Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anywhere legitimate I could get the match. Was at a coaching course so I didn't get to see it.

Spurs will probably bring out the DVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Was at the game so a dejected pool fan here.

However, fair play to Utd. 100% deserved the win without a shadow of a doubt.
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ahhh fair play lad :)
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Fair enough lads. You've convinced me that it's just a coincidence. Never mind me, I apologise.
    Fair play, takes balls and character to say that.

Lads all this friendliness and respect for your fellow man has no place on the internet. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

zerks wrote: »
    Looking for the bar.:D

Careful now, someone might accuse you of calling him an alcoholic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fair enough lads. You've convinced me that it's just a coincidence. Never mind me, I apologise.

Fair play, and fair play to Liverpool fans in here who been sporting in here too.

I think we would all call out a poster if he was disrespectful if he supported the same team or not. Just misunderstanding.

Anyway let's move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anywhere legitimate I could get the match. Was at a coaching course so I didn't get to see it.

pm sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

"never forget"
    Term used when referencing something big or controversial that happened in the past.
    Brazil vs Germany 7-1. Never forget
    Person 1: Bill Cosby is the best comedian.

Person 2: Never forget.

Jaysus lads it's very common Internet banter how anyone could think it's anything sinister is mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

zerks wrote: »
    8skoKq.jpg

Was Marlo Stanfield a LvG or a Moyes buy?

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just in case you've any doubts...

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/never-forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

beno619 wrote: »
    "never forget"
    Term used when referencing something big or controversial that happened in the past.
    Brazil vs Germany 7-1. Never forget
    Person 1: Bill Cosby is the best comedian.

Person 2: Never forget.

Jaysus lads it's very common Internet banter how anyone could think it's anything sinister is mental.

Gone past that mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hopefully that Assist can kick start Di Maria too.

What a great ball for 2nd goal. To have Di Maria and Mata in same team is such a honour to support them. We are blessed to have 2 outstanding footballers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Casillas is pulling off some great saves in El Classico.

I wish we had a keeper of that stature and talent at our measly club.

Instead we're stuck with our dave, who looks like a llama and who just would not fit into such a glamorous and talented side of Los blancos.

What a great ball for 2nd goal. To have Di Maria and Mata in same team is such a honour to support them. We are blessed to have 2 outstanding footballers.

Spot on mate I think it will be next season again we see best of adm again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mata ripped it up out wide at Valencia and Chelsea so I don't think there's a question mark about whether he can do it out wide, I think people feel he'll do better centrally and I think he's said as much himself before

I'd rather two quick wide players to give a counter attacking option, we won't need Fellaini up there every game

Herrera Carrick
    Nani Mata Di Maria
    ........Rooney..........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Same here,he just needs to get his confidence back and if the team keep playing the way they are we should see the best of him again.

He has too much class to be a dud buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Mata ripped it up out wide at Valencia and Chelsea so I don't think there's a question mark about whether he can do it out wide, I think people feel he'll do better centrally and I think he's said as much himself before

I'd rather two quick wide players to give a counter attacking option, we won't need Fellaini up there every game

Herrera Carrick
    Nani Mata Di Maria
    ........Rooney..........

Fellaini was everywhere today. He won headers up front and in his own area, put tackles in across the pitch and pulled defenders out of position. Imo if he keeps that level of performance up then he's undroppable no matter how clumsy and awkward he looks

Jaysus, watching the Clasico and Real looked dead on their feet by the end. The only one who looked like he had any legs left was Marcelo. In the first half I commented on how big the gulf in class between those two teams and the rest of the world looked, but I rarely remember seeing United fade that badly in 90 minutes. Crazy gap in quality between the first half hour and the last.

• Pro. F wrote: »

Fair play pro f

No hard feelings dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jaysus, watching the Clasico and Real looked dead on their feet by the end. The only one who looked like he had any legs left was Marcelo. In the first half I commented on how big the gulf in class between those two teams and the rest of the world looked, but I rarely remember seeing United fade that badly in 90 minutes. Crazy gap in quality between the first half hour and the last.

Both teams are lucky Michael Oliver wasn't refereeing the game,be down to 7 a side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A great result today, hopefully now they can push on and keep their foot on the gas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Absolutely buzzing, fantastic performance and result topped off with Gerrard red card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Is it just me or does Phil Jones have a huge Finger?

Little known fact: he studied to be a proctologist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

apologies for no link but was just watching SSN and they had some player tweets and one from Rooney mentioned a United fan in the Kop!

Presume it was someone he recognised by fluke who was going under cover rather than a lad with ROONEY 10 on his back!!

bangkok wrote: »
    Absolutely buzzing, fantastic performance and result topped off with Gerrard red card

Wooiohoooooo Bangkok is happy :)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Wooiohoooooo Bangkok is happy :)

Happy? ****ing delighted

Moyes' Real Sociedad picked up another win today, that's 4 from their last 5 league matches with one defeat in 7. They're up to 9th in La Liga now. Well done and keep her lit Dizzy Moyes.

bangkok wrote: »
    Happy? ****ing delighted

That's the spirit man it was a great day,

Match of the day starting now time too put feet up with glass of orange and curlywurly :)

stankratz wrote: »
    Moyes' Real Sociedad picked up another win today, that's 4 from their last 5 league matches with one defeat in 7. They're up to 9th in La Liga now. Well done and keep her lit Dizzy Moyes.

So happy for him he deserves It

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

There was never any question about Moyes getting the best out of midtable sides.

• Advertisement

Moyes' Real Sociedad picked up another win today, that's 4 from their last 5 league matches with one defeat in 7. Their up to 9th in La Liga now. Well done and keep her lit Dizzy Moyes.

Can't say I'm surprised. Apart from being abroad, he's back exactly in his comfort zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Match of The Day just starting.

Just in case anyone may be interested. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

MOTD2 kicking off now :)

Cordoba had 3 sent off. In that match :eek:

Loved the lone united fan in the kop cheering when Mata scored his second .. Talking about been brave.. He is my hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I love Mata

That is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

That stamp on De Gea gets worse every time you watch it. What a cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

There was a time when losing was relative..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I just want to give Mata a hug and rub his head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mata took the piss against their garbage left back.

Seriously, I haven't been this happy about a United result and performance in years, absolutely delighted. We're well due a win at OT over City too and we definitely have it in us.

• Advertisement

I think stampy g looks worse everytime I see it, it looks fair bad in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think stampy g looks worse everytime I see it, it looks fair bad in real time.

Both are just as bad really. Gerard's is pure thuggery but Skrtl knows what he's doing.

From reddit...

mb66c5.jpg

KH25 wrote: »
    Both are just as bad really. Gerard's is pure thuggery but Skrtl knows what he's doing.

No doubt about it he didn't even try pull his foot out or make it look like an accident.

Should never sign Coleman for his voice alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If I had one complaint with LVG, and I know it's not his style, but even in that interview with the BBC he mentions that the team needed to press the ball more in the 2nd half. I just wish he'd channel Fergie a little, get on the touchline and bark at the players. I know screaming for no reason is pointless but that's the perfect situation to have a word. It's all great revisiting it after the game but it could have cost us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

ShooterSF wrote: »
    If I had one complaint with LVG, and I know it's not his style, but even in that interview with the BBC he mentions that the team needed to press the ball more in the 2nd half. I just wish he'd channel Fergie a little, get on the touchline and bark at the players. I know screaming for no reason is pointless but that's the perfect situation to have a word. It's all great revisiting it after the game but it could have cost us.

I think he has a dodgy hip that's why he doesn't walk the touchline much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

While Mata will get all the headlines tomorrow I thought Phil Jones was immense for us today, the man puts his own safety on the line so much so it's bordering on suicide. He can be very rash at times but this will peter out as he gains more experience. He reminds me of John Terry in his early years, hopefully he can be as good as him (best defender in PL era IMO). That tackle on Lallana early on brought a huge smile to my face, didn't see much of Lallana after that.

CAuLbGWUUAA7Bs5.png

Anyway, thought I'd give my two cents after an epic match thread. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement