Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

When did the video of Rooney being knocked out by Phil bardsley in his kitchen emerge? (I may have been living under a rock)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    When did the video of Rooney being knocked out by Phil bardsley in his kitchen emerge? (I may have been living under a rock)

First I saw of it was today. Apparently it was filmed Feb 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Pure glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How close was he hitting that table, god I wish it was open season on what I could say about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

collie0708 wrote: »
    What do we think the chances of De Gea still being at the club next season are everytime I pick up a paper there is another story about him going to Real Madrid. Starting to get worried it's going to happen

Just paper talk to sell papers. Nothing sells them more than utd stories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Headshot wrote: »
    How close was he hitting that table, god I wish it was open season on what I could say about him

Pretty moronic alright.

Rooney is more a street fighter anyway.

Headshot wrote: »

May allow it for Rooney :pac:

Some slap from Bardsley! Amazing how the sun got their hands on the video.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Some slap from Bardsley! Amazing how the sun got their hands on the video.

I'm sure one of their "friends" collected a fair few shekels for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/0315/687216-rooney-knocked-out-in-kitchen-sparring-session/

The last bit of it now appears to be hilarious :)

Rooney started boxing when he was in the youth team at Everton and revealed last November he would have considered taking the sport up professionally if he had not made it as a footballer.

'I would have tried it as a career," he said.

In 2008, Rooney said of the sport: "I've always loved watching boxing and I went boxing training for about three or four years when I was younger. It's a sport I've always been involved in.

"I was doing both boxing and football training at one stage when I was about 15. But Everton who I was with at the time, said I had to concentrate on one of them and I opted for football

He had a lucky escape so, we definitely would not have heard of Wayne Rooney the boxer with a glass jaw like that :) Sad to say though that we have had to witness Wayne Rooney the obnoxious footballer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Imagine if he ended up out over that. I mean having a boxing 'match' in his kitchen where there's so many things to hit if you fall. Really not the sharpest lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Rooney is more a street fighter anyway.

Yep, more used to kicking people :cool:

Rooney isn't obnoxious. Don't get the hate. One of utds best players and essential for the last 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Rooney isn't obnoxious. Don't get the hate. One of utds best players and essential for the last 10 years

Yeah I don't think I'd say obnoxious either. He gets a lot of hate over the two transfer requests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Will there not be questions relating to head injuries? Jesus, he's fortunate not to hit his head off that table!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Held the club to randsom two times at gun point, stressed out fergies so much he retired and I heard he even bought Ronaldo his plane ticket to Madrid. Hate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Held the club to randsom two times at gun point, stressed out fergies so much he retired and I heard he even bought Ronaldo his plane ticket to Madrid. Hate him.

Hahaha, yes clearly he drove SAF to retirement a man that had zero problem turfing ANYONE irregardless of their impact on the team out the door if they questioned him.

Beckham
    RVN
    Stam

He also benched Rooney for the run in.

And just lol at the nonsense about the plane ticket where do you dream this **** up.

As for holding the club to ransom, it's done by players on a monthly basis.

Rooney, what are you at boxing on a tiled floor lol.

And just lol at the nonsense about the plane ticket where do you dream this **** up.

I'm guessing...

900x900px-LL-658002b7_joke_over_your_head.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

tumblr_m1gd0inIjQ1qfrrv2o1_500.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rooney wasn't the brightest already, do you reckon he got a concussion check and informed the doctors after that? Or went out on the piss? A multi million pound asset who could have voided his contract for a boxing match, in his kitchen. Against Phil Bardsley. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Fergie had dinner with Ronaldo after the Schalke game. There are claims however good or bad they are...that Fergie asked Ronaldo to return to United, lets hope the break up with his girlfriend and the poll where 32% of Real Madrid fans want him gone has him thinking...
    I doubt it though, but stranger things have happened.

Sunday Mirror claiming Bale would be interested in a move to United, but Florentino Perez is a big fan and they (the Mirror) claim De Gea would have to be used to get Bale.

De Gea plus a little cash for both Ronaldo and Bale :p

Now back to reality, lets hope we win today.

He did score twice in the game following that KO so all is forgiven.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

RobertKK wrote: »
    Fergie had dinner with Ronaldo after the Schalke game. There are claims however good or bad they are...that Fergie asked Ronaldo to return to United, lets hope the break up with his girlfriend and the poll where 32% of Real Madrid fans want him gone has him thinking...
    I doubt it though, but stranger things have happened.

Sunday Mirror claiming Bale would be interested in a move to United, but Florentino Perez is a big fan and they (the Mirror) claim De Gea would have to be used to get Bale.

De Gea plus a little cash for both Ronaldo and Bale :p

Now back to reality, lets hope we win today.

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Are you for real? It's amazing how quickly it's forgotten how he held the club to ransom twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yh mate they were talking about it a few days ago maybe it was barca fans hijacking the poll but in fairness the Madrid fans are really messed up the treatment bale is getting is a joke.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Are you for real? It's amazing how quickly it's forgotten how he held the club to ransom twice.

Most top players will hold the club to Ranson, it's just the way of the world!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

ScummyMan wrote: »

Held the club to ransom is such sensationalism.
    He felt he deserved a better deal, no harm in putting feelers out to see what other options he had. He is a person and been at the same place since he was 18.

He deserved the new contracts but I think the cynicism I have for media dosent let me believe anything they say especially at Rooney considering the crap they write about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I'm getting the feeling De Gea is not signing til this summer ( I hope ) for a similar reason. If we don't get top four he will have a lot of bargaining power when it comes to penning a new deal.

Held the club to ransom is such sensationalism.
    He felt he deserved a better deal, no harm in putting feelers out to see what other options he had. He is a person and been at the same place since he was 18.

He deserved the new contracts but I think the cynicism I have for media dosent let me believe anything they say especially at Rooney considering the crap they write about him.

Rooney suffers from the same problem that all of the best English athletes suffer from its called the English media, they just cant wait to see them slip up or fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

jayo26 wrote: »
    Rooney suffers from the same problem that all of the best English athletes suffer from its called the English media, they just cant wait to see them slip up or fail.

They constantly build them up for somebody to knock them out down.

jayo26 wrote: »

And especially ones at utd.

I just hate the way people and the media use words that have a stronger meaning just to garner a reaction.

Held the club to ransom. More like, there was an option of a move on the table, can we discuss my career development. What can I do and what can ye offer me if I stay.

THats hardly ransom. It's just negotiation, it happens in every single job that does performance reviews.

And especially ones at utd.

I just hate the way people and the media use words that have a stronger meaning just to garner a reaction.

Held the club to ransom. More like, there was an option of a move on the table, can we discuss my career development. What can I do and what can ye offer me if I stay.

THats hardly ransom. It's just negotiation, it happens in every single job that does performance reviews.

Yup I agree. Butbit happened with all their top stars and its mostly the footballers you would never need a rival press association to unsettle their national team they their own press will do it for them.
    Like I said a while ago before the world cup even started they had built up the pressure on Rooney and calling for him to be dropped because he hadn't scored in other tournaments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Can someone create a match thread, I'd do it myself but I wouldn't do it justice, plus I'm too hung over and lazy and I need to drag myself out of bed for a sh1t and a shower before I can go down to the pub for some grub and pints and hopefully watch United get a much needed 3 points, so I don't have the time either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

A win today for Chelsea and Man Utd would surely eliminate Spurs and Southampton from the race.

Sadly I can't see United winning. A turgid 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

No match thread? Kinda surprised nothing up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jesus Chelsea are muck today.. could easily drop points to South'ton - today is an absolute must win.. we lose and top 4 is gone I think.

Mata starts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Mata starts!

Herrera too!

• Advertisement

1 de Gea
    25 A Valencia
    4 Jones
    12 Smalling
    18 Young
    16 Carrick
    21 Herrera
    17 Blind
    8 Mata
    10 Rooney
    31 Fellaini

Subs
    2 Rafael
    9 Falcao
    11 Januzaj
    13 Lindegaard
    42 Blackett
    44 Pereira
    49 Wilson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

i cant make sense of the team unless its 352

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Think its 4-1-4-1 with Young LB and Mata and Fellaini behind Rooney but Twitter has Young in mid, quite confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Hopefully chelsea can grab a late goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

advertsfox wrote: »
    Think its 4-1-4-1 with Young LB and Mata and Fellaini behind Rooney but Twitter has Young in mid, quite confusing.

Sky sports rolled it out as
    DeGea
    Val Smalling Jones Blind
    Herrera Carrick Felliani
    Mata Rooney Young

we will see though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Schneiderlin won 10 tackles and 9 interceptions against Chelsea. Signing him along makes our defense very solid. IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

KDB scored again today, 8 goals and 15 assists so far this season (24 games) - take him Louis!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Phil Jones needs to be sold in the summer. Nowhere near good enough.

If you told someone last year utd would have di Maria and falcao and young and Fellaini could win player of the season you would be shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Shock horror! Get Mata and Herrera in the team and football should ensue.

I know Carrick and Fellaini are a big part of the performance but that doesn't quite fit the narrative ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement