Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

Strumms wrote: »
    I'd be gobsmacked if we took up the option to take Falcao on a permanent deal unless he goes into goal spasm mode for the last handful of games which is unlikely considering we have also probably found our best formation, system and first 11.

De Gea I really hope ends up staying as we all do, a real United player in every sence.

I'd like to see Mata stick around, he has only been hear just over a year and looks to be settling right in.

Hererra will defo be here

Di Maria I'm unsure of, hasn't proved his worth and is by all accounts unsettled, although like any foreign player in a new league I think he could really shine if we stick with him.

RVP could be on the way. Love a big balls move for Lewandowski as a replacment.

Gonna be an interesting summer.

Yeh I think lewandoski should be a big target this summer as he would be ideal for the PL. Big strong physical lad. I reckon Di Maria, RVP, Rafael, possibly De Ge and definitely Falcao will be gone this summer. Doubt Nani or Chicarito will come back aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

yabadabado wrote: »
    Really interesting summer ahead.
    A CB,RB and a midfielder are essential imo.
    Depay looks a likely target but have no idea who United might want to buy for the other positions.Not too many top class CB's around at the moment.

I wouldn't go near Hummels anyway. Reckon he would be a disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Really interesting summer ahead.
    A CB,RB and a midfielder are essential imo.
    Depay looks a likely target but have no idea who United might want to buy for the other positions.Not too many top class CB's around at the moment.

A right back is crucial. Wonder if we will end up with Dani Alves hmmm.

A quality foursome of signings along the lines of a ..RB, CB, CM, ST and getting DDG to resign would be a great summer business, think that's what we need to be looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I would say there is zero chance of getting Lewandowski.Why would he leave Bayern.
    Lacazzette would be a very good signing,I have been impressed whenever I have watched him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I hope Nani is given a chance at the very least next season. Would hope he comes back to stay.

• Advertisement

I would say there is zero chance of getting Lewandowski.Why would he leave Bayern.
    Lacazzette would be a very good signing,I have been impressed whenever I have watched him play.

I agree from the point of view it would be a tough get, but rumours of him also being unsettled have done the rounds how true or otherwise I dunno, either way you have to aim high and look for the best, the attitude of 'why would he leave, pfft we will never get him' is somewhat defeatist...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Imagine Ibrahimovic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Johner wrote: »
    There's not much of a chance Falcao will sign permanently though is there?

We can't be sure but what is for sure is that his attitude is top notch. He seems genuinely happy when the team is winning and with his teamates.

Here he is for Matas second goal

http://gfycat.com/DistortedSlowGrub

Its not really working for him right now but I'd love to see him stick around and return to form. If Fellaini, Mata and Herrera can turn things around so can Falcao.

Falcao on top form for us next season with some new singings would be a thing of beauty and make us formidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Laporte has been talked about, very expensive.

Ronaldo for £65million or Bale for £90 million, claims by someone who is an analyst that I never heard of, that Real would consider offers at those prices as Ronaldo is unhappy in Madrid and it makes economic sense to sell him and Bale is disliked by the fans.
    One of them would be allowed to go at the right price is the claim

We can't be sure but what is for sure is that his attitude is top notch. He seems genuinely happy when the team is winning and with his teamates.

Here he is for Matas second goal

http://gfycat.com/DistortedSlowGrub

Its not really working for him right now but I'd love to see him stick around and return to form. If Fellaini, Mata and Herrera can turn things around so can Falcao.

Falcao on top form for us next season with some new singings would be a thing of beauty and make us formidable.

Love the reaction of the bench there. Not just to see them happy with the goal, but actually applaud Mata is great.

Falcao's face in the gfy is priceless when Rojo grabs him, it's like "Don't injure me, don't injure me!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

40m on falcao or 40m for cavani....

at this moment its probably a no brainer

Falcao's work ethic has been exceptional, he has given 110% effort wise every time he has pulled on the shirt for us, I've been willing for things to come good for him in front of goal and to be honest it's been a lot down to the lack of chances created by the team probably more so then just his confidence but both have contributed.

I might be in minority but on their day Falcao is better then Cavani, much better imo.

Just has not worked out for Falcao up to now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I can't see Falcao staying, we only play with one striker he'll want to be a starter and I'd rather we didn't buy him if it meant Rooney playing midfield again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

If there's a chance to sign Bale its a no brainer for me, he's still only 25. I think he`ll be sold in the summer but I hope it's not a deal involving De Gea..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

htG8TFD.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would adore to see Falcao on loan again next year at utd. I just love his attitude and I really want him to return to his old self. I know its there, he needs to get his head right and he needs game time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bangkok wrote: »
    40m on falcao or 40m for cavani....

at this moment its probably a no brainer

It is indeed. So what will we do with the £40 million we just saved by not wasting it on either of those two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Keno wrote: »
    htG8TFD.jpg

Over rated.

Sure he was a Chelsea reject.

Only went to United because nobody else would pay the money for him.

https://twitter.com/PeoplesPerson_/status/580061496861937664

I fúcking love this guy and his attitude, without doubt my favourite United player since at least Scholes. I started to watch him in La Liga after his first attempt to come to Manchester fell through and was saddened at the thought of what could have been while watching him play for Bilbao. Delighted to see him now not only playing well for United, but clearly loving just being a part of the club.

He's only 25, I hope he is here for those 5 years and cements himself as a United legend in that time. Of course he can improve on his current game, but already in his first season (where he spent a lot of time out of the 11) he has shown himself to be a very important, creative player for us. His positioning and movement are already very sharp within the team and he should be able to kick it up a gear in his 2nd season. To add to that, the on-field chemistry between he and Mata is already very impressive and this can only get better the more games they play together. Add an in-form Di Maria to that duo and they could be a trio of players vital to United's success over the next 4-5 years.

• Advertisement

Depay is prolly nailed on for a move.

Who are realistic targets for centre half and central midfield?

How has Vidal been this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

htG8TFD.jpg

Bit harsh on Hazard considering he wasn't playing in the Premier League in the 11/12 season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It is indeed. So what will we do with the £40 million we just saved by not wasting it on either of those two?

Buy Felipe Anderson? Lazio had United on their scout list for their game last night apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Over rated.

Sure he was a Chelsea reject.

Only went to United because nobody else would pay the money for him.

The best one is "He's a luxury player"
    Yeah, sure who the hell needs goals and assists like???

I hope Nani is given a chance at the very least next season. Would hope he comes back to stay.

It would make me very happy to see him back in the shirt and having a good run in the team.

Bit harsh on Hazard considering he wasn't playing in the Premier League in the 11/12 season!

Mata has 12 more appearances

104 to 92

Mata has 12 more appearances

104 to 92

He's played 88% of the games then, so if you adjust Mata's 'total' accordingly (65 * 0.88) he gets 57.5. Hazard edges it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Hazard takes penalties too.

• Advertisement

Hazard takes penalties too.

Quiet you, I'm trying to poke holes in useless stats here! :P

The funniest thing I have read today is the suggestion that De Gea was going to injury Skertel if he did not get stamped on

People just keep on giving.

The funniest thing I have read today is the suggestion that De Gea was going to injury Skertel if he did not get stamped on

If he'd have connected he could have killed the boy.

He's played 88% of the games then, so if you adjust Mata's 'total' accordingly (65 * 0.88) he gets 57.5. Hazard edges it.

Mata ahead when you exclude penalties though, he's just as good an attacker as Hazard and any other midfielder in the league

I haven't noticed him being poor defensively at all which is the main stick people bash him with

Jamie Carragher spoke a lot of sense yesterday, it's time to stop questioning him and and start admiring his genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

i posted this the last time there was so much love for Mata on this thread, I feel like now is the time to post it again ha

HuOThyA3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Anyone know how to upload Martin Tyler commentary for Mata's second goal as a ringtone? Love the "Fantastic" description!!

I have already bumped the kids off phone wallpaper for pic of Mata and Herrera a few pages back!!

• Advertisement

Mata ahead when you exclude penalties though, he's just as good an attacker as Hazard and any other midfielder in the league

I haven't noticed him being poor defensively at all which is the main stick people bash him with

Jamie Carragher spoke a lot of sense yesterday, it's time to stop questioning him and and start admiring his genius.

Oh I agree that Mata's great. I was just poking a bit of fun. Those oversimplified stat-graphics are a pet peeve of mine. Even though, paradoxically, I thank them all the time. :confused: I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Watched the first half of the Feyenoord/PSV game yesterday, it was late.
    Depay was having a quiet game. The commentator said his game has been affected by the talk of a big move.

I thought their goal was deflected yesterday but apparently it wasn't, how was Dave beaten at his near post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

spiralism wrote: »
    Thread has been Godwinned. Hooray!

Yes it was a good win yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I thought their goal was deflected yesterday but apparently it wasn't, how was Dave beaten at his near post

thought it took a slight knick also.....off Jones.

still though, big dave shouldnt be beaten like that, its defo one that should have been saved from that angle.

• Advertisement

• thought it took a slight knick also.....off Jones.

still though, big dave shouldnt be beaten like that, its defo one that should have been saved from that angle.

De gea can't be awesome all the time to be fair to him

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    De gea can't be awesome all the time to be fair to him

And to be fair to Sturridge it was a class hit from an unlikely angle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It was deflected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3008471/Mats-Hummels-ready-leave-Borussia-Dortmund-slap-36m-price-tag-Manchester-United-target.html

Mats Hummels strongly linked again. Id be still worried if we have Hummels partnering the likes of Smalling next season. Hummels needs someone beside him that can make up for his lack of pace and lack of ball skills. He reminds me alot of Vidic. Rio was the perfect foil for Vidic

Someone like Varane would be the perfect partner but that wont be happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Headshot wrote: »
    I would adore to see Falcao on loan again next year at utd. I just love his attitude and I really want him to return to his old self. I know its there, he needs to get his head right and he needs game time...

I'd be of the opposite opinion. I think he may have done irreparable damage to himself in rushing himself back from that knee injury. Tearing an ACL and trying to run before you're ready can do damage that is hard to undo without taking nice spell out of the game. Watch him try and run full tilt compared to when at Atletico/Monaco for instance, he's slowed massively and he looks heavy legged compared to the guy who glided past defenders. I blame the doctors who basically said there was a 50-50 chance he could play at the World Cup - any player as good as he is will look at that and do everything they can to return. I would love nothing better than for his move to work out because his attitude and his ability (pre-injury) is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Big Dave told Louis it was deviated and Louis told sky sports the same good enough for me. That or I dreamt as much its been a long weekend if Im being honest but nearly sure I seen that after the Chelsea game.

Well Dave probably said desviado and Louis meant deflected clear as to me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Seen lots of comments about players to get in but not much talk of who would be replaced out of the team.
    RB seems obvious enough.
    CB Im guessing Smalling cause LVG always has a left footer and a right when available.
    CM replacement for Carrick. (Carrick great squad option)
    ST only one place if we stick with the same formation Ideally youd want someone who could play in Youngs position and up front eg Ronaldo or Muller that way

Cant see any reason to buy an out an out stiker unless Rooney is getting sold which is highly unlikely. Good thing about making Champions League is we will have lots more game time for a bigger squad but we still need it balanced having Rooney, Falcao and RVP lead to some of the problems we have had this season we formations and players being played out of position.

So we sign player A

DM Carrick/ Player A/ Blind

CM Herrea/PlayerA/ Rooney

CM Fellaini/ Di Maria

Player B

RW Mata/ Di Maria/ Nani

LW Young/ Player B/ Di Maria

ST Rooney/ RVP/ Falcao/ Chico/ Player B

I guess a lot will depend on the versatility of the players we sign but you'd have to imagine it'll be the end of the road for RVP or Falcao and Chico

If we sign Depay it'll look like Youngs end with the competition for LW and LB being strong not a slight on his recent performances either but we could well end up with too much quality for him to get game time

If we sign Ronaldo he can play the front 3 positions but will want to be starting every game again bad for Young and a balancing act with Rooney, Mata, Di Maria but the guy doesnt do the defensive side very well.

Meh its all up in the air but we are 2 top class versatile signings a RB and CB away from a very strong and balanced squad IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Next game against Villa isn't on any terrestrial channels. Curses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Some of the posts are just amazing and absolute nonsense.

1. De Gea wanted to injure Skrtel if he missed the ball, so his leg was way forward than his body.
    2. Rooney deserved red for incident with Mignloet
    3. We just played hoof ball to Fellaini when in the first half they were chasing shadows.
    4. We got undeserved penalty which halted their momentum.
    5. Jones deserved red card.

Also on the clash with Lallana, is it card worthy offense to challenge header?didn't Jones headed the ball and clashed with Lallana? I maybe wrong but when I saw the first replay it looked like Jones headed the ball and took out Lallana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Also on the clash with Lallana, is it card worthy offense to challenge header?didn't Jones headed the ball and clashed with Lallana? I maybe wrong but when I saw the first replay it looked like Jones headed the ball and took out Lallana.

That challenge was clumsy as ****, he was late into it and was not really in control of anything. There is challenging for a header and then there is closing your eyes and jumping forward into the ball like a sunday league player. He was very lucky to get away with it.

He was also lucky to get away with the time he cleaned somebody out of it near the left touchline, and the worry is that Jones is still doing these braindead things in football matches and you can't afford that at the top level.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement