Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Schalke playing through Madrid while chasing a goal. Not resorting to long balls.

They played a few but Hunt actually wins the ball in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I hate to be that guy but if you ever wanted evidence that English football is falling behind the rest of Europe, you just have to look at tonights game compared to last nights. Neither ourselves or the Arsenal would've had the players to cut through Madrid like Schalke did. English football has become far too attritional and its hurting the top teams CL performances the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Free Cristiano. Bring him home

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Ancellotti will most likely be gone in the summer ,would love to have him at OT.

Anyone else feel Huntelaar could have become so much more? Went to wrong clubs at the wrong times, I think he'd have suited the PL nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Bale looking unhappy at Madrid. I'd say he'd love a move back to England but Madrid would want most of his ridiculous transfer fee back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Andy cole life stories on now itv 4, utd legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Ancellotti will most likely be gone in the summer ,would love to have him at OT.

Love him myself. Who would Madrid even replace him with at this stage?

Van Gaal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Van Gaal

We could offer them a swap. Van Gaal for Ancelotti...

...and Bale,

...and Ronaldo.
    :pac:

Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

thelad95 wrote: »
    I hate to be that guy but if you ever wanted evidence that English football is falling behind the rest of Europe, you just have to look at tonights game compared to last nights. Neither ourselves or the Arsenal would've had the players to cut through Madrid like Schalke did. English football has become far too attritional and its hurting the top teams CL performances the last few years.

LOL, Arsenal are absolute miles ahead of Schalke.

TheDoc wrote: »
    ............ Nine games left to go

Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Arsenal are within those nine games.

Everton,Villa, West Brom and Palace are the others.

Secure top 4 from here and it would actually be a remarkable achievement. I think at best, we can afford to drop six points in total. And that praying for slip ups.

I've some good news for you, I believe Utd have 10 games to go not 9 :) (you omitted the Hull game)

So I'm not sure if you reckon ye need 24 from the available 30 or 21 from the 27 points you thought remained.

I imagine it's 21 points as that would bring Utd to 74 points, to be fair that would require a ppg improvement of 0.2 compared to Utds ppg for the season to date, considering the 5 fixtures you listed first I can understand why you reckon it would be remarkable to an extent.

However the bookies have it down almost as a coin toss with Utd being heads and Liverpool being tails, not quite a coin toss as Utd are odds on while Liverpool are odds against.

I have no doubt Liverpool will drop some points from here to season's end, however I don't anticipate the whoopsie you are hoping for.

Zidane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Not sure maybe They might do something mad like appoint Zidane ? Did anyone see falcao tonight I heard he had a shocker for the under 21's. Could be the final nail in the coffin.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »

Same arsenal that got taught a lesson by Monaco...

Liam O wrote: »

No they're not. Arsenal are a million miles off beating Madrid in the Bernabeau.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Must be mad for Falcao, a couple of seasons ago arguably the best striker in the world a few years later in what should be his prime and he's playing with the under 21s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Did anyone see falcao tonight I heard he had a shocker for the under 21's. Could be the final nail in the coffin.

I'm no tactical genius tbf,but IMHO, he didn't get the service at all, he was on the shoulder of the defenders looking for the ball alot, making runs etc but as soon as we got into the final third it either got played back or a shot was tried,

He looked well pissed off when he was subbed,

Our system just doesn't suit his style at all I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tonights game was like a completely different sport to that rubbish last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Not sure maybe They might do something mad like appoint Zidane ? Did anyone see falcao tonight I heard he had a shocker for the under 21's. Could be the final nail in the coffin.

Didn't watch it myself and I know ya need to take redcaf with a pinch of salt, but a few on there said it looked like he only came back from injury now and not 8 months ago, ball kept bouncing off him and couldnt keep it under control, kept getting muscled off the ball by an 18 year old and got in the way of 2 possible goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

No they're not. Arsenal are a million miles off beating Madrid in the Bernabeau.

Arsenal have Sanchez and Ozil, 2 of the best attacking players in the world. The only position they are weak in now is defensive midfield and not if Coquelin can continue his form. They had an off day against Monaco but in the last few months they have been generally great and are constantly improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Silly talk, plenty of teams capable of beating Madrid at home. They beat Munich away last year so why not Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

anybody like to have a go at predicting the final top 7 in order?

Chelsea
    City
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Man Utd
    Spurs
    Southampton

Liverpool have the momentum and I reckon Arsenal will get a confidence boost from that win and (most likely) being out of Europe. Spurs to fall away a bit from tiredness/inevitable Kane dry spell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Very true. No hope in the big away games, that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

bangkok wrote: »
    maybe there is some rule that allows him to play u21's?
    Following on from my posts earlier, the lad who was in my class Kenny McEvoy, scored for spurs tonight, he's actually on loan at colchester but somehow played tonight to add to the weirdness.

IIRC there is something like youth loan where player can play for U21s and also for the team he is loaned out to. Few of our players who went on loan used to play for U21s

gosplan wrote: »
    Very true. No hope in the big away games, that lot.

You can take all the cheap shots you want but the post was correct. When was the last time won a tie in KO stages of CL?

Arsenal record in CL is atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    You can take all the cheap shots you want but the post was correct. When was the last time won a tie in KO stages of CL?

Arsenal record in CL is atrocious.

Has been 4 seasons, possibly 5 if we don't get through this season. While not ideal it was hardly against Mickey Mouse clubs and to say it is atrocious is a bit harsh I'd say. Barcelona and Bayern Munich twice were the opposition, they would have swept aside Man Utd in them years too.

Has been 4 seasons, possibly 5 if we don't get through this season. While not ideal it was hardly against Mickey Mouse clubs and to say it is atrocious is a bit harsh I'd say. Barcelona and Bayern Munich twice were the opposition, they would have swept aside Man Utd in them years too.

There is a reason why Arsenal faced those teams in 4 years, it's because you didn't win your group.

• Advertisement

fantastic goal and with his left foot... I hope Valencia was watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

fantastic goal and with his left foot... I hope Valencia was watching

He was facing the other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Some fall from grace for Falcao.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Some fall from grace for Falcao.

yea its quite sad really, to think we have one of the best goal poachers in the world in our squad and he is getting treated the way he is, being asked to play for the u21's in front of a few hundred people. humiliating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

yea its quite sad really, to think we have one of the best goal poachers in the world in our squad and he is getting treated the way he is, being asked to play for the u21's in front of a few hundred people. humiliating.

Getting treated the way he is? Ffs.

Well if he had been scoring the last few months he wouldn't be there. It a disgrace the way he is treating us.

Also could just be for match fitness for the upcoming matches, but I guess over reaction is your go to response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

yea its quite sad really, to think we have formerly one of the best goal poachers in the world in our squad and he is playing the way he is, being asked to play for the u21's in front of a few hundred people. Unfortunate.

fyp

Yeah so humiliating when he is scoring for fun for senior team, he was asked to play for U21.

He hardly played any games because he was so ****, so there was nothing wrong in playing for u21 to get some match fitness, sadly he was as worse for U21 as he was for senior team. He is finished and far from the lethal player he once was.

Well if he had been scoring the last few months he wouldn't be there. It a disgrace the way he is treating us.

Also could just be for match fitness for the upcoming matches, but I guess over reaction is your go to response.

hard to score when you are on the bench or the team is not creating chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Watching the Arsenal game the other night I was struck by the fact that transfers fees really have become crazy,even in comparison to say 5 yrs ago.
    You had Blind trying manfully to keep up with the pace of the game(IMO he should have gone off for Carrick).Don't get me wrong Blind is a useful squad player but if you compare his impact this season with that of Alex Song at WH...who cost a lot less,WH invested their money more efficiently.
    I like Herrera but he needs to be trusted by LVG and I don't think that's the case.If LVG doesn't see Mata in his plans he may as well just try and move him on for most they can get in the summer....and please stop this s*** of the long ball up to Fellaini when all else fails.Schalke with much less 'heralded' players passed their way on the ground through Real Madrid last night and got 4 goals from it!.......as for Falcao I feel sorry for him as his game is all about running off shoulder of last defender or getting into 6 yard box and Utd pass the ball around too slowly in midfield before looking forward...
    As for Di Maria....I think he will be well settled in for next season.In fairness to him footballers are only human too and the carry on of his home been targeted for burglary is bound to have unsettled him and his family.
    Last but least in terms of impact Luke Shaw,am prepared to look at the long term picture with him,in a way it's not his fault his transfer fee was so big as there's always a premium for English talents.Hope I am wrong but he strikes me as a lad with a possible attitude of 'I've made it and now I can relax'.....he has great pace,good tackling ability a great left foot,it's only his positional sense that is dodgy so I would hope that in say 2 years time he has really come on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Ah here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

All I can say is lol, every post you make brightens my day but lessens my existence :)

Or when through on goal and poke it wide.

Id say he scored a million so last night playing against young lads. How did last night work out for him?

You can just admit it may have been for match fitness. We could always just cancel the loan deal.

Ah here.

I was doing a reverse Bangkok.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yeah so humiliating when he is scoring for fun for senior team, he was asked to play for U21.

He hardly played any games because he was so ****, so there was nothing wrong in playing for u21 to get some match fitness, sadly he was as worse for U21 as he was for senior team. He is finished and far from the lethal player he once was.

only time will tell, if he signs for real Madrid next season or Juventus or some other top European team I think you will see the real falcao.

he could still play a huge part in the remainder of our season. He has too much quality to not succeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I wonder what the reaction would be if we went ahead and purchased Falcao :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel Huntelaar could have become so much more? Went to wrong clubs at the wrong times, I think he'd have suited the PL nicely.

Was always a big fan of his and wished we had of snapped him up before he went to Madrid.

I don't blame him for trying his hand for Madrid and then Milan. You have to back yourself and your ability to succeed, and I thought he even did well for both, but was always being brought in as a backup striker rather then the main man.

For 20 million, id be content about it. Don't think it would rustle too many jimmies at that price.

He has been alright this year and worked hard and some isn't his fault but we shouldn't be relying on him for the next run of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Is the £43m fee negotiable? Because if it is I wouldn't mind seeing at least a bid made so long as we got wingers and a midfielder to make it work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

I was doing a reverse Bangkok.

elobrepyh ;)

Or when through on goal and poke it wide.

Id say he scored a million so last night playing against young lads. How did last night work out for him?

You can just admit it may have been for match fitness. We could always just cancel the loan deal.

1 chance? How many 1 on 1's has he had this season? id say lest than 3.
    Clearcut chances? less than 10.

we are creating nothing for him, or for our other strikers.

Rooney is our top scorer this season on 11 goals.

Harry Kane has 26 ffs, more than rooney, van persie and falcao combined

loan is for the season, why would we cancel it?

He can get match fitness by playing with the first team, the whole reason we signed him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement