Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

RichFTW wrote: »
    Ha ha ha, me and my friends used to do the same! Especially with the indoor soccer mode. It was the first and last FIFA game for a while to have indoor soccer IIRC.

Wasn't first. 97 was the first AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Ye're all a bunch of feckers. I want to play FM so bad now. And Pokemon Red. And watch the second best Die Hard - Number 3. And take up UFC and make millions of dollars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Keno wrote: »
    Ye're all a bunch of feckers. I want to play FM so bad now. And Pokemon Red. And watch the second best Die Hard - Number 3. And take up UFC and make millions of dollars.

You forgot about Rachel Riley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lads stop posting pictures of yourselves. I think we'd all prefer to look at Kate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

You forgot about Rachel Riley.

If I needed help with a maths problem, I'd giver her a bell. For everything else, there's Scarlett Johansson.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right lads, back on track....

For what its worth, I don't think discussion with regards United teams and FM is massively off-topic, especially when there's absolutely nothing else to talk about. But UFC, Kate Upton & Rachel Riley, with zero attempt to tie it back in with United....yeah....let's move on.

(and as usual, don't respond to this message publicly. Any more issues about stuff being off-topic, report it or contact a mod.

Right lads, Fellaini, Nani, Young, Valencia, Cleverley... Go!

Actually though - Januzaj. Nobody talks about him lately. Does he need to go on loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Wasn't first. 97 was the first AFAIK.

You could be right, it was a long time ago so I'm not 100% sure. Just remember how fun it was.

As for people saying Rachel Riley is overrated, are you for real! Smart, beautiful and a United fan. Doesn't get much better, for me anyway.

Edit: Just saw the mod warning. Nani is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

astradave wrote: »
    Introducing Juan and Kate, or Mate if you prefer :D

7aBEsa.jpg

Their kid would score ten goals against Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

All this talk of FM made me fire it up and have a look at my United save.

All three of my goalkeepers are injured (De Gea, Amos, Savic), three of my four CBs (Benatia, Balanta, Smalling), my LB (Shaw), my main number 10 (Januzaj) and my main striker (Rooney). Just sent Tielemans & Zaha on loan, and they got injured at their new clubs straight away. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Actually though - Januzaj. Nobody talks about him lately. Does he need to go on loan?

i think so you can see talent there but hes not going to start at united and he needs game time to develop.

im not nanis biggest fan but they made a mistake in loaning nani and not januzaj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

He was dropped from the most recent Belgium squad which is no surprise.

In other Belgium news they are only going to field 10 players and play Fellaini in two positions in line with Fifa Fair Play rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He was dropped from the most recent Belgium squad which is no surprise.

In other Belgium news they are only going to field 10 players and play Fellaini in two positions in line with Fifa Fair Play rules

And one of the positions is LW :pac:

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its Internationals Week. Not exactly much else to talk about.

Or should we go back to a 1000th discussion on Cleverly or Nani? :rolleyes:

Please god no :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nani>Cleverley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Cleverley > Vidal

PgeF0t5.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reports going round that De Gea "Is happy and in no rush to return to Spain" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Reports going round that De Gea "Is happy and in no rush to return to Spain" :D

Are they any more credible than the reports that are saying he will be at Madrid next season?

Surely if madrid wanted De Gea the news paper they own would be trying to unsettle him. so he must be 100% staying....

or 100% gone in the summer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Kirby wrote: »
    Rachel Riley is massively overrated. Don't know why people make such a fuss over her.

Queue a gif of her looking average and yet thanked by half the forum...

acyNzlNt.gif

a hot woman, that loves football....of course she is going to be highly rated.

she stood beside us at a game in the past and she is absolutely smashing...and on top of that, she looks like she is the soundest, down to earth girl around...

and oh ya, she has a massive rack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Claims Jorge Mendes is in Manchester in talks with United.

Read in the telegraph that United will look to spend £100 million on Pogba, Hummels and Alves on a free.
    Claims United will offer £80 million for Ronaldo.

Had to edit...to include 'look to'.

Talk of De Gea being offered £200k a week, how one would know is questionable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont want Ronaldo back and especially for that mad money being mentioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

RobertKK wrote: »
    Claims Jorge Mendes is in Manchester in talks with United.

Read in the telegraph that United will look to spend £100 million on Pogba, Hummels and Alves on a free.
    Claims United will offer £80 million for Ronaldo.

Had to edit...to include 'look to'.

Wouldn't want Alves at all. Clyne is a much better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Who would rather bale than Ronaldo? I'm purely looking at the ages no doubt Ronaldo is the better player but 80 million for a player his age is nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Rooney goal

• Who would rather bale than Ronaldo? I'm purely looking at the ages no doubt Ronaldo is the better player but 80 million for a player his age is nuts

Still love to see him back but never for that amount

Who would rather bale than Ronaldo? I'm purely looking at the ages no doubt Ronaldo is the better player but 80 million for a player his age is nuts

A lot of reports that Bale wants to stay and prove his doubters wrong, and Perez wants his signing to stay.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

What would be a reasonable fee for him £50 million?

As the current Ballon dor winner for two years in a row. Ronaldo will cost too dollar, if he is sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Ah I agree would be fantastic to see him come home but it's gonna cost an arm and a leg for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Ah I agree would be fantastic to see him come home but it's gonna cost an arm and a leg for him

It's not your money so should you care? 80m for Ronaldo is a snip. Utd paid 60 for Di Maria. If Ronaldo has 3 successful seasons 80 would prove cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He'd sell a ton of shirts in Asia too. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Look at Ronaldo tho he has the fitness to continue for another five or six years at very top. 80 mil for him would be cheap when you consider what he would bring to club in revenue they would easily make it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Since we're entering silly season, what jersey number would Ronaldo take?

thelad95 wrote: »
    Since we're entering silly season, what jersey number would Ronaldo take?

ADM is good mates with Ronnie he would happily give up his number 7 id bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

7, give di maria 11 put januzaj out on loan

Would rather Bale myself. The age difference is one factor plus I didn't like the way Ronaldo acted like a spoilt child his last year at United.

Would rather Bale myself. The age difference is one factor plus I didn't like the way Ronaldo acted like a spoilt child his last year at United.

Couldn't disagree more with you, Ronaldo wanted to go to Madrid when he wasn't allowed he put his head down and had one of his best seasons for united some of the goals he scored in the champs league were brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Ronaldo all day long, imagine the buzz around old Trafford every home game having the best player in the world in the team. Guaranteed 30 goals a season as well

jayo26 wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more with you, Ronaldo wanted to go to Madrid when he wasn't allowed he put his head down and had one of his best seasons for united some of the goals he scored in the champs league were brilliant.

Loved him as a player and felt he gave it his all the majority of the time but publicly saying you want to move to Madrid is not putting your head down. He was trying to engineer a move and got upset when United wouldn't let him move. He was biding his time more so than putting the head down and I've no doubt we would have ended up with a Suarez like situation had he not been allowed move after the champions league final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Headshot wrote: »
    I dont want Ronaldo back and especially for that mad money being mentioned

Good news, it isn't and will never happen. Although it will be talked about at length until the end of his career, which will likely be at Madrid.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Good news, it isn't and will never happen. Although it will be talked about at length until the end of his career, which will likely be at Madrid.

Thanks mystic meg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

bangkok wrote: »
    Ronaldo all day long, imagine the buzz around old Trafford every home game having the best player in the world in the team. Guaranteed 30 goals a season as well

Just imagine the linkup play with Fellaini!

BMsuVgN.gif

acyNzlNt.gif

a hot woman, that loves football....of course she is going to be highly rated.

Manky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I would eat Rachel Riley's post Guinness ****e!

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Just imagine the linkup play with Fellaini!

BMsuVgN.gif

He wouldn't be in the team if we had ronnie

Manky.

1415185352586_wps_12_Television_presenter_Rach.jpg

Liar she is amazing

And mods I have not gone off topic, there is a Manchester united crest in the background so it relates to the club ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Loved him as a player and felt he gave it his all the majority of the time but publicly saying you want to move to Madrid is not putting your head down. He was trying to engineer a move and got upset when United wouldn't let him move. He was biding his time more so than putting the head down and I've no doubt we would have ended up with a Suarez like situation had he not been allowed move after the champions league final.

Wasn't it the year before he left that he asked for a move, and Fergie asked him to stay one more year to which he agreed and had a monster season.

I had and have no issue with that, he made no bones about wanting to move and didn't pull any crap.

bangkok wrote: »
    He wouldn't be in the team if we had ronnie

Ronnie wont be playing in the 8.5-10.5 position :pac:

Plus Ronnie and Fellaini coul play head tennis all the way up the pitch then a lobbed headed through ball from Fellaini. It looks like its going to ge through to Mata.

Bicycleeeeeee. OOOOO off the post but heres Ronaldo with the follow up.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Edit: This aul internet is one messed up place first time ive written the name Ronaldo in years and Ive two Videos recomended of him on youtube.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement