Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Falcao scored 2 for Columbia last night FYI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dor843088 wrote: »
    Agreed hererra was a boss that day. Lets hope louis is done dicking around and sticks with this system and personnel. If it aint broke dont fix it Louis !

Thats the worry alright - what happens to the current system when RVP comes back. Is he benched or does Rooney get put into Fellainis place (or even worse, Herreras)?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thats the worry alright - what happens to the current system when RVP comes back. Is he benched or does Rooney get put into Fellainis place (or even worse, Herreras)?

I think RVP is pretty much gone at this stage; I don't think LVG will want to tamper too much with a winning formula, at least with the starting 11. RVP might make a few sub appearances or such against smaller teams, but thats it I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Herrera has to keep his place imo. He was class with Bilbao and now he is starting to show the same form that made us sign him in the first place. He is also becoming one of my favourite players at the club. Touch, vision, eye for goal, hard in the tackle and looks like a sound chap off the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I think RVP is pretty much gone at this stage; I don't think LVG will want to tamper too much with a winning formula, at least with the starting 11. RVP might make a few sub appearances or such against smaller teams, but thats it I reckon.

I dread to think the anger in here if he came straight back into the team and replaced herrera or fellaini with rooney in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Based on the Liverpool game, I wouldn't mind him walking in to the team to replace Rooney. Replacing anyone else would be a disaster.

Seeing a lot of 'footballer picks his ultimate 5aside'things around at the moment.

What would be your ultimate United 5aside?

De Gea
    Ferdinand
    Keane
    Scholes
    Ronaldo

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Based on the Liverpool game, I wouldn't mind him walking in to the team to replace Rooney. Replacing anyone else would be a disaster.

Yeah, I thought Rooney was poor vs Liverpool but he was very good vs Spurs.

Yeah, I thought Rooney was poor vs Liverpool but he was very good vs Spurs.

In fairness the strikers in general havnt been great whoever played up there this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Seeing a lot of 'footballer picks his ultimate 5aside'things around at the moment.

De Gea
    Ferdinand
    Keane
    Scholes
    Ronaldo

Don't think anyone will better that.

• Advertisement

• MagicIRL wrote: »

Rooney up front provides more movement and pace than rvp

This is essential for mata / herrera

Don't think anyone will better that.

Depends on the balanace you go for, and player type.

Schmeichel
    Stam
    Robson---Giggs
    Rooney

Obviously a play like George Best would be great in a 5aside game too - but i'm going with players I have seen properly to some degree.

Phil Neville went with:

Schmeichel
    Gary Neville(!)
    Keane----Giggs
    Cantona.

For my side I went with De Gea cause he is awesome, good with the ball at his feet and has fantastic reactions. Schmeichel probably better 1vs1 and his size in a five aside goal would be intimidating.

Ferdinand - reads the game brilliantly, another player good with the ball at his feet.

Keane - an absolute warrior and leader. Would offer some steel in the side and, as Rooney has said, one of the best passers of the ball around (at the time). Crisp and intelligent use of the ball.

Scholes - just don't see how you couldn't have him in there. A perfect 5aside footballer.

Ronaldo. You need some acceleration in the side, you need a good finisher and you need a point man. ROnaldo the best pick I reckon. Can score every type of goal.

EDIT:

Using just the current squad:

De Gea
    Rojo
    --Herrera-Rooney-Mata

Depends on the balanace you go for, and player type.

Schmeichel
    Stam
    Robson---Giggs
    Rooney

Obviously a play like George Best would be great in a 5aside game too - but i'm going with players I have seen properly to some degree.

Phil Neville went with:

Schmeichel
    Gary Neville(!)
    Keane----Giggs
    Cantona.

Honestly I think your team would ruin either of those two. Ronaldo has to be in there because his talents will be even more pronounced with less players on the field and he's among the best players ever to play the game as it is. Giggs at his peak is someone I'd want in the team, but there isn't room for him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2013/may/29/robin-van-persie-freestyle-football-video

I know its only against kids, but RVP has some serious skills and would be the first name on my 5 a side team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

In both those goals he was running towards the goal. With us, he has to receive the ball with his back to the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Also it was against Bahrain tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

bangkok wrote: »
    Herrera has to keep his place imo. He was class with Bilbao and now he is starting to show the same form that made us sign him in the first place. He is also becoming one of my favourite players at the club. Touch, vision, eye for goal, hard in the tackle and looks like a sound chap off the pitch

Meh wildly overratted, tackling I mean what good is tackling to an attacking midfielder, Scholes and Giggs couldnt tackle and we saw how good them guys are we have no place at United for a tackling attacking Midfielder its not the united way

Meh wildly overratted, tackling I mean what good is tackling to an attacking midfielder, Scholes and Giggs couldnt tackle and we saw how good them guys are we have no place at United for a tackling attacking Midfielder its not the united way

Scholes was an attacking midfielder at united for how many years and he used to have one of the highest tackle rates in the league!

giggs was a brilliant tackler, had some of the best timed tackles ever seen at the club, they just weren't crunching tackles like a keane or a scholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Scholes was an attacking midfielder at united for how many years and he used to have one of the highest tackle rates in the league!

Yeh but he usually missed mate :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Schmeichel
    Rio
    Scholes Keane
    Ronaldo

Basically just different keeper

giggs was a brilliant tackler, had some of the best timed tackles ever seen at the club, they just weren't crunching tackles like a keane or a scholes.

Will ya come out of it, leave the tackling to the DMs like has always been the way at united sure look what happened Herrea tackled via liverpool and had to be taken off I think that one game example proves my point entirely, not the united way let him go in the summer get in someone who wont tackle.

The likes and Madrid and barcelona must be laughing at us our AM having to tackle

Will ya come out of it, leave the tackling to the DMs like has always been the way at united sure look what happened Herrea tackled via liverpool and had to be taken off I think that one game example proves my point entirely, not the united way let him go in the summer get in someone who wont tackle.

The likes and Madrid and barcelona must be laughing at us our AM having to tackle

Err, how many times have you seen Messi tracking back and tackling?

What do you expect Herrera to do ? Step to the side and say '' go ahead mate, i'm a AM'' ?

Surreal opinion you have on AM's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

J O'Shea

Bruce

Veron - McClair

Hughes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can you pass? Yes
    Great
    Can you score? Yes
    Great
    Are you good in the air? Yes
    Great
    Can you tackle? Yes
    Ah here, f*ck off, we don't want that sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Stupid thread made me buy FM15. I'm looking at you Mars Bar.

done.gif

Have a look over at the FM megathread and see what some of us are doing with United.

Lord TSC has a disgusting squad at the moment :D

De Gea
    Ferdinand
    Keane
    Scholes
    Ronaldo

I'd have to find somewhere for Berbatov and Mata in a five aside.

Sure your swopping keeper every goal, waste to have De Gea in there ;)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Rooney up front provides more movement and pace than rvp

This is essential for mata / herrera

Yup. I'd forgive Rooney for having an off day, but his general movement is much higher then RVP or Falcao, which provides the pockets for everyone else to utilize.

I'm hoping that consistent appearances up front will recapture the sort of blistering striker form he had a while back where he was absolutely devastating.

Really hope that Van Persie isn't given the nod and the team shuffled to accomodate him. Although don't see that happening as Van Gaal said before the Pool game, after a performance like Spurs how do you change the team?

On Van Persie, nice piece from Daniel Storey from F365 on him. United looking vastly superior without Van Persie, and appears to be on the wrong side of the hill of decline, but we should never forget his debut season that was as near perfect a striker can be

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9776960/F365-Focus

Stupid thread made me buy FM15. I'm looking at you Mars Bar.

done.gif

Hope you used Steam and got it on sale ;)

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Hope you used Steam and got it on sale ;)

Indeed I did. It was actually pretty weird - I haven't even thought about FM in about 2 years. Decided to buy it, opened up Steam and there was a banner "33% OFF!"

Well that's just good fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

5 a-side being all about ball retention an all that. I reckon smeichael would be a terrible choice in goal albeit he would prob fill out the entire frame of the little ones. Dont see a need for a centre half either. Just all ball players who had unreal first touches and or quick feet.

De Gea

Carrick

Scholesy Mata

Ronaldo

I'm shocked at the amount of posts arguing MythicalMadMan's post in a serious manner.

What is wrong with you people?

frink-777418.jpg

Schmiechel

Ferdinand

Ronaldo Scholes

Van Nistelroy

Dont need tackling Midfielders not the United 5 a side way :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Rio
    Scholes Mata
    Ronaldo Rooney

Last man back in goal :)

what are you on about sell Herrera because he tackles??!

van der sar

Rio

mata giggs

Ronaldo

could really make about 7 different teams

PL era using home grown players....

................Heaton
    ................O'Shea
    Beckham---Scholes--Giggs.

That three would offer enough of a goal threat, and Welbeck isn't good enough to kick any of them off the team.

Defence is hard. Could go with Rafael, Brown or Evans either.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have a look over at the FM megathread and see what some of us are doing with United.

Hehe. It's fun having Ronaldo, Messi, Pogba, DiMaria and Cavani tearing through teams :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hehe. It's fun having Ronaldo, Messi, Pogba, DiMaria and Cavani tearing through teams :D

pah...

De Gea
    Jones---Edwards(Regen)
    Rafael
    Shaw
    Pogba-Thiago
    Januzaj
    Di Maria
    Wilson-Falcao.

Falcao has scored near 300 goals in 5 seasons.
    Wilson is this seasons top scorer with near 50 in 30 or so games.

Monstering EVERYONE. Beat Dortmund 12-1 at OT in the CL one season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

TheDoc wrote: »

Where be this magical place. I bought it this year. First time in years to buy it, hard to get into it again. The missus absolutely hates the game with a passion as I used to spend so much time on it.

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Where be this magical place. I bought it this year. First time in years to buy it, hard to get into it again. The missus absolutely hates the game with a passion as I used to spend so much time on it.

Games > Sports Sims > Football and Championship Manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If it doesn't look like this then there is no point in starting a season...

453790-championship-manager-2-including-season-96-97-updates-dos.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I was confused what Thread I was in

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pah...

De Gea
    Jones---Edwards(Regen)
    Rafael
    Shaw
    Pogba-Thiago
    Januzaj
    Di Maria
    Wilson-Falcao.

Falcao has scored near 300 goals in 5 seasons.
    Wilson is this seasons top scorer with near 50 in 30 or so games.

Monstering EVERYONE. Beat Dortmund 12-1 at OT in the CL one season.

Options -> Add Manager -> Select Team (Dortmund) -> Reus in goals with a 0 -0 -10 formation. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

FM is way too easy IMO. Get through the first season and the AI isn't good enough. I found that it was either pay style or personnel to change that first a as on and the other the season after, then just sell people at 25-30 and buy 16-17 year olds. In 2024 on FM 14 and basically all conquering. Bar fa cup for first three/4 seasons for some reason. Classic mode. Mauro icardi went supernova output for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone notice Paul Scholes is very vocal since retiring.

I dont see a day go by without Paul in the newspapers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

There are few things as utterly irrelevant as the result of one of your matches on football manager, or the earth shattering news that you signed a player and he scored imaginary goals for your pretend football team. Nobody gives a toss, stop telling us this crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

There are few things as utterly irrelevant as the result of one of your matches on football manager, or the earth shattering news that you signed a player and he scored imaginary goals for your pretend football team. Nobody gives a toss, stop telling us this crap.

I'd say you're a barrel of laughs buckety.

I think somebody needs to play the Lighten the **** up Manager 2015.

Oh yes you do, oh yes you do!

• Advertisement

Lol, you could say that about everything

People who don't like football. ''There are few things as utterly irrelevant as the result of a football match played in a different country''

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement