Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Facing Man Utd without Jonny Evans is obviously a huge boost for Arsenal ahead of the game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was worried someone broke boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Facing Man Utd without Jonny Evans is obviously a huge boost for Arsenal ahead of the game....

You mean United's best defender over the last 2 games when they kept clean sheets both times? Yeah sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Headshot wrote: »
    I was worried someone broke boards

They nearly did. They just mixed it up and started licking their phones and laptops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

kryogen wrote: »
    I want to win the cup

5th and the cup is a poor season overall
    4th and no cup is a level par season
    4th and the cup is a good season overall
    3rd and the cup is a fantastic season this season all things considered.

It would be better to win it to instill a winning mentality in the team again also, to get that feeling of winning a trophy again. I know we are the International Champions Cup holders, but a lot of the current team were not involved in that tournament ;)

4th in the league with Liverpool coming 5th and also beating them in the FA Cup final would be orgasmic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

thelad95 wrote: »
    Arsenal are very overrated this season. Take away Sanchez, Walcott and Giroud and they're very beatable. Plus we seem to have had Arsenals number for quite a while now. Wenger couldn't even mastermind a win over Moyes' United. In fact, if Van Persie hadn't left his shooting boots on the bus, we'd have won comfortably in the Emirates.

I hope and imagine that LVG's understanding of our team isn't as over-simplified as yours.

Walcott has barely featured for Arsenal since his return from injury and Sanchez has been pretty off the boil for several games now. Admittedly we wouldn't be where we are now if it wasn't for his amazing form at the start of the season, but we have more than just Sanchez.

We have more different goal scorers than any other team in the premier league.

We have some in form players who were either injured or unavailable when we last played you, i.e Coquelin, Ozil and Koscielny. This will be a different game to the one at the Emirates, for both teams. The only real concern that Arsenal fans have and Manchester fans have rightfully raised is the team's mentality when it comes to playing against you in general and when we go to Old Trafford. In any case, I hope it's a thrilling F.A Cup game and that we can raise the bar in terms of the standard of the Quarter Finals for this years F.A Cup! Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Not sure if anyone else reads footyheadlines, probably not with the horrible name but they are pretty spot on with new kits and boots etc, months before they come out but they're saying we'll have a black and red third kit next season that will be "anything but boring", I missed the black kits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

what i really loved about the last game against newcastle was how minutes after carrick came on, we scored a goal and won the game. There was a stat flying around in nov/dec of how we won every single game he started in and what an effect he has on the team. He's a fantastic player and surely he is fit enough now to start tomorrow's game.

what i really loved about the last game against newcastle was how minutes after carrick came on, we scored a goal and won the game. There was a stat flying around in nov/dec of how we won every single game he started in and what an effect he has on the team. He's a fantastic player and surely he is fit enough now to start tomorrow's game.

That was more down to Fellaini imo. United have looked much worse without him in midfield after his injury/inexplicable dropping from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Arsenal fans seem to be confident

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Arsenal fans seem to be confident

They were confident against Monaco as well,before Berba opened up a can of whoop ass on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

They were confident against Monaco as well,before Berba opened up a can of whoop ass on them.

Berba didn't open the can, that was Kondogbia. Dimitar has never been any good with can openers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Saw here on thread last week that people were mentioning Dani Alves as a signing to temporary RB till we sign someone....
    If anyone saw Penalty he gave away today for Barca he didn't cover himself in glory....Paul Mc Shane type mistimed challenge where he clattered into the forward!
    Going forward was always his forte and his best years are behind him IMO.

greendom wrote: »
    Berba didn't open the can, that was Kondogbia. Dimitar has never been any good with can openers

he wasnt too bad this week at it,

http://gfycat.com/AdoredSpecificHuman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

very nice - more like opening a cereal packet though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hello Arsenal fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Who is the blonde one in that video ?
    With northern accent.

Also I'm not sure that is a fat David May lookalike, or actually May himself

That's Johnny Evans Wife Helen McConnell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I love this guy. It's probably my biggest disappointment in football that we didn't see the best of him at united. Only rivalled my missing out on Ronaldinho.

Watching his time at united was like having a troublesome kid, you knew he could do so much better but in hindsight I think the team and style of play would have had to be built around him which was never going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I hope and imagine that LVG's understanding of our team isn't as over-simplified as yours.

Walcott has barely featured for Arsenal since his return from injury and Sanchez has been pretty off the boil for several games now. Admittedly we wouldn't be where we are now if it wasn't for his amazing form at the start of the season, but we have more than just Sanchez.

We have more different goal scorers than any other team in the premier league.

We have some in form players who were either injured or unavailable when we last played you, i.e Coquelin, Ozil and Koscielny. This will be a different game to the one at the Emirates, for both teams. The only real concern that Arsenal fans have and Manchester fans have rightfully raised is the team's mentality when it comes to playing against you in general and when we go to Old Trafford. In any case, I hope it's a thrilling F.A Cup game and that we can raise the bar in terms of the standard of the Quarter Finals for this years F.A Cup! Best of luck.

Coquelin is not in form its just the rest of your midfield is off form and and as for ozil he blows hot and cold from one week to another if they are two of your best in form players ill take that any day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Looking at the Arsenal team from their last game there's only two players I'd take

• Advertisement

Looking at the Arsenal team from their last game there's only two players I'd take

Really? Koscielny, Mertesacker, Bellerin, Ozil, Sanchez and plenty more maybes I would take in a heartbeat. Sure United are still playing the likes of Young and Valencia ffs!

Welbeck? *Runs*

Welbeck? *Runs*

Lol

Liam O wrote: »
    Really? Koscielny, Mertesacker, Bellerin, Ozil, Sanchez and plenty more maybes I would take in a heartbeat. Sure United are still playing the likes of Young and Valencia ffs!

Mertesacker? He not even getting a game now. Id take koscielny and Sanchez out of your list, bellerin is fast and young but he ain't achieved or proved anything yet we have loads of young potential in our club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Young is playing brilliant in fairness, as good as any arsenal player mentioned.

Let's make a combined 11 for the lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

thelad95 wrote: »
    Arsenal are very overrated this season. Take away Sanchez, Walcott and Giroud and they're very beatable. Plus we seem to have had Arsenals number for quite a while now. Wenger couldn't even mastermind a win over Moyes' United. In fact, if Van Persie hadn't left his shooting boots on the bus, we'd have won comfortably in the Emirates.

Eh Walcott has barely featured this season due to injury and Giroud was out injured for nearly 3 months! Absolutely clueless post, get your facts straight :pac:

Let's make a combined 11 for the lols.

I cant bring myself to do It lol I tried to write down a few arsenal players names but it just didn't feel right

Eh Walcott has barely featured this season due to injury and Giroud was out injured for nearly 3 months! Absolutely clueless post, get your facts straight :pac:

Eh read the mans post he actually said they are good players and he is fairly spot on. Sanchez carried ye at start of season and giroud has been decent for ye since he came back. Arsenal haven't been fantastic this season they have been inconsistent too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

jayo26 wrote: »
    Mertesacker? He not even getting a game now. Id take koscielny and Sanchez out of your list, bellerin is fast and young but he ain't achieved or proved anything yet we have loads of young potential in our club.
    Mertesacker has missed 1 important game in about 4 months due to being rested.

Eh read the mans post he actually said they are good players and he is fairly spot on. Sanchez carried ye at start of season and giroud has been decent for ye since he came back. Arsenal haven't been fantastic this season they have been inconsistent too.

Never said Arsenal have been fantastic this season. Even I can admit that Arsenal haven't played well for a lot of the season. To say that they are overrated this season though and mentioning Walcott who hasn't played and Giroud who missed months is just ridiculous. Shows that he hasn't watched Arsenal this season.

Never said Arsenal have been fantastic this season. Even I can admit that Arsenal haven't played well for a lot of the season. To say that they are overrated this season though and mentioning Walcott who hasn't played and Giroud who missed months is just ridiculous. Shows that he hasn't watched Arsenal this season.

Too busy watching the greatest team in the world with the greatest players.

Yes but he wasn't saying Walcott or giroud are over rated he is saying that they make arsenal a better team Same as Sanchez does. Arsenal were down in sixth place a couple months ago until giroud came back if I'm correct?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Mertesacker has missed 1 important game in about 4 months due to being rested.

Mertesacker hasn't been playing well for a while he is constantly caught for pace. He probably would of missed more only they didn't have a decent back up. Gabriel looked alot better after he settled down the other night.

Yes but he wasn't saying Walcott or giroud are over rated he is saying that they make arsenal a better team Same as Sanchez does. Arsenal were down in sixth place a couple months ago until giroud came back if I'm correct?

Think we have misunderstood each other here, I know he's saying Sanchez, Walcott and Giroud are good players. I just thought it was wrong to say that Arsenal are overrated this season and that they are only decent with them players, considering that two of the three players have missed considerable time this season, so how could the rest of the team be overrated?

Anyway I'm probably putting the thread ot. On tomorrow's game I can only see a goal deciding it either way. Obviously I hope Arsenal win it, but our record at Old Trafford is diabolical so would say Man Utd are favourites, but I as a fan I'm confident of Arsenal winning any game they play.

• Advertisement

Think we have misunderstood each other here, I know he's saying Sanchez, Walcott and Giroud are good players. I just thought it was wrong to say that Arsenal are overrated this season and that they are only decent with them players, considering that two of the three players have missed considerable time this season, so how could the rest of the team be overrated?

Anyway I'm probably putting the thread ot. On tomorrow's game I can only see a goal deciding it either way. Obviously I hope Arsenal win it, but our record at Old Trafford is diabolical so would say Man Utd are favourites, but I as a fan I'm confident of Arsenal winning any game they play.

No problems ill let you off haha. Either way hopefully it be a good game as I said all along form goes out the window when top teams meet also if we play our usual possession football wengner won't allow arsenal sit back and counter attack in sure of it so I reckon they will be goals for both sides just more for united. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Coquelin is not in form its just the rest of your midfield is off form and and as for ozil he blows hot and cold from one week to another if they are two of your best in form players ill take that any day of the week.

That's simply not true. Coquelin has some great stats and if you actually watched him play he has made a huge difference to our team. He is pacier than Arteta, who we had against you in the Emirates. Arsenal's problem has been moreso balance in midfield this season , an issue I believe Man United have also had problems with.
    Ozil is becoming more consistent week on week.

Anyway, this is your thread, and the match is tomorrow, I'll leave it at that.

kona wrote: »
    Young is playing brilliant in fairness, as good as any arsenal player mentioned.

No he's not. Ozil has done more than Young has all season in the last 5 games. Sanchez is so far ahead of Young it's not even worth thinking about. Walcott is another who puts Young to shame and he's barely getting in the Arsenal team at the moment. Brilliant would be having more than 1 goal and assist in the 15 odd games he's played this season. And that goal was a gift after he missed an easy chance earlier in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Has it become a crime to acknowledge a player actually doing well even though he has been ****e for a long, long time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

kryogen wrote: »
    Has it become a crime to acknowledge a player actually doing well even though he has been ****e for a long, long time?

Yes unless the player's name is Spitty Evans.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

I've been one of Di Maria's biggest critics all season but really think the game could suit him tomorrow and am hoping he can put in a massive performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Well lads and ladies En route to Manchester for the game, my first ever game and I've been a fan 17+ years, can't wait :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hococop wrote: »
    Well lads and ladies En route to Manchester for the game, my first ever game and I've been a fan 17+ years, can't wait :D:D

Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Hococop wrote: »

You on the boat? It's absolutely packed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Looking at the squads around us, the likes of Southampton, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs, in my opinion I still wouldn't swap many of our players for theirs. Theres certainly a few I'd take, but in the main our squad is as good if not better than our rivals.

Thats why its so frustrating to hear the constant refrain about just squeezing into the CL places, player wise we should be absolutely sailing into the top four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

No he's not. Ozil has done more than Young has all season in the last 5 games. Sanchez is so far ahead of Young it's not even worth thinking about. Walcott is another who puts Young to shame and he's barely getting in the Arsenal team at the moment. Brilliant would be having more than 1 goal and assist in the 15 odd games he's played this season. And that goal was a gift after he missed an easy chance earlier in the game.

I disagree , Ashley young is having a good season , ozil and Walcott I wouldn't have in the united team , I'd take Sanchez however.

Looking at the squads around us, the likes of Southampton, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs, in my opinion I still wouldn't swap many of our players for theirs. Theres certainly a few I'd take, but in the main our squad is as good if not better than our rivals.

Thats why its so frustrating to hear the constant refrain about just squeezing into the CL places, player wise we should be absolutely sailing into the top four.

Its not always that simple for example look at Dortmund they loose one key player and the squad is unbalanced and end up in bottom half of table.
    We have one of best squads in league on paper but if you allow for players to settle in and change of routine and injuries it can have an adverse affect on the squad. I'm not saying we shouldn't be doing better but if the team is in this position this time next year id be worried but this year ill accept a scrap for the top four if we push on from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Good article here on Mata, agree with it all, think he has been treated unfairly somewhat.

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9746613/F365-Says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

RobertKK wrote: »

One of my favourite players in Europe at the moment. Love the way he plays. Such a shame thats a SportsWitness link.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement