Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ohh yes what a sensible comment brilliant first class mate.

Touché

(ed. not scoring points per the term)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Korat wrote: »
    Touché

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I'll high 5 you for the :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Remember Touche Turtle?

Right time to get back to Aston villa :) god I missed club football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fellaini hattrick on the cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Arsenal and Liverpool draw and Stoke win would be ideal at the weekend, Fellaini is going for the Balon D'Or so he will need to propel us into the title race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Arsenal and Liverpool draw and Stoke win would be ideal at the weekend, Fellaini is going for the Balon D'Or so he will need to propel us into the title race

Would it be nearly better for Arsenal to win as it keeps Liverpool further away from United.If both United and Arsenal win United would be 8 ahead of Pool but still only 1 behind Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

yabadabado wrote: »
    Would it be nearly better for Arsenal to win as it keeps Liverpool further away from United.If both United and Arsenal win United would be 8 ahead of Pool but still only 1 behind Arsenal.

If Van Gaal doesn't regress back into the shell he was in pre Spurs game we could really be sitting in 2nd place in two weeks and not have to worry about Liverpool at all. Would be nice to leapfrog Arsenal this weekend

If Van Gaal doesn't regress back into the shell he was in pre Spurs game we could really be sitting in 2nd place in two weeks and not have to worry about Liverpool at all. Would be nice to leapfrog Arsenal this weekend

Id take an arsenal win then we are truly looking upwards as long as spurs keep been their inconsistent selves,
    The only thing I can see making lvg go back the way we were is rvp been fit and trying to shoehorn him and Rooney into the same team again.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »

Would rather the draw myself. It would put us ahead of Arsenal if we get 3 points Saturday.

Arsenal win would be fine but I like be bit ambitious here and think we can get 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Would rather the draw myself. It would put us ahead of Arsenal if we get 3 points Saturday.

Arsenal win would be fine but I like be bit ambitious here and think we can get 3rd.

Totally agree. I'm a little surprised by the lack of ambition around here. :P

Tbf I can understand why people would want Arsenal win. :)

Anything but Liverpool win would be OK. I guess we just worry about getting 3 points and let rest sort itself out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

No fresh injuries to report from the international break?
    Lets kick on now with the last few games of the season.
    Mon ta fúck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭bren2001

ElChe32 wrote: »
    No fresh injuries to report from the international break?
    Lets kick on now with the last few games of the season.
    Mon ta fúck!

Smalling went off concussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Balls, didn't see the game -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Going over at the weekend with the young feller for the villa. Haven't been over since the Ronaldo era so really looking forward to it. Have to say since Rooney was moved out of midfield and we went to a flat back four we've locked an awful lot better. No coincidence really that we've started playing well. Couldn't have timed my trip better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Tbf I can understand why people would want Arsenal win. :)

Anything but Liverpool win would be OK. I guess we just worry about getting 3 points and let rest sort itself out

The other thing to consider is that if Arsenal and Liverpool draw, and United beat Villa, then everything else being equal we could afford to draw against Arsenal later and hang on to 3rd.

(I realise all else being equal is unlikely though)

Oh I've loads of ambition but id rather we got rid of pool first. We still have to play arsenal and city we have as good a chance as them to get second if we keep playing like we have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Was going to post a Vine of Fellainis goal but it was only a tap in and he asked me not to, he is scoring so many great goals these days he felt this one was a bit of a let down to his fans. So in an act of generosity he said I could donate his goal to the poster of my choice.

Then I asked him how the weather was up there. O how he laughed and then said it was always sunny these days.

Said to give a big SHOUT OUT to his man Bangkok, they go way back apparently used to play on the Irish U19 team together but he never once found him from a corner. Sent his apologies again about the thing with ur gf.

Then with a leap and a bound he flew off into the night sky and for a fleeting second it went pitch dark as his affro blocked out the light from the moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

So Madrid signed Danilo, hopefully we are in for Dani Carvajal. Excellent RB and might not be happy to sit on bench.

Love to go Saturday but simply can't afford it.

Hopefully we kick on now Saturday. A good performance and result can set us up for rest of season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So Madrid signed Danilo, hopefully we are in for Dani Carvajal. Excellent RB and might not be happy to sit on bench.

who says it wont be Danilo that will be sitting on the bench??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

bangkok wrote: »
    who says it wont be Danilo that will be sitting on the bench??

No one, that's just a guess.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    No one, that's just a guess.

id say they will play an equal amount of games enough to keep both of them happy, I presume arbeloa will move on now

carrick class against the Italians when he came on last night, so composed on the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I'm not sure how great a signing this would be what with Ronaldo or Bale possibly signing in the summer. Would be harsh on Ashley Young as well given the great job he's done this season

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/01/usain-bolt-starts-football-career-with-shock-manchester-united-transfer-5129931/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

thelad95 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how great a signing this would be what with Ronaldo or Bale possibly signing in the summer. Would be harsh on Ashley Young as well given the great job he's done this season

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/01/usain-bolt-starts-football-career-with-shock-manchester-united-transfer-5129931/

I'd play him up top, instead of Rooney - use his pace to get in behind defenders. We've been missing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not sure if serious...

Or unsure of the date.

• Advertisement

I will just remind you that it is first of April today and to take every story from the media with a pinch of salt, ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'd play him up top, instead of Rooney - use his pace to get in behind defenders. We've been missing that.

He's tall too, we could 'LONG' 'PASS' it up to him.

He's tall too, we could hoof it up to him.

I believe the words you are looking for are 'LONG' and 'PASS'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I believe the words you are looking for are 'LONG' and 'PASS'.

Fixed there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Wonder then would we get an official testosterone sponsor..

Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Carrick was very good last night, his last few performances have impressed me, and I would categorise myself as a hater

• Advertisement

Spazdarn wrote: »
    Carrick was very good last night, his last few performances have impressed me, and I would categorise myself as a hater

Shake it off.

he has been good for years in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Good but not great, felt when United needed the ball transitioned up the field quickly he wasn't doing well enough.

England needed to settle down and string their passes together when Delph was pissing away possession, and he really settled the team.

Good but not great, felt when United needed the ball transitioned up the field quickly he wasn't doing well enough.

England needed to settle down and string their passes together when Delph was pissing away possession, and he really settled the team.

sorry let me rephrase what I said, Carrick has been excellent for years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Its happening!!! :D

Guillem Balague:
    As I keep saying, there is zero possibilities of Gareth Bale or Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Real Madrid this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Just a heads up on the Villa game - not on Irish/UK TV but is live on Fox Sport Italia, C+ Futbol Esp and C+ Sport France .. All in glorious HD :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

irishfeen wrote: »
    Just a heads up on the Villa game - not on Irish/UK TV but is live on Fox Sport Italia, C+ Futbol Esp and C+ Sport France .. All in glorious HD :)

cheers mate :)

I may move my dish then so lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

bangkok wrote: »

Wow.
    I really hope that article was written in jest with today's date in mind.

EDIT; I didn't actually read the article but the headlines didn't warrant me going any further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wow.
    I really hope that article was written in jest with today's date in mind.

EDIT; I didn't actually read the article but the headlines didn't warrant me going any further

In fairness the article isn't claiming Carrick to be as good or the equivalent, but as someone who clearly possess' the qualities to perform the sort of role Pirlo does, and that's true.

There is immense irony in how after every tournament where England fail there is big reviews and the question of technical ability and controlling possesion always comes up. But never does the criticism that the two best technical CM's England have had in recent memory, they have epicly squandered. Playing Scholes out wide to accommodate to inferior players and this tunnel vision on the Gerrard-Lampard paradox when it should have been "Who plays alongside Scholes" was quickly followed up with England glaringly having serious issues in their midfield, trying all different people and looking at it from all angles, bar the obvious one, Carrick.

As always too late for England when the penny finally drops. It took them to get absolutely stomped at the WC and Gerrard to be shown up big time, for them to finally turn to Carrick, in his mid 30's. Ridiculous imo. I have massive sympathy for him, not England. He should have been a mainstay in the England team for the last decade, and that he could rack up so many titles and be so influential for United, just goes to show how the English management are always looking for the complex solution, when the obvious answer is right in front of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I may move my dish then so lol.
    Ladders at the ready :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not FTA sadly,it'll be Kodi for me on the Android box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Any news on Smalling yet? be a bummer if he's out at the weekend with Evans being banned too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Any news on Smalling yet? be a bummer if he's out at the weekend with Evans being banned too.

If he's out it'll be Jones & Rojo in the centre with Blind & Valencia at full back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement