Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That was my first jersey and I had cantona 7 on it

Many a summers afternoon was spent running around the park with the collar up. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

A lot of speculation over the last few days - being internional week will have that effect.

At the moment the whispers are:

1. De Gea is gone in the summer to Madrid.

Would be gutted to lose him but since we signed Valdes I have resigned myself to De GEa leaving this summer. No new contract with just 15months left on his current deal screams that he is out the door in the summer.

ive kind of accepted know that de gea will leave to madrid all the signs are pointing towards it 15 months on contract left, girlfriend saying manchester is not nice and casillis being done as a top keeper.

I would like if it does happen get a young keeper in have valdes as no 1 and eventually get the younger keeper to take over

• Many a summers afternoon was spent running around the park with the collar up. :D
    Remember this add?

'Au Revoir!!' :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

sky88 wrote: »
    ive kind of accepted know that de gea will leave to madrid all the signs are pointing towards it 15 months on contract left, girlfriend saying manchester is not nice and casillis being done as a top keeper.

I would like if it does happen get a young keeper in have valdes as no 1 and eventually get the younger keeper to take over

Shame truth is always ignored even when the person made the video to tell she didn't say anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Same as that.

I'm still morto at having spent far too long playing in it with a bandage on my wrist after that belter of a free kick against Arsenal. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Worn with collars up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

7242bc23b008b4bf53ffdc69397834bc.jpg

Just bring this back :)

Was just checking the highlights, Mata his season vs Liverpool. 2 games, 3 goals and 1 assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Trilla wrote: »
    7242bc23b008b4bf53ffdc69397834bc.jpg

Just bring this back :)

I had to beg my mother for weeks to part with £20 for that.

Edit: And the red Sharp logo turned pink after a few washes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Has anyone got any of them retro jerseys that Sports Direct sell? You can also get them on the club website,

Are they good quality?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Remember this add?

'Au Revoir!!' :):)

Suarez would fit in well on that team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I've only ever had one United jersey, and a great one it was:

95-96-Man-Utd-Home-Shirt.jpg

Still have that one,was actually wearing it the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

sky88 wrote: »

Not true.
    RasTa wrote: »
    Some price on this one

1992-94-manchester-united-newt-5119-1.jpg

I think I still have mine somewhere.

A friend of mine still has one of these with the original sale tags on it.

£75 million for Bale, http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/432938/REVEALED-Man-Utd-City-and-Chelsea-target-Bale-s-SHOCK-75m-Real-Madrid-RELEASE-CLAUSE

I suppose it's £25 million cheaper than what we were reported to have offered Spurs for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Has anyone got any of them retro jerseys that Sports Direct sell? You can also get them on the club website,

Are they good quality?

Yea they are made by score draw. I find them as good as the regular ones. I Never buy em at full price as they come up at 20 or less every so often

Judging by that site, I have a fortune in retro shirts at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

United website is still shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liked the Stadium Jersey too. Everybody and I mean literally everybody who bought that jersey played Football with the collar up thinking they were Cantona.

The only names I ever got in back of jersey was Kanchelskis 14 on back of that jersey and Cole 9 on the Away Sharp Viewcam jersey from 97 to 99.

Schneiderlin said he will leave if Southampton dont qualify for CL (more or less), hopefully he is on whatever the transfer list we have. He is superb player, excellent tackler and not bad with ball too. He will improve our first 11 and also makes team defensively very solid. Him and Herrera in the midfield is a nightmare for opponents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

zerks wrote: »
    £75 million for Bale, http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/432938/REVEALED-Man-Utd-City-and-Chelsea-target-Bale-s-SHOCK-75m-Real-Madrid-RELEASE-CLAUSE

I suppose it's £25 million cheaper than what we were reported to have offered Spurs for him.

can't see why Bales release clause would be less than what they paid for him just last summer. doesn't make sense.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    United website is still shíte.

For a club who are miles ahead of most in marketing dept, we are **** when it comes to social media or websites. Some insights to what is going on within makes an interesting video rather than the **** they post all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

can't see why Bales release clause would be less than what they paid for him just last summer. doesn't make sense.

'Twas the summer before last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Buying Bale for 80 million was stupid, buying him now for near that would be even worse

45 million is probably around his worth in reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Worn with collars up?

Silly question! Of course!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    For a club who are miles ahead of most in marketing dept, we are **** when it comes to social media or websites. Some insights to what is going on within makes an interesting video rather than the **** they post all day.

Hired a new Social Media director not too long ago, and I had heard part of the remit was a complete overhaul of the site. Clearly nothing has happened so far, at least not that the public can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Buy Depay and keep Nani, spare the crazy money for Bale and instead focus on world class CM and CB..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I think our social media is currently, and will be for some time, be set up to target our fans in Asia more than anywhere else.

That or they're just idiots. Maybe both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

This fella? Had that too.

This was my first ever United jersey. Loved it. It's a jersey that looks bettert he closer you get...

Loved that 2nd away jersey, I hope Addidas come up with something like it in the next few years.
    I'd forgot about that other blue one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Schneiderlin said he will leave if Southampton dont qualify for CL (more or less), hopefully he is on whatever the transfer list we have. He is superb player, excellent tackler and not bad with ball too. He will improve our first 11 and also makes team defensively very solid. Him and Herrera in the midfield is a nightmare for opponents.

He would be my number 1 target for the summer he is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I hate international weeks with a passion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Headshot wrote: »

Coming off the back of that result makes it a bit easier. Imagine how they feel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

With like 8 games to go though, such a rubbish time for a break.

Imagine a big injury or serious of injuries occurs when your on the final stretch. Properly ****ing stupid organisation for internationals as per usual

TheDoc wrote: »
    With like 8 games to go though, such a rubbish time for a break.

Imagine a big injury or serious of injuries occurs when your on the final stretch. Properly ****ing stupid organisation for internationals as per usual

Tbf, when else do they play the matches?

Tbf, when else do they play the matches?

Nothing on this summer is there?

Why they arn't all moved into the off-season when tournaments arn't taking place, and have a little festival of international football every summer is beyond me.

ah cmon headshot

meet you down at the clyde this Sunday

have a few smithwicks and a bacon cheese burger

get your ole ole on

I know I will :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

hard for any football club website to be any good I suppose.

If you think the united one is bad, try the real or barca ones equally if not worse and probably the 3 biggest clubs in the world

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

anyone have this jersey? I still have it up on the wall..... 2 jerseys in one

AqxXfHvCEAAinbO.gif:large

Surely would be more ammunition to say they arn't a top club, since they havn't won the league in over two decades?

Do new Liverpool fans get enticed by things that where won twenty years before they were born?

It's always a subjective arguement, but I'd always base it off a range of recent years.

If we for example went another couple of years without a title or CL football, I'd struggle to call United the biggest club anymore.

In the end it's just pandering to fans and trying to make everyone feel important. Like we are really to believe "Villa" are a "big" club because they won some stuff thirty years ago?

Or that Newcastle are a big club, with their main success in the last two decades throwing a title away?

So many people rate different things to say their club is "big" and it's normally twisted to suit their argument.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Nothing on this summer is there?

Why they arn't all moved into the off-season when tournaments arn't taking place, and have a little festival of international football every summer is beyond me.

So the players play all year round?

And there's less risk of getting injuries that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

It pisses me off no end about the European Cup, two European Cup wins in nearly 20 years of dominance would be at least double maybe even triple but for the Ban on English Teams, the Foreigner Rule plus the expansion of the competition to include non title winners.

bangkok wrote: »
    hard for any football club website to be any good I suppose.

If you think the united one is bad, try the real or barca ones equally if not worse and probably the 3 biggest clubs in the world

Play online games with a guy who is a project lead for a company who built two EPL websites and currently in requirements spec mode for a third.

Like any development company, they take direction from the client, and provide what they want.

It's all targeted stuff for advertising and data collection and pushing information for corporate and executive bookings and opening up those revenue streams. Any content about the team or actual football is carefully disected by the clubs PR departments to ensure it's all positive and there is nothing really of substance.

He's spoken about how the most hilarious thing recently is the developments and process' around social media, and he works with clubs ethics and PR teams to help draw up social media policies for staff and players.

They just see it as a marketing tool, like most do, and totally don't grasp the concept of what it can really be used for.

In fairness things getting better with the United social media, with things like exclusive interviews and more player involvement. Don't know about anyone else but I'm typically not interested in that stuff at all, but some people clearly freak their **** seeing a player NOT on a football pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

If they brought in a tunnel cam like City have, everything else wouldn't even bother me anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Alves on a free, Nani back in and break the bank to sign Hummels and Pogba...that would be a successful summer.

So the players play all year round?

And there's less risk of getting injuries that way?

Removal of international breaks mid season will means domestic seasons will end earlier. Or leagues, like England, could introduce a winter break if they wanted since their schedule is reduced by like, 6 weeks.

Could easily schedule internationals over a summer period in like June or July over three weeks, all done, and players actually get a sustained summer holiday.

You'd perceive it as them playing all year round, with factoring in removal of mid-season friendlies would mean the leagues finish WEEKS ahead of when they currently do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Of course I like to see Ireland doing well but I just have no passion for it at all.

It annoys me that utd are in a great run and this fecking Internationals come at crap time.

• Advertisement

Of course I like to see Ireland doing well but I just have no passion for it at all.

It annoys me that utd are in a great run and this fecking Internationals come at crap time.

Same, will watch the Ireland game but won't be up for it.

Havn't been a properly passionate Ireland fan in a long time, although have various reasons for it. But could just as easily go do something else the evening it is on and not really give a ****

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement