Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Manchester City (H) 2-2
    Chelsea (A) 1-1
    Everton (A) 0-1
    West Brom (H) 3-1
    Crystal Palace (A) 0-2
    Arsenal (H) 1-1
    Hull (A) 0-2

Total - 77pts (4th)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/31idsa/a_heartwarming_moment_at_ot/
    I was in the Stretford End for the Villa game yesterday and this moment was in the warm up. Doing the usual shooting drills, Rooney blasted an effort over, striking a young lad (no more than 5-6 years old). It hit the young lad square in the face and sent him literally cartwheeling, and, needless to say, the waterworks began. The players didn't realise what had happened and carried on with their drills. After it was brought to their attention, and obviously checking the little lad was okay, Victor Valdes removed the shirt from his back and ordered it to be sent back to the injured boy along with a signed ball from the warm up. The whole Stretford End applauded and it was a touching moment that showed the club still has a heart in the modern game. Although it was basic human decency, it made me immensely proud to be a fan of this great club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Chelsea are coasting.

If we can chuck a spanner in their works, who knows whether they'll do enough to get over the line before Arsenal.

Korat wrote: »
    Chelsea are coasting.

If we can chuck a spanner in their works, who knows whether they'll do enough to get over the line before Arsenal.
    Jose will go ULTRA defensive v's the big boys and try win games on the counter/set pieces/penalties (they don't have to win. a draw would be fine for them)... they will be incredibly hard to beat at Stamford Bridge. The only way I can see us beating them would be a moment of absolute brilliance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The problem with Nani is you need to persevere with him for a lot of games before he starts finding form, he is pretty much useless used as a squad player

I looked at the programme from yesterday's game. He made the most appearances of all players in the 2010/11 season.

What a surprise that it was his best season then. PFA Team of the Year, nominated for young player of the year, won our POTY and bagged countless assists.

Play him consistently (avoid injuries) and you've got a quality player on your hands. I'd be delighted if he came back and van Gaal trusted him enough to start him regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

irishfeen wrote: »
    Jose will go ULTRA defensive v's the big boys and try win games on the counter/set pieces/penalties (they don't have to win. a draw would be fine for them)... they will be incredibly hard to beat at Stamford Bridge. The only way I can see us beating them would be a moment of absolute brilliance.

Juanford Bridge :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Eh which one of ye hoors changed the positivity train into a bloody couch?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is one match a week till season's end, one match at a time, one match to win, one by one.

United can finish 2nd, the biggest threat is Arsenal. Second last match to decide second place.

City's form is not inspiring, Arsenal and United with the best form of the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Al Capwned wrote: »

That would have been me. Apologies to all involved.

Still think it's far from done and dusted :pac:

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »

Every doubt shared is a chance for certainty to be confirmed.

For every Manc a religion. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Spot Ed Sheeran in the crowd.:pac:

PA-392094-1024x683.jpg

zerks wrote: »

PA-392094-1024x683.jpg
    I'm lost :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Spot Fellaini's dad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm lost :o

ck3JneV.png

ck3JneV.png
    *goes off to check what Ed Sheeran looks like again* :o:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

The way Utd have played this season has often been worse than under Moyes. I find it hard to be confident of winning on luck alone but I'll take it when it comes.

Van Gaal's gift is that the style he sets his team out in is so awkward to play against it disrupts the other teams game plan and somehow in that confusion Utd have won a lot of games.

Three or more points from the next two games would leave me much happier that there's more method than madness at play this season.

This reminds me of the Pokemon games years back on the gameboy where it would tell you your pokemon has "hurt itself in confusion", and all I could imagine was it not knowing what to do so it randomly punches itself in the face.

Are you seriously saying that a lot of our wins are due to the fact Van Gaals system is so hard to understand that the opposition gets confused and forgets how to play football?

Are you seriously saying that a lot of our wins are due to the fact Van Gaals system is so hard to understand that the opposition gets confused and forgets how to play football?

Yes

On the talk of making the top 4 or not - at the moment Utd need 14 more points to be mathematically guaranteed a top 4 finish . This is two points per game which is exactly what Utd have averaged over the 31 games of the season so far. Liverpool have a soft enough run-in but they have to go to Chelsea which they won't win, so that brings it down to 11 or 12 points to be (almost) guaranteed a CL spot. Spurs have to play Man City, Everton, Southampton so they will drop points.

So basically four wins, or any way to get 12 points, from the last 7 games will do it I think.

If teams finish tied on points does it go to goal difference? Utd have a far superior GD than either Liverpool or Spurs, so if it's GD then realistically 13 points will guarantee a CL spot, 10 or 11 will almost certainly do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

This reminds me of the Pokemon games years back on the gameboy where it would tell you your pokemon has "hurt itself in confusion", and all I could imagine was it not knowing what to do so it randomly punches itself in the face.

Reminds me of when Rooney was 'angry and confused' and about to leave. Guess at least now it's the opposition players we are making confused rather than our own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

MagicIRL wrote: »
    He was bought a DM, and that's where he's best.

Blind is best at LB IMO. I think he was signed for his versatility (he's already played in 3 positions this season) more so than just to be shoehorned as a DM. Added to the fact that Van Gaal knows him so well. He started off playing for Van Gaal in the Dutch team at LB, had a spell in DM, and eventually tied down the spot at LWB.
    MagicIRL wrote: »
    He reads the game so well.

Definitely so. I think he'll improve in the coming seasons too. I don't think he is the long term successor to Carrick though - I think ultimately someone else will be signed to replace Carrick.

Blind is fast becoming one of my favourite players at the club though. Very clever player.

• Advertisement

jscaz.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

That's the best I could come up with zerks after a good 2 minutes of looking at the photo, care to put me out of my misery? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I wonder does LVG look back now and realise how foolish it was to be playing Rooney in midfield ahead of Herrara?

I wonder does LVG look back now and realise how foolish it was to be playing Rooney in midfield ahead of Herrara?

We'll see what happens when RvP gets fit again.

Hoop haawa!!

He is the dutchman in charge but hij alwjys havjing djish tejam in hijh hed.

Jaa Est-es Von Holande

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hoop haawa!!

He is the dutchman in charge but hij alwjys havjing djish tejam in hijh hed.

Jaa Est-es Von Holande

I wonder how good your dutch is...

Beckenbauer has said "At 26, Hummels is at the best age to make the move to England."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Season's not even over. For the sake of your health lads, just wait for the BBC to break it or you'll end up pressing F5 so quick your fingers will break.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Beckenbauer has said "At 26, Hummels is at the best age to make the move to England."

**** stirring bureaucrat and all that he is these days, it means he isn't going to Bayern. :)

It's on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A young Roy Keane

344193.jpg

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hopefully Palace can do a job on City later to cap off a great weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

A young Roy Keane

344193.jpg

Where am I meant to be looking ha,feel like I'm playing where's wally

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Hopefully Di Maria starts as LW against City, he creates chances and can pick pass better than Young. Should start against City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

So many great looking characters in that photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

1428162113359311.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

xtal191 wrote: »
    1428162113359311.jpg

Black Madrid Jersey with a horrible colour for the United crest. That would be a major let down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It looks awful because of the gold chevrolet logo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Mars Bar wrote: »

Better get used to it, I don't know what the new jersey is going to look like but I would be shocked if it doesn't include the full logo.

A lot of people identify cars on the street by the logo, Chevrolet are only paying us so much money so that they can get that logo burned into millions of peoples brains. They want people to a see a Chevrolet logo on a car and immediately know that it is a Chevrolet because they recognise the logo. They also want a "Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon", where because we see the logo on the United shirt, we then start seeing it everywhere else on the roads, creating the impression that Chevrolet is a really popular brand.

Its a crappy, blocky logo whether on a car or on a shirt, but its here to stay.

Liverpool seem to be imploding from the inside - every little helps i suppose :)

But that logo helps United buy a £50 million player per season...so I don't care.

It's who is in the shirt that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Liverpool seem to be imploding from the inside - every little helps i suppose :)

What's happening now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hococop wrote: »
    What's happening now?

There was a "story" in one of the rags that BR had a bust up with a couple of players during a team meeting.

Hococop wrote: »
    What's happening now?
    As business said a few of the papers were on about a bust up/a crisis meeting/Henderson leaving... probably nothing to it but look if there is we won't complain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The logo don't bother me anymore I'm use to it now and some of the new jerseys have been really cool even tho most are probably a million miles from been right but that black one is the worst effort of the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Better get used to it, I don't know what the new jersey is going to look like but I would be shocked if it doesn't include the full logo.

A lot of people identify cars on the street by the logo, Chevrolet are only paying us so much money so that they can get that logo burned into millions of peoples brains. They want people to a see a Chevrolet logo on a car and immediately know that it is a Chevrolet because they recognise the logo. They also want a "Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon", where because we see the logo on the United shirt, we then start seeing it everywhere else on the roads, creating the impression that Chevrolet is a really popular brand.

Its a crappy, blocky logo whether on a car or on a shirt, but its here to stay.

I understand all of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Mars Bar wrote: »

+1 - Sadly I don't think any shirt will look decent with that logo on it. I do like the look of that black & red though (but I have to say I am sorry to see nike go - I know I am in the minority on this :o)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Interesting scoreline in the Palace game, early days though. :) *Crosses thumbs no Jinx 123*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

We have the beating of City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

2-0 palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

2 - 0 :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement