Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Fair play to United they had a huge win over us last weekend and I can't see them losing out on the top 4 after today. It'll be interesting to see the impact of Champions League on United next season and how LVG performs next season.

Congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Hate to see Falcao struggling. He gets a few a minutes at the end of matches when the rest aren't arsed and nothing happens for him. I'd still try and sign him for reasonable money. He's gonna go to another big club next year for **** all and piss goals, I can feel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

NoelJ wrote: »
    Fair play to United they had a huge win over us last weekend and I can't see them losing out on the top 4 after today. It'll be interesting to see the impact of Champions League on United next season and how LVG performs next season.

Congratulations!

Still got Arsenal City and Chelsea to play, isn't over yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

77% possession

19 shots on goal

7 on target.

The philosophy is beginning to take shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

As much as I appreciate the magnanimous approach - it's over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

That Rooney goal was just beautiful! - good result, performance not 100% but we did more then enough to win it.

8 Points clear of Pool and moving above City (albeit they have a game in hand)... what a beautiful fcuking day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So it just so awesome at the moment. That table is looking great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

zerks wrote: »
    77% possession

19 shots on goal

7 on target.

Also, six outfield players had well over 90% passing accuracy!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

I'd be shocked if you don't get it.You'd have to lose all 3 of them and Liverpool to beat Chelsea which I can't seen happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

zerks wrote: »
    77% possession

19 shots on goal

7 on target.

Last year it would have been backs to the wall clinging onto the lead. Now the team keeps the ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

ElChe32 wrote: »
    The Mata Herrera bromance is a joy to behold. :D

2VYJKuU.jpg?1

Ander: I love you.

Juan: I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Whats gonna happen with RVP when hes back? surely no chance of going away from the 4-3-3 now.

Nolars wrote: »
    Whats gonna happen with RVP when hes back? surely no chance of going away from the 4-3-3 now.

Drop Rooney for him if he keeps playing like he did today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

As much as I appreciate the magnanimous approach - it's over.

We were 8 points clear with 6 games to go in 2011/12

Come on to fcuk Stoke and Palace :)

CBwotyKWgAEccn3.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Anyone else see Mata's interview this morning on football focus? His English is very decent. On Herrara he said he sensed a kindred spirit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/EPLStatman/status/584380670727823360?p=v

Angel Di Maria becomes just the 2nd player to get in double figures for assists this season with Cesc Fabregas (16) #MUFC

Iv been very happy with him. A great buy. You cant have 11 WC players for every position but every top team needs a player like Blind.

• Advertisement

Fakman87 wrote: »
    We were 8 points clear with 6 games to go in 2011/12

Liverpool didn't catch up that time either. ;)

I have to say, having worked long days and a six day week this week when most of the country were only doing four regular ones, the football today has done an incredible job of restoring my good spirits.

The two Guinness probably also helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I have to say, having worked long days and a six day week this week when most of the country were only doing four regular ones, the football today has done an incredible job of restoring my good spirits.

The two Guinness probably also helped.

And a couple more won't hurt ;) get them into you lad!

That has to be at the very least a loose grip made on top 4 now. To miss out, United would have to drop 8 points out of the remaining 21, with Liverpool winning all of their games in the meantime. I suppose 3 defeats to City, Chelsea and Arsenal would be 9 points dropped but it is very much in our own hands now.

Young was busy and creative today, but goes yet another game without a goal or assist. Meanwhile, Di Maria saunters on and sets up Rooney for a whopper. Yes, Rooney had work to do before striking to control the ball and did it all magically, but Di Maria has assists and therefore 'end product' falling out of him where Young currently doesn't. I'm not denying that Young was important player for us today, but would just like to see more of his good play lead to a goal for himself or one of his team-mates.

Herrera is going to be a United legend, and there isn't a CM in England I'd have at the club over him. His general play has been vital to the possession-based game that LVG is trying to hammer into the players, and his goals have been a bonus, a very important bonus at that. His 1st today sent the team into the dressing room on a high with a bit more calm than 0-0 would have, and his 2nd sealed the game and with it the possibility of Villa grabbing an equaliser. Serious player, I wonder how long it will be before the usual reports start of Madrid/Barca calling an impressing Spanish player home.

On that possesion-based game of Van Gaal's, I think we've seen both extremes of it this season. The worst was on display when they were controlling possession against the weaker teams, but finding it hard to break through on goal. The last few games have shown, or at least strongly hinted at the best at what it can bring to the club. Many rightfully predicted that this would be a different game for United compared to Spurs and Liverpool as Villa wouldn't be as open and would be happy to sit behind the ball a lot. Villa did that, but we were still able to break through and create several genuine chances. Mata was unlucky not to score quite early, as was Fellaini later on with a header.

Once the team continues to create chances while playing the possession game, I will continue to warm to it. At the moment there is one element that I'm quite enjoying and the players seem to be having a bit of craic with it themselves...

nyrli.jpg

Not the most comfortable of wins but still overall a sign of the team moving in the right direction. Roll on City, it's been a while since I last said that. Should be a great game and this team are capable of at least a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Blind has been brilliant since going to left back. Not got amazing pace but his positioning makes up for it and he has a knack of winning the ball when he has no right to. Always commits to the tackle aswell. Great to see so many of the new guys come in and play well this season and also fit the kind of personalities you want playing for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Chelsea have 9 games to play (including current game now playing) possible 27 point for a total of 94 points.
    City 8 games to play, 24 possible points for a possible total of 85.
    Arsenal 7 games to play. 21 possible points for a possible total of 84.
    United 7 games to play. 21 possible points for a possible total of 83.
    Liverpool a possible maximum of 75 points.

Chelsea would need a meltdown to lose the title.
    United along with Arsenal have the best form, hopefully by the time of the Arsenal game it is not even a fight for an automatic CL stage place, 4th place is a risk.

Second place is the aim, to aim any higher at this point would be being over optimistic.
    United hitting form at the right time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Young doesn't actually cross to anyone is the problem. 2 assists from his side today where Blind and Di Maria actually looked at who they were passing to and put it where they have a chance of getting to it. There were one or two nearly crosses from Young today but as usual mostly just got headed clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Liam O wrote: »
    Young doesn't actually cross to anyone is the problem. 2 assists from his side today where Blind and Di Maria actually looked at who they were passing to and put it where they have a chance of getting to it. There were one or two nearly crosses from Young today but as usual mostly just got headed clear.

If he didn't go back for the second needles check on to his right and did it the first time when he has usually created a space to cross it, the forwards would be able to attack the ball. By the time he crosses it, there's nobody with momentum going towards goal and it's easy for the defenders. I'd safely say he's have numerous assists if he crossed it earlier rather than teasing the defender in front of him.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. Always has had a habit of keeping his head down, if he'd look up now and again, he'd get them into better positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Can't help myself but say highlight of the day was the bitterness from the ex pool players on BT and ssn.

F**King sweet!

Also come on Herrera, all Fell's plaudits well deserved they are, it seems he has gone under the radar, over the moon for him. Something from the next big 2 games we are set for top 4. Thinking we can take City even without the recent upsurge in form, it's making more confident the form we are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Listened to it and it seems Valencia got into decent positions several times and wasted every single one. It's infuriating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

RasTa wrote: »
    Listened to it and it seems Valencia got into decent positions several times and wasted every single one. It's infuriating

It surely is, it's a shame. He has everything in his locker except that final ball and bit of awareness. In those situations technically he's shocking. With someone better alot of goals would be coming from that side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I'm actually feeling optimistic :)

Come onnnnn.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Chelsea having problems. Costa lasting 11 minutes.

We might win the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Cheers lads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

user2011 wrote: »
    Can't help myself but say highlight of the day was the bitterness from the ex pool players on BT and ssn.

F**King sweet!

Also come on Herrera, all Fell's plaudits well deserved they are, it seems he has gone under the radar, over the moon for him. Something from the next big 2 games we are set for top 4. Thinking we can take City even without the recent upsurge in form, it's making more confident the form we are in.

What the the ex pool players say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It's blossoming into something truly special. What Matagawa should have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    It's blossoming into something truly special. What Matagawa should have been.

The thought of Matagawa brings a tear to my eye. Could've been majestic.

Chelsea again very average v Stoke (and it looks like Costa could be out for a good few weeks)... I think if we perform like we did against Liverpool we'll beat them - although Mourinho will go ultra defensive against the big boys as usual. City next is a massive game, it would be lovely to beat them at OT :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

MagicIRL wrote: »
    The thought of Matagawa brings a tear to my eye. Could've been majestic.

I've no more tears to cry, I'm over it. What I have now in 'Juander' is better than anything Matagawa could have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭dahat

RasTa wrote: »

It was worse live. Wasted so many good positions.

Hopefully Spurs lose tomorrow now and then I can relax some what

10986915_10152875167857746_7422130639040573478_n.jpg?oh=a1c9beaf9271c1638307bfe74121d89a&oe=559AA529&__gda__=1437960268_2b7d576f780420b945602845fea46de2

10410257_10152875170232746_6697895536704122430_n.jpg?oh=af6398fa0cea76b8e9895c25b979b131&oe=55A40742

2749239E00000578-3025632-image-a-77_1428163575033.jpg

11060915_10152875172252746_6824825450960662679_o.jpg

10347420_10152875172347746_3635937984427226144_n.jpg?oh=575bc814b43de4da5444c676c1729345&oe=55BC8340

:D
    "He has a very good kicking technique and should only be more composed. I told him ‘you have to control the ball before you shoot’, and then I kissed him at half-time because he had controlled the ball for the first time in his life and then he shot. But then I came after the second half to him and he said 'without control I can do it also!'"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Headshot wrote: »
    Hopefully Spurs lose tomorrow now and then I can relax some what

3 tough, v tough games coming up

Trilla wrote: »
    3 tough, v tough games coming up

True but we arent just dragging the results out now, we are deserving them now. Playing great stuff and the team are buzzing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement