Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I have no issues with Ronaldo's attitude or ability to fit into the team. I would have Bale over him though. Ronaldo is clearly the better player, he's one of the best to ever play the game. But age can be weird and at Ronaldo's age, a notable decline can happen over the summer break. He takes care of himself do may go well into his 30s, but his style may not suit that. If we signed Ronaldo we'd get minimum 2 years out of him, max 4. If we signed Bale we'd get minimum 7, max 9 provided he doesn't move on in the meantime.

Solution to that is to sign Ronaldo now and Bale in three years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

yabadabado wrote: »
    Ronaldo is a superior player to Bale in every way.Only advantage for Bale is he is younger.

Not every way. That's hyperbole. Bale is quicker. He's also a better tackler. And as you mentioned he's younger. He's also left footed which is helpful when over 80% of most squads are right footed.

I'd take Ronaldo over bale as well, but exaggerating like that is silly. There is no need for it. Bale does offer advantages over Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is the Dutch game on TV tonight? I imagine Blind and Depay will play, and maybe RVP?

Sky sports 5 for the dutch game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Kirby wrote: »
    Not every way. That's hyperbole. Bale is quicker. He's also a better tackler. And as you mentioned he's younger. He's also left footed which is helpful when over 80% of most squads are right footed.

I'd take Ronaldo over bale as well, but exaggerating like that is silly. There is no need for it. Bale does offer advantages over Ronaldo.

Jesus. Do you just trawl this forum looking for things to "correct" people on?
    "Better in every way" is a turn of phrase, there's no need to be so anal and literal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Who do you support anyway?

Who do you support anyway?

I'll be supporting the Dutch.
    "Better in every way" is a turn of phrase, there's no need to be so anal and literal.

If its not accurate, whats the point in saying it? Talking bollox and then claiming its a "turn of phrase" when you realise its nonsense, is a fairly weak defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Whos that guy ,its Marouane Fellaini 1-0 Belgium

I'll be supporting the Dutch.

What club(s) do you support?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thank funk for that,the Dubs game on Setanta was putting me to sleep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

bale quicker than ronaldo is questionable.... better tackler? also questionable, ya rarely see bale tackle. ronaldo is both footed, ya rarely see bale score with his right. ronaldo probably one of the best headers of a ball in world football and one of the best players of all time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Is Bale quicker?If he is its not by much.

Ronaldo doesn't tackle much so I will give you that one.

Left footer is helpful but not exactly what you would call a advantage.What percentage of United squad is right footed?

You have picked out 4 things and only one of those is a cert (age).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You know LVG did a wonderful job with this Dutch team.

Yilmaz just gave the Turks the lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I really hate that word hyperbole I've never seen it used as much in any other forums only soccer forums on boards.

I don't think anyone would disagree that Ronaldo is better then bale you cant argue that and id love to see him back at the club but that don't say that bale ain't good he is one of the best players in the world no doubts about it all that is wrong with him this year is he had an injury and then the papers started talking about him been selfish which has made him doubt himself I think I seen a stat somewhere that,he hasn't taken near as many shots on goal since that article was wrote. Id love him at united too ha I'm been greedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

persistent rumours about about a move for Sterling over in a Stretford End FB page.

hopefully only a rumour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

persistent rumours about about a move for Sterling over in a Stretford End FB page.

hopefully only a rumour

they were talking about a £50m move to city last week...the player aint worth half that.

we wont be going anywhere near him, his performances against us this season should be enough to tell us that he is not good enough to be a first 11 player in a top class team.

they were talking about a £50m move to city last week...the player aint worth half that.

we wont be going anywhere near him, his performances against us this season should be enough to tell us that he is not good enough to be a first 11 player in a top class team.

The lad is only 20 and was played all over the pitch against us one game tells you nothing in football if your being honest not saying we should buy him although the meltdown if we did would be epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'd love to see Bale at Utd, really hope it happens but not very confident.

Quick question on getting autographs after a game at OT, is it bedlam waiting for them and where is the spot they come out?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

dahat wrote: »
    I'd love to see Bale at Utd, really hope it happens but not very confident.

Quick question on getting autographs after a game at OT, is it bedlam waiting for them and where is the spot they come out?

Go down to Carrington on training days!! You get to meet them at the entrance with very few people around.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Go down to Carrington on training days!! You get to meet them at the entrance with very few people around.

Will only be over Friday till Sunday, won't have time to go there.

Fellaini on a hattrick!!!!

Both Goals with his left foot... He's been taken off too... Dont want him looking good good in case Madrid come calling in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

He's been subbed off,

Falcao with 2
    Rooney with 1
    Fellaini with 2

#MUFCTakeOver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

He's been subbed off,

Falcao with 2
    Rooney with 1
    Fellaini with 2

#MUFCTakeOver

welbeck motm :o

bangkok wrote: »
    welbeck motm :o

Always have to put a downer on it haha,

That was some finish from the young Belgian lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Can't see us going for Sterling at the prices quoted. He's a very talented player but I think he's suffering from the usual young english player hype. Honestly, I think he'd be best staying at Liverpool for his own sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I would much prefer Bale over Ronaldo unless we can get Ronaldo for about half of what he would probably cost us.

I would much prefer Bale over Ronaldo unless we can get Ronaldo for about half of what he would probably cost us.

either of them going to OT, would probably see DeGea going the other way though
    :(

KH25 wrote: »
    Can't see us going for Sterling at the prices quoted. He's a very talented player but I think he's suffering from the usual young english player hype. Honestly, I think he'd be best staying at Liverpool for his own sake.

Sterling is suffering from his own hype that's what the problem is im no liverpool fan but the chap should be a bit more respectful by the sounds of it they have tried offering him a reasonable contract for a player of his age if the talk of him wanting over 150k a week is threw he is not worth near that he hasn't achieved anything in football he is fast but he is not consistently playing top football yet,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sterling is suffering from his own hype that's what the problem is im no liverpool fan but the chap should be a bit more respectful by the sounds of it they have tried offering him a reasonable contract for a player of his age if the talk of him wanting over 150k a week is threw he is not worth near that he hasn't achieved anything in football he is fast but he is not consistently playing top football yet,

I take the 150k talk as simply him trying to get away tbh; that he knows it's unreasonable so gives him the excuse to move. He will, whoever he ends up with, be on less than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

hopefully only a rumour

Hopefully, i couldn't stand seeing anyone who has played for them playing for us, the hatred runs deep in this one

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I take the 150k talk as simply him trying to get away tbh; that he knows it's unreasonable so gives him the excuse to move. He will, whoever he ends up with, be on less than that.

Ok fair enough but don't you think that he is stil jumping ahead of himself for someone of his age and ability to be holding his club to ransom? He had a great season last season but he has not been anywhere near as good this year he should be getting his head down and learning his game where he is.
    Maybe I'm wrong but he is at a decent club he has time on his side and he is getting games. If he went somewhere like city he would end up like Sinclair and the likes.

"No, thank you" to Sterling. Hopefully it's just one of the thousand baseless links which will be conjured up by writers to fill column inches between now and the end of Summer, and nothing more.

stankratz wrote: »
    "No, thank you" to Sterling. Hopefully it's just one of the thousand baseless links which will be conjured up by writers to fill column inches between now and the end of Summer, and nothing more.

Wouldn't worry about it Liverpool wouldn't sell us a "virus" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Wouldn't touch Sterling for more than 20 million, he's been pants this season without Suarez and no guarantee he'll get the end product consistent (another Welbeck we don't need)

Likewise I'd leave Kane at Spurs another season to see if he can replicate his form this year if we are interested

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hopefully, i couldn't stand seeing anyone who has played for them playing for us, the hatred runs deep in this one

article-2255855-16B8A58F000005DC-781_634x441.jpg

can be worth it though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ok fair enough but don't you think that he is stil jumping ahead of himself for someone of his age and ability to be holding his club to ransom? He had a great season last season but he has not been anywhere near as good this year he should be getting his head down and learning his game where he is.
    Maybe I'm wrong but he is at a decent club he has time on his side and he is getting games. If he went somewhere like city he would end up like Sinclair and the likes.

It's all relative I guess. Shaw was meant to be on a fair chunk and he isn't as big a player for us as Sterling is for Liverpool. And given the premium on English players, they know they can probably try for larger amounts.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It's all relative I guess. Shaw was meant to be on a fair chunk and he isn't as big a player for us as Sterling is for Liverpool. And given the premium on English players, they know they can probably try for larger amounts.

I would use Shaw as an example too he should of stayed at Southampton too for another couple of years I don't think he has done bad for us when he has played but he was consistently played in Southampton and had to of been more relaxed in his surroundings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Sterling joining United would see him go from one of the best players in the league to being the worst within about 5 seconds of the signing being announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Laughable? Hardly. I'd have serious question marks over Ronaldos attitude, as much as people want to deny it, he did act like a prat in his final season at united and he's hardly mother Teresa over in Madrid either. Ronaldo only cares about himself, his celebration in the CL final was "laughable". Bale is 5 years younger aswell. All depends on the price though like you said

Yeah Ronaldo's attitude is awful alright. Lets ignore the fact that basically anyone who has worked with or played with the man have spoken about how much of a consummate professional he is and how serious he takes his work. Lets ignore how well he generally seems to get on with his teammates, his managers and the staff he works with, not to mention his fans.

But YOU have question marks over his attitude. You would know best after all. Thank God you've warned us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Yeah Ronaldo's attitude is awful alright. Lets ignore the fact that basically anyone who has worked with or played with the man have spoken about how much of a consummate professional he is and how serious he takes his work. Lets ignore how well he generally seems to get on with his teammates, his managers and the staff he works with, not to mention his fans.

But YOU have question marks over his attitude. You would know best after all. Thank God you've warned us.

It's his opinion. Cop on, you condescending fool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fakman87 wrote: »

Mister-Tee_3035602b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

In my opinion the Earth is flat lol. I can't be wrong it's my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Fakman87 wrote: »

Trying to present a retarded opinion as anything other than retarded is simply retarded.

Cop on Max, you 2 dimensional fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Of course he can be wrong. My problem is with the typical response in this forum of "You have a different opinion to me and therefore you are an idiot".

If someone in here disagrees with you, they don't have a debate, they just respond with straw man arguments, ad hominem and condescending ****e like the above guy did.

It's utter nonsense.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement