Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

See van Gaal butting into the Neville analysis? :pac:
    Still hanging around Anfield hours after the match, milking it :D

Id be still there too soaking it all in haha.

• TheDoc wrote: »
    What a result. Another dominating first half performance.

Slacked of a bit in the second half, maybe some complacency, felt we were giving them the initiative.

The Gerrard cameo was absolutely laughable, was proper roaring when he got red. (Btw fair play to Mata, Gerrards first tackle was tyical him, Mata got straight back up) Skyrtel(or whatever you call that horrible cretin) should get a retro 3 match ban

Felt Spurs and Liverpool were the real tricky ties here, felt we have a very good chance against Chelsea, City and Arsenal. Well **** me, what a way for the team to respond. Not only 6 points, but impressive performances to boot.

Absolutely chuffed to be honest. A lot of tears for Gerrard going around on twitter, **** him, sick of the "narrative" following him around all season, absolutely delighted.

English media is hilarious

Must protect there precious slippy stampy g

He should be hung up for his cynical ****e

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Top 5 head to head table

oUte9VM.jpg

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Top 5 head to head table

oUte9VM.jpg

But apparently we had the worst run in and hadn't a hope only last week

City are there for the taking as are Chelsea imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That first half performance was brilliant,took control of the game,I thought Pool would try to start fast and put Utd under pressure but Utd just took the sting out of them and played some great stuff,lets push on now against Villa and put the pressure on City and Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Top 5 head to head table

oUte9VM.jpg

As I said all along I'm delighted we playing all our rivals at end of the season we perform better against the big teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Van Gaal is always good in big games, you could see that throughout his career (ssssh about that certain game at lansdowne road)

I think if we are in the CL next season, we won't look like a fish out of water like Liverpool this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

To put this win in perspective lads... the last time the Pool lost before today in the PL was at Old Trafford on 14 Dec...

Their record was almost perfect - 10 wins, 3 draws. (including dismantling City)

To totally outplay them in the first 45min in Anfield was a brilliant achievement by any measure.

LVG's tactical awareness in completely stopping Coutinho & Lallana playing was exceptional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No I haven't I made my point about 5 and 6 in the paragraph at the end and that's only 2, 7 of the 9 points that I made 2 weeks ago are still valid and don't contradict anything I said today

Of course you probably realise there isn't the massive contradiction and are just trying to take the moral high ground now

I have to ask you if you don't want to take me seriously why don't just ignore and don't respond to my posts

My original quoting of your posts shows exactly the point I was making. You have tried to refute it by re quoting yourself and leaving out the most relevant points!

I don't take you seriously but that doesn't mean I won't respond to you or call you out, especially if you are changing your opinions completely within a game or two. It's not exclusive to you and it's not exclusive to me. People are called out on here all the time. I'm sure I've spouted nonsense at some stage and been called out on it and rightly so.

Going from having an opinion that the team needs huge investment, too much and too many players to buy in the summer to be title challengers next season, to this team could have challenged for the league and can next year with the current midfield(including Fellaini who only hours ago you were comparing to Andy Carroll in the match thread) within a couple of games smells of bs and will rightly be called out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Couldn't find any posts about our peno, IMO Mata should have took it, full of confidence, bag his hattrick whereas Rooney wasn't on form at all

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Couldn't find any posts about our peno, IMO Mata should have took it, full of confidence, bag his hattrick whereas Rooney wasn't on form at all

Yeah probably so but Rooney the regular peno taker, captain and think only had one goal in ten years at Anfield, so in no way surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

CAtuYpdWwAAOO7w.jpg

Just had a great result away from home and all the kids here can do is argue about who said what and who changed their mind. Get over it we all change opinions from time to time was a good day to be a fan again I'm over the moon still...

On another note my 3 brothers are pool fans and are over at the game today I cant wait to meet them for drinks tomorrow night to discuss the game its gonna be an interesting few pints :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Been away from boards most of the day but watched the match, great first half once again and showed enough composure to see it out.

Delighted with the current results and all that possession football that seemed to produce no end product at the start of the year seems to have laid the foundation for some great attacking play we've been seeing in the last 4-5 games or so.

Have to say my only real concern is again just like Spurs match we came out flying in the first half got a lead and once it looked like we had it one we stepped back a bit and changed the style of play. Sure it's working now but I just hope it doesn't end up in us throwing away a crucial lead at some point.

City match now will be huge, take any points out of it and I'll be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

jayo26 wrote: »
    As I said all along I'm delighted we playing all our rivals at end of the season we perform better against the big teams.

Complete 180 on last season, couldn't beat the top 6 and couldn't win and Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So nice to see everyone happy and so postive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

NO I Have not read those 2 posts again and show me how I am contradicting myself?

You seem to have a bit of an obsession with me at the moment , but regarding the above with what I said 2 weeks ago and my post today there isn't the massive contradiction your trying to make it look like , again heres what I said

1. Leave Falcao go back to Monaco STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION FALCAO WASNT PLAYING TODAY

2. Tell RVP he's Rooneys back up and Wont play as many games next season or if he does not accept that sell him and buy a striker that will accept it STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION RVP WASNT PLAYING TODAY AND DOESNT DESERVE TO START EVEN THOUGH ROONEY HAD AN OFF GAME

3.Start Juan Mata STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION MATA WAS PLAYING TODAY WAS WAS CLASS

4.Give Di Maria another chance STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION HES OFF FORM BUT SAID I AM WILLING TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE

5.Buy a world class winger that scores goals, Bale or Griezmann

6.Buy an all round world class midfielder, Pogba

7.Buy a Right back, Danillo STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION I SAID 2 WEEKS AGO WE NEED A RIGHT BACK , I SAID TODAY WE NEED A RIGHT BACK

8.Buy a No nonsense Centre back, Godin STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION I SAID 2 WEEKS AGO WE NEED A CENTRE BACK , I SAID TODAY WE NEED A CENTRE BACK

9.sign up David de Gea for Life STILL AGREE NO CONTRADICTION DIDNT SAY ANYTHING 2 WEEKS AGO OR TODAY

The only small contradiction are in points 5 and 6 when I said Id like pogba and either bale or griezmann and what fans wouldn't want those players , but theres no massive contradiction in what I said today compared to 2 weeks ago and you must also remember 2 weeks ago came before our 2 best performances of the season, so please have a good read of posts before reposting old posts of mine or you'll make yourself look silly

lol. I think it's glaringly obvious that the part of your post to be addressed was tgis:
    r all the money spent in the summer, this United team are very very average. We still need massive investment, apart from Rooney and De Gea who of our other players would get into the Chelsea, City Teams? We wont be title contenders next summer because the amount of players we need is too many for 1 window, Blind and Herrera are not good enough, Better than Cleverley and Anderson and a Finished Fletcher but Still not good enough for us, heres what needs to happen in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Headshot wrote: »
    I know where your coming from but LVG has said it would time and his first seasons at clubs isnt always the best. I suppose he was experimenting too.

The team wasnt use to 4-3-3 either and its taking them this long to finally settle down with it.

The first time LVG used this formation with Rooney up front and Herrera in midfield was against Newcastle 18 days ago. By the next game against Arsenal the team had already started to click, until LVG took Herrera off.

LVG's talk of methods, philosophy, change and players adapting is all an act to buy himself time.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just had a great result away from home and all the kids here can do is argue about who said what and who changed their mind. Get over it we all change opinions from time to time was a good day to be a fan again I'm over the moon still...

On another note my 3 brothers are pool fans and are over at the game today I cant wait to meet them for drinks tomorrow night to discuss the game its gonna be an interesting few pints :):)

Would be a boring place if posts you objected to were left unchallenged.

I'm 48 btw.

adox wrote: »
    Yeah probably so but Rooney the regular peno taker, captain and think only had one goal in ten years at Anfield, so in no way surprising.

Agree I don't blame him for taking it in noway at all, he is a striker and wants goals no matter how they come id be dissapointed if he handed the ball to Mata.

• Advertisement

CAtuYpdWwAAOO7w.jpg

Ha. Herreras reaction is great.

adox wrote: »
    Would be a boring place if posts you objected to were left unchallenged.

I'm 48 btw.

I understand that but some of the wording and phrasing is a bit over the top, I often say few things and change my mind few mins later I wouldn't be afraid to admit it either,,,

48 going on 10 haha only messing mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Some great pictures doing the rounds on twitter tonight.

CAuWFQEUcAA4CfD.png

CAuYDfHXEAAYD2q.jpg

CAuNjfFUgAEK2Z_.png

CAtTXjUUcAAxQcD.jpg

Pro. F wrote: »
    The first time LVG used this formation with Rooney up front and Herrera in midfield was against Newcastle 18 days ago. By the next game against Arsenal the team had already started to click, until LVG took Herrera off.

LVG's talk of methods, philosophy, change and players adapting is all an act to buy himself time.

Haha I agree somewhat. I think Smallings improvement on the ball is down to the "Philosophy" our retention of the ball in the first half was fantastic the back 4 and Carrick used the ball very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Table vs top third teams so far this season.

Image%202015-03-22%20at%206.26.43%20pm.png

Was just thinking today would of been a good game for chicarito in second half when we made the sub and brought falcao on I think he would of been a proper thorn in their backside for last half hour today he would of stretched them. I know it wont happen but wouldn't mind seen him back at club and in the team next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

The Premier League is so average now that it's difficult to calculate how far United are behind the teams we are ultimately chasing. But those are concerns for another season.

Good win today.

So happy. :D

beno619 wrote: »
    Haha I agree somewhat. I think Smallings improvement on the ball is down to the "Philosophy" our retention of the ball in the first half was fantastic the back 4 and Carrick used the ball very well.

His philosophy is ball retention and it looks like the team is getting there they had great possession stats against Liverpool today in first half the only difference now is they are pressing and pushing forward with the ball.

Edit: Sorry just realised I as good as repeated what you said haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

zerks wrote: »
    Table vs top third teams so far this season.

Image%202015-03-22%20at%206.26.43%20pm.png

We should be more worried about the Villa game than the Liverpool game so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Great to win today on merit rather than some dubious decision or last minute winner due to a Gerrard slip!!!

I'm off to the Villa game for my first game at OY, place will be rocking hopefully.

Really pleased how Herrara how proved himself to Van Gaal, he is a cracking player plus he and Mata work really well.

I have a worry that where we struggle right now is when teams play a super defensive game. Teams like Spurs and Liverpool try to play out, and we hit them quick back. Smaller teams though clog the box up, and we struggle to break through them :/.

dahat wrote: »

I'm off to the Villa game for my first game at OY, place will be rocking hopefully

Old Yrafford?

We should be more worried about the Villa game than the Liverpool game so.

City and Chelsea to come after that,we owe City one and Chelsea look like they are going to fall over the line to the title, 6 points for us from those games surely?:cool:

• Advertisement

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    I have a worry that where we struggle right now is when teams play a super defensive game. Teams like Spurs and Liverpool try to play out, and we hit them quick back. Smaller teams though clog the box up, and we struggle to break through them :/.

Creativity is the key

Unlock the defence with players like mata, Carrick, fellani and Herrera on the pitch

Rooney making space, regardless if he plays well or not

Lord TSC wrote: »

I think we have the players and system to stretch teams now. I wouldn't feel confident if we still shoehorning RVP and Falcao into the side. We also have goals from everywhere even if our forwards arnt providing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Blind making Can look like a fool was superb to watch, such a calm player. Didn't have best of days but this moment was pure class.

http://gfycat.com/ParchedTidyItalianbrownbear

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Blind making Can look like a fool was superb to watch, such a calm player. Didn't have best of days but this moment was pure class.

Here you go buddy.

ParchedTidyItalianbrownbear.gif

The sport keeps on coming. El Classico about to start. Hopefully Madrid win and Ronaldo gets on the score sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

rip match thread, you won't be forgotten <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Do we get to make a pic now of LVG looking up at Fergie in the stand asking how am I doing boss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

****it, for the day thats in it

Just had this result in FM

tNpF0qx.jpg

• Unearthly wrote: »
    rip match thread, you won't be forgotten <3

Never forget :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im going to miss that Match Thread :(

Such a shame. Never forget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Im going to miss that Match Thread :(

Such a shame. Never forget

Closed v quickly wasn't it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Trilla wrote: »
    Closed v quickly wasn't it?!

I wonder what would happen if the result was the other way round ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was working all day but just here to say

Boom!!!!!

Hibs win would have been lovely but it ain't going spoil today. Savage win. Roll on MOTD.

I have Ben and Jerry Cookie Dough and Crisps at the ready. Thank you Mata, thank you very much.

I wonder what would happen if the result was the other way round ;)

Conspiracy Theories
    >

Meanwhile, drop discussion of mod decisions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement