Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

Secretly love all the mental opinions to be honest.

Ah right fair enough, carry on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What happened to Kyrogen?

Did he get banned or did he have some bet or something. I'm too dam lazy to check.

Neither!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wish kry would of at least say goodbye :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Secretly love all the mental opinions to be honest.

Mental opinions everywhere, match of the day, rte panel, tv3, sky sports. I particularly liked Henry and carragher arguing a few weeks ago. Henry saying he has no problem with a defender dribbling past the striker even when he is the last man, carragher couldn't believe what he was hearing and neither could i

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads and lasses, I'd personally say that when it's nothing to do with United and its a discussion on a user who can no longer post, it really shouldn't be discussed in this topic. Speculation won't achieve anything other than to drag the thread off topic, so maybe leave it out for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Everton V Kiev on ITV now. Dragovic the Kiev CB could be what we're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

bangkok wrote: »
    Mental opinions everywhere, match of the day, rte panel, tv3, sky sports. I particularly liked Henry and carragher arguing a few weeks ago. Henry saying he has no problem with a defender dribbling past the striker even when he is the last man, carragher couldn't believe what he was hearing and neither could i

Have to say I really like Carragher as a pundit. Neville and himself are excellent.

Have to say I really like Carragher as a pundit. Neville and himself are excellent.

Yea carragher was right, Henry's opinion was a bit crazy to say the least

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/29327/9727688/thierry-henry-and-jamie-carragher-fight-their-corner-as-sky-sports-pundits-debate-defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

If we lose David De Gea to Real Madrid in the summer then we really need to re-think our transfer policy

I remember when De Gea joined and was getting so much stick, I said it at the time its obvious he's going to come good at some stage but why sign a young Spanish keeper develop him only for him to **** off in a few years time to either Real or Barca

There's nothing really to rethink, probably the best keeper in the world is wanted by the biggest club in the world due to the fact the current Real keeper who used to be the best in the world is finishing his career. Madrid could lure anyone in and to be honest he's dead right to go if that's what it comes to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

TheDoc wrote: »
    By the way, on a totally separate point. I just realised today ( I probably knew but maybe only remembered today)

Shaw is on a 120k a week contract......

I know it's silly to relate performances to wages/transfer fees, but ****ing hell that's a disappointing return for that amount of money including what was probably outrageous incentives with his 30m transfer fee.

At least Young has gone someway to justify his wage this season.

Joys of endless money pits I spose

I remember one of those football funny sorta accounts on twitter tweeted that around August or so and he replied himself and said it wasn't true, despite that, I do agree he's been a bit disappointing, funny how he was completely injury free at Southampton and just can't stay fit for a run of games here, it's a pity. I'm sure he'll improve with age though. Would be nice to get in someone who could cover RB and LB in the summer, don't think Rojo is very suited to LB at all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

How we feeling about spurs this weekend lads? Not confident at all, can definitely see spurs scoring. Hoping we can knick a win but head saying score draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

How we feeling about spurs this weekend lads? Not confident at all, can definitely see spurs scoring. Hoping we can knick a win but head saying score draw.

A huge game. Cannot afford to get beat and if honest it a must win before we go to Anfield week later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

We'll win but it'll be quite close imo. We're pretty good at getting results at home....generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Next game trivia. I could only think of 3 :(

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/575990378626691072

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Fryers, Campbell, Berbatov, Carrick, Sherringham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Fryers
    Berbatov
    Carrick
    Sheringham
    Saha
    Campbell

sheringham
    berbatov
    frazer campbell
    carrick
    gareth crooks
    ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Can only think of four myself:
    Campbel
    Carrick
    Berbatov
    Sheringham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fryers
    Berbatov
    Carrick
    Sheringham
    Saha
    Campbell

Forgot about Saha and didn't think Fryers made a PL appearance for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

A huge game. Cannot afford to get beat and if honest it a must win before we go to Anfield week later.

I'm hoping that REALLY resonates with the players and there is some zip and purpose about what we do. Will accept there will be occasions of lulling midfield tip tac to keep possession, but when we go forward I really want to see drive and purpose.

Need a win to rebuild momentum, a loss and we are in serious trouble.

Totenham and Liverpool are actually the two games I'm most worried about.

Get through those with victories, and I'd be confident we could have Chelsea, and keep it rolling I'd be confident going into the City game.

Both have looked leggy and sluggish, especially Chelsea perfectly compounded by this weeks PSG game.

Spurs and Liverpool though, get two wins there, would back up to plough through the rest and finish 4th.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm hoping that REALLY resonates with the players and there is some zip and purpose about what we do.

I hope it resonates with the manager.

I think in the first half against Arsenal we seen the players play as they would like to, there was an energy there that had been lacking recently. Its my opinion that the manager put a brake on that enthusiasm by his instructions at half time and by changing the shape of the team. I think he did that intentionally, not trusting the players to perform defensively if they were attacking with that abandon. And so we had that horrible second half.

The first half reminded of the Ireland v France play-off, where the players basically ignored the manager and went out to play. Thats what we need to see again.

would be great to start the way we started v arsenal, but score a few early goals. a 2-0 lead would be great and then we can play our possession game and just get the 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

We're going to lose to spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

thelad95 wrote: »
    We're going to lose to spurs.

Its great to go into the weekend with a positive attitude isn't it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Its great to go into the weekend with a positive attitude isn't it

I solved a massive problem in work late last night, so now I'm in a majorly optimistic mood. Spurs are getting smashed. 3-0. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

4 points from the next two games would be great,

6 points would be as Ron Manager would say "Marvellous"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We really need 6 points, the stakes are incredibly high now

I solved a massive problem in work late last night, so now I'm in a majorly optimistic mood. Spurs are getting smashed. 3-0. :D

I finished a huge report 3 month report yesterday and will hand it up today to senior management 2 weeks early.

I'm ecstatic. We are going to do a Roma job on Spurs. 7-1

no more no less. exactly 7-1

We really need 6 points, the stakes are incredibly high now

3 points at home IS A MUST. 1 point away to Liverpool will be a very good result for us

We should make a move for Bale this summer amongst our other targets. He looks miserable at Madrid and is getting lots of stick from the fans.

They were calling him an a$$hole when he was leaving the Bernabeu after the Schalke defeat and the way he is playing looks like he's spit the dummy out a bit and is sick of them.

At Spurs he was the star, cutting inside and making runs to assist and score match winner after match winner. At Real his job is to feed goals to an aging Ronaldo and I don't think he is liking it anymore or accepting it mentally.

His development as a player has been stunted a bit and if he wants to progress as a player and become an outright star himself he would be best to move clubs and not wait until Ronaldo leaves or retires.

We Would be a perfect fit for him. We can give Real Falcao or ADM back if he or his wife are unhappy at UTD as reports would suggest.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIpTZquJC8A

for anyone that has never been to old Trafford, great video

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would adore Bale...

We should make a move for Bale this summer amongst our other targets. He looks miserable at Madrid and is getting lots of stick from the fans.

They were calling him an a$$hole when he was leaving the Bernabeu after the Schalke defeat and the way he is playing looks like he's spit the dummy out a bit and is sick of them.

At Spurs he was the star, cutting inside and making runs to assist and score match winner after match winner. At Real his job is to feed goals to an aging Ronaldo and I don't think he is liking it anymore or accepting it mentally.

His development as a player has been stunted a bit and if he wants to progress as a player and become an outright star himself he would be best to move clubs and not wait until Ronaldo leaves or retires.

We Would be a perfect fit for him. We can give Real Falcao or ADM back if he or his wife are unhappy at UTD as reports would suggest.

I think it's only a matter of time until he comes back to England, despite what he was saying earlier about being happy there, things definitely seem to have changed there in the last couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIpTZquJC8A

for anyone that has never been to old Trafford, great video

That guy videos nearly every game. You'd wonder why he holds a camera for 90,minutes on the off-chance he can post some grainy footage of a goal.

you talk about Ronaldo as if he were 35 or 36 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The Madrid fans are toxic. I wouldn't want to play for them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Kirby wrote: »
    The Madrid fans are toxic. I wouldn't want to play for them either.

I don't think I would mind too much if I was on 300,000 a week! Wouldn't mind being given the opportunity

Bridge93 wrote: »
    I don't think I would mind too much if I was on 300,000 a week! Wouldn't mind being given the opportunity

They are probably looking at better quality players in all fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

They are probably looking at better quality players in all fairness.

I would hope they are. Bale is the least of their problems if they aren't.

you talk about Ronaldo as if he were 35 or 36 :p

He's still in his prime but his pace has ever so slightly diminished but given how well he takes care of his body he can go strong into the ages you mentioned.

The question is can Bale afford to stay around Real being a feeder for him that long in his own career. He could hit awesome heights elsewhere and he must know this and we must convince him to hit those heights with us.

• Advertisement

Interesting question if the option came up to swap Di Maria and Bale.
    Would everyone be up for it and if so how much would we have to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Hazard, Sanchez and Silva are the 3 standout attacking midfielders of the EPL

How far away is Di Maria from these guys when he's on top of this game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Interesting question if the option came up to swap Di Maria and Bale.
    Would everyone be up for it and if so how much would we have to pay.

without a shadow of a doubt 50m and di maria for bale

Why on earth would Madrid want Di Maria? Should we also try to sell Mata to Chelsea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

As in hypothetical di Maria of last year?

He is miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

All three have had several world class seasons, Di Maria has one which is increasingly looking like an anomaly. When he's on the top of his game not much between him, Silva and Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

People remember most about Bale his one man roadshow at Spurs when he was moved in the centre and they just gave him the ball to shoot from all angles, it wasn't really a team effort

If we got Bale he'd be playing out wide I'm sure and his contribution as a wide player is questionable in the context of the values people put on him, he'd get you maybe 25-30 goals and assists a season like Hazard or Robben would, I think 45-50 million is his worth, I've seen some crazy talk like swapping Di Maria and cash for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

If Bale does move from Madrid to EPL it will be to either Chelsea or City, most probably City.

They will not be happy with how the season is going and I think they will splurge in the summer t/f window, as well as getting rid of a number of players.

TBH, Utd really need to get the finger out and be signing players at the start of the window. They should have their targets already picked out, with prices/wages based on whether we can offer CL football. Then just get it do, like Chelsea did last year.

Then give LVG a few weeks to get his new players bedded in and hit the ground running

LVG must know what he wants at this stage to just get it done, with the minimum of fuss.

• Advertisement

People remember most about Bale his one man roadshow at Spurs when he was moved in the centre and they just gave him the ball to shoot from all angles, it wasn't really a team effort

If we got Bale he'd be playing out wide I'm sure and his contribution as a wide player is questionable in the context of the values people put on him, he'd get you maybe 25-30 goals and assists a season like Hazard or Robben would, I think 45-50 million is his worth, I've seen some crazy talk like swapping Di Maria and cash for him

I dont think he is worth more than Di Maria and if he is not much but real paid 100 mil for him so I doubt it'd be a straight swap. Meh I was just musing about it on a slow news day around here.

In orther news there was a press conference today.

And mata did a questionaire on face book where the most interesting I saw was who he thought was the best free kick taker.
    He said wayne was most consistant, young has the best technique but his bromance partner big dave thought he was the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement