Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

qmtfoxdv.jpg

MixedGleamingBlackfly.gif

Raheem Stalling, Ster Wars, Theatre Of Raheems.

Gotta love their God-awful headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

stankratz wrote: »
    Press conference for the Villa match...

Can we still win the title boss?

'Mattedmacedatly'

:D

TTwdMJx.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

£50m for somebody that still has everything to prove is just crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Lads just a quickie.. few of us heading to the game tomorrow.. any decent pubs up near old trafford that anyone can recommend for a nice few beers with good banter before the game? Gonna head up there about 12pm

Lads just a quickie.. few of us heading to the game tomorrow.. any decent pubs up near old trafford that anyone can recommend for a nice few beers with good banter before the game? Gonna head up there about 12pm

Sam Platts on Alex Ferguson Way or the Bishop's Blaize at the top of Matt Busby Way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Wouldn't want that cretin anywhere near us.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

zerks wrote: »
    Sam Platts on Alex Ferguson Way or the Bishop's Blaize at the top of Matt Busby Way.

Cheers mate thanks alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Used to go Blaize all time up to about 2009 and kinda got sick of place. I usually be in town with father, relatives or friends and then head out. Platts is not too bad.

Is Pete Boyle still making money in the Blaize?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

stankratz wrote: »
    Press conference for the Villa match...

Can we still win the title boss?

'Mattedmacedatly
    '

:D

"Matamagically" ;)

Used to go Blaize all time up to about 2009 and kinda got sick of place. I usually be in town with father, relatives or friends and then head out. Platts is not too bad.

Is he still around?

I remember the pub that was there before it was knocked and the Blaize was built,it was a dump but the craic was great.

Is he still around?

I remember the pub that was there before it was knocked and the Blaize was built,it was a dump but the craic was great.

I say he is. He is a good egg, but he has screw loose too but harmless guy. Makes his money from selling CDs

Checked Liveonsat,TSN2 HD in Canada are showing the game,I have it streaming flawlessly on the tv...............it better be the same come 3pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Sterling would be a luxury purchase if ever there was one. I'd prioritise a CB and RB over him.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Sterling would be a luxury purchase if ever there was one. I'd prioritise a CB and RB over him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/03/mats-hummels-borussia-dortmund-manchester-united?CMP=share_btn_tw

Hummels story seemingly gathering pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Papers will look like idiots if he doesn't sign, Vidal last year was bad,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Hococop wrote: »
    Papers will look like idiots if he doesn't sign, Vidal last year was bad,

Yep sales really plummeted after that :/ they don't care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Checked Liveonsat,TSN2 HD in Canada are showing the game,I have it streaming flawlessly on the tv...............it better be the same come 3pm tomorrow.

Those channels always hold up on various Kodi channels, usual locations

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

If you're coming from Mancester town to OT, walk ten mins past until you come to a little place on the left called the railway club.

Tis a pound in, 2.40 a pint and they do a bit of grub around the same price as a pint. Cracking little spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bishop Blaize is your best bet! But get there early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

thelad95 wrote: »

Sterling is a boy that has won nothing and done nothing of note.

The only reason he is been touted for ridiculous figures is cos he is English.

If LFC are offered £50 million for him then they would be incredibly stupid to turn it down imo.

I would be disgusted if we bought him never mind spending £50 million on him.

He sure is. Has a side kick now too a crazy chinese looking fela

VW 1 wrote: »
    If you're coming from Mancester town to OT, walk ten mins past until you come to a little place on the left called the railway club.

Tis a pound in, 2.40 a pint and they do a bit of grub around the same price as a pint. Cracking little spot.

Is that 10 mins past the Blaize Ya?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    He sure is. Has a side kick now too a crazy chinese looking fela

He been there for while. Ya he funny fecker alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭dahat

At the game also but with a 16yr old so not sure on heading to the pub before the game though would like to see the early match if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Price is crazy alright but Sterling is one of the most talented young players around, he would be a great addition to the Utd squad. Not that it will ever happen though, for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Sterling is a class player. I don't know how being a really good football player counts for so little when some people are judging football players.

But £50m is stupid money. We've payed stupid money too often in the last few years. Thankfully there's no chance of this transfer happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Platts is a godsend for anyone wanting a bit of atmosphere but without the patience to queue. Plenty of space in it too. I generally go there for a couple after the game and let the traffic or tram queues die down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Is the game on TV today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is the game on TV today?

no :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Is the game on TV today?

Not in the UK & Ireland unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Dropped our lord and saviour Fellaini into my fantasy team yesterday. Hope his Belgium form continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Pro. F wrote: »
    Sterling is a class player. I don't know how being a really good football player counts for so little when some people are judging football players.

But £50m is stupid money. We've payed stupid money too often in the last few years. Thankfully there's no chance of this transfer happening.

I think we'd have to be crazy not to at least be in the hunt to sign him. He's the most talented English player since Rooney. Is he worth £50m? Not a chance. Is he better than Young, Valencia and Januzaj? Definitely. He has good pace and the ability to beat a man. Two things we've been crying out for for years.

Is the game on TV today?

Is the game on TV today?

Yes, it's on SS1, BT Sports 1, Setanta 1 and BBC 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I hope the Sterling rumours are just an attempt to wind up the scousers. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole for £50m and he'd probably be pulling the same stunt in two years demanding more bonkers wages anyway. He's worth more to Utd as a divisive figure in a rival dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Training kits

adidas-manchester-united-15-16-training-kits%2B%282%29.jpg

adidas-manchester-united-15-16-training-kits%2B%281%29.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Korat wrote: »
    I hope the Sterling rumours are just an attempt to wind up the scousers. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole for £50m and he'd probably be pulling the same stunt in two years demanding more bonkers wages anyway. He's worth more to Utd as a divisive figure in a rival dressing room.

He wont go for 50m; even with the English tax, he's a player angling for a move, with two years left on his contract, who the fans seem to be turning on. Would imagine 30m will be closer the mark.

I think it would be funny to get him; after last year, hearing they were a top team and we were on the decline, for a player (probably their best) to leave them, citing ambition and wanting to win a title, and come to us, would kind of be sweet karma :P

• Advertisement

no :(
    Not in the UK & Ireland unfortunately.

That's unusual. The 3pm's are usually on Setanta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That's unusual. The 3pm's are usually on Setanta.

Its on tsn 2 in Canada :) have it set up on mobdro on my android box :)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its on tsn 2 in Canada :) have it set up on mobdro on my android box :)

That doesn't make any sense to me, but I'm glad you're getting to watch it. Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

2-0 arsenal we have to beat villa now

Had to beat Villa regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pool getting destroyed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Liverpool imploding here, funny stuff they could get a hammering here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

mata broke their spirit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Win today and top 4 is all but secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

3-0 Arsenal, Liverpool have a much inferior goal difference as well so the 5 points currently between us is equivalent to 6 point.
    United can't afford a slip up today, need to strike Aston Villa hard and open an 8 point gap/9 point gap equivalent if you include goal difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Arse v Pool
    United v Villa
    Dortmund v Bayern Munich

I'm not leaving the couch today!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement