Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's Bahrain, i'd be surprised if they are in the top 100 teams in the world.

Neither are Spurs U21's...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

We have a habit of turning players to shít

Wouldn't be surprised if Falcao is one of the too goal scorers in Europe next season

Really? Falcao is just after recovering from what was a potentially career ending injury. He may never be the same player again. Yes, the supply to him has been non-existent in some games but he's also messed up a ridiculous number of 1-on-1's for a £45million pound striker. Can't all be put down to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

thelad95 wrote: »
    Really? Falcao is just after recovering from what was a potentially career ending injury. He may never be the same player again. Yes, the supply to him has been non-existent in some games but he's also messed up a ridiculous number of 1-on-1's for a £45million pound striker. Can't all be put down to us.

Ridiculous number is hyperbolic to the max. He is a finisher, that's not something you lose because you've lost a yard of pace, which I'd be skeptical of too. When RVP and at times Rooney have misfired in similar circumstances this season and last season it's a problem with supply 100%. He has more assists for United than in his whole time in Spain. What does that tell you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    in Midfield? Cause that sure as feck aint were Cavani plays.. Cavani wouldnt take Felliani's current position in the team, Felliani is currently playing the box to box role on the left hand side..

What did you make of Felliani's performance on Sunday?

Against Liverpool? He was average, couple of good chest controls but apart from that was nothing special. Wasn't even in our top 5 performers that day, mata carrick, Herrera, smalling and blind all better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Just watched Falcaos goals for Colombia. Not bad. Doesnt look like hes lost a lot of pace in the short clips I just watched . Hope this doesnt turn out to be one of utds greatest regrets if/when we let him go.

dor843088 wrote: »
    Just watched Falcaos goals for Colombia. Not bad. Doesnt look like hes lost a lot of pace in the short clips I just watched . Hope this doesnt turn out to be one of utds greatest regrets if/when we let him go.

It's Forlan all over again, not getting the luck, fans still love him and a manager not getting the best out of him while the club is transitioning to a new style with a lot of experimentation and good few average players in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

I wouldnt really read much into a few goals vs Bahrain.
    I wish he'd got on earlier vs liverpool, for Rooney. We were cruising and he could have got a good confidence boost with a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

mcratsix wrote: »
    I wouldnt really read much into a few goals vs Bahrain.
    I wish he'd got on earlier vs liverpool, for Rooney. We were cruising and he could have got a good confidence boost with a goal.

We were cruising yet any time we had posession in the attacking 3rd Falcao came looking for the ball and it just ended up out wide with Valencia and Young and came to nothing. He couldn't do much when no one would give him the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I still maintain Falcao will come good for United. Whether he does it this season I don't know, but I would love him to be signed up during the summer.

Had he been brought on earlier during the Liverpool game I reckon he could've netted. This flowing style of football will suit him, especially with Mata the beloved in the team.

Mata makes everyone better. Fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Anyone read r/reddevils? everyone is absolutely obsessed with Lacazette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Love it for 5 a side but can only wear it with the white facing out or its cut the nipples off me!

Wear a bra. That's what I do! ;)

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Wear a bra. That's what I do! ;)

Ohhhhh Matron!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Danilo in the the Brazil side V France on ITV4 now. We've been linked with him recently.

Having a great season in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Danilo in the the Brazil side V France on ITV4 now. We've been linked with him recently.

Was a beast on FM14 for me.

I say that as if it means something. It doesn't.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Having a great season in fairness

He'd fit in nicely in Carrick's position alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Against Liverpool? He was average, couple of good chest controls but apart from that was nothing special. Wasn't even in our top 5 performers that day, mata carrick, Herrera, smalling and blind all better

Blind was Utds second worst player on the day behind Rooney IMO.

Your refusal to acknowledge Fellainis prefromance in any way really does undermine the credibility of your opinions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would adore us signing him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Since Fifa updated the matchday squads to the same team/formation as the one used vs Liverpool, Im on a big win streak with Man Utd :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You take that back right now!
    adox wrote: »
    Your refusal to acknowledge Fellainis prefromance in any way really does undermine the credibility of your opinions.

That's way down the list of things that undermine the credibility of his opinions :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

It means something to us FM fans!

Paulo Dybala scores for fun on my FM12 AFC Wimbledon team so I want United to sign him even though he isn't really what we need. He got banned for the Europa League final though, tragic end to the season for him.

And there's fúck all of that remaining as it is.

I said he played excellent v spurs and deserved his man of the match award, but against Liverpool, please, he was average. What did he do that you think he warrants so much praise?

Just did a quick search there for player ratings for Sunday and fellaini was given a 6, probably would have given him the same as well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11488523/Liverpool-vs-Manchester-United-player-ratings.html

I did a more in depth search and found 7 to be the most common rating.

I did a more in depth search and found 7 to be the most common rating.

7 wow above average, you would swear he did something amazing in the game, was very poor with the ball at his feet. If van gaal gets his targets come summer fellaini will find himself either on the bench or out the door

The most common rating for Mata was 8, so you can call it above average or slightly below the imperious one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Just did a quick search there for player ratings for Sunday and fellaini was given a 6, probably would have given him the same as well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11488523/Liverpool-vs-Manchester-United-player-ratings.html

Anyone that gives Gerrard as high a score as 2 for that "performance" shouldn't have their ratings taken seriously.

The most common rating for Mata was 8, so you can call it above average or slightly below the imperious one.

Just did a quick check there, 3 sites mata had a 9 on all 3, so don't really know what site your were looking at. Also if mata only got an 8 for his performance at anfield, there is no chance fellaini got a 7. Carrick had an 8 performance sure, mata was better than carrick and carrick was better than fellaini

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone that gives Gerrard as high a score as 2 for that "performance" shouldn't have their ratings taken seriously.

I'd personally think your score shouldn't be higher than the number of minutes you played :pac:

..didn't know anyone took ratings seriously..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im always a 9/10 myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He got a 4 in The Mirror.

I see marquinhos has signed a new contract at psg, 1 less player to link with us come summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

To be honest I would have given Gerrard a 10.

He made sure we won the game.

Harsh on Blind I think, he got done once but always seemed to be in a good position other than that. Young wasn't good again in a big game. Didn't even do the only thing he normally does well and beat players before his substandard crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

J. Marston wrote: »

Yeah seen that, same as Moeno and Lallana!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Isn't the Mirror full of ex-Liverpool players though. The only reason to buy that paper is to read the ramblings of King Kenny. The man consistently talks utter nonsense.

• Advertisement

The mirror is probably one of the worst papers around although it is breaking a story that Sturridge is out for a month so if true happy days for our bid for top 4 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Stupid thread made me buy FM15. I'm looking at you Mars Bar.

done.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In FM14 after about 6-7 seasons Thierry Henry was my Assistant as Irish Manager, Pep Guardiola was U19 manager and Jose was U21 manager and between us we had 0 qualifications.

Must...try....harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Sturridge out for a month possibly. Improves our chances for top 4 even more now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

In FM14 after about 6-7 seasons Thierry Henry was my Assistant as Irish Manager, Pep Guardiola was U19 manager and Jose was U21 manager and between us we had 0 qualifications.

Must...try....harder.

Jesus Kew i dont feel so bad about how 5h1t3 i've done at FM now
    Thank ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This absolute Prince.

Mod Edit: <Snip> PL games are copyrighted. Sorry lads :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

I seriously hope that Herrera is one of the first names on every team sheet from now on. He is already starting to show his class and he could become a hugely important player for us. Midlfield players of his technical ability, aggression, and passing quality are essential for the kind of possession based football LVG is looking to play.

Up until about a month ago I was getting worried LVG didn't fancy Herrera or Mata and that they might be shipped out in the Summer. Let's hope how we played against Spurs and Liverpool is a sign of whats to come from this team now. If it is, I have to say it makes me a little bit excited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

My thoughts exactly.

We were able to control higher end teams like Spurs and LFC playing that way, I can't wait to see them deployed against the lesser teams, hopefully the Villa game will be the first showing.

Exciting times indeed.

The best part of the Herrera video is that touch about 30 seconds in, or maybe it's the sheer devastation in the commentators voice when Mata buries it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Agreed hererra was a boss that day. Lets hope louis is done dicking around and sticks with this system and personnel. If it aint broke dont fix it Louis !

• Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    This absolute Prince.

Your Sig btw :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement