Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

See you on Sunday lads! We won't give you the first half to win the tie unlike Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

See you on Sunday lads!

No you wont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Lose on Sunday and we can kiss top 4 goodbye

There's no way Pool will drop a point more than us in the last games

We all thought they had it won last year, and we know what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Getting my prediction in early for Sunday: 1-1.

Id only replace Fellaini with Mata if we had someone bigger and stronger than Herrera behind him, Herrera may grow into that in time but I think a 3 of Carrick, Herrera and Mata is too light weight

Same team that played yesterday. There was good flow to that game and Fellaini will be a thorn in their side.

See you on Sunday lads! We won't give you the first half to win the tie unlike Spurs.

Very nearly gave Swansea the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Well gobobbles Pool winning has made our match even more crucial now. I just dont know what United side will show up. Was the game against Spurs a sign of what to expect in the coming weeks? Or just a one off good game? Going to be interesting.

Pool in the second half seemed to be playing very good football. Coming up against them when they are in form is not ideal but if we manage to win it will be a huge momentum lifter.

Thats fine, just give us the second half instead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Momentum looks to be with Liverpool atm. Sundays a massive game now. We can't afford to play for a draw either imo. A two points gap is not enough given our other fixtures and we have to play to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

United are 12/5 to win Sunday, think we will do the business.

Momentum looks to be with Liverpool atm. Sundays a massive game now. We can't afford to play for a draw either imo. A two points gap is not enough given our other fixtures and we have to play to win.

To be honest if you offered me a draw right now I'd jump at it! Pool in Anfield when they are hitting a good run of form, I would definitely be happy with a draw.

• Adamocovic wrote: »
    Well gobobbles Pool winning has made our match even more crucial now. I just dont know what United side will show up. Was the game against Spurs a sign of what to expect in the coming weeks? Or just a one off good game? Going to be interesting.

Pool in the second half seemed to be playing very good football. Coming up against them when they are in form is not ideal but if we manage to win it will be a huge momentum lifter.

Same 11 need to start as last Sunday

None of this negative backpass ****e

More of the attacking football at speed

Adamocovic wrote: »

Anfield was never a happy hunting ground for us. Liverpool at their worse always raise their game, but I didn't see enough tonight to say that they are going to beat us.

A few pool fans already think that they will hammer us and this attitude may help us.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

None of this negative backpass ****e

More of the attacking football at speed

Agree same 11 definitely need to start. Loved the attacking approach in the first half and no doubt if they kept Fellaini up front rather than dropping him back we would have added more goals!

It will be tough in Anfield but hopefully we can come out of the blocks fast again and stun them a little.

edgecutter wrote: »
    Anfield was never a happy hunting ground for us. Liverpool at their worse always raise their game, but I didn't see enough tonight to say that they are going to beat us.

A few pool fans already think that they will hammer us and this attitude may help us.

Yeah I have always disliked playing in Anfield, think it will be a lot closer than a lot of fans on either side are making it out to be. As long as we leave with some sort of points I'll be delighted. Cant afford a loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Be nice, compact and keep a shape on Sunday, push Liverpool out wide by crowding the midfield to frustrate Liverpool and we may just have a chance .. Cutting the supply of fast breaking ball to Sterling and Sturridge will be needed for 90min.

There is no point in trying to out score Liverpool in an open game at Anfield - snappy passing, retaining possession, tracking back and Fellani as an outlet is the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Don't want the same team as yesterday, want Jones dropped for Rojo.

Then this summer Jones dropped to transfer list for a defender who can pass and defend in a no nonsense way.

I will be concerned if Jones is playing on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

One thing Utd cant afford to do is to be sloppy when in possession and give the likes of Sterling a chance to run at the the defence that's where Liverpool are at their most dangerous its when they get a team turned they do have the pace to hurt teams.

Swansea should have been up tonight at half time,they played well and it took some good saves from Mignolet to keep Pool in the game.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Don't want the same team as yesterday, want Jones dropped for Rojo.

Then this summer Jones dropped to transfer list for a defender who can pass and defend in a no nonsense way.

I will be concerned if Jones is playing on Sunday.

:( Sometimes I think I am the only one who likes our Phil

phil_jones-390595.jpg

From the Liverpool forum -
    "On the run we're currently on fück aiming for 4th, we should we aiming for the league title. We're 10 points behind Chelsea and they arn't playing with a lot of confidence at moment"

Please, please please let us win sunday, my God almighty they a different breed altogether :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

edgecutter wrote: »

How on Earth would fans attitudes help ye win a game of football? That makes no sense at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

"love it, if we beat them"

How on Earth would fans attitudes help ye win a game of football? That makes no sense at all.

Sometimes fans expectations and attitudes can carry over to the actual team. If the fans in the stadium think they are in for an easy day and go behind sometimes it can cause a shock and the crowd can go a bit silent.

If the crowd go quiet or get tense that normally has an affect on the team. The players can sense it can might start to lose shame or panic.

I could be wrong but thats what I gathered from how fans attitudes could help or worsen chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Biggest match for United in the past 2 seasons, the buildup will be unreal. Semi confident we can get a result, the Spurs result has brought in some positivity for a change

irishfeen wrote: »

Please, please please let us win sunday, my God almighty they a different breed altogether :)

Pretty sure I seen the same thing earlier today or yesterday about Utd

It certainly isn't a popular opinion from either fanbase

rarnes1 wrote: »

Agree here, we could single out views like that from both fan bases. Doesn't reflect the entire views though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

And what about those who ridiculed him for saying that, eh?

Also, stop quoting between super threads to cause shít. Do it again and action will be taken.

SlickRic wrote: »
    And what about those who ridiculed him for saying that, eh?

Also, stop quoting between super threads to cause shít. Do it again and action will be taken.
    Ha ok sorry lads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Sometimes fans expectations and attitudes can carry over to the actual team. If the fans in the stadium think they are in for an easy day and go behind sometimes it can cause a shock and the crowd can go a bit silent.

If the crowd go quiet or get tense that normally has an affect on the team. The players can sense it can might start to lose shame or panic.

I could be wrong but thats what I gathered from how fans attitudes could help or worsen chances.

Fair enough. I kinda misunderstood you...I thought you were just talking about Boards. My bad.

:( Sometimes I think I am the only one who likes our Phil

phil_jones-390595.jpg

I think he just looks bewildered, the ball is coming and he is wondering what to do, a back pass to De Gea maybe :P

• Advertisement

Fair enough. I kinda misunderstood you...I thought you were just talking about Boards. My bad.

Ha I didnt post the original comment about the fans attitude, just my view on it :P

Either way I would love to be in Anfield this Sunday :( I'll have to settle with the couch and a pint!

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think he just looks bewildered, the ball is coming and he is wondering what to do, a back pass to De Gea maybe :P

Haha for the funny faces he pulls alone he deserves to be kept ;)

Maybe I am a bit foggy with my judgement on him, ever since he has joined I have wanted him to be the future of our defence, so no matter what happens I'll brush it off as just a mistake and hell improve :P

Haha for the funny faces he pulls alone he deserves to be kept ;)

Maybe I am a bit foggy with my judgement on him, ever since he has joined I have wanted him to be the future of our defence, so no matter what happens I'll brush it off as just a mistake and hell improve :P

The best faces in the league. :pac:

I would love for him to turn things around, I don't know what is going on with him, his passing has got worse this season.
    Easily having his worst season at United, hopefully he does an Ashley Young and turn things around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

At least he's staying fit and giving himself every chance.

Garry Neville calling Di Maria over Mata on MNF for Sunday ... Really hard call, Mata for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ha I didnt post the original comment about the fans attitude, just my view on it :P

Either way I would love to be in Anfield this Sunday :( I'll have to settle with the couch and a pint!

At least you have the couch I'm working :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Garry Neville calling Di Maria over Mata on MNF for Sunday ... Really hard call, Mata for me.

Me too, I can see why hes saying Di Maria though. Much better option for breaking with pace on the break but whatever we do the trio of Fellaini, Carrick and Herrera must start as the central 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Neville seems to have a dislike over mata since he joined united always found it strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'd replace Jones with Rojo if he's back, but yes. Our team is sound at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

They just keep on fcking winning, it's crazy. It's all or nothing on Sun IMO, a draw defo makes them strong favourites for 4th.

• I'd replace Jones with Rojo if he's back, but yes. Our team is sound at the minute.

Why disrupt confidence in Jones by dropping him for Rojo? Think that would be a bad call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Why disrupt confidence in Jones by dropping him for Rojo? Think that would be a bad call

Why?

Rojo > Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Montroseee wrote: »
    They just keep on fcking winning, it's crazy. It's all or nothing on Sun IMO, a draw defo makes them strong favourites for 4th.

Best of luck to both teams. Be great to both qualify and we can all celebrate together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Montroseee wrote: »

A draw would be a pretty sweet result for Utd and disappointing for Liverpool.

The game is important alright but I think people are losing the run of themselves on how important and defining it will be. It certainly won't decide anything that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Liverpool won by a fluke goal. They didn't deserve to win

The momentum is with us after spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

rarnes1 wrote: »

Utd are going to win the leauge.

Now. There you go

• Trilla wrote: »
    Why?

Rojo > Jones

Consider the team. More fruitless juggling of our back line. Leave Jones and smalling where they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Liverpool won by a fluke goal. They didn't deserve to win

The momentum is with us after spurs.

A win is a win. Utd got beat there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

A draw with Pool on Sunday is a good result for United,Pool are the form team,over their last ten matches they have 26 from a possible 30 points and are at home so the pressure is definitely on them to go out and win.
    There will be still 8 games to play after Sunday so still plenty of twists and turns.I would take a draw now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

adox wrote: »
    A draw would be a pretty sweet result for Utd and disappointing for Liverpool.

The game is important alright but I think people are losing the run of themselves on how important and defining it will be. It certainly won't decide anything that's for sure.

Spot on - long way to go yet .....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement