Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I've no interest in football manager either. Never played it in my entire life, actually hate most sport related games bar golf, but I don't let it bother me if people want to talk about it here with people they are familiar with, I just skip past it.

Everybody is different, there was a big discussion on football shirts yesterday, old and new. I'm sure plenty of people didn't give a f*ck about that either. If everything was strictly about football this thread would be fairly sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

There are few things as utterly irrelevant as the result of one of your matches on football manager, or the earth shattering news that you signed a player and he scored imaginary goals for your pretend football team. Nobody gives a toss, stop telling us this crap.

Go on tell me how the PL affects your day to day life beyond your own perceptions. No direct impact beyond what you allow I'd say. Could class that as pretty irrelevant but most people here don't just go around bashing fellow players, each to their own (concept might seem alien to you)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Never graduated from CM 01/02. I find FM over complicated and a bit of a slog. CM is faster and much simpler. I had a 50 season save that took less than a month.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its Internationals Week. Not exactly much else to talk about.

Or should we go back to a 1000th discussion on Cleverly or Nani? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Go on tell me how the PL affects your day to day life beyond your own perceptions. No direct impact beyond what you allow I'd say. Could class that as pretty irrelevant but most people here don't just go around bashing fellow players, each to their own (concept might seem alien to you)

In fairness - its not like he has come on to the Football Manager thread and said this.

We are talking about a computer game in the United thread - even though it is football manager, it is a computer game and is as relevant to Manchester United as talking about whether you managed to catch 'em all in Pokemon.

Still reckon the comment was more than a bit rude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

whether you managed to catch 'em all in Pokemon.

Did you? I never really got that close :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Last proper football game was FIFA98.

Bit of Song2 by Blur, class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Or should we go back to a 1000th discussion on Cleverly or Nani? :rolleyes:

I picked Tom Cleverley at wing back and he has scored 42 goals and I won the FM McPremier trophy, somehow this clearly means LVG should bring him back in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

:rolleyes:

I picked Tom Cleverley at wing back and he has scored 42 goals and I won the FM McPremier trophy, somehow this clearly means LVG should bring him back in real life.

Did anyone use their experience of football manager to back up a point made about LVG or the united squad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I call shenanigans, Cleverley is an unconvincing WB at best.

Have a snickers

Did you? I never really got that close :(

No.... only ever actually played Red, never had anyone to swap with to get the exclusive ones from Blue. I did get Mewtwo though.

No.... only ever actually played Red, never had anyone to swap with to get the exclusive ones from Blue. I did get Mewtwo though.

This tugged on the heart strings a little. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Triangles really are underrated

This tugged on the heart strings a little. :(

liiyke dizz fi yu creidd xoxo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

There are few things as utterly irrelevant as the result of one of your matches on football manager, or the earth shattering news that you signed a player and he scored imaginary goals for your pretend football team. Nobody gives a toss, stop telling us this crap.

I'd say it's more relevant then dozens of fans discussing how a football club should be run, with no experience of running a football club.

Or commenting on players and squads, without any experience of managing a top flight team or playing at an elite level

Or putting together and sharing your idea of what the team should look like, or what our transfer business should be, or what formation we should play, or what style we should utilise, without having any experience of football at an elite level.

Or maybe it is relevant, because its a discussion forum, that's based upon fans having interactions, debates and discussions with each other.

I don't particularly like when the thread descends into preferred starting XI's ahead of a weekend tie, or speculative formations based on theoretical summer transfers. But I engage when it does peak my interest, or I otherwise just let it run and don't feel the need to get involved.

As much as it's about Manchester United and all that entails, a thread like this forms a community where people chat and debate on a daily basis, I think it's ok for it to drift somewhat off topic at times(and not like there is a league game this weekend)

I'll remember it though for the next time you make a post and I'll assume how because I'm not interested, "nobody" else is either, and I'll knock you for it.

Did you use all 6 Pokémon using push on the truck beside the ss Anne to get new!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

DIE HARD 3 IS THE WORST ONE

IvySlayer wrote: »
    DIE HARD 3 IS THE WORST ONE

"Theres a fourth?.... No judging my dislike of Die Hard".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Last proper football game was FIFA98.

Bit of Song2 by Blur, class!

France 98 was my favourite.

It was ridiculously easy to injure your opponent so myself and my brother spent many hours battering eachothers teams to the point where the only uninjured players left were the 2 keepers.

Great fun.

Also the last time I ever bought a soccer game that wasn't FM or CM.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Or maybe it is relevant, because its a discussion forum, that's based upon fans having interactions, debates and discussions with each other.

Its a discussion thread about Manchester United. When its a discussion forum about computer games maybe then it would be relevant.

And you can knock my posts as often as you wish, it wouldn't really concern me much.

Its a discussion thread about Manchester United.

Anyone know how good the Manchester United players are in FM? :pac:

Anyone know how good the Manchester United players are in FM? :pac:

Tom Cleverley is excellent in it.

Its a discussion thread about Manchester United. When its a discussion forum about computer games maybe then it would be relevant.

And you can knock my posts as often as you wish, it wouldn't really concern me much.

Isn't FM used as a scouting tool these day? It is as good a predictor of future delevopment of players that you'll find easy access to and it has a huge database.

Who hurt you buckety?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Triangles really are underrated

Triangles are my favourite shape

Isn't FM used as a scouting tool these day? It is as good a predictor of future delevopment of players that you'll find easy access to and it has a huge database.

They partnered with ProZone a while back to improve their database - and I know Everton paid for access to their main player DB a few years ago too.

They partnered with ProZone a while back to improve their database - and I know Everton paid for access to their main player DB a few years ago too.

If you think about it - even if their player / potential evaluations are completely worthless, having a DB of that many professional players, their current clubs, playing positions, age, height, nationality, approximate contract length and salary, etc. has got to be useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

They make for a savage choke, too.

UFC-135-Jones-Jackson-gif-4-flying-triangle.gif

MagicIRL wrote: »

I remember tapping someone out with a reverse triangle choke a while back - was complete fluke as I had no idea such a move was possible, but my legs were the only limbs I had available at the time.

The guy I did it to wasnt happy as it was his favourite move and he knew I was a complete newb so was fairly certain it had to be fluke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I remember tapping someone out with a reverse triangle choke a while back - was complete fluke as I had no idea such a move was possible, but my legs were the only limbs I had available at the time.

The guy I did it to wasnt happy as it was his favourite move and he knew I was a complete newb so was fairly certain it had to be fluke!

2u7ao03.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

And our Player of the Month is…
    ♪ ♫ It’s you Juan Juan Juan, it’s you Juan Juan! ♬

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

MagicIRL wrote: »

Jones was lucky it was the end of the round. Rampage was just winding up for:
    xxeVh.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Pro. F wrote: »
    Jones was lucky it was the end of the round. Rampage was just winding up for:
    xxeVh.gif

Wouldn't take McGregor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Three points where two lines meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

France 98 was my favourite.

It was ridiculously easy to injure your opponent so myself and my brother spent many hours battering eachothers teams to the point where the only uninjured players left were the 2 keepers.

Ha ha ha, me and my friends used to do the same! Especially with the indoor soccer mode. It was the first and last FIFA game for a while to have indoor soccer IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

?

UFC, fantasy football, sure ye might as well throw in a few Kate Upton gifs now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    UFC, fantasy football, sure ye might as well throw in a few Kate Upton gifs now

Your wish is my command :pac:

Kate_Upton_Cat_Dance.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mata and Kate would be a perfect couple.

Mata, Kate and I would be a perfect triple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Mata and Rachel Riley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rachel Riley is massively overrated. Don't know why people make such a fuss over her.

Queue a gif of her looking average and yet thanked by half the forum...

Kirby wrote: »
    Rachel Riley is massively overrated. Don't know why people make such a fuss over her.

f66.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Introducing Juan and Kate, or Mate if you prefer :D

7aBEsa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

989.jpg

Yeah...in her fúckin dreams! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtbufkNsxMg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

She's the classic girl next door type that a lot of people go for. People like different things.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement