Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Di maria will be ****ting himself watching this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Who are these players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Van Gaal better not change anything at half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well that was great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Best I've seen since pre-season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Has LVG found his starting 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY ?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

It's actually strange feeling so relaxed at half time of a United game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Has LVG found his starting 11?

He maybe should have but not gonna happen. Di Maria will be back in and porb RVP when he gets back (i don't know when that is tho).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Mon the **** united. Lets go for 2nd

That Hollywood pass from Rooney was beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Please let today be the start of us coming into some form, a win next week against Liverpool would be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Great receiption for Mata leaving the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Hopefully not injured Mata. Him and Herrara must start now against pool.
    I think same team should start next week, bar Rojo for Jones if available.

Fellaini with the standing ovation and man of the match again.

Happy for him and nice that most fans have copped on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Well, that was highly satisfying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not just a good result but a good preformance. As harsh as I am about Rooney and Carrick, both played really, really well today.

2 behind second now :P Come on lads, we can win the whole thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Would love swansea to take point off Liverpool tomorrow.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

If Swansea can do a number on Liverpool it would be brilliant for us! Very tough matches ahead but hopefully we can hit some form and the others can slip up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rooney is by far our best outfield player and most important player. People always talk about 'he lost pace' and all the nonsense but he has plenty of it. His acceleration is bit off but his pace is excellent. The way he was stretching the defense and reached the passes was so pleasing to watch.

Mata, Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick were excellent too and Smalling looked so comfortable. By far our best performance as Spurs hardly tested De Gea, I can't think of any bar the last save at his near post.

Oh and Young is very important player, his numbers are not good bis his contribution is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Mata, Fellani and Rooney were absolutely excellent - great win, great performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Great performance from United today. A lot of fluid football and hardly anyone panicked on the ball under pressure. I really hope we play like that against Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

That Pereira is quite a good looking chap better sign him to a new deal before Madrid come calling.

Thats was just so enjoyable great first half nice and relaxed in the 2nd, Fellaini looked bit tired in the 2nd half but he did work his affro off.

Come on the swansea!!

The sweat for fourth...could conceivably be a battle for second.

What a performance. High tempo aggressive and fluid in the first half. Controlled and effiicent in the second.

What a way to line up for An field. Hopefully that's not an injury for Mata. Thought the little interplay between himself Herrera and Fellaini was excellent today

• Advertisement

It only took 29 odd league games but finally a performance worth getting a bit excited about. Herrera, Mata, Rooney and Fellaini all great. Carrick and Blind too, fúck it, almost the whole lot were great! Same team next week please except Rojo in for Jones. Jones didn't quite have a stinker, but I definitely feel more comfortable with Rojo in the ranks alongside Smalling.

In the race to 30 points, that's 3/3. It definitely eases the pressure on next week and builds momentum going into that game.

2 points off second with a home game versus City coming soon, one can but dream.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    If Swansea can do a number on Liverpool it would be brilliant for us! Very tough matches ahead but hopefully we can hit some form and the others can slip up!

Swansea are going to be c*nts to us this season, already did the double over United and will roll over for the Pool tomorrow night, can't ya see it! :pac:

Rooney's defensive header in 84th min was excellent to watch, at one end he was stretching the Spurs defense and in another min he was in our box clearing the ball. By far our best player and leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

That was a lot more like it. Could have put five past them if we wanted and easily our most complete performance this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'd still drop Mata for Di Maria against Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

irishfeen wrote: »
    Mata, Fellani and Rooney were absolutely excellent - great win, great performance.

Add Blind and Young to that list

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Another step in the right direction . That performance, particularly in the 1st half was very very good. We are improving and hopefully can take it into the match against Liverpool.

Long way to go to secure champions league football but the wins against Newcastle away and Spurs at OT today have come at exactly the right times.

It would be nice if Swansea can get a result tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I love him, but its great for once that we aren't talking about how good De Gea is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The first game in two years where I feel that I got full value for my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Trilla wrote: »
    Add Blind and Young to that list

It was great watching Blind play, always said No to Blind as Left back because of his lack of pace but his passing from left back position was so great, it was adding one more player who is very comfortable in possession.

Unearthly wrote: »
    I love him, but its great for once that we aren't talking about how good De Gea is

Jones knew this would be case so he tried to test de gea with a weak shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wonder if Di Maria will be on the starting line up page next week or if it will be a blank space for him and he starts on the bench.
    Great to see United play with style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

RobertKK wrote: »
    I wonder if Di Maria will be on the starting line up page next week or if it will be a blank space for him and he starts on the bench.
    Great to see United play with style.

He should be in for Young, who I suppose got it down to about 5 crosses to nobody today...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Also, the way Fellaini took that goal on his weaker left foot was a thing of beauty. Couldn't be happier for the lad consider the amount of bullsh1t that gets talked about him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Liam O wrote: »
    He should be in for Young, who I suppose got it down to about 5 crosses to nobody today...

Youngs defensive work was emense today, Di Maria wont bring that versus liverpool when it'll be needed even more.

• Liam O wrote: »

Young had another good game to be fair to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Young was very good today. His work with Blind and Fellaini (in between the CB and left back) were excellent.

Same team again next week. Everyone has earned their spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Young was very good today. His work with Blind and Fellaini (in between the CB and left back) were excellent.

Same team again next week. Everyone has earned their spot.
    Absolutely agree - nobody deserves to lose their starting place v Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Youngs defensive work was emense today, Di Maria wont bring that versus liverpool when it'll be needed even more.

Di Maria is a very hard worker and better in every single way to Young. If people think he's somehow not the same as he always was I don't know what to say. United's wingers shouldn't be getting praised for defensive work over attacking work. Still 1 goal and 1 assist this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Young's form has been far superior to Di Maria's so I'd be very disappointed to see Di Maria start ahead of Young next week.

The change I'd make from today would be Rojo for Jones.

This team is capable if beating anyone and they proved it out there. I would love a few wins in the coming weeks just to shut the haterz up about this 'average' team

And we were missing angel di ****ing Maria.

Come join me on the positive couch once more my brothers and we rejoice to our saviour maroune Fellaini

Also what the hell was up with Smalling?

Was like he wat he'd a Beckenbauer YouTube video on the bus in. He skinned Tottenham lads loads of times and started bursting forward.

NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE

GOOD TYPE OF MELTDOWN IN PROGRESS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Di Maria is a very hard worker and better in every single way to Young. If people think he's somehow not the same as he always was I don't know what to say. United's wingers shouldn't be getting praised for defensive work over attacking work. Still 1 goal and 1 assist this season.

Di Maria is shot of confidence, made a stupid mistake at an important time on Monday aswell as not tracking Monreal. Deserves to sit it out especially with Young playing as well as he is.

Really need to stop looking at just bare stats when judging Young.

• Advertisement

I know we are a bit obsessed with stats here but there is a lot more to playing soccer than assists and goals especially when you have so many other scorers and creaters

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement