Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

The Mata romance just keeps growing! Love him.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152855096397746

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MagicIRL wrote: »

Oh I like this, posted in the comments section :D

11073129_1801550566737024_5644858314385102254_n.jpg?oh=eb3fc8b8ba1b561fbdc3d48bc8944d89&oe=55AAC4FF&__gda__=1436895060_54f448d8dd9b7fb50b635d6f1b743d49

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Lads I'm back from a two week sin binning...was banned the evening of the Arsenal game...and look what happened. Should I just sit out the rest of the season? I missed you all greatly and I'm willing to take one for the team if it means more wins.

ncyUvE7.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Lads I'm back from a two week sin binning...was banned the evening of the Arsenal game...and look what happened. Should I just sit out the rest of the season? I missed you all greatly and I'm willing to take one for the team if it means more wins.

ncyUvE7.gif

Call me something horrible, get 2 month ban and bobs your uncle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Call me something horrible, get 2 month ban and bobs your uncle ;)

Rumour has it you're a secret Liverpool fan. :O

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Rumour has it you're a secret Liverpool fan. :O

Reported!!!!

Mods ban him!!!!

Don't worry Che, judging by my inbox I'll be sitting out the entire transfer window soon enough!

Haha, yer man just stays sitting as Juan 'Fúckin' Mata comes over to shake his hand and offer him a jersey and a bottle of champagne. If Juan Mata offered me a shít-stained bag containing the decomposing remains of ten ebola-ridden rats, I'd jump out of me seat and take arm and all from him. The guy did stand up eventually I know, but he could have looked a bit more humble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Betfair have cut the odds of Bale to join Man Utd to 6/4 after a surge of bets

• Advertisement

stankratz wrote: »
    Haha, yer man just stays sitting as Juan 'Fúckin' Mata comes over to shake his hand and offer him a jersey and a bottle of champagne. If Juan Mata offered me a shít-stained bag containing the decomposing remains of ten ebola-ridden rats, I'd jump out of me seat and take arm and all from him. The guy did stand up eventually I know, but he could have looked a bit more humble!

The legend says that the Chosen Juan is so perfect that to behold him with your own eyes will cause your body to just freeze up with amazement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Betfair have cut the odds of Bale to join Man Utd to 6/4 after a surge of bets

Not sure Id like Bale at UTD. Even more so if De Gea is part of deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Feels like too long since we had a black away kit, I loved these:

man_utd_nistelrooy_away_kit.jpg

$_35.JPG

IMO the nicest ever Black Away kit was the ' Sharp Viewcam' one from the days of Andrei Kanchelskis and Lee Sharpe on the wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

IMO the nicest ever Black Away kit was the ' Sharp Viewcam' one from the days of Andrei Kanchelskis and Lee Sharpe on the wings.

Loved the old umbro kits had loads of character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

jayo26 wrote: »
    Loved the old umbro kits had loads of character.

Have to say, I always liked it when we wore black shorts with the red tops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

py2006 wrote: »
    Not sure Id like Bale at UTD. Even more so if De Gea is part of deal

Wouldn't want one of the best wingers in world football? K then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Loved it.
    Had it.
    Left it in France in '94.
    Miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd be really really happy with Depay, Hummels, Clyne and then a marquee midfield signing

Looking at another 100+ million for 4 players

The legend says that the Chosen Juan is so perfect that to behold him with your own eyes will cause your body to just freeze up with amazement.

Sorta explains what happened to Mignolet for that 2nd goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I'd be really really happy with Depay, Hummels, Clyne and then a marquee midfield signing

Looking at another 100+ million for 4 players

Who would you let go?

Personally, Jones Valencia and Cleverly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Who would you let go?

If Raf can't force himself into the team now then I'd sooner let him go than Valencia if we are getting a reliable right back in, at least Valenicia is available when called upon

Cleverley out and Januzaj on loan somewhere, one of Jones/Evans/Smalling will surely go as well. We'll be lucky to get 15 million from outgoings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Who would you let go?

Cleverley is out of contract this summer anyway.

Have a feeling Rafael, Hernandez, Falcao and either Evans or Jones will go. Can't see Valencia going anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Who would you let go?

Rafael, Hernandez and Evans i think will go. Jones is 23 and if he gets over his rashness and his injuries (which are mainly linked to his rashness) I think he could be a handy number to have around the squad. Hoping that Nani can come back into the squad but wouldn't be sad to see him being replaced with Depay.

py2006 wrote: »
    Have to say, I always liked it when we wore black shorts with the red tops

Yhh its very old skool ain't it, I like them because its when we could start watching football regular so all my memories from younger days is the Umbro kits, I liked the blue and white striped one too and the green and yellow. My fav is the red one with the lace in the colour it was my first ever united kit I loved it,

astradave wrote: »
    Rafael, Hernandez and Evans i think will go. Jones is 23 and if he gets over his rashness and his injuries (which are mainly linked to his rashness) I think he could be a handy number to have around the squad. Hoping that Nani can come back into the squad but wouldn't be sad to see him being replaced with Depay.

I don't think its that lvg don't like rafa I think its more that Valencia has been pretty all round solid since he came in at rb, I know he made a few mistakes but he has in general been good for an attacking rb apart from his ground crosses grhhhhh.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yhh its very old skool ain't it, I like them because its when we could start watching football regular so all my memories from younger days is the Umbro kits, I liked the blue and white striped one too and the green and yellow. My fav is the red one with the lace in the colour it was my first ever united kit I loved it,

Some very nice jerseys back then.

The first away jersey my parents bought for me was the 92/93 away blue jersey. It had big crest to the left hand side. If you wore it today people would think you were off your head. But I still love it.

My relatives gave me both home and away 91/92 kits once they could not fit my cousins. The away one looked like USSR jersey at time . Actually still have them at parents.

Have not bought a jersey in a while. I loved the 06/07 home jersey. Its the last home one I bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The first away jersey my parents bought for me was the 92/93 away blue jersey. It had big crest to the left hand side. If you wore it today people would think you were off your head. But I still love it.

My relatives gave me both home and away 91/92 kits once they could not fit my cousins. The away one looked like USSR jersey at time . Actually still have them at parents.

Have not bought a jersey in a while. I loved the 06/07 home jersey. Its the last home one I bought.

I still get them pretty often my missus usually gets them for fathers day and whatever I loved the jersey with the black v across the chest and id say the new addidas one will be nice I like alot of their jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Wouldn't want one of the best wingers in world football? K then.

Best wingers in world football? Have you watched him this season? There are about 50 wingers across Europe who have had better seasons than him. Ashley Young has been better and that tells the story better than anything else could.

I think he'd do well at United but for the fee that he would command, it's nowhere near worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Kirby wrote: »
    Best wingers in world football? Have you watched him this season? There are about 50 wingers across Europe who have had better seasons than him. Ashley Young has been better and that tells the story better than anything else could.

I think he'd do well at United but for the fee that he would command, it's nowhere near worth it.

So you're saying we should be looking at another 40 odd wingers or just hang on to Ashley Young instead?
    Glad you're not in charge of transfers at United.

Bale is in a toxic environment, seemingly doesn't get on with the star man and has the fans on his back. Ibrahimovic had a similar time at Barcelona but sure I suppose he never got his career back on track...

If he is to become available, it will be for less than what he moved for. A no brainer for any team that can afford him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Bale is perfect for United but just like Di Maria he is also frustrating player and gives away possession many times because he tries too many things.

People who haven't watched Di Maria but wanted him at United were shocked by how sloppy he is when in possession, so I can see same people doubting Bale after giving away possession few times in the game with all the mind reading posts like how he never wanted here and wants out just by seeing him on field.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Would like to see Depay at Utd.

F**k getting Bale, it would surely mean DDG going in opposite direction. The fee would be crazy and i dont see how hes worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Apart from the odd birthday present from the missus(last one was in 2008)I haven't bought a jersey in about 15 years, some of those mock up ones about at the moment are absolutely fantastic.

If we get a black one, I'll be buying one for sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Apart from the odd birthday present from the missus(last one was in 2008)I haven't bought a jersey in about 15 years, some of those mock up ones about at the moment are absolutely fantastic.

If we get a black one, I'll be buying one for sure...

Feel like I'm in the minority here! I pick them up every year pretty much as long as they aren't horrible. Even collect the score draw retro ones. Some of the classics mentioned on the last few pages are done by them. Picked up a few from the official utd store in the last few days as they had them reduced

Antibac wrote: »
    Feel like I'm in the minority here! I pick them up every year pretty much as long as they aren't horrible. Even collect the score draw retro ones. Some of the classics mentioned on the last few pages are done by them. Picked up a few from the official utd store in the last few days as they had them reduced

Nope I'm the same I just let the missus buy them. I have the 1968 retro jersey bought it in the store at one of the games I was over for its number 7 with long sleeves I love It I only wear it out for cup finals ha its been stored away for few years now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Me too, loved that kit. Got a replica of that in the sports section of Heatons a few weeks ago. They have a small number of retro jerseys, think the '99 European red kit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Khedira leaving on a free this summer. Obviously take him for free but despite that should we persue him ? Apparently hes injury prone and not held in high regard at real.

Snap him up if possible. Quality player to have coming off the bench. He's only 27, too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mata makes me doubt my heterosexuality on a regular basis.
    TheDoc wrote: »
    Oh I like this, posted in the comments section :D

11073129_1801550566737024_5644858314385102254_n.jpg?oh=eb3fc8b8ba1b561fbdc3d48bc8944d89&oe=55AAC4FF&__gda__=1436895060_54f448d8dd9b7fb50b635d6f1b743d49

Beat me to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

dor843088 wrote: »
    Khedira leaving on a free this summer. Obviously take him for free but despite that should we persue him ? Apparently hes injury prone and not held in high regard at real.

Most rumors have him heading back to Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Kirby wrote: »

you obviously read too much of the marca and see all the bad press bale is getting.

Show me 50 wingers playing in the top league in Europe who have scored 16 goals this season and assisted 6.....

Last season 22 goals so he is on target to equal or beat that this season.

Bale is a fantastic player, one of the best in the world, playing under unbelievable pressure week in week out. imagine he coming to United where the fans would sing his name every week and worship him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

TL;DR

So 36.9m has been agreed for Valencia CB Nicolas Otamendi according to the article. 27yrs old and 6ft tall. How highly is he rated? is he a ball playing CB?

Plus were set to see off competition from Arsenal and Liverpool for Alves.

The article also claims we are set to lose out on Bale as he is intent on staying at Madrid.

Claims we will go for Pogba and the Italian side would struggle to keep their star man should a reported bid of £44m come in.

Asmir Begovic is lined up in case we can't hold onto DDG.

Finally Vidic turned down a move to us in January...............it's claimed.

Interesting stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I think he will go back to Germany. Its easier to stand out in the German League to get your place in the Geman Squad then play second fiddle in other leagues are risk your international place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

This fella? Had that too.

This was my first ever United jersey. Loved it. It's a jersey that looks bettert he closer you get...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A lot of speculation over the last few days - being internional week will have that effect.

At the moment the whispers are:

1. De Gea is gone in the summer to Madrid.

Would be gutted to lose him but since we signed Valdes I have resigned myself to De GEa leaving this summer. No new contract with just 15months left on his current deal screams that he is out the door in the summer.

Begovic is being linked as a replacement this morning, not a fan of him at all myself. Good shot stopper but terrible with the ball at his feet, which seems an important trait in this United side. Lloris is another I have heard is high on United's list (first choice is what I have seen elsewhere) but the thoughts of trying to sign a top player from Spurs makes me ill!

2. Dani Alves is getting strongly linked. Really not sure about him - 32, and there would have to be question marks of his ability to adapt to the pace/physicality of the Premiership, and the more restrained role he would have to play at United as part of a more conventionally set up back four. Would be on huge money too, and on a contract that would have him going to 35 on big money. Could see him being like City signing Maicon (though he seemed past it before they even signed him!). Clyne is the other right back United have been strongly linked with - i'd prefer we spend the money on him - a far more long term solution than Alves.

3. Di Maria could be gone in the summer too - following a bust up with LVG post-Liverpool.

He hasn't sparkled like I would have hoped, not since the first couple of appearances, but I would hate to lose him in the summer - after just one season. There are good arguments on both sides - an apparent lack of interest or desire to play for United (given recent performances, reactions) is one massive neegative for ADM. But in terms of his performance, I would say moving to a new league, country and struggling team that had no set pattern of play or tactics (he has played CM, wide CM, left wing, right wing, number 10 and as a striker) have to be contributing factors. I would also say Woodward would be against selling him so soon.

4. Falcao leaving in the summer.

Would hardly be surprising given his performances. If he did want to stay, and United did want to keep him, I would say the transfer fee and contract would need to be a lot lower than they are agreed to be at the moment.

5. Otimendi dal agreed for the summer? Hummels deal in place for the summer?

Would guess we would only being getting one, if either. Personally reckon Otimendi would be better suited to the PL but at 36million (rumoured) for either, a massive chunk of money for either.

• Advertisement

TL;DR

So 36.9m has been agreed for Valencia CB Nicolas Otamendi according to the article. 27yrs old and 6ft tall. How highly is he rated? is he a ball playing CB?

Plus were set to see off competition from Arsenal and Liverpool for Alves.

The article also claims we are set to lose out on Bale as he is intent on staying at Madrid.

Claims we will go for Pogba and the Italian side would struggle to keep their star man should a reported bid of £44m come in.

Asmir Begovic is lined up in case we can't hold onto DDG.

Finally Vidic turned down a move to us in January...............it's claimed.

Interesting stuff.
    The Vidic stuff is BS. The Agent meant the december of his last season - we were trying to renew his deal up to then, not trying to bring him back December 14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've only ever had one United jersey, and a great one it was:

95-96-Man-Utd-Home-Shirt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

That's the last one I got. A classic. Not quite up to the standards of the 1991 home jersey but it beats the snot out of that farce with the string at the neck that came before it.

Oh - and forgot Depay and Bale rumours....

Would reckon Depay is far more likely than Bale. Money and LVG's influence might make Depay a better bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That was my first jersey and I had cantona 7 on it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement