Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

J. Marston wrote: »
    Hindsight is 20/20 and all but still, no harm having a laugh at this...

https://twitter.com/BusbyMUFC/status/579677688002154496

You want hindsight? I'll give you some hindsight...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-vs-man-5371271

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Headshot wrote: »
    Im very proud of the players today. Im especially delighted for LVG. The slack he has gotten is disgraceful.

The slack he got was deserved.

All season people have been slating the players, saying they aren't good enough and we need to spend hundreds of millions on replacements. But the quality was always there, and games like today and last week show that the quality is there, all that was needed was for the manager to pull his finger out and start using it.

Herrera and Mata in the side, Rooney up front, stop trying to squeeze Falcao and Van Persie into the side and ditch 352, none of that was rocket science yet it has taken until March for it to happen.

Unlike our earlier victory over Liverpool this one was fully deserved, but it certainly doesn't absolve Van Gaal of the mistakes he has made up to this point. Lets just hope he has learned a few lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You're a fan. Not their parent.

Weird posting style.

Ahem...
    Mr Alan wrote:
    The fact we have actually have come so close is something to be incredibly proud of, not something to be ridiculed (if anyone is being in any way genuine). Coming so close makes it hurt like ****, but it's still something to be proud of.

You're a fan, Alan. Not their parent
    Mr Alan wrote:
    Everton's conduct recently & indeed over the years regarding Hillsborough & the families fight for justice has been nothing short of exceptional.

You lads should be extremely proud.

You're a fellow supporter Al. You're not their parent.
    Mr Alan wrote:
    imo & this was as a result of them having a stronger than us, probably the strongest squad ever assembled in the PL, imo we can be very proud of running them close & feel confident about the future

Still a fan there Al. Still not their parent.
    Mr Alan wrote:
    you look at our squad & you see nothing to be proud of?! you wonder why people with attitudes similar to yours are ridiculed?

Does that mean you see something to be proud of? Because if it does, you know that means.

You're not their parent, Alan. Not their parent.
    Mr Alan wrote:
    i am proud that liverpool fans are not following the same route other clubs have gone down.

Alan = fan. Not = parent. Say it with me.
    Mr Alan wrote:
    Yea but look at Bono, Colin Farrell, Glen Hansard, The Thrills, Ronan Keating etc all these people get stick constantly....despite actually being something this country can be proud of.

Unless Bono, Colin Farrell, Glen Hansard, The Thrills and Ronan Keating all spent a period of time developing in your womb, you have no right to be proud of them. Remember Al, you're a fan.

Not their parent.
    Mr Alan wrote:
    i've thought for quite a long time, that as a team we are too "nice/honest/hardworking", thats all well and good and something fans can be proud off, but now we need to add some "class/creativity" to that.

Al, cut out the pride. What are you, their parent!? No, you're not.

• The slack he got was deserved.

All season people have been slating the players, saying they aren't good enough and we need to spend hundreds of millions on replacements. But the quality was always there, and games like today and last week show that the quality is there, all that was needed was for the manager to pull his finger out and start using it.

Herrera and Mata in the side, Rooney up front, stop trying to squeeze Falcao and Van Persie into the side and ditch 352, none of that was rocket science yet it has taken until March for it to happen.

Unlike our earlier victory over Liverpool this one was fully deserved, but it certainly doesn't absolve Van Gaal of the mistakes he has made up to this point. Lets just hope he has learned a few lessons.

Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Lads Di Maria will have some job to shift Mata from the starting lineup...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

OT96njI.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

TO PIMP A BUTTERFLY!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

irishfeen wrote: »

He can play on the left too or in the middle.

Young came off injured I thinked so could be in in his place next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

irishfeen wrote: »

I do look forward to Di Maria properly linking up with Herrera and Mata on the field, seeing actual flowing football instead of this pass it wide to Valencia crap we've put up with for too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

quoting Mr Alan

brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Anyone else feel that after almost two seasons we have finally tunred a corner?

Thats two dominant preformance against good oposition in a row now. Yes there were periods Liverpool were on top but twice now we have dominated possesion with slick midfeild passing and good pressing of the opposition.

I think LVG now knows his best XI to create his footballing "philosophy" on the pitch.

It may be only two games but I have feeling its finally clicked and I'm looking forward to the tough run in now and the prospect of third or second place.

Big Props today to Mata of course but Fellaini was great too. He patrolled his defensive cover area like it was a NATO no fly zone and was a great outball option for our players when things got tight. He is a real asset to this team and offers a different dimension that other players can't. UTD quality through and through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

A Good summer training and hopefully not a lot of Pre season games back to back will get the team sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Fellaini was great too. He patrolled his defensive cover area like it was a NATO no fly zone and was a great outball option for our players when things got tight. He is a real asset to this team and offers a different dimension that other players can't. UTD quality through and through.
    Ha ha after all the crap I read today that line made me spit coke all over my iPad

Fair play!!

On current for we should not fear both City and Chelsea.. Although one game at time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I do look forward to Di Maria properly linking up with Herrera and Mata on the field, seeing actual flowing football instead of this pass it wide to Valencia crap we've put up with for too long.

The Most important thing with the City game is the risk of one of our players getting sent off. If the ref can keep the red in his pocket we could win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Anyone else feel that after almost two seasons we have finally tunred a corner?

Thats two dominant preformance against good oposition in a row now. Yes there were periods Liverpool were on top but twice now we have dominated possesion with slick midfeild passing and good pressing of the opposition.

I think LVG now knows his best XI to create his footballing "philosophy" on the pitch.

It may be only two games but I have feeling its finally clicked and I'm looking forward to the tough run in now and the prospect of third or second place.

Big Props today to Mata of course but Fellaini was great too. He patrolled his defensive cover area like it was a NATO no fly zone and was a great outball option for our players when things got tight. He is a real asset to this team and offers a different dimension that other players can't. UTD quality through and through.

I definitely do, if we were to start the season now with this team and what LVG knows about the team now we would be a lot closer to Chelsea and title contenders

Fellaini has been great and anyone that thinks hes a stop gap or we are now a long ball team are deluded.
    Fellaini brings balance to the team, he can go back and help out Herrera and Carrick when we are up against it and hes also awkward as **** for defenders to deal with, he was great again today, he brings our other flair players into play and him doing his job allows players like Mata to do theirs. He' now playing the position he played for Everton when he had that outstanding season, id be very confident of the trio of carrick,herrera and fellaini being in a title contending team next seasn, we need to buy a Right back and a centre half though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Also his defensive side of things was spot on today he won lots of ball in our box

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ha ha after all the crap I read today that line made me spit coke all over my iPad

Fair play!!

Perhaps you've had too much coke and that's your problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

All the tweets, I can wait to see what the next PR tweet posted by the player's PR on behalf of the player will say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

• Advertisement

All the tweets, I can wait to see what the next PR tweet posted by the player's PR on behalf of the player will say.
    Haha look lots of people aren't on Twitter .. People might want to see them.

I definitely do, if we were to start the season now with this team and what LVG knows about the team now we would be a lot closer to Chelsea and title contenders

Fellaini has been great and anyone that thinks hes a stop gap or we are now a long ball team are deluded.
    Fellaini brings balance to the team, he can go back and help out Herrera and Carrick when we are up against it and hes also awkward as **** for defenders to deal with, he was great again today, he brings our other flair players into play and him doing his job allows players like Mata to do theirs. He' now playing the position he played for Everton when he had that outstanding season, id be very confident of the trio of carrick,herrera and fellaini being in a title contending team next seasn, we need to buy a Right back and a centre half though

But......less than two weeks ago:
    For all the money spent in the summer, this United team are very very average. We still need massive investment, apart from Rooney and De Gea who of our other players would get into the Chelsea, City Teams? We wont be title contenders next summer because the amount of players we need is too many for 1 window, Blind and Herrera are not good enough, Better than Cleverley and Anderson and a Finished Fletcher but Still not good enough for us, heres what needs to happen in the summer

1. Leave Falcao go back to Monaco
    2. Tell RVP he's Rooneys back up and Wont play as many games next season or if he does not accept that sell him and buy a striker that will accept it
    3.Start Juan Mata
    4.Give Di Maria another chance
    5.Buy a world class winger that scores goals, Bale or Griezmann
    6.Buy an all round world class midfielder, Pogba
    7.Buy a Right back, Danillo
    8.Buy a No nonsense Centre back, Godin

and most of all

9.Sign up David de Gea for Life

Hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mata since he's joined

33 league games 13 goals 7 assists

Hazard this season

29 league games 11 goals 6 assists

When you add in the fact Mata hasn't been a consistent starter and had a chance to gain form through playing that is something else, Hazard is widely considered one of the best players in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ahem...
    You're a fan, Alan. Not their parent
    You're a fellow supporter Al. You're not their parent.
    Still a fan there Al. Still not their parent.
    Does that mean you see something to be proud of? Because if it does, you know that means.
    You're not their parent, Alan. Not their parent.
    Alan = fan. Not = parent. Say it with me.

Unless Bono, Colin Farrell, Glen Hansard, The Thrills and Ronan Keating all spent a period of time developing in your womb, you have no right to be proud of them. Remember Al, you're a fan.

Not their parent.

Al, cut out the pride. What are you, their parent!? No, you're not.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Hope the momentum built up by these two great wins isn't interrupted by the international break!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Great result today.

Was nervous coming into this period of fixtures and can't believe we've had our best two performances of the year in arguably the two biggest games we've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Mata should start over Di Maria easily for the rest of the season. Keep the same team gonig aswell. good day.

Our next game v Villa could be even more important then City/Chelsea after .. Arsenal v Liverpool that weekend too, Arsenal win, we win then Pool are all but put to bed (8 points behind)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I thought Fellaini was a bit clumsy today but he was instrumental in the first goal and bossed the penalty area for a lot of Liverpool set pieces. He's going to be a Manchester United player for a long time I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Nolars wrote: »
    Mata should start over Di Maria easily for the rest of the season. Keep the same team gonig aswell. good day.

Di Maria needs games, he's been ****e and still has great stats. Hard on Young but there's no point in letting a player of Di Maria's quality waste away on the bench after paying so much for him.
    He needs to get right.

adox wrote: »
    But......less than two weeks ago:

Hmmm.

Whats your point?

Whats your point?

You have done a complete u turn in under two weeks. Hard to take you seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

Great to get the victory, just when we were starting to build a bit of momentum it's time for the international break :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Bit of luck Blind comes back from the break with two knees this time.

• Advertisement

• Nolars wrote: »

Its more of a battle between young v di maria than mata v di maria tbh

Mata has solidified his position in the first 11 and if Lvg cannot spot this at this stage it would frustrate me

Carrick and herrera do a lot of the work mata doesn't and this is perfect for mata

Gives him time to play into space and opens up opportunities for attack and none of this sideways passing ****e

You have done a complete u turn in under two weeks. Hard to take you seriously.

NO I Have not read those 2 posts again and show me how I am contradicting myself?

You seem to have a bit of an obsession with me at the moment , but regarding the above with what I said 2 weeks ago and my post today there isn't the massive contradiction your trying to make it look like , again heres what I said

1. Leave Falcao go back to Monaco STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION FALCAO WASNT PLAYING TODAY

2. Tell RVP he's Rooneys back up and Wont play as many games next season or if he does not accept that sell him and buy a striker that will accept it STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION RVP WASNT PLAYING TODAY AND DOESNT DESERVE TO START EVEN THOUGH ROONEY HAD AN OFF GAME

3.Start Juan Mata STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION MATA WAS PLAYING TODAY WAS WAS CLASS

4.Give Di Maria another chance STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION HES OFF FORM BUT SAID I AM WILLING TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE

7.Buy a Right back, Danillo STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION I SAID 2 WEEKS AGO WE NEED A RIGHT BACK , I SAID TODAY WE NEED A RIGHT BACK

8.Buy a No nonsense Centre back, Godin STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION I SAID 2 WEEKS AGO WE NEED A CENTRE BACK , I SAID TODAY WE NEED A CENTRE BACK

9.sign up David de Gea for Life STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION DIDNT SAY ANYTHING 2 WEEKS AGO OR TODAY

The only small contradiction are in points 5 and 6 when I said Id like pogba and either bale or griezmann and what fans wouldn't want those players , but theres no massive contradiction in what I said today compared to 2 weeks ago and you must also remember 2 weeks ago came before our 2 best performances of the season, so please have a good read of posts before reposting old posts of mine or you'll make yourself look silly

NO I Have not read those 2 posts again and show me how I am contradicting myself?

You seem to have a bit of an obsession with me at the moment , but regarding the above with what I said 2 weeks ago and my post today there isn't the massive contradiction your trying to make it look like , again heres what I said

1. Leave Falcao go back to Monaco STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION FALCAO WASNT PLAYING TODAY

2. Tell RVP he's Rooneys back up and Wont play as many games next season or if he does not accept that sell him and buy a striker that will accept it STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION RVP WASNT PLAYING TODAY AND DOESNT DESERVE TO START EVEN THOUGH ROONEY HAD AN OFF GAME

3.Start Juan Mata STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION MATA WAS PLAYING TODAY WAS WAS CLASS

4.Give Di Maria another chance STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION HES OFF FORM BUT SAID I AM WILLING TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE

7.Buy a Right back, Danillo STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION I SAID 2 WEEKS AGO WE NEED A RIGHT BACK , I SAID TODAY WE NEED A RIGHT BACK

8.Buy a No nonsense Centre back, Godin STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION I SAID 2 WEEKS AGO WE NEED A CENTRE BACK , I SAID TODAY WE NEED A CENTRE BACK

9.sign up David de Gea for Life STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION DIDNT SAY ANYTHING 2 WEEKS AGO OR TODAY

The only small contradiction are in points 5 and 6 when I said Id like pogba and either bale or griezmann and what fans wouldn't want those players , but theres no massive contradiction in what I said today compared to 2 weeks ago and you must also remember 2 weeks ago came before our 2 best performances of the season, so please have a good read of posts before reposting old posts of mine or you'll make yourself look silly

You conveniently left out the two most relevant contradictory points in your posts.

As I said, hard to take you seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads caragher is a total plonker he is unreal boring takes five minutes to make a point and then it turns into nothing, henry falling asleep beside him.

I remember there was a bit of talk during the January transfer window about Mata being a Liverpool target. Thinking back at the comments about how he wouldn't be good enough for them, past his peak, luxury player etc... Brings a massive smile to my face. I f*cking love him.

You conveniently left out the two most relevant contradictory points in your posts.

As I said, hard to take you seriously.

No I haven't I made my point about 5 and 6 in the paragraph at the end and that's only 2, 7 of the 9 points that I made 2 weeks ago are still valid and don't contradict anything I said today

Of course you probably realise there isn't the massive contradiction and are just trying to take the moral high ground now

I have to ask you if you don't want to take me seriously why don't just ignore and don't respond to my posts

See van Gaal butting into the Neville analysis? :pac:
    Still hanging around Anfield hours after the match, milking it :D

• I remember there was a bit of talk during the January transfer window about Mata being a Liverpool target. Thinking back at the comments about how he wouldn't be good enough for them, past his peak, luxury player etc... Brings a massive smile to my face. I f*cking love him.

I have been critical of him but only for defensive reasons. Carrick and herrara compliment him perfectly

He's truely sublime technically and an awesome attack minded player this squad had been without for ages

We need to bring in a replacement for Carrick in the next two years IMO to continue this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What a result. Another dominating first half performance.

Slacked of a bit in the second half, maybe some complacency, felt we were giving them the initiative.

The Gerrard cameo was absolutely laughable, was proper roaring when he got red. (Btw fair play to Mata, Gerrards first tackle was tyical him, Mata got straight back up) Skyrtel(or whatever you call that horrible cretin) should get a retro 3 match ban

Felt Spurs and Liverpool were the real tricky ties here, felt we have a very good chance against Chelsea, City and Arsenal. Well **** me, what a way for the team to respond. Not only 6 points, but impressive performances to boot.

Absolutely chuffed to be honest. A lot of tears for Gerrard going around on twitter, **** him, sick of the "narrative" following him around all season, absolutely delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I remember there was a bit of talk during the January transfer window about Mata being a Liverpool target. Thinking back at the comments about how he wouldn't be good enough for them, past his peak, luxury player etc... Brings a massive smile to my face. I f*cking love him.

I got more of a smile from the hoofball comments then there best chances apart from the goal come from a long cross field pass to sturridge and a few long balls over top to try get sterling in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement