Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

bren2001 wrote: »
    International Champions Cup. Stupid stat.

Jesus I bet them in Fifa last week, make it 4 wins so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Headshot wrote: »
    Not sure where he would fit into the team with Di Maria always playing on the left even when he was at R.Madrid.

If we qualify for Europe next season then we need bigger squad. So Mata, Young, Di Maria, Depay, Januzaj for wingers position. Maybe Januzaj out on loan to PL team so that's 4 players for 2 positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liam O wrote: »
    why should anyone not from there care about English football? I just want the best PL there can be and this seems counterproductive.

The FA have embarked on a major revamp to strengthen the game at a national level over the long term. Something that will take 10 years to show itself really. What Paddy Irishman sat in front of Sky wants is of no consequence - its not like you are going to stop following Utd or cancel your sub is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Confidence my hole. Cleverley is an average player, always was and always will be, I said it when he came back from his first loan spell and not once in the years since has he ever shown any different. We might as well be talking about giving Alan Smith or Kieran Richardson another chance, thats the level he is at, an average player who just wasn't good enough for the top teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Agreed. I may have invested myself in United over the last 20 or so years, but that doesn't mean I give a crap about the English national team, or English footballers in general. I want to be watching the best possible players playing both for and against United each week and this will only have a negative effect on that.

Notice how conveniently this announcement wasn't made before the new TV deal was signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not sure where he would fit into the team with Di Maria always playing on the left even when he was at R.Madrid.

Firstly, he didn't always play on the left. He played a lot on the right, and in central midfield.

Secondly, noises that he wants out in the summer so Depay could be a replacement for Di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The FA have embarked on a major revamp to strengthen the game at a national level over the long term. Something that will take 10 years to show itself really. What Paddy Irishman sat in front of Sky wants is of no consequence - its not like you are going to stop following Utd or cancel your sub is it?

Canceling a sub would require having one. I will watch for free on the internet until there's a proper service for non-Brits that will cater to my needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

TheDoc wrote: »
    To be honest Cleverly got a rough ride. I made some posts about make or break season for him and Anderson, and both failed miserably.

But Cleverly was made a bit of a scapegoat last year, coupled with serious dips in form by the squad and big names bottling it. That he was highlighted as a point of frustration was obscure.

He's a player who's confidence is on the floor. One minute you have Ferguson thrusting you into games against Real Madrid, starting you week in week out in the league, and the next your being shifted position and the finger being pointed at you.

There is a good footballer in Cleverly. If I'm not mistaken, a transfer didn't go through and he is still on loan. Who knows, maybe it was decided to send him off for a season and just escape the spotlight, get his game back in order.

Villa were hardly a side to do that though, they are poison. But already under Sherwood he has had some good games and decent flashes, being much more dynamic and forward thinking.

I don't remember the name, but Van Gaal had someone in his Dutch squad at the world cup who was shockingly like Cleverly. Name totally escapes me.

While it looks massively unlikely that Cleverly will be kept, there is still a slim chance. Van Gaal has shown this year with numerous existing United players, that he has been able to raise their form and standard.

Do truely believe Cleverly is a decent football, and it will eventually come out. Maybe with a top coach like Van Gaal, there might be a future there. (I think it's unlikely, but you never know. Look what has happened with Ashley Young this season, and Valencia to a lesser extent)

I think you're putting a bit too much emphasis on the player you think Tom Cleverly could be rather than the player he has so far shown himself to be.

That's not meant to sound condescending or anything because I think at one point or another a lot of United fans thought he was going to turn out better, and for most the turning point can be defined as that injury Kevin Davies caused. His contract is up this Summer iirc and I don't expect him to be at United next year, the club did their best to get rid of him permanently last Summer but he dug his heels in and wouldn't go.

As for the Dutch player, I think you may be thinking of Jordy Clasie. If nothing else we'd be getting in one player for another in the hope of nominative determinism coming true :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The implication here being that we shouldn't bother discussing anything unless it's likely that the FA are going to read it and then act according to our wishes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

We arn't the people the new astronomical TV deals were aimed at.

The new deals were to gather coverage rights for the likes of the U.S, Asia, Middle east and developing footballing regions.

Regions where the majority have no affiliation or knowledge of English clubs, and they pick teams to follow based on players they like, or who is currently winning or the best.

Reducing foreign imports, and therefore potentially reducing the amount of foreign stars/potential stars in the league, would not be appealing to these foreign markets.

Again the FA have made a bit of a meal of planning for the future of English football. Instead of basically giving an unfair advantage to English players, they would be introducing quotas into academies, to stop clubs stockpiling on young European and African talent( that is acquired for nothing financially) and then just selling them on for a profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see us lining up this going forward. Iv included players I hope we wont be seeing much next season.

Depay----Rooney
    Mata
    Di Maria----Fell
    Herrera
    Shaw
    Rojo
    Smalling---Val

DeGea

I sends shivers down my spine with the awesome attacking players but it also has me worried lol

It also shows how close we are to a brilliant team. Just get a RB,CB and a striker and we'll be laughing. I also would love a CM too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

You must have missed Di Marias first 3 seasons at Madrid where he played mostly on the right wing.
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/angel-di-maria/leistungsdaten/spieler/45320/plus/?saison=2012
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/angel-di-maria/leistungsdaten/spieler/45320/plus/?saison=2011
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/angel-di-maria/leistungsdaten/spieler/45320/plus/?saison=2010

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    There is not a single thing common between Cleverley and Herrera. Cleverley just recycles possession and passes without any intent, which is completely different from Herrera.

They're very similar. Herrera is just better. They both have good touch, close control and accurate passing. Herrera has more skill, but not that much. What really pushes him ahead of Cleverley is that he is a lot braver in trying things going forward. Cleverley isn't (and wasn't last season) remotely as bad in that regard as many fans make out, but he does need to improve. That's all down to confidence and could probably be fixed in time.

At the moment, somebody who can keep possession moving in the opposition half when being closed down quickly, even if it's not incisive enough, would be more use as a Herrera back-up than Carrick and Blind, who would just end up staying deep.
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not being smart to Pro F but has Cleverly played well for villa recently?
    I haven't watched much of Villa since he signed

I haven't watched Villa since Sherwood took charge. Under Lambert the team was horrible, as we all know, but whenever I watched them I thought Cleverley was trying more attacking passes than he had the previous season.

Firstly, he didn't always play on the left. He played a lot on the right, and in central midfield.

Secondly, noises that he wants out in the summer so Depay could be a replacement for Di Maria.

His career highlights so far have been playing on the left either in CM or a left winger.

Agreed. I may have invested myself in United over the last 20 or so years, but that doesn't mean I give a crap about the English national team, or English footballers in general. I want to be watching the best possible players playing both for and against United each week and this will only have a negative effect on that.

It would not sit well with me if United turned into a fully foreign side. I like United to have a solid English (or British and Irish) core to the team.

However, I do acknowledge that would be an ideal, and if the players simply aren't there in terms of quality then we do have to go foreign.

I'd prefer to see United win the league and CL with a back four of Shaw, Smalling, Jones and Rafael/Clyne than with Rodrigues, Rojo, Hummels, Van Der Weil (for example). But if the first one is going to have us finishing in 7th then by all means but better foreign players.

I do think United need to take a serious look at the youth football at the club, and recruitment, because I really don't think we are producing anywhere even close to an acceptable level of players from the youths.

Sure, we can point to Blackett and McNair getting game time this season, but I don't rate Blakcett at all (reckon if he was right footed he wouldn't have got a look in) and I'm not sold on McNair. Januzaj looks like he is going nowhere development wise (United's, or his fault?). the club are very high on Wilson but we haven't seen him do anything really for the first team. No one else looks close or ready to step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/03/24/10134442/van-gaal-fall-out-prompts-di-maria-to-seek-summer-manchester

I think i heard before that the author of that piece, Duncan Castles, has strong links to Jorge Mendes..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

Confidence my hole. Cleverley is an average player, always was and always will be, I said it when he came back from his first loan spell and not once in the years since has he ever shown any different. We might as well be talking about giving Alan Smith or Kieran Richardson another chance, thats the level he is at, an average player who just wasn't good enough for the top teams.

He came on at halftime in this match when Utd were 2-0 down and put in a great performance, upped the tempo of Utd's play and was pivotal in everything good the team did (see 1.19 for a good e.g.). Came back to win 3-2 against a strong City side. I don't think he's Utd standard but I'm also convinced there's a good player in him. I think he'd do well a Spurs standard club.

His career highlights so far have been playing on the left either in CM or a left winger.

I assumed you meant on the left as in as a left winger, not just somewhere to left of the centre of the pitch.

At Benfica himself and Ramieres played as box to box CM players (Di Maria left side of 3). At madrid, Ronaldo regularly had that left side (in terms of wing/attacking position) so Di Maria played right side quite a bit until Bale was bought, then left side of a central 3. He would have played in a position similar to Fellaini - so arguably based on the Madrid template you could have Carrick, Herrera and Di Maria in the middle with Depay in Young's position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

QuantumP wrote: »

That Tom Cleverley lad looks good, but that Spanish De Gea fella will never make it....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Delboy5 wrote: »
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/03/24/10134442/van-gaal-fall-out-prompts-di-maria-to-seek-summer-manchester

I think i heard before that the author of that piece, Duncan Castles, has strong links to Jorge Mendes..........

Duncan Castles is one of the worst journalist out there, his articles are stupid and his transfer stories are pure lolworthy,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

QuantumP wrote: »
    He came on at halftime in this match when Utd were 2-0 down and put in a great performance, upped the tempo of Utd's play and was pivotal in everything good the team did

That bloody charity shield match, it really is the exception that proves the rule for Tom Cleverley.

Its a glorified friendly from over 4 years ago, that it is still the go-to example of Cleverley's potential says it all really.

TheDoc wrote: »
    We arn't the people the new astronomical TV deals were aimed at.

We are EXACTLY the people the 5.5billion Sky/BT deal is aimed at. that deal is for domestic TV. There are seperate deals for the international markets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

so if the rumours are to be believed, Hummels and Depay will sign.

after that, theres a striker, midfielder and RB to be signed....i aint seen enough of Depay to comment on him but id been pinning my hopes on Nani nailing the right wing spot for next season.

I watched Anderson and Cleverley destroy Spurs 4 seasons ago with the oul man in OT (miss the season ticket days)

They were unbelievable... no doubt they have vision, talent and great ability.

I thought Cleverley and Tuncliffe were going to make the big time with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

did I just read there that cleverly is better than Carrick?! :eek:

• Advertisement

That bloody charity shield match, it really is the exception that proves the rule for Tom Cleverley.

Its a glorified friendly from over 4 years ago, that it is still the go-to example of Cleverley's potential says it all really.

He started that season in the same form with that same intensity until he was injured against Bolton.

Liam O wrote: »
    why should anyone not from there care about English football? I just want the best PL there can be and this seems counterproductive.

Imo a better pool of talent in English football would make the PL a better league. Imagine if the best players in the world were English. There wouldn't be the constant lure of big clubs abroad like there is now whenever a top foreign player breaks through in the PL.

What really worries me is the thought of what might happen to the young Irish talent if the opportunities in England dry up. Maybe it will be a good thing and they'll find there way to other countries that are better at YD. Or maybe the FAI will step up their game (they won't).

It would not sit well with me if United turned into a fully foreign side. I like United to have a solid English (or British and Irish) core to the team.

However, I do acknowledge that would be an ideal, and if the players simply aren't there in terms of quality then we do have to go foreign.

I'd prefer to see United win the league and CL with a back four of Shaw, Smalling, Jones and Rafael/Clyne than with Rodrigues, Rojo, Hummels, Van Der Weil (for example). But if the first one is going to have us finishing in 7th then by all means but better foreign players.

I do think United need to take a serious look at the youth football at the club, and recruitment, because I really don't think we are producing anywhere even close to an acceptable level of players from the youths.

Sure, we can point to Blackett and McNair getting game time this season, but I don't rate Blakcett at all (reckon if he was right footed he wouldn't have got a look in) and I'm not sold on McNair. Januzaj looks like he is going nowhere development wise (United's, or his fault?). the club are very high on Wilson but we haven't seen him do anything really for the first team. No one else looks close or ready to step up.

Don't get me wrong, I love when players crafted at United's academy come through and make it in the first team - and I'd love to see more of it. But I think it's the club's responsibility to make that happen for its own benefit, to develop a culture and always have prospects available to come in without having to take million pound gambles on young players from elsewhere.

Having outside pressure forcing it to happen, I can only see that weakening both the club and the league. The talent just isn't there to rival the best that the best of the world has to offer, and removing the option of bringing in top talent, removing competition, when has that ever lead to higher standards?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Pro. F wrote: »
    Yes to both points in my post.

Central midfielders tend to not play the final pass before a goal nearly as much as strikers, 10s and wingers do. There have been loads of examples of CMs having great seasons in terms of passing without a lot of assists to show for it.

Carrick and Blind both have unreliable first touches so they struggle to receive and turn on the ball in tight spots. That's why they do most of their work sitting deeper where there's space for them to pick their passes. Carrick is a good passer when he has that space.

Cleverley has a much better first touch than those two lads. That's why he is able to receive the ball and turn on it further up the pitch, where things are more crowded. He is also an accurate passer.

The issue with Cleverley last season was his extreme lack of incisiveness. He wouldn't take on a risky pass and it got worse as the season went on. That was a team wide issue and since the manager was giving explicit instructions to the team to go out and make x number of passes (where x is a high number), not spending enough time on attacking practice in training and generally installing a get it wide and cross it hopelessness, then it's obvious what the root cause of that was. Cleverley's confidence also took a battering from the ridiculous stick he got from the fans, but in time, with the right management, he would almost certainly be able to return to being more adventurous with his passing.

So Cleverley has the ability, the issue is his confidence. Carrick and Blind do not have the ability.

Now let me ask you a question, do you honestly believe that Carrick and Blind have the first touch required to receive a pass when tightly marked, turn on it and pass it on?

TC was poor for more than one season.

There is much more to a MF player than a good first touch. Things like creativity and vision which Carrick, Blind and Herrera are better at. Cleverly didn't have a noticeably great first touch, its in your head tbh.

He was a shockingly poor player overall. Your constant defense of him and attempts to convince people he was good enough for UTD is genuinely bizzare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

In fairness he and the team were playing excellently for the first 5 or so games of that season until he got injured at Bolton.

• Advertisement

TC was poor for more than one season.

There is much more to a MF player than a good first touch. Things like creativity and vision which Carrick, Blind and Herrera are better at. Cleverly didn't have a noticeably great first touch, its in your head tbh.

He was a shockingly poor player overall. Your constant defense of him and attempts to convince people he was good enough for UTD is genuinely bizzare.

I disagree with everything you say in this post.

You and I disagree on everything about football as usual. Let's leave it there.

What really worries me is the thought of what might happen to the young Irish talent if the opportunities in England dry up. Maybe it will be a good thing and they'll find there way to other countries that are better at YD. Or maybe the FAI will step up their game (they won't).

This one signed for Inter

http://www.football-italia.net/64147/inter-sign-irish-teen-nolan

Did you ever notice with Cleverley he'd make a great fwd pass and then run and hide, but call for the ball

was very weird

plays a great ball forward into space
    runs behind an opponent
    then screams for the ball

very weird chap

anyways I want Paul McShane back if people want T Clev back.

I disagree with everything you say in this post.

You and I disagree on everything about football as usual. Let's leave it there.

You disagree that there is more needed to be a good MF than a first touch, things like creativity and vision?

Ok, we certainly should leave it now.

You disagree that there is more needed to be a good MF than a first touch, things like creativity and vision?

Ok, we certainly should leave it now.

You are hilarious.

• so if the rumours are to be believed, Hummels and Depay will sign.

after that, theres a striker, midfielder and RB to be signed....i aint seen enough of Depay to comment on him but id been pinning my hopes on Nani nailing the right wing spot for next season.

He's in a awful run of form so I hear

And with Chris Smalling improving every game I don't see a place for him unless he replaced Jones...which I still am willing to give a chance at the partnership they look to be forming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Van Gaal did give Cleverly a chance but shipped him out soonish. Standard mid table English CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

tnh74Ry.png

Yes to both points in my post.

Central midfielders tend to not play the final pass before a goal nearly as much as strikers, 10s and wingers do. There have been loads of examples of CMs having great seasons in terms of passing without a lot of assists to show for it.

Carrick and Blind both have unreliable first touches so they struggle to receive and turn on the ball in tight spots. That's why they do most of their work sitting deeper where there's space for them to pick their passes. Carrick is a good passer when he has that space.

Cleverley has a much better first touch than those two lads.
    That's why he is able to receive the ball and turn on it further up the pitch, where things are more crowded. He is also an accurate passer.

The issue with Cleverley last season was his extreme lack of incisiveness. He wouldn't take on a risky pass and it got worse as the season went on. That was a team wide issue and since the manager was giving explicit instructions to the team to go out and make x number of passes (where x is a high number), not spending enough time on attacking practice in training and generally installing a get it wide and cross it hopelessness, then it's obvious what the root cause of that was. Cleverley's confidence also took a battering from the ridiculous stick he got from the fans, but in time, with the right management, he would almost certainly be able to return to being more adventurous with his passing.

So Cleverley has the ability, the issue is his confidence. Carrick and Blind do not have the ability.

Now let me ask you a question, do you honestly believe that Carrick and Blind have the first touch required to receive a pass when tightly marked, turn on it and pass it on?

that is utter bull****

Fakman87 wrote: »
    In fairness he and the team were playing excellently for the first 5 or so games of that season until he got injured at Bolton.

This period of play often gets brought up by Clev and Ando defenders as if we played some amazing intricate possession ball in the middle of the park.

It's a complete myth, it never happened. We played well against poor opposition and knocked the ball about reasonably well as you would expect against poor opposition.

The link up play for Nanis goal against City was nice and their were other moments in the following games. The team was fresh going into the season and Fergie was giving youth a chance.

Nothing more, there was no amazing football where Clev and Ando showed there quality. You judge a player over seasons not 5 games against fodder and a friendly.

People pointing to that time to make a case for Cleverly and Ando are doing so with some serious nostalgia. It was nothing amazing. It was brief periods in those matches from the MF that looked good, the overall team was better, wingers attackers etc.

What we saw Sunday and against Spurs was far superior from our midfeild than it ever was in that 5 period. We controlled tougher oppositon with controlled and calculated passing and poession in high stakes games for long periods.

Clev and Ando would not have been capable, we would have not had two wins had they played those two games.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    that is utter bull****

Cleverley does have a good first touch imo... but I don't think Blind or Carrick have bad ones.

You are hilarious.

Your not when you drag TC back into the thread. Its a real bore tbh.

He's not good enough and never was. Rightly got shipped out.

Nani though...

This period of play often gets brought up by Clev and Ando defenders as if we played some amazing intricate possession ball in the middle of the park.

It's a complete myth, it never happened. We played well against poor opposition and knocked the ball about reasonably well as you would expect against poor opposition.

The link up play for Nanis goal against City was nice and their were other moments in the following games. The team was fresh going into the season and Fergie was giving youth a chance.

Nothing more, there was no amazing football where Clev and Ando showed there quality. You judge a player over seasons not 5 games against fodder and a friendly.

People pointing to that time to make a case for Cleverly and Ando are doing so with some serious nostalgia. It was nothing amazing. It was brief periods in those matches from the MF that looked good, the overall team was better, wingers attackers etc.

What we saw Sunday and against Spurs was far superior from our midfeild than it ever was in that 5 period. We controlled tougher oppositon with controlled and calculated passing and poession in high stakes games for long periods.

Clev and Ando would not have been capable, we would have not had two wins had they played those two games.

City, Spurs, Arsenal?

Look I'm not arguing Cleverly is good enough for Utd, he's not. But I believe he has enough qualities to have a career at a club significantly better than Aston Villa. That's all. If people disagree then fair enough.

I did not bring the topic of Cleverley back into the thread. MagicIRL did.

And if you are bored by the conversation then why the fùck are you making so many posts about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Trilla wrote: »
    Did you ever notice with Cleverley he'd make a great fwd pass and then run and hide, but call for the ball

was very weird

plays a great ball forward into space
    runs behind an opponent
    then screams for the ball

very weird chap

anyways I want Paul McShane back if people want T Clev back.

Yep, TC used to noticeably make the conscious decision to not move into the required space to receive the ball from someone.

By this I mean there were countless examples of when all he had to was take 1-2 steps in a certain direction and he'd be in the perfect position to receive the ball from the player in possession; instead he would stay where he was or, worse still, take 1-2 steps in the opposite direction in order to make himself an even less appealing option to the ball carrier.

I assumed you meant on the left as in as a left winger, not just somewhere to left of the centre of the pitch.

At Benfica himself and Ramieres played as box to box CM players (Di Maria left side of 3). At madrid, Ronaldo regularly had that left side (in terms of wing/attacking position) so Di Maria played right side quite a bit until Bale was bought, then left side of a central 3. He would have played in a position similar to Fellaini - so arguably based on the Madrid template you could have Carrick, Herrera and Di Maria in the middle with Depay in Young's position.

He has played on the right, there's no doubt there Mitch but im just saying his best position is on the left be it left cm or left wing forward.

This is where he played when Bale came

8MvNwONm.png

• Nani though...

Oh no you didn't :pac:

Nani is poor...(Runs out the door)

Ah no, as much as he frustrates me apparently he's having a good season so I see no reason why we shouldn't give him another when his loan spell is up

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Oh no you didn't :pac:

Nani is poor...(Runs out the door)

Ah no, as much as he frustrates me apparently he's having a good season so I see no reason why we shouldn't give him another when his loan spell is up

nani is having a great season, would like to see him get another chance.

cleverly on the other hand is having a crap season, booed a lot by the villa fans.

• Advertisement

He has played on the right, there's no doubt there Mitch but im just saying his best position is on the left be it left cm or left wing forward.

This is where he played when Bale came

8MvNwONm.png
    So Depay being a winger, not a 'left of a middle 3' means that your question is moot.

You would be putting Depay in Youngs position, not Di Marias, so I'm not sure why you are bringing Di Maria into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement