Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

No more beer for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    He wouldn't be in the team if we had ronnie

Why? Is Ronaldo going to play on the left side of a midfield 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

RichFTW wrote: »
    Would rather Bale myself. The age difference is one factor plus I didn't like the way Ronaldo acted like a spoilt child his last year at United.

Just so you're aware, you're 110% unequivocally entirely and absolutely wrong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Wasn't it the year before he left that he asked for a move, and Fergie asked him to stay one more year to which he agreed and had a monster season.

I had and have no issue with that, he made no bones about wanting to move and didn't pull any crap.

Publicly asking for a move while under contract is pulling crap in my view. He could have kept his desire for a move in house instead of using the media to engineer a move. It was a fairly recent 5 year deal unless I'm mixing up dates he signed as well.
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    Just so you're aware, you're 110% unequivocally entirely and absolutely wrong here.

Good to know! Stuff like agreeing that his situation was similar to a slave formed part of my opinion.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jul/11/manchesterunited.premierleague1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

He wouldn't be in the team if we had ronnie
    He wouldn't be in the team if we had Di Maria..
    He wouldn't be in the team if we had Falcao..
    He wouldn't be in the team if we had Mata..
    He wouldn't be in the team if we had Van Persie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Hococop wrote: »
    Liar she is amazing

And mods I have not gone off topic, there is a Manchester united crest in the background so it relates to the club ;)

Eugh how can you look at that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Ronaldo all day long, imagine the buzz around old Trafford every home game having the best player in the world in the team. Guaranteed 30 goals a season as well

You guys are gonna sign Messi?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pyjamarama wrote: »

No

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Sure why not? There's been plenty of links...

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sure why not? There's been plenty of links...

Your kidding....Barca let him go?

When's his contract up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Eugh how can you look at that?

Jesus Christ
    She is hardly an eye sore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Wasn't it the year before he left that he asked for a move, and Fergie asked him to stay one more year to which he agreed and had a monster season.

I had and have no issue with that, he made no bones about wanting to move and didn't pull any crap.

Exactly mate that's what happened he had 30 goals or something that year I though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Daily Mail says contract negotiations have not yet opened with Chris Smalling and Phil Jones who have one year left on their contract.
    United they say are believed to be relaxed about the situation.

However they are still looking at Austrian defender Dragovic while Hummels remains top defensive target.

Pepe Reina had this to say about De Gea ""He is one of the top goalkeepers in Europe and this year he has been superb. "Maybe Real Madrid are looking for a goalkeeper and De Gea is one of the names suggested, but I think he should be happy enough to play for United."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RobertKK wrote: »
    Daily Mail says contract negotiations have not yet opened with Chris Smalling and Phil Jones who have one year left on their contract.
    United they say are believed to be relaxed about the situation.

However they are still looking at Austrian defender Dragovic while Hummels remains top defensive target.

Pepe Reina had this to say about De Gea ""He is one of the top goalkeepers in Europe and this year he has been superb. "Maybe Real Madrid are looking for a goalkeeper and De Gea is one of the names suggested, but I think he should be happy enough to play for United."

Even if we had other plans for defence i don't see them leaving contracts to run down as both of them are still worth enough to get a decent return of money, as much as we complain about them both are current England internationals so are worth a decent amount of money.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Even if we had other plans for defence i don't see them leaving contracts to run down as both of them are still worth enough to get a decent return of money, as much as we complain about them both are current England internationals so are worth a decent amount of money.

United probably know both are desperate to stay and feel no pressure to rush things, until they see if they are in the CL or not.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Jesus Christ
    She is hardly an eye sore

I was being sarcastic. She's a majorly attractive woman. And a United fan. And into maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    Why? Is Ronaldo going to play on the left side of a midfield 3?

no di maria will be, ronaldo ahead of that, fellaini on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Apart from the whole slave thing...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/ronaldo-i-am-a-slave-864958.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Haha Ronaldo won't be signing for United. Dream on lads.

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

hefferboi wrote: »

Lol

But it's his home.... :(

Jorge Mendes may want a cash injection...

But it's his home.... :(

His home is in disarray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

His home is in disarray.

Ah no, it's on the mend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

His home is in disarray.

Well if sat on top of your perch is disarray, then yes it is.

Well if sat on top of your perch is disarray, then yes it is.

Is 4th the top of the perch now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

We need to stamp out this petty bickering lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Who mentioned fourth ?

Why feed them?

Why feed them?
    its a cry for help.poor bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lol

Which one is your favourite Skylanders figure? If you're really good I might buy you one for your birthday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lol

It must have been hard watching Fellaini destroy Henderson the other day but there's no need for the bitterness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Another rumoured shirt design, I really like this one.

CBMQMciVAAAlUit.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Am I the only one that wouldn't want Ronaldo back? You can't play controlled possession team football with him in the team.

I think Bale would be a much better signing for several reasons.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that wouldn't want Ronaldo back? You can't play controlled possession team football with him in the team.

Why not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

That's a contradictory statement. Bale is very very poor man's Ronaldo, how can team play controlled possession game with Bale if they can't win Ronaldo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    That's a contradictory statement. Bale is very very poor man's Ronaldo, how can team play controlled possession game with Bale if they can't win Ronaldo?

I think Bale passes the ball more and isn't a narcissist like Ronaldo. Plus he's younger, british and would probably cost less due to his current issues with Madrid.

Don't think Florentino Perez would sell Bale as it would look bad for him and his record signing, while Ronaldo is 30 and the price they get could be justified.
    Both probably stay, but who knows.

I think Bale passes the ball more and isn't a narcissist like Ronaldo. Plus he's younger, british and would probably cost less due to his current issues with Madrid.

Ronaldo is a superior player to Bale in every way.Only advantage for Bale is he is younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

RichFTW wrote: »
    Publicly asking for a move while under contract is pulling crap in my view. He could have kept his desire for a move in house instead of using the media to engineer a move. It was a fairly recent 5 year deal unless I'm mixing up dates he signed as well.

Good to know! Stuff like agreeing that his situation was similar to a slave formed part of my opinion.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jul/11/manchesterunited.premierleague1

Sepp blatter said there was too much slavery in modern football and that united should let Ronaldo move. Ronaldo said he agreed with blatter. More than likely to the 'move' part. But I suspect you know this. Even if Ronaldo came ou and said he was a slave, once. That's infintely better behaviour Tha dozens of our players past and present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sepp blatter said there was too much slavery in modern football and that united should let Ronaldo move. Ronaldo said he agreed with blatter. More than likely to the 'move' part. But I suspect you know this. Even if Ronaldo came ou and said he was a slave, once. That's infintely better behaviour Tha dozens of our players past and present.

Yeah, his behaviour the second last season was terrible. He was grand the last season though. Had me convinced he was going to stay another season.

The fact that people would even consider bale over Ronaldo, unless bales fee was in the region of 1/5th ronaldos, is actually laughable. Ronaldo is the balon d'or holder who's arguably been the best player in the world for two years running. Bale was the second best player in the PL when Real bought him and hasn't progressed an insane amount since then.

The fact that people would even consider bale over Ronaldo, unless bales fee was in the region of 1/5th ronaldos, is actually laughable. Ronaldo is the balon d'or holder who's arguably been the best player in the world for two years running. Bale was the second best player in the PL when Real bought him and hasn't progressed an insane amount since then.

Agreed. I wouldn't say no to Bale if his fee wouldn't interfere with other transfers. But if it's him or Ronaldo, it's not even a contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Laughable? Hardly. I'd have serious question marks over Ronaldos attitude, as much as people want to deny it, he did act like a prat in his final season at united and he's hardly mother Teresa over in Madrid either. Ronaldo only cares about himself, his celebration in the CL final was "laughable". Bale is 5 years younger aswell. All depends on the price though like you said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If I could be guaranteed zero business between Manchester United and Real Madrid this summer I'd take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I have no issues with Ronaldo's attitude or ability to fit into the team. I would have Bale over him though. Ronaldo is clearly the better player, he's one of the best to ever play the game. But age can be weird and at Ronaldo's age, a notable decline can happen over the summer break. He takes care of himself do may go well into his 30s, but his style may not suit that. If we signed Ronaldo we'd get minimum 2 years out of him, max 4. If we signed Bale we'd get minimum 7, max 9 provided he doesn't move on in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

You suspect wrong. He agreed with the whole statement. If he wanted to distance himself from the slave comment, he easily could have said so in his reply.

Fergie had the right idea getting rid of ego players who thought they were above the club when you look at what is happening with Real at the moment. I for one don't want a circus of a club like Real which is another reason why I would prefer Bale over Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a better player at the moment but the difference in quality is far from making it a laughable transfer to choose Bale over Ronaldo.

Also Bale has a goal and assist here in the Wales match without the drama if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lol
    His home is in disarray.

Yes, that's right. Feed us your juicy bitterness.

If United are in disarray, what would you call the predicament of a club that hasn't won a league title for 25 years, and currently look like missing out on Champions League for the 4th time in 5 seasons?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement