Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of EU roaming charges no longer happening in 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

and then they spout about a common market!!! If all travellers bought a local sim you would the telecom operators drop their extravagant charges in a flash. I think 3 will lead the way ie take over more and more companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

17 years after the Good Friday agreement they has been precisely zero progress in providing some required free roaming on this island, despite having issued new 4G licences in that period where new conditions could have proposed. They just wait on the EU, which is inevitably a much more complex issue and contentious issue across such a wide range of members.

No doubt Sinn Féin were discussing how to solve this at their Ard Fheis, they were in their fanny, that would be actually useful and achievable unlike what they were waffling on about.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I think the elimination of EU roaming charges is a good move. However roaming agreements are not as straight forward as it might seem.

3 is one to watch, although Vodafone would be also, especially since they're working a lot at their European market (e.g. FTTH rollout in Ireland). At the moment I see Vodafone, Eircom and 3 being the players, instead of Vodafone/O2/3/Meteor as before.

Advertisement