Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Top 5 head to head table

oUte9VM.jpg

Meh, not having any of that. I believe Liverpool fans when they say Van Gaal is not better than Moyes and posts some nonsense Moyes vs Van Gaal stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Di Maria passes today (74% successful)

CAukRrtUwAE3_71.png

... I'd just love to see this lad kick into form, the great player at Real is in there somewhere - just one bit of luck could change his fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Conspiracy Theories
    >

Meanwhile, drop discussion of mod decisions.

Are we allowed talk about the match here?

Edit: Sorry I checked and we're not.

Specific matches, major transfers and major news stories are not the purpose of superthreads. PLEASE keep this discussion to the Match Threads/Matchweek threads or discussion threads that are created. NO MATCH INCIDENT DISCUSSION WILL BE TOLERATED IN SUPERTHREADS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

There's a wonderful high ground to be exploited here. I hope no one spoils it with petty one-upmanship.

I think we can put the myth to the bed now that Mata can/should only play as #10, he looks great from wide right and he has played most of his career as a winger. He looks lot more dangerous from RW.

Ah lads, great times, I dunno where to start...

Ok, first up I'd like to thank The Academy, just to be nominated and placed amongst these great people here is a privilege in itself. Next up I'd like to thank the one and only GOD...my neighbour Gerry O'Donnell, only for him I wouldn't have got to see the 2nd half because my internet died and he supplied me with his wi-fi code...

Right that's enough of that shíte, but I'm still on a cloud here! The missus and the dogs darted into the kitchen to make sure that I wasn't stroking-out when Mata scored that volley. Take a bow Juan, class personified. That feeling the moment he struck the net and in the immediate aftermath - If you could bottle that feeling and sell it, then MDMA/ecstacy would be outsold into obsolescence very quickly. Pure elation, and I couldn't stop laughing. Just imagine how the man himself feels, delighted for Juan Mata.

I said here a few days ago that I wouldn't take the draw if offered because we could get the win, that Mata and Herrera would be instrumental in getting a win, and also that we needed a captain's performance from Rooney for the win. 2 out of 3 wasn't bad, but I was disappointed with Rooney's overall performance today and the lacklustre penalty. Some say that maybe he should have let Juan take the penalty for the hatrick, but the team comes before individual player and I think Rooney as our best penalty-taker should have just taken a better one. Mignolet came out looking very well there very easily. Speaking of team before player, Juan demonstrated that this is built into his psyche; Near the end when they were trying to see-out the game, Juan got himself into positions with the ball where he could have taken on the shot but chose to pass it safely and retain possession, very selfless and the kind of attitude I love to see in a United player.

Di Maria played a great ball in for Mata's volley, but wtf was he doing catching the ball before it went out of play?? He was still almost a metre from the line when he caught it. Dublin or Meath GAA could do worse than sign him up! For me though, it offered a clear glance at just how not in the game his mind currently is, and I think United were very lucky that they weren't reduced to 10 when he did it. I'm looking forward to seeing him finally settle in the club and get back to his best, it will happen. He is underachieving at the moment but still has optimal stats, imagine what it will be like when he isn't just running on auto-pilot.

Gerrard's appearance might have come because of Lallana's injury rather than a tactical change, but he very clearly went out on the field with the intention of 'teaching a lesson' (read: causing hurt) immediately to the nippy Spaniards who made life tough for his fellow team-mates in the first half. A common tactic in the game I know, but he definitely went way overboard with the stamp on Herrera and the challenge with Mata was crunching. From Kung-Fu Cantona to Jonny 'Phantom Spitter' Evans, United players past and present have let the team and club down, but the blatant disregard for the careers/well-being of fellow professionals from certain Liverpool players today was disgraceful. Really thought better of Gerrard, not a whole lot, but better. As for Skrtel on DDG, that was even worse IMO. No excuse for either, but Gerrard was attempting to lay down a marker, impose himself on the game albeit a little too much. Skrtel was cowardly and sly. He knew that once DDG got that ball the game was over, and there was nothing to be got for his team today. That stamp was a "enjoy your 3 points, but you'll be hurtin...". Whether DDG stays at United for another year, 5, 10, whatever, he is going to be a superstar for whoever he plays for and has a bright future ahead. Part of me thought "How fúckin dare you Martin Skrtel." The ref didn't want to deal with it, hopefully the F.A. will.

Going to try to wind this post up, but not before commending LVG. The man might be stubborn but clearly not immovable in his ways. If he was immovable, Rooney would have been in CM today with ADM and Falcao up front. The manager is deserving of criticism so far no doubt, but has shown lately that these mistakes worth criticising were mostly part of a learning curve and he is adjusting the recipe as he goes along to find the perfect brew.

A lot can still happen in the remaining 8 games, but Top 4 is starting to look a likely outcome. 6 massive points gained over the last week with a home game against Villa next up. Technically, with home games to come against City and Arsenal, 2nd is within reach. Talk of winning the league? Not now, next year...next year will be our year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ronnie just scored in the Clasico and Suarez acting the cnut.

Was working all day but just here to say

Boom!!!!!

Hibs win would have been lovely but it ain't going spoil today. Savage win. Roll on MOTD.

I have Ben and Jerry Cookie Dough and Crisps at the ready. Thank you Mata, thank you very much.

Just for you.
    550ed902b9527.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

zerks wrote: »

What am I missing here lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

zerks wrote: »
    Just for you.

Love it!!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Never forget :)
    Headshot wrote: »
    Im going to miss that Match Thread :(

Such a shame. Never forget

Football is football chaps but making reference to an incident where 96 football fans perished is scum of the earth behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Another thing to add on today, how on earth does Sterling think he's worth £150k a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

It will be very interesting to see when RVP gets back fit what LVG will do.
    The only changes i would like to see happening from this team is Rojo instead of Jones and maybe DiMaria for Young.... I cant believe im only considering DiMaria for Young... I would have sold young for 20k last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Augeo wrote: »
    Football is football chaps but making reference to an incident where 96 football fans perished is scum of the earth behaviour.

I didn't link it to that until you said it and I'm sure the guys didn't mean that and If they did that's not on at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wut?

I though they were referencing Take That.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Yea Take That are a hideous bunch

If Rooney is worth 300k a week, we should be happy that it's created problems for our rivals at least.

Why do Liverpool fans bring everything back to that? Finding outrage in every sentence where none exists.

• Another thing to add on today, how on earth does Sterling think he's worth £150k a week?

I know, hilarious.

He's a good English player with potential

But you know as the joker says once he's English everybody looses there mind

jayo26 wrote: »
    I didn't link it to that until you said it and I'm sure the guys didn't mean that and If they did that's not on at all.

I'm sure you are wrong.
    Wut?

I though they were referencing Take That.

Did ya **** think that, you are as bad as them.

As I said football is football but anything beyond that is not on.

• Advertisement

• Augeo wrote: »

Lol never even coming close to meaning that

Cop on to yourself

"Never forget" has a million different meanings.

Don't really want get dragged into this but I'm sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

oh wow someone is a bad loser.

Lol never even coming close to meaning that

Cop on to yourself

Of course you didn't, you're a disgrace old boy, nothing short of a disgrace.
    I'm genuinely disgusted at that reference, I'm amazed you are trying to lie your way out of it and doubly amazed some one else took part in your joke. Disgusting behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I think we can put the myth to the bed now that Mata can/should only play as #10, he looks great from wide right and he has played most of his career as a winger. He looks lot more dangerous from RW.

I think he won't work out there against better opposition, we'll have to wait and see on that. He hasn't played at 10 for United in a team set up properly and playing well yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'm sure you are wrong.

Did ya **** think that, you are as bad as them.

As I said football is football but anything beyond that is not on.

Get down of your soapbox, nobody meant it like that and if you think they did report the post instead of deflecting from the match.

As bad as boards can be (at times) it's highly unusual to see regular posters on either side make snide references to tragedies in a clubs history. Jog on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm genuinely disgusted at that reference, I'm amazed you are trying to lie your way out of it and doubly amazed some one else took part in your joke. Disgusting behaviour.

It's ok Augeo, it's not your fault.

Augeo, it's not your fault.

"Never forget" was also used here.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Club/Munich-Remembered.aspx

To be honest there is only 1 poster talking crap here.

Easy up mate if the man said he wasn't referring too it you cant go accusing him of been a liar if you want to report it to mods go ahead and do it and allow them to decide. If he did yhh its disgusting and not on but he says he didn't its not your right to call him a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rooney says he should have allowed Mata take the penalty...maybe because he missed, maybe he feels he denied Mata a hat trick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

UVVNHV4.jpg

Jesus Jones.

I'd love to keep one of Evans, Jones and Smalling.

I think Smalling will be the one.

• Augeo wrote: »

Lad your raving

Your acusations are ridiculous only for the day that was in it

Your accusing me with absolutely no evidance

I will never forget the joy that was had in the match thread where Liverpool and there fans got the nonsense slaped out of then by a superior performance by a better team

You as a liverpool fan contributed to this hype and now you want to pull at straws and acuse me of saying something cynical because you have nothing else to cry about

Cop on lad

1011248_813713865332177_3702270479761500992_n.jpg?oh=20d83a34a5ff60dd2f703893c0a8e0d9&oe=55BD08B3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

RobertKK wrote: »
    Rooney says he should have allowed Mata take the penalty...maybe because he missed, maybe he feels he denied Mata a hat trick.

I knew the minute he stood up to that peno, he was going to missed. He had no confidence to take that since he was quite poor today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Why did you lads use the term "never forget"?

Pro. F wrote: »
    I think he won't work out there against better opposition, we'll have to wait and see on that. He hasn't played at 10 for United in a team set up properly and playing well yet.

Yeah next season we might see him playing behind Rooney but playing him on wings should not restrict him. He is not playing as winger too, like a playmaker from wide position.

I think we will see a lot of that in the remaining games. Also today's opposition was good, in a great form. Before that he did well against Spurs too. So it's against 2 teams who works very hard and hardly gives any time on the ball. So I'm sort of convinced that he can play that role against any PL team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

RobertKK wrote: »

Lost me some Fantasy Football points as well missing that pen :mad:

Nice one Wayne.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Get down of your soapbox, nobody meant it like that and if you think they did report the post instead of deflecting from the match. ......

I'm deflecting nothing from the match, the match is over hours ago, the 3 points went to Man U, end of story.

• Advertisement

Was at the game so a dejected pool fan here.

However, fair play to Utd. 100% deserved the win without a shadow of a doubt.

Korat wrote: »
    I'd love to keep one of Evans, Jones and Smalling.

I think Smalling will be the one.

I been smalling biggest critic but he has looked better past few games he did very well today I think he needs someone better then jones beside him.

• rarnes1 wrote: »

Ahhh fair play lad :)

rarnes1 wrote: »

If you seen a bunch of wexford guys crying they were my brothers tell them I'm waiting for them haha.
    Fair play to you tho it was a good game.

In memory of a glorious match thread that went before it's time.A tinge of sadness on a beautiful day.

Lad your raving

Your acusations are ridiculous only for the day that was in it

Your accusing me with absolutely no evidance

I will never forget the joy that was had in the match thread where Liverpool and there fans got the nonsense slaped out of then by a superior performance by a better team

You as a liverpool fan contributed to this hype and now you want to pull at straws and acuse me of saying something cynical because you have nothing else to cry about

Cop on lad

I'm not raving at all, I'll leave this here, I stand over my accusation, you are scum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I always took at as a kind of meme, it's used here and other sites all the time, sarcastically, for trivial things that really mean very little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Well there's a big old meltdown anyway...

• Pro. F wrote: »

Never forget the joy of the win...you need to stop reading into this also to be fair

I'm not raving at all, I'll leave this here, I stand over my accusation, you are scum.

Quoted just in case you try a ninja edit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

You just keep being classy!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement