Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

bangkok wrote: »
    anyone have this jersey? I still have it up on the wall..... 2 jerseys in one

AqxXfHvCEAAinbO.gif:large

It was too big for me in 2001 and it's still too big for me in 2015! :D

Fantastic jersey. Must dig it out for 5 a side tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

TheDoc wrote: »
    Removal of international breaks mid season will means domestic seasons will end earlier. Or leagues, like England, could introduce a winter break if they wanted since their schedule is reduced by like, 6 weeks.

Could easily schedule internationals over a summer period in like June or July over three weeks, all done, and players actually get a sustained summer holiday.

You'd perceive it as them playing all year round, with factoring in removal of mid-season friendlies would mean the leagues finish WEEKS ahead of when they currently do.

The same number of games overall still has to be played. So you're just advocating playing them in a shorter timespan, which isn't any better for injuries.

It might suit United better now but it wouldn't have done much for them in any of the seasons where they were in contention for more than one trophy in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Mars Bar wrote: »

ha too big for me as well!! :D

Alves on a free, A 25-30 goal striker, Nani back in and break the bank to sign Hummels and Pogba...that would be a successful summer.

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The same number of games overall still has to be played. So you're just advocating playing them in a shorter timespan, which isn't any better for injuries.

It might suit United better now but it wouldn't have done much for them in any of the seasons where they were in contention for more than one trophy in March.

Ah doesn't matter your not following me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

fyp

We have 30 goal strikers in RVP and Rooney. Hopefully Hernandez stays and Wilson kicks on.

Having said that if Hernandez wanted to leave and RVPs fitness was questionable I wouldn't mind Falcao made permanent if the money was reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Face it, Falcao failed his job interview, buying him for anything other than peanuts would be lunacy.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Ah doesn't matter your not following me

I do get what you're saying. Take them out of the regular season means the summer is 6 weeks longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Face it, Falcao failed his job interview, buying him for anything other than peanuts would be lunacy.

if we could buy him for 25-27 million i would, Monaco wont be able to afford him when he comes back id imagine.

I've a feeling whatever club he goes to next season he will bang in 30+ goals :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would be shocked if Falcao was signed, and I could see RVP leaving - was poor last year, didn't do that much after the Spain game in the WC and hasn't been great this season either. We should be at least thinking of moving him on. Particularly true if we are actually going to move to a 433 formation - with the assumption that Rooney would be first choice striker. We'd have Wilson, possibly Hernandez and maybe even someone like Ings as backup for that front man role.

We need, imo: GK, RB, CB, CM (at least one) and an attacking player.

• Advertisement

I can't see hernandez coming back. He's not going to be first choice at United.

And it's time for RVP to move on. He'll be 32 at the start of next season and he hasn't contributed a whole lot for a long time.

Hococop wrote: »
    if we could buy him for 25-27 million i would, Monaco wont be able to afford him when he comes back id imagine.

I've a feeling whatever club he goes to next season he will bang in 30+ goals :(

according to falcao and his agent there are plenty of clubs interested in signing him this summer, will be just no where near the 40m we were quoted with.

hernandez def wont be coming back. Has been on the bench all season at Madrid and is at the age now where he will want to be playing every week, id imagine he will be looking to move on himself.

• Would be shocked if Falcao was signed, and I could see RVP leaving - was poor last year, didn't do that much after the Spain game in the WC and hasn't been great this season either. We should be at least thinking of moving him on. Particularly true if we are actually going to move to a 433 formation - with the assumption that Rooney would be first choice striker. We'd have Wilson, possibly Hernandez and maybe even someone like Ings as backup for that front man role.

We need, imo: GK, RB, CB, CM (at least one) and an attacking player.

Not a great selection for backup IMO

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not a great selection for backup IMO

True - but when you are only playing one striker regularly, it is going to be tough to have top class backups. Also, the club rate Wilson very highly by all accounts.

True - but when you are only playing one striker regularly, it is going to be tough to have top class backups. Also, the club rate Wilson very highly by all accounts.

if we are playing champions league you will need better strikers as backup. Also Wilson or Hernandez would be poor choices to play as a lone striker, that's why I think the club will look to bring in Cavani, Lewandowski or Dybala if they don't sign Falcao

if we are playing champions league you will need better strikers as backup. Also Wilson or Hernandez would be poor choices to play as a lone striker, that's why I think the club will look to bring in Cavani, Lewandowski or Dybala if they don't sign Falcao

They sign any of those and we either can't play the 433 formation LVG wants - so we are again looking at hodge-podge formations and styles that blighted most of this season, or we are playing Rooney in midfield, on the wing or as a number 10 - all of which is a terrible idea, imo. Rooney should either play up front or not at all.

They sign any of those and we either can't play the 433 formation LVG wants - so we are again looking at hodge-podge formations and styles that blighted most of this season, or we are playing Rooney in midfield, on the wing or as a number 10 - all of which is a terrible idea, imo. Rooney should either play up front or not at all.

cavani can play where fellaini is currently playing, or swap with rooney if he needs a rest or vice versa. they also have the option to play with rooney and cavani up front depending on the opposition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

cavani can play where fellaini is currently playing, or swap with rooney if he needs a rest or vice versa. they also have the option to play with rooney and cavani up front depending on the opposition

Veto. Fellaini can play where Fellaini is currently playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3012852/Manchester-United-planning-spending-spree-Louis-van-Gaal-targets-Mats-Hummels-Paul-Pogba-Nathaniel-Clyne.html

Seems like the tactic of buying prospects and hoping they'll come good and demand high transfer fees from prospective buyers is gone.
    I was never comfortable with that idea,we are United,not Crewe and shouldn't be seen as a club to nurture talent only to see them as commodities to be sold on.

Veto. Fellaini can play where Fellaini is currently playing.

Hypothetical option in the summer...... iniesta to replace fellaini in the team. Yes or no?

• Advertisement

Hypothetical option in the summer...... iniesta to replace fellaini in the team. Yes or no?

If anything, Barca will be looking to replace Iniesta with Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Cavani can play as an advanced central midfielder? Have you ever seen Cavani?

Cavani is a similar player to Falcao, no point in getting rid of Falcao to sign a similar player that there's no room for in the squad.

If anything, Barca will be looking to replace Iniesta with Fellaini.

im not sure if you are serious or not:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Didn't people learn from last season that the papers know nothing? Vidal etc. A lot of rubbish links posted in here today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Liam O wrote: »

Reus can play CM though on planet bangkok.

Reus can play CM though on planet bangkok.

I also think that if De Gea goes to Madrid we should break the bank to replace him with John Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Why would you have Cavani playing on the left side of a Midfield 3? If you were to buy Cavani you would be playing him up higher, Surely you mean either Mata's or Youngs place.

Edit: Dunno why i replied tbh as I just think you are bringing your Felliani bashing back into the thread again. It was the same after the Spurs game. you waited 3/4 days and then started again

astradave wrote: »
    Why would you have Cavani playing on the left side of a Midfield 3? If you were to buy Cavani you would be playing him up higher, Surely you mean either Mata's or Youngs place.

Because bangkok.
    bangkok wrote:

im not sure if you are serious or notconfused.png

I know the feeling man, know it well.

Cavani is a similar player to Falcao, no point in getting rid of Falcao to sign a similar player that there's no room for in the squad.

yes loads of times, he plays the majority of his games from the left, not his ideal position but that's where he plays for PSG

• Advertisement

yes loads of times, he plays the majority of his games from the left, not his ideal position but that's where he plays for PSG

Bangkok, Did you even watch the Spurs and Liverpool matches?

Bangkok, Did you even watch the Spurs and Liverpool matches?

yes why?

yes why?

So where did you think Felliani was playing?

So where did you think Felliani was playing?

v spurs he spent most of his time out left

v Liverpool more down the middle

And not where Fellaini plays for United, not once this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Khedira on a free in the summer ? Would be a great addition to the squad

• Advertisement

s8n wrote: »

Not sure where he'd fit in but if it avoids Liverpool, City or Arsenal getting him then yes.

v spurs he spent most of his time out left

v Liverpool more down the middle

in Midfield? Cause that sure as feck aint were Cavani plays.. Cavani wouldnt take Felliani's current position in the team, Felliani is currently playing the box to box role on the left hand side..

What did you make of Felliani's performance on Sunday?

Not sure where he'd fit in but if it avoids Liverpool, City or Arsenal getting him then yes.

Would love him in the squad but think he will be off to Wolfsburg or Shalke

Edit: Dunno why i replied tbh as I just think you are bringing your Felliani bashing back into the thread again. It was the same after the Spurs game. you waited 3/4 days and then started again

Bangkok did seem a bit scarce earlier this week alright. Can't remember who it was but some other poster asked him in the thread after the Liverpool match what did he make of Fellaini over the last couple of games, and the post got a few thanks including from myself who wanted to know what the excuse was now. To my recollection bangkok didn't address the question. Apologies bangkok if you did, it would have been one the rare posts I miss in here if I just didn't see it.

Now we're being asked the question, Fellaini for Iniesta. There is no world where that would actually happen, but of course the notion gets shat out in here in a veiled attempt to draw some form of "Yeah, I'd get rid of Fellaini if..." responses that will somehow in his mind justify his unusual, unwarranted dislike of the player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

stankratz wrote: »
    Bangkok did seem a bit scarce earlier this week alright. Can't remember who it was but some other poster asked him in the thread after the Liverpool match what did he make of Fellaini over the last couple of games, and the post got a few thanks including from myself who wanted to know what the excuse was now. To my recollection bangkok didn't address the question. Apologies bangkok if you did, it would have been one the rare posts I miss in here if I just didn't see it.

Now we're being asked the question, Fellaini for Iniesta. There is no world where that would actually happen, but of course the notion gets shat out in here in a veiled attempt to draw some form of "Yeah, I'd get rid of Fellaini if..." responses that will somehow in his mind justify his unusual, unwarranted dislike of the player.

Some people just don't like to be proven wrong tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Mars Bar wrote: »

Love it for 5 a side but can only wear it with the white facing out or its cut the nipples off me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

He's had loads of injuries that have slowed him down, he's terrible on the ball and is in his late twenties. I want us to stay a mile away from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Love it for 5 a side but can only wear it with the white facing out or its cut the nipples off me!

After all these years I thought I was alone...

https://instagram.com/p/0rPcjXxS2A/

Agent Rojo with Otamendi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

A propos of nothing, love this guy.

Apres1.jpg
    No, no, no. The man is a fool Bill. A fool. A gullible PR gimp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Falcao just scored Colombia 2nd goal against Bahrain and 3rd one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

secman wrote: »
    Falcao just scored Colombia 2nd goal against Bahrain and 3rd one too.

And the 3rd.

And assisted one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We have a habit of turning players to shít

Wouldn't be surprised if Falcao is one of the too goal scorers in Europe next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It's Bahrain, i'd be surprised if they are in the top 100 teams in the world.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement