the same time!!!! have you?

TheDoc wrote: »
    Reportedly about to pen a new three year deal, with a pay cut. Before pen goes to paper, I'm sure he will be advised of his future. Probably wouldn't get into another top team in England or Europe despite been immense this season, so probably smart move for him to stay if he is welcome too.

And as with any Van Gaal team, there is no guarantees for Depay, he will have to show early he is deserving to usurp Young.

Immense? really? I would say pretty decent at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I've never seen them both in the same place at the same time!!!! have you?

Now that you ask, I don't think I ever have.

• paulbok wrote: »
    Transfer process on boards coming together.
    FutureGuy gets a call from Lord TSC (Woodie) then posts on boards who we are not signing,
    TSC goes away for a few hours and leaves us to our own devices,*
    Zerks starts working on the celebratory gifs,

Then BOOM, new player.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Young will stay unless he wants to go. He's good to have as backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

RobertKK wrote: »
    United had scouts over in Spain to watch Aymeric Laporte, and it is claimed they are keen to sign him. While Van Gaal also wants a ball playing defender in Hummels, according to Squawka.

One or the other for me i think Smalling has done more than enough to show he is good enough and will keep improving with regular first team football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

A year too late for that one.
    Can somebody please bring me a tiny violin, Ashley Young might be unhappy!

Delighted with the news this morning, I haven't watched Depay but its good to see United targeting the right type of player, I'd far rather we spend this kind of money on a young, exciting talent than overpay for the likes of Di Maria/Falcao, Cavani. Hopefully he comes in and performs for us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement