Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

#WellDoneFellaini

user2011 wrote: »
    #WellDoneHerrara

I missed the joke soz. : )

Capital of Thailand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

CBx2cTqW8AErQQn.jpg:large

Imagine if this boy hit form.. :)

irishfeen wrote: »
    CBx2cTqW8AErQQn.jpg:large

Imagine if this boy hit form.. :)

Love to see it, It's a tough call to make though, Youngs doing well his crossing is letting him down though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My man love for Mata has just hit a new level.

Headshot wrote: »
    My man love for Mata has just hit a new level.
    Yes its getting kind of awkward now ... :o:o:o:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Love to see it, It's a tough call to make though, Youngs doing well his crossing is letting him down though.

He is a class player waiting to light up the premier league. Young is doing well for us wouldn't drop him I'd play him instead of fellaini

bangkok wrote: »
    He is a class player waiting to light up the premier league. Young is doing well for us wouldn't drop him I'd play him instead of fellaini

No sh*t sherlock.

Fellani is absolutely undroppable v City & Chelsea IMO ... he could be all the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If we sign one cb of note. One rB. One cm...

I honestly think our team will be beast....

Some amazing players at our disposal.. Juan mata is god...

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

All he needs now is a bit of pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Bangkok - the majority of your posts are drivel of the highest order, but your constant barracking of Fellaini, when he's proven himself this season as a hell of a good player for us? Well that's just laughable tbh.

Alot of supporters have not come through the last two seasons unscatheted from posting Absoloute and utter ****ing scutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Would love Mata to score the winner against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And celebrate like a madman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I think that be too much for me. I already got some funny looks in the pub when I shouted "get in mata you sexy bastard" after his second against Liverpool :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just talking about the game today he was the worst United player on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Bangkok - you're right Fellaini hasn't had a brilliant season and he's a little j&h but you go way over the top.

Howya now there hey?

On Di Maria, has LvG been playing him out on the right a fair bit this season? Has he had a run in the team in the same position that Young has been playing in over the last couple of games? Didn't he play his best football for Madrid playing on the left?

Anyway things look like they're starting to come together for Utd. Bit late in the season unfortunately but it's promising for next season. The performances against Spurs and Liverpool were something we haven't seen for quite a while. I think Utd can win the league next year tbh (not that they will, but they can).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Di Maria got the second most assists in the league despite playing around 1000 minutes less than most of the top 10

Would love to see him hit form in the remaining games

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Just watched MOTD there. Pile of ****. They showed the goals and that's it.

After seeing your comment, I was pleasantly surprised when I watched it this morning to see you were talking sh*te. They actually showed the goals and 5 more unrelated passages of play.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/584341890402750464

No player in Europe's top 5 leagues has made more interceptions in the opposition's half than Daley Blind (23).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Lord TSC wrote:
    No player in Europe's top 5 leagues has made more interceptions in the opposition's half than Daley Blind (23).

Things are looking good for next year get rid of a bit of dead wood add a few decent players and we are league contenders again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

30 million on shaw... Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

English tax. Look at the prices being thrown around for Sterling. I think Shaw will come good for us though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hummels looks like he could join, but would like another centre back too, we all remember the crisis earlier in the season, when they seemed to be as brittle as fine bone china.

United should try and get Laporte, Real Madrid and Barcelona it is claimed want him, there are claims United tried to sign him in January, how true, is anyone's guess. But Bilbao were never going to sell in January, whatever the case.
    Cost would be over £30 million/€42 million Euro.

A top class midfielder and right back and a left winger - probably Depay, plus a forward to replace Falcao and maybe RVP, but I think RVP stays.
    I don't believe Pogba returns. I don't want Strootman as he is too injury prone, and would rather he proved himself first to be ok over a longer period.

Claims are United have another £150 million to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shaw was always a long term project, it will do him good to settle in around seasoned professionals IMO.

Plenty games to go around next season as well, hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Shaw will come good. Hampered with injuries this season so never got a run in the team. Still very young, too.

I much prefer Blind over Shaw at left back, and I would hope Blind finishes out the season playing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

RobertKK wrote: »
    I much prefer Blind over Shaw at left back, and I would hope Blind finishes out the season playing there.

I'd say he will can't see lgv changing the system too much

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Their highlights seem to be getting worse by the week,I barely watch it anymore.You just don't get a feel for the game.

The crowd noise always seems lower on Bbc coverage than on Sky's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

344127.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Palace and Burnley double now and we be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Blind has had a great first season and will be a solid squad player for us. He was great yesterday but average to poor against Spurs and Pool at LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Realistically, Blind is going to replace Carrick. He was bought a DM, and that's where he's best. Just look at his career while playing in the Dutch league. He's useful at CB and LB, but he is a midfield player. Give him some time to settle in to English football and he'll be flying in that holding role. He reads the game so well.

If De Gea plays the remaining matches this season, he will be the first player to have played every league match since Pallister and Bruce did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

RobertKK wrote: »
    Hummels looks like he could join, but would like another centre back too, we all remember the crisis earlier in the season, when they seemed to be as brittle as fine bone china.

Claims are United have another £150 million to spend.

If Jones and smalling could stay fit then one centre back would suffice. If they get enough game time together they can be the best partnership in the league. People forget Jones is only 22 or 23 and has not had a clear run at centre half since he joined. He has another 2 r 3 years to go before he starts to peak.
    One of Hummels, Godin, Garay or Chilleni would do for me. Evans may pack his bags as I don't see him getting many more games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Robson99 wrote: »
    If Jones and smalling could stay fit then one centre back would suffice. If they get enough game time together they can be the best partnership in the league. People forget Jones is only 22 or 23 and has not had a clear run at centre half since he joined. He has another 2 r 3 years to go before he starts to peak.
    One of Hummels, Godin, Garay or Chilleni would do for me. Evans may pack his bags as I don't see him getting many more games

Chiellini has been dirt for a while now, wouldn't go near him.
    It shows the lack of top quality CB's in the game if those 4 are considered to be the higher end of the market.

I'd take Godin from those if I had to pick one but he's getting on a bit now.

In

Hummels 30m
    Coleman 15m
    Schneiderlin 20m
    Bale 70m
    Striker????

Out

Rafeal 5m
    Evans 5m
    Nani 5m
    Hernandez 10m
    Falcao 0

We may need the 150m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

We won't be signing Bale. I do think Depay is nailed on

• Advertisement

Chiellini has been dirt for a while now, wouldn't go near him.
    It shows the lack of top quality CB's in the game if those 4 are considered to be the higher end of the market.

I'd take Godin from those if I had to pick one but he's getting on a bit now.

Its more of what may be available rather than a world best 4. Possibly Godin for me as well. Hummels is class on the ball but imo may just lack a yard of pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lowest amount of goals conceded in the league for the past 20 games.(12)

RasTa wrote: »
    We won't be signing Bale. I do think Depay is nailed on

Your probably right. Just my wishful thinking

In

Hummels 30m
    Coleman 15m
    Schneiderlin 20m
    Bale 70m
    Striker????

Out

Rafeal 5m
    Evans 5m
    Nani 5m
    Hernandez 10m
    Falcao 0

We may need the 150m

Only 5 for nani haha anywhere between 15-20 I think, he has 4 years of a contract and has had a good season on loan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I also don't think we'll be getting 10 for Hernandez, who has barely played for 2 seasons, is out of favour and only has a year left on his contract. As much as I love him, 10m would be phenomenal business for him...

Hococop wrote: »
    Only 5 for nani haha anywhere between 15-20 I think, he has 4 years of a contract and has had a good season on loan

Ya and clubs were queuing up for him last summer. 5m might be low but not a hope in hell of 15 -20m

Ya and clubs were queuing up for him last summer. 5m might be low but not a hope in hell of 15 -20m

€15-20 million isn't that much in today's game, personally I would prefer to hold on to him for next season

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I also don't think we'll be getting 10 for Hernandez, who has barely played for 2 seasons, is out of favour and only has a year left on his contract. As much as I love him, 10m would be phenomenal business for him...
    Apologies thought had 2 years left. Anyways we can expect roughly 25 m from those players if they leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The problem with Nani is you need to persevere with him for a lot of games before he starts finding form, he is pretty much useless used as a squad player

• Advertisement

Godin has made it clear he doesn't want to leave Atletico and he wants to stay to finish his career there.
    Can't see Atletico wanting to sell their best defender either. Both parties very happy with the status quo.

Hummels, I think will happen, read his father and LVG were colleagues in the past...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement