Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

TheDoc wrote: »
    Do you ever get that in work or home or something where you just run out of passwords to use? My Desktop in work has that craic of change your password once every 14 days, and you can't use like one of the last eight or something. Seriously running out of combinations

Assosiated with some numbers, have gone with WellDoneFellaini :D

No, but I do use combinations of United players squad numbers to remember digits on things like bank accounts and passports.

You need a unqiue user ID to log into most online bank things, and my old Ulster Bank account I think was 17110032, which I remembered as NaniGiggsDoubleODiouf at the time, much easier.

[That's no longer by bank user ID by the way for any Nigerian princes in the thread]

Or if someone tells me to quickly remember a phone number I'll repeat things like "087-Park-Vidic-Fletcher-Evra" for 0871315243, for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Bernd Leno is the best goalkeeper in the universe just ahead of Mignolet, why would you need anybody else

I hope Madrid do the right thing and sign him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I suspect what he really meant was "Thats none of your business, so have a meaningless stock answer".

That was obvious. Was a stupid question you answered tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    No, but I do use combinations of United players squad numbers to remember digits on things like bank accounts and passports.

You need a unqiue user ID to log into most online bank things, and my old Ulster Bank account I think was 17110032, which I remembered as NaniGiggsDoubleODiouf at the time, much easier.

[That's no longer by bank user ID by the way for any Nigerian princes in the thread]

Or if someone tells me to quickly remember a phone number I'll repeat things like "087-Park-Vidic-Fletcher-Evra" for 0871315243, for example.

I had just give up on the internet for today and then this comes along.
    Genius idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Villa have only one fit CB for Saturday.If we play like the last game and a half we'll see them off easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Redo91 wrote: »
    RVN was the same too. Considering all the goals he got for us I'm pretty sure he just got the one goal outside the box.

against charlton at valley if memory serves me right. RVN was the ultimate fox in the box, ridiculously good for us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »
    Villa have only one fit CB for Saturday.If we play like the last game and a half we'll see them off easily.

Worry is, Villa won't play like Pool and Spurs. They'll pack their box and see if they can park the bus. Won't have as much room as we did against the other two who actually tried to play football...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Worry is, Villa won't play like Pool and Spurs. They'll pack their box and see if they can park the bus. Won't have as much room as we did against the other two who actually tried to play football...

So we hope Fellaini can make a massive target of himself and iccupy some of those defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lord TSC wrote: »

At least we are now playing as if we want to score goals and have runners into the box compared to before when we passed it to within 30 yards of the opposition and elected to go sideways or backwards.

Just read that the game will be 1 day shy of the 6th anniversary of Maaaccchhhheeeeddddaaaaa!!!!! scoring THAT GOAL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Villa are one of those teams I just can't be concerned about, not even in a "park the bus" fashion. I fully expect us to roll over them this weekend, even if its one of the bad days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Woah, completed 4 years this month. 4000+ posts, 0 warning and 0 cards. Rio Ferdinand would have been proud of that record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Poor chico....

Hernandez: "I'm in a team but left out of what is important, which are the games. At times my confidence is rock bottom."

I would be happy if he stayed with us for one more season next year instead of falcao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Poor chico....

Hernandez: "I'm in a team but left out of what is important, which are the games. At times my confidence is rock bottom."

I would be happy if he stayed with us for one more season next year instead of falcao

As fans we'd like to see him do well, but I think if he comes back he'll be repeating the same line again in 12 months.

As fans we'd like to see him do well, but I think if he comes back he'll be repeating the same line again in 12 months.

your probably right. I'd be happy if we did a swap deal to spurs for kane and we give them hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

He need to go play at Spurs or similar, for his own sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Woah, completed 4 years this month. 4000+ posts, 0 warning and 0 cards. Rio Ferdinand would have been proud of that record.

Our very own Gary Lineker

I love Chico, but is he really that surprised with his lack of minutes at Real Madrid?

Very important Summer coming up for him at his age, he needs to find a club with a realistic prospect of regular football for himself. I don't know if that's back at United. I would like to see him back, but the role I envision for him at the club is not unlike the one he just expressed frustration with at Real Madrid, and he deserves better.

I wonder what the relationship was/is like between he and Moyes, because Chico could be a great signing for Real Sociedad. Now that I think of it, Chico did express frustration last Season and seemed to be one of the unhappier players in Moye's United, so maybe Sociedad isn't an option.

In any case, I'd like to see him find regular football with a good club, I just don't think it will be with United or Real Madrid at this stage for him unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Giggsy11 wrote: »

So you're no craic at all then! You have to wear your cards like a badge of honour round these parts.

Hernandez believes he's better than he really is, he needs to take a drop in level and produce consistently before he'll get the real crack at the top level he seems to think he deserves

He's 27 in a few months, Real Madrid was a terrible choice last year, set himself back when he's supposed to be coming into his prime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

against charlton at valley if memory serves me right. RVN was the ultimate fox in the box, ridiculously good for us.

That was the one. I can't remember who Chicharito got his against though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Think Hernandez would do well in a team like Valencia or Seville.

Falcao with his 3rd in 2 games.

Hernandez is good enough as a rotational player for top teams but he should join the club where he can play all games and score regularly, club where team is built around him. Poachers can still play a role, after all Icardi is among leading scorers in Serie A and his all round game is worse than Hernandez.

Like mentioned he should join clubs that are below top 2 in La Liga or try his luck in Bundesliga.

I think Falcao is top goal scorer for Colombian NT. So our squad has top scorer of Netherlands, Colombia and in the near future top scorers for England and Mexico. But among them only 1 is useful for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

Redo91 wrote: »
    That was the one. I can't remember who Chicharito got his against though.

Chelsea at home a couple of seasons ago maybe?

He's 27 in a few months, Real Madrid was a terrible choice last year, set himself back when he's supposed to be coming into his prime

No professional footballer is going to turn down Real Madrid though. He's not going to think "I'll never break into the team there", you're not going to make it to the top of the game to begin with if you think that way. You'd have to have enormous self belief.

No professional footballer is going to turn down Real Madrid though. He's not going to think "I'll never break into the team there", you're not going to make it to the top of the game to begin with if you think that way. You'd have to have enormous self belief.

You do if it's a loan and you're competing for one position against a player you simply are not better than in almost every regard, he should have got a loan to a slightly smaller club to play weekly and prove there's reason for his frustration at not starting for clubs as big as United or Madrid

You do if it's a loan and you're competing for one position against a player you simply are not better than in almost every regard, he should have got a loan to a slightly smaller club to play weekly and prove there's reason for his frustration at not starting for clubs as big as United or Madrid

I agree with you, and we can see that. But I don't think he'd have ever thought of it like that. I don't think most players at that level would ever think like that.

I agree with you, and we can see that. But I don't think he'd have ever thought of it like that. I don't think most players at that level would ever think like that.

they really should though - players should look at teh squads they are going to and the prospects of actually playing football. Its why I have to laugh at players like Scott Sinclair - moving to City could only ever have been about the money cause it certainly wasn't his football he was thinking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

they really should though - players should look at teh squads they are going to and the prospects of actually playing football. Its why I have to laugh at players like Scott Sinclair - moving to City could only ever have been about the money cause it certainly wasn't his football he was thinking about.

Wasnt Scott Sinclair thinking about his sleeping arrangements when moving to Citeh cos Helen Flanagan didnt want to live in Swansea or as she called it France......

But i do agree with your general point that players should be slightly more realistic in their decisions on who to sign for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Chico is 27?!?! What.

Jaysus....career somewhat wasted being a bit part player.

With a resurgence in Smalling and Jones in the last few weeks, I wonder did Evans' end his United career with that spit at Cisse. Would Smalling and Jones have got the game time together in the last few weeks if Evans' was available - I don't think so, Evans' superior comfortability on his left side would probably have got him starting.

Careers can change, for better or worse, in moments - I wonder is that one that will impact on all of Jones, Smalling and Evans.

there are some who pick development over being chewed up and spit out by the likes of Madrid though. I reckon Nani could have angled for a bigger club if he wanted and I really think he should get a shot next season at least as an option

I see Pedro is being linked with a move away for £15 million, bit of a steal really, it's no shame being kept out of the team by Neymar. PSG were linked with him for 60 million a few summers ago, would rather he didn't go to Arsenal or Liverpool as he'd do a good job imo

there are some who pick development over being chewed up and spit out by the likes of Madrid though. I reckon Nani could have angled for a bigger club if he wanted and I really think he should get a shot next season at least as an option

I see Pedro is being linked with a move away for £15 million, bit of a steal really, it's no shame being kept out of the team by Neymar. PSG were linked with him for 60 million a few summers ago, would rather he didn't go to Arsenal or Liverpool as he'd do a good job imo
    is he all that good? Or is he a competent player, made look a lot better by playing with some absolute world class players at both international and club level.

Javier Hernandez, currently on loan at Real Madrid, will be sold by United when he returns from Spain. [telegraph]

For what its worth, think we all expect it anyway.

• Advertisement

is he all that good? Or is he a competent player, made look a lot better by playing with some absolute world class players at both international and club level.

He must be one of the best finishers around that play out wide, technically very good and great energy. I'd hate to see him Ozil and Sanchez together they'd make Welbeck look like Pele.

Although he is a bit of a midget so could flop in the PL and as you said its hard to really judge a player who's spent his entire career in the comfort zone of Barcelona.

LVG documentary on MUTV.

One thing he said: ''I am very flexible...and my wife knows this.' lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Not quite sure I see him in any system we've played this season anyway which would render any move for him pretty useless.

Would therefore all depend on how the squad is shaped during the course of the Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

With a resurgence in Smalling and Jones in the last few weeks, I wonder did Evans' end his United career with that spit at Cisse. Would Smalling and Jones have got the game time together in the last few weeks if Evans' was available - I don't think so, Evans' superior comfortability on his left side would probably have got him starting.

Careers can change, for better or worse, in moments - I wonder is that one that will impact on all of Jones, Smalling and Evans.

Evans will still be there next season, a very good defender and an ideal squad member imo

https://twitter.com/MARCAinENGLISH/status/582667466419081216

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a giggle at the bluntness of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If Chico hasn't a future at Utd then Id like to see him stay in Europe for another few years,

David Moyes might sign him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

https://twitter.com/MARCAinENGLISH/status/582667466419081216

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a giggle at the bluntness of that

Ha the fans are even blunter lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

your probably right. I'd be happy if we did a swap deal to spurs for kane and we give them hernandez

And in what world do you think Spurs would agree to that? Sure trade Valencia for Eriksen while Spurs are dealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

kayevajo wrote: »
    Chelsea at home a couple of seasons ago maybe?

I can't remember that one at all. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

If Chico hasn't a future at Utd then Id like to see him stay in Europe for another few years,

David Moyes might sign him up.

I honestly think Chico would rather gouge his own eyes out than play under Moyes again.

Bild saying we are looking likely to sign Roberto Firmino.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/bild-say-transfer-now-90-on-after-man-united-rep-talks-to-agents

Attacking midfielder - playing mostly central. A very good player, but would be an interesting signing in terms of where the squad could be going.

LVG has stated recently (and in the past) that 433 is his prefered formation, with either a number 10 behind the striker or a number 4 in front of the defenders (depending on opposition). If Firmino was signed, you would have to assume it would be at the expense of a striker. Possible implications for Mata too, who would be best used in that same role - but he did do well wider vs Spurs and Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Bild saying we are looking likely to sign Roberto Firmino.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/bild-say-transfer-now-90-on-after-man-united-rep-talks-to-agents

Attacking midfielder - playing mostly central. A very good player, but would be an interesting signing in terms of where the squad could be going.

LVG has stated recently (and in the past) that 433 is his prefered formation, with either a number 10 behind the striker or a number 4 in front of the defenders (depending on opposition). If Firmino was signed, you would have to assume it would be at the expense of a striker. Possible implications for Mata too, who would be best used in that same role - but he did do well wider vs Spurs and Liverpool.

They call the fella in front of the defenders a number 6 and 8 then is the box to box fella LVG likes....something which I always found curious about the Dutch was their numbering in the days of 1-11, number 5 is usually a left back whereas number 3 was a centre half...I remember being particularly perturbed by what number Jaap Stam would wear for us since he had always worn 3 at PSV and with Holland...jayzus the things I used to notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WEnwip_cIE

you wont see a better penalty than this.

3 goals in 2 games, yes opposition was poor but 70min and 90mins under his belt along with 3 goals his confidence should be good.

Would really like to see it work out for Falcao at United, a very likeable player and he always gives 100%

bangkok wrote: »

3 goals in 2 games, yes opposition was poor but 70min and 90mins under his belt along with 3 goals his confidence should be good.

Would really like to see it work out for Falcao at United, a very likeable player and he always gives 100%

I'd love to see it work out for him - as at his best he is world class.

I jus tthink it is too late for everyone on this deal.

United would be insane to pay the fee and contract that is reported to have been agreed in August. So a new deal would need to be come by.

Based on what has happened this season I don't see United being too pushed about keeping him, nor him being too pushed to stay and play for LVG/United. I would say both parties will be happy there is a very easy, face saving, out in the summer.

For there to be even a remote chance, he would have to do brilliantly in the remaining 8 games of the season and I would be shocked if LVG was to change the formation from Spurs/Liverpool to accommodate him. Maybe we could go 442 at the weekend at home to a Villa side without 3 of 4 CBs - but I would say 433 is going to be played for most of the remaining games and there isnt a GOOD way of playing Falcao in it without dropping Rooney to the bench, which I don't see happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

bangkok wrote: »

I'd give 100% if I was on 270k a week too.
    What do you expect anyone to give when they're working and on that type of money ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement