Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Montroseee wrote: »
    Really got the feeling Kane will end up at Utd. sooner or later.

I would love that. At this stage he can really only get better. Would be a nice replacement to rvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Newcastle not doing us any favours today :(

• Quandary wrote: »
    Newcastle not doing us any favours today :(

There on an awful run of form. Result will be as expected for Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hardly a shocker. 3 of their back 4 are playing out of position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

City, Arsenal, Spurs and Southampton have all won.

FML

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

City, Arsenal, Spurs and Southampton have all won.

FML

They were playing wba Newcastle Leicester and Burnley . Hardly games you would expect them to lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

bangkok wrote: »

Hopefully. Go with the same team as last week and see how we go. Bring on Di Maria if need be when he's fresh to stretch them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Actually can't wait for the game tomorrow even if we don't get anything out of it its not end of the world we just need to put in another good performance try keep the momentum going.
    I think Liverpool have more to lose tomorrow then we do, if we win were five ahead I we loose we only one behind. Id take a draw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Said it last week. He's a star at 21 and hd strikes me as being the exact type of player we should bring in. I would break the bank for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Said it last week. He's a star at 21 and hd strikes me as being the exact type of player we should bring in. I would break the bank for him.

Dealing with Levy would mean we'd have to break the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

zerks wrote: »
    Dealing with Levy would mean we'd have to break the bank.

Do it. Do it now!!!

(Wheres the Fry, Shut up and take my money pic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would take De Jong in the summer. Still a great player and on a free too. Couldnt say no to that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    I would take De Jong in the summer. Still a great player and on a free too. Couldnt say no to that

Would be surprised if he doesn't come in, especially given the price. Would also think Depay is nailed on, and would love Kane joining too.

And Ronaldo to round it off :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

If Fergie was here I'd agree. He was always found of British potential.

Another leaked shirt pic.

IMG-20150313-WA0002.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

bangkok wrote: »

Taking rumours from the freaking lad bible.

That's a new low, even for you.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Taking rumours from the freaking lad bible.

That's a new low, even for you.

Lol i only noticed where he got the link now ha but you cant blame him he was busy watching Spanish football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think we have enough De Jong's type players. We should be looking to do better then that. Free or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The next midfielder we need is the one we build a team around, I think we have enough "good enough" ones at this point

You need a good spine in a team to compete for the big trophies

• Advertisement

The next midfielder we need is the one we build a team around, I think we have enough "good enough" ones at this point

You need a good spine in a team to compete for the big trophies

Maybe a ball playing defender would be next on the list? Someone composed and can make a good forward pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

jayo26 wrote: »
    Maybe a ball playing defender would be next on the list? Someone composed and can make a good forward pass.

Id prefer a solid central defender who puts his life on the line to defend.

I still think of the time Vidic put his face in front of a shot in an attempt to block it. Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Nolars wrote: »
    So hes a world class 8 million player? :pac:

You think Utd are getting better value for money from Di Maria than LFC for the Count? To be discussed more at 15:30hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Holding midfielder, right back, winger. Those are top three for me. We need to replace Carrick and Rafael and we need upgrades to our wide choices. Then we can go for the centre half that will keep Rojo out of the team. I'd be a very worried man if I was Phil Jones. Evans will hopefully be one of the first out the door in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

So... Liverpool to win comfortably today then ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

So... Liverpool to win comfortably today then ?

Yeah they'll win by at least 12 for sure.

Id prefer a solid central defender who puts his life on the line to defend.

I still think of the time Vidic put his face in front of a shot in an attempt to block it. Legend.

Agree I love vidic and Bruce type defenders but the way team is set up lately a defender that can pass ball I important,

Yeah they'll win by at least 12 for sure.

Ah here...... Only 9

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I ****ing hate this fixture at Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Holding midfielder, right back, winger. Those are top three for me. We need to replace Carrick and Rafael and we need upgrades to our wide choices. Then we can go for the centre half that will keep Rojo out of the team. I'd be a very worried man if I was Phil Jones. Evans will hopefully be one of the first out the door in the summer.

I'd like Sneiderlin and Clynes but I'd say it would be difficult to take both of them in one window.

If Depay comes in Nani will probably leave or Adnan on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

We are going to Anfield today and we will win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Giggsy11 wrote: »

I hate every single game against them, they are just too nerve wrecking.

I'd gladly take a draw today and I think that's what we will get.

Giggsy11 wrote: »

I hate the stadium nearly as much as the team! It reminds of league of ireland stadiums any time im in it!!

C'mon United!!!

In a lot of the papers today:

Manchester United want Rio Ferdinand back at Old Trafford to help spearhead an Ajax-style coaching revolution, writes Steve Baters in the Sunday People.

Plans are underway for a major shake-up of United’s Acadamy set-up with boss Louis van Gaal at the centre of an initiative to go Dutch with the club’s approach to youth development.

And they would like Ferdinand to re-join the Old Trafford staff once he quits his playing days at QPR in the summer.

They have earmarked a key role for their former star coaching, developing and mentoring both the young defenders coming through the ranks and also stars like Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Luke Shaw.

Ferdinand had a distinguished twelve year career at Old Trafford spanning 455 games during which he won six Premier League titles, a Champions League, an FA Cup and League Cup.

Van Gaal’s assistant Ryan Giggs, a long-standing teammate of Ferdinand’s, believes the club should tap into the defender’s knowledge and recruit him to the staff.

The offer will leave Ferdinand, who has a pundit contract with BT Sport, with a dilemma with the star planning media, business and charity projects when he hangs up his boots.

United’s hierarchy want to go the Ajax route and recruit major former stars to be hands on with emerging young players of the future - just like Dennis Bergkamp is doing for the Dutch side now.

Van Gaal has already said that he sees Michael Carrick - handed a one year contract extension last Friday - as a “trainer-coach” in the current set-up.

And he’s hopeful Carrick may stay on the United staff once his playing days finish.

United are ready to embark on big coaching changes behind the scenes with current Acadamy boss and former striker Brian McClair set to end a 13-year spell with the club in May.

McClair will become Performance Director at the Scottish FA triggering a huge raft of behind the scenes changes to United’s coaching set-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

13 year spell for McClair? It's been a lot longer than that.... (Edit, yeah perhaps he's been back only 13 years or so, i'd have thought they's have included his playing time as well is all)

Have to agree with the posters that are saying that they dont enjoy the Liverpool games. They are too nerve-wrecking to enjoy.
    We've enjoyed a lot of results over them, but I'm struggling to remember a game against them that I enjoyed watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Al Capwned wrote: »
    13 year spell for McClair? It's been a lot longer than that.... (Edit, yeah perhaps he's been back only 13 years or so, i'd have thought they's have included his playing time as well is all)

Have to agree with the posters that are saying that they dont enjoy the Liverpool games. They are too nerve-wrecking to enjoy.
    We've enjoyed a lot of results over them, but I'm struggling to remember a game against them that I enjoyed watching.

they always seem to raise their game against us. even in games where we have been winning by 2 goals, i always was nervous until the last minute of the game as they always seemed to get goals in the final 1/4 of games against us in recent years.

they always seem to raise their game against us. even in games where we have been winning by 2 goals, i always was nervous until the last minute of the game as they always seemed to get goals in the final 1/4 of games against us in recent years.

I think a lot of that has too do with for a VERY long thing the only thing liverpool fans were interested in was when are Man U coming too town. That was THEIR season made if they got 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

If there is one fixture in football that has defined my life this is it. Nothing else comes close. And I hate it. Absolutely hate it.

I remember in 1985, when I was only 12, watching the FA Cup semi-final replay where Paul McGrath scored an own goal to give them the lead. After we came back to go in front through Robson and Hughes I could barely watch the rest of the game for fear that 'they' were going to score an equaliser and then a winner. I suppose from then on it was always a case of looking through squinted eyes and today is no different.

The notion of United losing this and them going above us in the table is too awful to even think about. Ok there is plenty of football left in the season but a win for us today would be fkucking huge. Earlier in the week I was going along with the notion that I'd settle for a draw but fcuk that...

Come on, United!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'll be 100% avoiding that match thread today for a start. Would love to see United win it, and I think a 2-0/2-1 is possible but with the track record we have going in to this fixture I'd take a draw. Just don't lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Good preview here by Gary Neville and the Inverting The Pyramid dude Jonathon Wilson

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9767761/liverpool-v-man-utd-gary-neville-and-jonathan-wilsons-key-battles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I'll be 100% avoiding that match thread today for a start. Would love to see United win it, and I think a 2-0/2-1 is possible but with the track record we have going in to this fixture I'd take a draw. Just don't lose!

The burds niece is been christened this morning then heading to the boozer for a few pints and a bit of grub so I too will be avoiding it.

I genuinely cant call it.

We have a better squad, no doubt about that imo but they are playing very well as a unit and we arent, aside from last week. Hopefully last Sundays United will show up.

See you all later chaps, god speed.

• Haven't been this nervous before a game in a long time. Swear I was playing.

Heading to the Villa match on the 4th of April so I'm praying we bring a good result into that game

Have butterfly's my self! Was going too watch it at home but dunno will I get a sitter and go the pub instead too calm the nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

A few of us utd fans are hoping we can play like we did against Spurs. I can't see that happening against Liverpool at Anfield because they will press us higher and harder than almost any other team in the league.

If fellaini has a good game and doesn't get sent off I think he could be hugely important for us today. I'm expecting today to be an ugly match.

Nearly all the pundits are forecasting a Liverpool win. A draw will be a good result for us, a win would be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Going home to watch the game with the ould chap. We'll probably both be watchin the game from behind the couch but really lookin forward to it. As always with a game like this it could turn into a rank afternoon but on the other hand it could be a beauty. We live in hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Just watching the Spurs v Leicester highlights.
    Can't wait until United unveil the Big Red Machine next August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Quandary wrote: »
    A few of us utd fans are hoping we can play like we did against Spurs. I can't see that happening against Liverpool at Anfield because they will press us higher and harder than almost any other team in the league.

If fellaini has a good game and doesn't get sent off I think he could be hugely important for us today. I'm expecting today to be an ugly match.

Nearly all the pundits are forecasting a Liverpool win. A draw will be a good result for us, a win would be amazing.

It's more that they played exceptionally well as a team more so than the same tactics.

Naturally Spurs compared to LFC in Anfield are two very different beasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Call it blind optimism or whatever but I'm confident today. I think we'll win it!

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

I know one game should never determine a players future but I think there will be one or two under the spotlight today playing for their futures at the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Robson99 wrote: »
    I know one game should never determine a players future but I think there will be one or two under the spotlight today playing for their futures at the club

Like who?

It should be the same team as last week with/without di Maria.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement