Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

TheDoc wrote: »
    Van Gaal has changed tact a few times this season alright. I don't know specifically what it is. Maybe the players arn't learning the way he wants, or maybe don't possess what he needs.

The feeling has grown throughout the year that he is not the sort of guy who is going to take whats put in front of him, and get 110% out of it. I think he has numerous systems and formations, and that he tries to convert and try various players in these positions, but ultimately I think he needs to identify and bring in players with the specific traits he needs.

I suppose the added benefit of having a season to see the squad, he will be in a good place to know what he needs specifically. He didn't get that much time pre-season.

Also I'm not utterly convinced all our signings was his doing, if maybe there was some pressure from top to buy some marquee names to flex our muscles a bit. The clear issues with Shaw, and the issue with Herrera, indicate while the manager said he "signed" them off, there might have been pressure from above due to the work that had gone into them before he was announced.

Blind and Rojo are the only clear indications for me of "Van Gaal" signings and you can see the multi purpose function of both.

However maybe now it will be clear to the board from Van Gaal, that they need to get who he wants, not what they want, if they want to succeed. All just speculative of course, but maybe rather than it being a manager staying the axe, it's actually a really good insight into the transfers that occured last summer(or I'm reading too much into it)

Its actually quite common for a lot of top clubs to sign players irrespective of what the manager wants. Does anybody think Madrid, Barca or Bayern only sign who their managers want ?

There is also more then one reason to sign a player. The cynic in me always thought that Hernandez and Kagawa were great merchandising signings. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't say I am totally wrong in other cases.

LVG was told United were signing Herrera and Shaw, its stupid to argue otherwise. He was used to this kind of management in other clubs, it was just unusual for United to do it, but since SAF left, things are changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

We need the players who want to come to United,

DiMaria and Falcao did not

Edited post for sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

5starpool wrote: »
    So he is saying "I know we are playing rubbish now, but we'll be more entertaining next season, honest". Strange statement. Does that apply if utd achieve their aims of CL places this season, or even if they miss out? Why has he not used the weeks between games to develop that style this season?

All the talk of players taking time to understand Van Gaal's ideas and tactics is a smokescreen. The reason the team aren't playing well is because LVG's transfers were rubbish and he's now in a situation where his core tactics (the ones he he'll never compromise) won't work with a lot of the players he has.

Tbf we can't be sure whether LVG has genuinely been in charge of transfers or not. If not then the club is fairly fùcked. If he was in charge of the transfers then it looks like LVG is fairly wasteful in how he builds a squad, but he could still muddle through given more money and time.

Vic Vinegar linked this post from Red Cafe the other day. It's a nice detailed explanation of LVG's tactics that explains a lot of the odd choices this season, but also shows how far away the squad is from what LVG needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

However maybe now it will be clear to the board from Van Gaal, that they need to get who he wants, not what they want, if they want to succeed. All just speculative of course, but maybe rather than it being a manager staying the axe, it's actually a really good insight into the transfers that occured last summer(or I'm reading too much into it)

I'd agree with all of what you just said as we must remember Van Gall was still at the WC when shaw was signed and Herrea? So he was prob told these areas needed stregthening as we were chronically short which we kind of were especially at left back.

He did mention Di Maria in a press conference before we signed him saying we needed a winger so there is a chance he did want him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Get out of it. Our squad then and now were easily capable of a meager top four finish, its only some pretty horrific mismanagement that sees us in our current position.

The squad was not without its issues, but compared to our rivals we did and still have a wealth of talent available, talent that even now our rivals would love to have available themselves.

As a general comment

Do we put the blame in front of managers for a horrendous dip in confidence/performance, or do we blame the players, or do we split it?

We are close to concluding two seasons now, where the squad as a hole has been extremely poor and unable to capture what I'd consider to be their basic standard, under two different managers.

Felt pretty strongly that last year the players really let the club down, but this year I'm not so sure. Yeah the standard is dire, but there is probably mitigating circumstances. I still always feel weird about pointing the finger straight at the management, without looking into the player base first.

Pro. F wrote: »
    All the talk of players taking time to understand Van Gaal's ideas and tactics is a smokescreen. The reason the team aren't playing well is because LVG's transfers were rubbish and he's now in a situation where his core tactics (the ones he he'll never compromise) won't work with a lot of the players he has.

Tbf we can't be sure whether LVG has genuinely been in charge of transfers or not. If not then the club is fairly fùcked. If he was in charge of the transfers then it looks like LVG is fairly wasteful in how he builds a squad, but he could still muddle through given more money and time.

Vic Vinegar linked this post from Red Cafe the other day. It's a nice detailed explanation of LVG's tactics that explains a lot of the odd choices this season, but also shows how far away the squad is from what LVG needs.

This.........

IF we are to stick with LVG and his tactics we need a complete clearout of the first team at a loss and buy the players who will fit in

-or-

Keep the player we have and get rid of LVG at the end of the season and replace him with a manager who have different tactic to suit the team

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    This.........

IF we are to stick with LVG and his tactics we need a complete clearout of the first team at a loss and buy the players who will fit in

-or-

Keep the player we have and get rid of LVG at the end of the season and replace him with a manager who have different tactic to suit the team

Number 1 is why they club will stick with LVG.

You cannot sell an entire squad in one season. I have to believe that the owners and SAF discussed the squad and the kind of football that LVG was going to play and what kind of players he needed.

They must of known what sort of surgery would be required on the squad because if they didn't, they didn't do their due diligence when hiring LVG.

If they fire LVG and hire a manager who "fits the squad" I would ask why they didn't just do that last summer . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The feeling has grown throughout the year that he is not the sort of guy who is going to take whats put in front of him, and get 110% out of it. I think he has numerous systems and formations, and that he tries to convert and try various players in these positions, but ultimately I think he needs to identify and bring in players with the specific traits he needs.

The obvious problem with this is that after a serious clear out, including the departure of good young players like Rafael, and after spending a lot of money we end up with a squad tailored exclusively to Luis Van Gaal.

It better work out, because if we do that and LVG still can't get his point across we will end up in a worse position than last year.

So the question becomes how long is Van Gaal staying at this club? He is 63 I believe? If he is going to rip the team up and build it in his image then really he needs to stay 5+ years. Will that be the case?

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Its actually quite common for a lot of top clubs to sign players irrespective of what the manager wants. Does anybody think Madrid, Barca or Bayern only sign who their managers want ?.

Well that is different.

Barca and Bayern operate a director of football system, but there is collaboration with the manager in most cases. With Barca not so much since they have been going through some relatively fresh managers, but when Guardiola was there he had input into signings, like he does now at Bayern.

Madrid is a basket case.

There are plenty of clubs that operate like that, of course I know that.

But United is not a club that has previously, or has been advertised now, as a club that operates a policy where the board make the purchases.

Appreciate with the sums of money in play now, that it actually is probably inevitable for the director/transfer board model to be widespread everywhere. I dopn't think its logical to simply hand over €150m to one person, who might not work out, its a big risk.

But I would be shocked to learn our club operates like that, as we don't have an infrastructure of experience whereby you would trust anyone above the level of manager, to make a signing entirely on their own that would have meaningful, beneficial impact to the team.

As a general comment

Do we put the blame in front of managers for a horrendous dip in confidence/performance, or do we blame the players, or do we split it?

We are close to concluding two seasons now, where the squad as a hole has been extremely poor and unable to capture what I'd consider to be their basic standard, under two different managers.

Felt pretty strongly that last year the players really let the club down, but this year I'm not so sure. Yeah the standard is dire, but there is probably mitigating circumstances. I still always feel weird about pointing the finger straight at the management, without looking into the player base first.

Imo when we say at the start of the season "These particular formations and tactics that the manager is trying won't work with these particular players for these particular reasons" and then as the season unfolds the problems we outlined come to pass, then I think it's fair to point the finger squarely at the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

As a general comment

Last season I recall feeling that players often looked uninterested or unmotivated, though at this stage I can't think of specific examples.

This season I don't think that's the case. Though, often the team looks a bit lost, like they're not really sure what they're meant to be doing, particularly when building up an attack.

You have players hanging on to the ball for too long and then playing it back, as if they can't make up their mind. Or playing passes to players who aren't where they think they are, etc.

What I'm seeing on the pitch seems to ring true to the post Pro. F was talking about earlier - as if the players have quite specific instructions that go against their footballing instincts.

I was in the same camp as yourself last year, I felt the squad weren't trying hard enough and had to shoulder some of the blame. But this year, everyone looks like they're working their balls off and it's just not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

What about between 2010 and 2013? DM took over the squad that had been changed between these years, not a 2010 swashbuckling United. .

still one of the best sides in Europe, but it had peaked just before that 2008-10

2010/11 premier league champions, champions league runners up

2011/12 lost the title on goal difference, finished the league with 89 pts

2012/13 premier league champions

Well that is different.

Barca and Bayern operate a director of football system, but there is collaboration with the manager in most cases. With Barca not so much since they have been going through some relatively fresh managers, but when Guardiola was there he had input into signings, like he does now at Bayern.

Madrid is a basket case.

There are plenty of clubs that operate like that, of course I know that.

But United is not a club that has previously, or has been advertised now, as a club that operates a policy where the board make the purchases.

Appreciate with the sums of money in play now, that it actually is probably inevitable for the director/transfer board model to be widespread everywhere. I dopn't think its logical to simply hand over €150m to one person, who might not work out, its a big risk.

But I would be shocked to learn our club operates like that, as we don't have an infrastructure of experience whereby you would trust anyone above the level of manager, to make a signing entirely on their own that would have meaningful, beneficial impact to the team.

I agree to a point, but it does highlight the changes that have to be considered since SAF left. It was easy to let him decide on all purchases and he seemed happy to sign yellowpack players with potential.

Its also important to note that it wasn't just SAF whom left it was the CEO. Woodward is an inexperienced Glazer man whom is tasked with getting the targeted players.

Its not clear if Mata was a club target or simply an opportunistic purchase. Herrera and Shaw had been monitored long before LVG joined and its hard to see how a perfectionist like LVG would want to purchase players he knows very little about.

Blind is the main purchase of last season who is obviously an LVG player. Di Maria does not look as much an obvious player for LVG. World class players like him are difficult to turn down, but would he of been a priority target or more like a Mata opportunistic signing?

This.........

-or-

Ah I don't think LVG would need that extreme a change in the squad. He'd just need to add two or three midfielders and two or three defenders. It's just terribly wasteful since he'd be doing that having already spent huge sums last summer.

• Advertisement

As a general comment

We have to look at the management, both Moyes and now LVG. Its either that or convince ourselves that the likes of Mata, Rooney, Van Persie, Di Maria, Rafael, Shaw, Jones, Evans are all rubbish players bluffing a wage.

Except all those players have history that shows their talent, they aren't bluffers, they are proven quality footballers. We just aren't getting the best from them.

bangkok wrote: »
    still one of the best sides in Europe, but it had peaked just before that 2008-10

You made the point about them playing great football up to 2010. Why are you making a different point now ?

Why are you arguing a point I haven't disputed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

We need the players who want to come to United,

DiMaria and Falcao did not

That's weird.
    I forgot they totally forfeited their free will.

bangkok wrote: »

The side Moyes inherited were not one of the best squads in Europe, do we really need to go there again.

There was warnings signs for that squad as they coasted through one of the worst premier league seasons in memory and they all came to pass at once.

It's all being grand speculating on the impossible saying that " The squad was more then capable of finishing in the top 4", I could also say that the club got exactly what it was planning for. It's all conjecture in the end since we will never know, or could never possibly know.

As this season has gone on it's been further vindication for Moyes in my book, as much as there is staunch opinions he was the problem, can't comprahend how many intelligent posters here can never conceed or even entertain what I'm peddling when it came to him last year.

Ah I don't think LVG would need that extreme a change in the squad. He'd just need to add two or three midfielders and two or three defenders. It's just terribly wasteful since he'd be doing that having already spent huge sums last summer.

Thats the thing. Rojo and Herrera wanted to join United and Im happy we bought both.

Mata , DiMaria and Falcao ( 6m Loan ) were being ditched by their clubs and found a safe haven in United. These are expensive mistakes.

• Advertisement

You made the point about them playing great football up to 2010. Why are you making a different point now ?

Why are you arguing a point I haven't disputed?

you asked me what about 2010-13?

wasn't as good as before that but it was still good football.

I agree to a point, but it does highlight the changes that have to be considered since SAF left. It was easy to let him decide on all purchases and he seemed happy to sign yellowpack players with potential.

Its also important to note that it wasn't just SAF whom left it was the CEO. Woodward is an inexperienced Glazer man whom is tasked with getting the targeted players.

Its not clear if Mata was a club target or simply an opportunistic purchase. Herrera and Shaw had been monitored long before LVG joined and its hard to see how a perfectionist like LVG would want to purchase players he knows very little about.

Blind is the main purchase of last season who is obviously an LVG player. Di Maria does not look as much an obvious player for LVG. World class players like him are difficult to turn down, but would he of been a priority target or more like a Mata opportunistic signing?

In fairness hard to turn down Mata when he became available, he was a stand out domestic player for two seasons.

I was convinced that if Moyes hit the summer, Van Persie would be gone, Rooney would be leading the line, and that Mata would be behind him. Thought he was drifting towards something like a 4-2-3-1 where Mata, Herrera and Januzaj would fit into that trio. Carrick alongside Kroos/Fabregas behind.

Obviously all subjective to landing those targets, but there was that interesting little read where Moyes was speaking about the people he was planning to chase in the summer, and you could see a pretty decent thing taking shape.

Thats the thing. Rojo and Herrera wanted to join United and Im happy we bought both.

Mata , DiMaria and Falcao ( 6m Loan ) were being ditched by their clubs and found a safe haven in United. These are expensive mistakes.

You want our whole first team sold yeah?

Who will want to come to a club that shows such a blatant disrespect to it's employees?

Who would you sign so?

The side Moyes inherited were not one of the best squads in Europe, do we really need to go there again.

There was warnings signs for that squad as they coasted through one of the worst premier league seasons in memory and they all came to pass at once.

It's all being grand speculating on the impossible saying that " The squad was more then capable of finishing in the top 4", I could also say that the club got exactly what it was planning for. It's all conjecture in the end since we will never know, or could never possibly know.

As this season has gone on it's been further vindication for Moyes in my book, as much as there is staunch opinions he was the problem, can't comprahend how many intelligent posters here can never conceed or even entertain what I'm peddling when it came to him last year.

I would say quality wise, this season will be up there as one of the worst seasons in premier league history. So many games are just a battle, no real skill or quality on show. Did you see PSG last night (just using them as an example as it is fresh in the memory) but no team passed the ball this season the way PSG played last night. Even down to 10 men, pass, pass pass. Laurent Blanc on the sideline making sure players didn't panic and they stuck to their game plan. Was brilliant to see.

That's weird.
    I forgot they totally forfeited their free will.

Both had not planned to leave their clubs

They were getting kicked out.

By the way, on a totally separate point. I just realised today ( I probably knew but maybe only remembered today)

Shaw is on a 120k a week contract......

I know it's silly to relate performances to wages/transfer fees, but ****ing hell that's a disappointing return for that amount of money including what was probably outrageous incentives with his 30m transfer fee.

At least Young has gone someway to justify his wage this season.

Joys of endless money pits I spose

Both had not planned to leave their clubs

They were getting kicked out.

Well, they have to agree to leave first and then agree to join another club.

Or am I wrong in how contracts work?

Every fùcking season we are told is the worst season in PL history. There's always some argument that that view suits.

You are telling me that both these players left their clubs because they wanted to play for united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Clearly the Daily Mail throw's a dart at the fabled Transfer Window dartboard. Whoever it lands on is being sold, and then they spin the roulette wheel of clubs and wherever the comically themed football lands, the player is sold to.

Simple really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You are telling me that both these players left their clubs because they wanted to play for united

They certainly wanted to play for United more than they wanted to not-play for their previous clubs anyway.

I want the players who don't fit this system out or the manager out.

You can currently see it doesn't work having both

We have won 90 of our games by luck and luck alone

This is not United's way

It's a 100% true statement.

Both those players left their respective clubs of their own free will and are now contracted as utd players.

They didn't have to leave if they didn't want to.

So what players would you sign as our new first 11, just remember they can't be household names.

They certainly wanted to play for United more than they wanted to not-play for their previous clubs anyway.

Of course... At the end of the transfer season. Take what your given

By the time LVG came in our defence and midfield needed improvement to get to a title challenging quality.
    We needed two cbs, 2 lbs, dm, cm, rb and a winger

Blind covered lb and dm, shaw lb, rojo cb, herrea cm di maria winger so still needed a cb and rb

One problem has been the players signed either havent been up to standard or have under performed.

Between still not having a quality enough squad, many new players adapting to a new league and a squad that didnt have players to suit our managers system we get the mess that has been this season even though we have spent a lot of money.

I really see no other option than to ride it out with LVG as at least he surely has a plan to fix the squad over the summer and even if it didnt work out we should be left with a more balanced and qualitity squad then when he arrived.

In fairness hard to turn down Mata when he became available, he was a stand out domestic player for two seasons.

I was convinced that if Moyes hit the summer, Van Persie would be gone, Rooney would be leading the line, and that Mata would be behind him. Thought he was drifting towards something like a 4-2-3-1 where Mata, Herrera and Januzaj would fit into that trio. Carrick alongside Kroos/Fabregas behind.

Obviously all subjective to landing those targets, but there was that interesting little read where Moyes was speaking about the people he was planning to chase in the summer, and you could see a pretty decent thing taking shape.

Cant believe there is another united fan that thinks Moyes was given a raw deal. . Agree completely with you on this . .

I always maintained that I felt the owners didn't fully back DM, that the players had a huge bearing on his sacking (underperforming and undermining Moyes) and that had DM gotten another year we would of seen a massive clear-out (that we saw) and a much improved team.

As you said, its all subjective at this stage and we have all moved on. Its just remarkable how the sheep mentality of "manager is responsible for everything" is used when discussing football matters like this. People make like for like comparisons between clubs with completely different cultures and structures. I don't see how anybody could compare United to City or Chelsea or Barca or Madrid.

We were never a club like any of them nor where we (up until this year) regularly competing for the kind of players these teams signed. 2 of the clubs most top 6 most expensive signings were in 2001. With inflation in football at ridiculous levels, I think its fair to say that Rio and Veron are the most expensive signings ever.

Ferguson built an extremely effective, efficient squad, primed for winning the league. It was not the best team on paper and wasn't full of world class signings the likes of other major club superpowers signed.

Heres an interesting comparison for me. The Spanish national team didn't lose its manager or any players, yet it looked a completely different outfit in the world cup last year from the one that destroyed everybody for the last 6 years. This shows that players can be unsettled very quickly and that its not always the managers fault. How can a team so successful fall so fast ? It happened to spain and it happened to United. Its football and it doesn't necessarily have an easy answer.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Every fùcking season we are told is the worst season in PL history. There's always some argument that that view suits.

There were a few season in the 90's or early 00's I think where the winning PL points total was high 70's. If any season deserves to be called the worst in PL history then surely it'd be one of those, but I agree that it is futile trying to argue something so subjective, especially when there are many arguments for and against that view for any given season.

Cant believe there is another united fan that thinks Moyes was given a raw deal. . Agree completely with you on this . .

I always maintained that I felt the owners didn't fully back DM, that the players had a huge bearing on his sacking (underperforming and undermining Moyes) and that had DM gotten another year we would of seen a massive clear-out (that we saw) and a much improved team.

Moyes was definitely given a raw deal but that wasn't the reason for his failure, his biggest problem was that he failed to help himself. A lot of the decisions he made were unproductive and I suspect that had he his time again he would have acted a lot stronger in certain situations.

Even a snippet from Doc's post shows this:
    I was convinced that if Moyes hit the summer, Van Persie would be gone, Rooney would be leading the line, and that Mata would be behind him.
    I agree with the sentiment, but why exactly did Moyes need to wait till the summer, he could have played Rooney up front and Mata behind at any time? He was a dead man walking with nothing to lose and still he didn't just go with his gut in that regard. Thats what his time was like, he never really made it his own.

I agree with the sentiment, but why exactly did Moyes need to wait till the summer, he could have played Rooney up front and Mata behind at any time? He was a dead man walking with nothing to lose and still he didn't just go with his gut in that regard. Thats what his time was like, he never really made it his own.

Would probably say he assumed he would been given time and that he would address the problem in the summer. **** got wild pretty fast though.

It's not like he didn't warn Woodward etc. about the problems before they actually happened. He seemingly outlined it in black and white in his first summer which resulted in the last minute panic attack .

But anyway what is done is done. Van Gaal will surely get this summer unless things spectacularly fail, and even then I'm sure he will get the benefit of the doubt.

What can you do but have a big positive head on you going forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Such a critical failure in terms of mentality, and the nature of Moyes' mentality meant that he was never going to get it right here. The man had no winning edge to him or killer instinct. Too indecisive, deferred way too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Such a critical failure in terms of mentality, and the nature of Moyes' mentality meant that he was never going to get it right here. The man had no winning edge to him or killer instinct. Too indecisive, deferred way too much.

What would constitute a killer instinct? Mourinho would probably be the most associated manager with that and last season he threw in the towel while still in the title race. Moyes didn't have the squad to do anything, made plans for the Summer which were torn up after the Shaw and Herrera signings. Lucky those deals were done under Moyes actually or else the squad would be even weaker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

That's the part I hate most about football. The abuse the fans give other players. It's mental, especially at corners, you can make out the words they are saying.

You wouldn't see them on the road doing similar to total stranger. How is a footballer any different. Even the 'banter' filled songs are just as bad. It's just needlessly aggressive behaviour then they will harp on about respect if something happens but show absolutely no respect to others.

I would say the vast majority of them walk around town in track suit pants needlessly looking at someone aggressive and anyone in my eyes who does that has a mental disability.

It's not just scobes though. There's a couple, mid 40's, well off looking who regularly go to Munster games and shout abuse at the ref all game. It's actually pretty funny as they don't look like people who would do anything similar on the street but they are mental! I think sport just brings out the passion in people which sometimes gets aggressive if things aren't going their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

If we lose David De Gea to Real Madrid in the summer then we really need to re-think our transfer policy

I remember when De Gea joined and was getting so much stick, I said it at the time its obvious he's going to come good at some stage but why sign a young Spanish keeper develop him only for him to **** off in a few years time to either Real or Barca

RichFTW wrote: »
    It's not just scobes though. There's a couple, mid 40's, well off looking who regularly go to Munster games and shout abuse at the ref all game. It's actually pretty funny as they don't look like people who would do anything similar on the street but they are mental! I think sport just brings out the passion in people which sometimes gets aggressive if things aren't going their way.

I think anyone is a gob****e if they were track suits in public and not involved in playing a sport. I'm from there and it's cringeworthy.

Oh god Munster rugby is the worst for it. All the bandwagoners come from there. I'm from limerick

If we lose David De Gea to Real Madrid in the summer then we really need to re-think our transfer policy

I remember when De Gea joined and was getting so much stick, I said it at the time its obvious he's going to come good at some stage but why sign a young Spanish keeper develop him only for him to **** off in a few years time to either Real or Barca

Why would we have to re think? That's stupid talk. He has been one of the best goalkeepers around for the last few years.

Well done in spotting a 19 year old goalkeeper playing for man utd will make it. Because no one else in the soccer business thought that. The only people who gave him stick were idiots and the English media because they bigged up the utd goalkeeping position and because he wasn't joe hart.

I'll make a prediction as well. Adnan and Wilson will come good as well.

The only signs of him moving club this summer is rival fans/drama queens/the clickbait media. Thinking he will move is having an inferiority complex, which is ironic as you are always making teams and asking are these teams good enough. He will cost about 60 million if not more. there is so many other good keepers for far less.
    The main thing is that he will either want to stay or want to go and there is nothing you can to stop that nor man utd, it's entirely up to him to move if a big bid came in that represented his value and utd even accepted it.

I mean the only basis is that he is spainish which is so stupid thinking that the one stipulation that Madrid will sign him is that because he is spainish, because that makes sense.

• Advertisement

Dead right, its not like he has been great for 3 years and could well end being up our player of the season two years running and if we sell him even with a year left on his contract we will still make money. An absolute complete disastor it would be. If we arent carefull could turn out to be another Ronaldo situation.

Making money and getting a great player for a few years is not the Man united way.

More Bebes please at least he will never become good enough to be wanted by madrid.

First we have polo mint saying we should sell our whole team, and buy players who aren't household names, then gives no options.

Then shadow saying we shouldn't buy good players or place a cap on their development just in case someone might buy them after they become hugely successful for us.

All in 24 hours. This is place is so brilliantly mental. I learned my lesson a long time ago about never dipping your dick in crazy but seems I get my fix from in here.

First we have polo mint saying we should sell our whole team, and buy players who aren't household names, then gives no options.

Then shadow saying we shouldn't buy good players or place a cap on their development just in case someone might buy them after they become hugely successful for us.

All in 24 hours. This is place is so brilliantly mental. I learned my lesson a long time ago about never dipping your dick in crazy but seems I get my fix from in here.

How come you post so much when you have so much disdain for the place? Serious question btw.

On a separate note your thread lost a good poster in Kyrogen last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What happened to Kyrogen?

Did he get banned or did he have some bet or something. I'm too dam lazy to check.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    How come you post so much when you have so much disdain for the place? Serious question btw.

On a separate note your thread lost a good poster in Kyrogen last night.

Secretly love all the mental opinions to be honest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement