Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You're a fan. Not their parent.

Weird posting style.

Totes awks

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Headshot wrote: »
    Im very proud of the players today. Im especially delighted for LVG. The slack he has gotten is disgraceful.

I'm delighted that LVG isn't as stubborn as I thought he was. He eventually realised that 3-5-2, Rooney in midfield/Di Maria up front and Herrera on the bench were mistakes. Now that he made those changes, we look a lot better.

I'm also delighted for Mata and Fellaini after all the abuse they have gotten. They seem to be the common scapegoats any time something goes wrong in here and showed their worth today, and not for the first time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

One word for Fellani today - absolute beast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

irishfeen wrote: »

That's two Feen
    But we'll allow it today 😜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Certainly wasn't expecting 6 points from the Spurs and Liverpool games. Huge wins.

Next week will be interesting. United at home to Villa while Arsenal/Liverpool play each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

If there is one fixture in football that has defined my life this is it. Nothing else comes close. And I hate it. Absolutely hate it.

I remember in 1985, when I was only 12, watching the FA Cup semi-final replay where Paul McGrath scored an own goal to give them the lead. After we came back to go in front through Robson and Hughes I could barely watch the rest of the game for fear that 'they' were going to score an equaliser and then a winner. I suppose from then on it was always a case of looking through squinted eyes and today is no different.

The notion of United losing this and them going above us in the table is too awful to even think about. Ok there is plenty of football left in the season but a win for us today would be fkucking huge. Earlier in the week I was going along with the notion that I'd settle for a draw but fcuk that...

Come on, United!!

Similar story today. Had to leave for work just after Sturridge scored. Started listening to the radio in the car but couldn't concentrate on the road so switched it off. Kept flicking it back on and off, the equivalent of squinting eyes. If the crowd sounded quiet I relaxed a bit. Then switched it back on just as commentator said 'Penalty!'...thought it was for them!

What a result, great effort from the team. Another Stevie G fcuk up too, couldn't have asked for more:pac::pac:

Just have to make sure we can't relax going into the Villa game, we need the same attitude as we had today and the result will come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

J. Marston wrote: »
    Certainly wasn't expecting 6 points from the Spurs and Liverpool games. Huge wins.

Next week will be interesting. United at home to Villa while Arsenal/Liverpool play each other.

I have that sickly feeling United will drop the ball in the Villa game and come away with a point. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Today second half was the perfect game for a De Jong type player to come into midfield to stiffen it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sun is out, El Clasico tonight, beat Liverpool, this makes up for no Top Gear :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Totally over the moon today was a good performance and just what we need keep the momentum going hopefully we can get a result against city in our next game and we will be well placed for a good shot at second or third.
    Mata was very good again today and Herrera deserve plaudits'
    Even tho di Maria was average looking when he came on he still got an excelent assist and made a good pass to blind for the penalty its a sign of a good player he can still make a difference even tho he didn't look too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Weird posting style.

Nah, not weird at all IMO.

As a Utd supporter I felt quite proud watching that 1st half performance. Did you by any chance feel shame watching Liverpools 1st half performance? They were beaten like dogs in their own back yard by a team who have been largely sh1te since the beginning of the year.

Today was a proud day for Utd fans. It's the ultimate bragging rights fixture of the calendar for Liverpool and Utd fans and today sadly for pool fans, the bragging rights are with Utd.

I feel proud today.

Did I mention I feel proud?

irishfeen wrote: »

It's my dream for Bangkok to say this.

Make it happen Bangkok. Entertain me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's my dream for Bangkok to say this.

I wonder will we get two weeks of positive thinking from Bangkok now it would be a nice break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Time to dust off the Hull jersey!

Sorry lads, I had it on backwards.
    We're all good now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Left the pub feeling very disappointed if I'm being honest. I hate these types of victories. A brace scored by the most inoffensive, likeable player in our squad, rather than Fellaini or Rooney... and both goals being of fantastic quality. No offside shouts, no deflections, no awkward bobbles, no handball in the build up, no dives... just plain old great goals. And their red card disgusted me. For them to get a red card that they actually deserved, ugh, it makes me sick.

To be fair to Van Gaal, he made some changes and orchestrated the whole "let's give them just enough hope to think they can pull something out of it" and he deserves credit for that. Di Maria's poor performance was a treat, and Rooney's missed penalty was the inspirational trolling only a veteran could dream up, though I thought his kick out at Mignolet was far too innocuous. He really should have used his studs more, he'll need to work on that.

The silver lining is that there were some Liverpool fans in the pub letting out some primal, animalistic grunts and frustrated huffs. This was particularly amusing. But we were too good today. It was too obvious a victory, and hearing one of those Pool fans say to his mates "we were shít, didn't deserve it" just can't be ignored - somebody needs to be held responsible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Off topic but cracker of a game at Hull.

Lads. 2-2 in hull.

I still have tickets on the positivity train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Michael Butler is some plank.

Lads. 2-2 in hull.

I still have tickets on the positivity train.

Comedy goal for the Hull equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pro. F wrote: »
    To be fair, it took him seven months to figure out how to use his squad. He deserved plenty of stick for the dumb formations and players out of position that were fùcking up the season before now.

I know where your coming from but LVG has said it would time and his first seasons at clubs isnt always the best. I suppose he was experimenting too.

The team wasnt use to 4-3-3 either and its taking them this long to finally settle down with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Said it during the Pool game, still mathematically possible for Utd to win the league. Keep improving and playing as a team, and if Van Gaal and the players really want it, no reason they can't win the rest of their fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

What a game, I wasn't confident even when we were 2-0 up around 60th min, very happy with how we controlled the game. Should have been more, Rooney should have let Mata to take penalty, Rooney's record is piss poor against Liverpool at Anfield.

Herrera and Mata were brilliant, Herrera won so many tackles it was unreal for a ManUtd midfielder. Mata showed so much intent than in any of the game. Looked great and both should start every game.

Also Di Maria made few stupid decisions and gave away the ball but that's exactly the type of player he is. Played a beauty pass to Mata, almost assist to Rooney and a pass that won the penalty for us. He creates and gives away possession, always the same player.

I know where your coming from but LVG has said it would time and his first seasons at clubs isnt always the best. I suppose he was experimenting too.

The team wasnt use to 4-3-3 either and its taking them this long to finally settle down with it.
    It was always about the long run for Louis; I still think there will be massive changes even before next season. Will never forgive him for bringing in Falcao and forcing Welbeck out however. But then Ferguson wasn't perfect either, all great managers make bad decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

K4t wrote: »
    Said it during the Pool game, still mathematically possible for Utd to win the league. Keep improving and playing as a team, and if Van Gaal and the players really want it, no reason they can't win the rest of their fixtures.

I'll give you 100/1.

Johner wrote: »
    I'll give you 100/1.
    I'll give you a fiver..

adox wrote: »
    Comedy goal for the Hull equaliser.

Shut your mouth

• It's my dream for Bangkok to say this.

Just re-login ;)

Im still buzzing

If we keep this form up, who knows about the title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Im still buzzing

If we keep this form up, who knows about the title?

Weird posting style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Great day

CAtwBOMWAAEszxm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How Rodgers can come on sky there and try too defend skertel is Unreal! Hope the fa hammer him after all the whining from Rodgers when costa done it too liverpool last time

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just re-login ;)

Will you log out for 2 mins please

Januzaj not smiling - wants out.

Di Maria and De Gea faking it - signs are ominous.

• Will you log out for 2 mins please
    No..never..not on a day like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Gerrard's highlight today for anyone who missed it.

santino-marella-royal-rumble-2-o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Aidric wrote: »
    Great day

CAtwBOMWAAEszxm.jpg

The head on Blind. Like a pig in sh1te! :D

Keno wrote: »
    Gerrard's highlight today for anyone who missed it.

santino-marella-royal-rumble-2-o.gif

Man that is harsh on santino lol

I had to get up at 6:20am to see the match today, delighted I did :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hindsight is 20/20 and all but still, no harm having a laugh at this...

https://twitter.com/BusbyMUFC/status/579677688002154496

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Weird posting style.

So it's ok to discuss headshot's posting style but not yours?
    This has been brought up consistantly & proven to be not true.

Please refrain from discussing me/or my posting styles. Thanks.

About 20 minutes between the two posts, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

K4t wrote: »
    Januzaj not smiling - wants out.

Di Maria and De Gea faking it - signs are ominous.

Falcao & Di Maria not wearing their jerseys. Sign of things to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

mewe wrote: »
    The head on Blind. Like a pig in sh1te! :D

He's quite pale, he looks a bit like Michael Myers in that picture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

'Macca' will be crying no doubt, he has been waiting for United to slip out of top 4 all season

What has LVG said after the match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Great to get one over on that shower especially since they were calling us a 1 man long ball team all week and how they were going to hammer us, what are ye hoping for with the Arsenal V Liverpool game next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Keno wrote: »
    CAtfdy9VEAAkY9x.jpg

Someone photoshop a backwards cap, skateboard, sunglasses and 90s themed clothes on mata, please!!!

A quick Job
    8fgegP.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

#15 wrote: »
    So it's ok to discuss headshot's posting style but not yours?

About 20 minutes between the two posts, lol

Brilliant. Would be surprised if this post is acknowledged though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

With the dip in Chelsea's form I'm sick at how many silly points we dropped this season. Could have been up there

Great to get one over on that shower especially since they were calling us a 1 man long ball team all week and how they were going to hammer us, what are ye hoping for with the Arsenal V Liverpool game next week?

Wasn't that the narrative you were spinning in the match thread pre game? Comparing Fellaini to Andy Caroll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What has LVG said after the match?

I heard he walked out in front of the camera and said "Lol... that is all"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement